ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ALMOST Scammed
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:43 pm 

My husband heard from one of these payment processing scam people. He received the Money Orders, and cashed them. He went to Western Union to send the money 3800 dollars.

I immediately got a bad feeling, and asked him to cancel the wire. He cancelled the wire and got back all but the costs of the transfer. I consider us very lucky. We did not know anything about scams before this.

We lost about 114 dollars times two for sending money to Nigeria. The cashier's checks from bank of the west have not bounced yet. We deposited the money from the Western Union back in the bank. We have a big enough balance to cover when the counterfeits bounce and the fees. However what else should we do? My husband did not give them any information bank etc. He didn't open any urls from them that would log keystrokes. What else should we do?
Jen

Post subject: Re: ALMOST Scammed
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:09 am 
blondejen wrote:
My husband heard from one of these payment processing scam people. He received the Money Orders, and cashed them. He went to Western Union to send the money 3800 dollars.

I immediately got a bad feeling, and asked him to cancel the wire. He cancelled the wire and got back all but the costs of the transfer. I consider us very lucky. We did not know anything about scams before this.

We lost about 114 dollars times two for sending money to Nigeria. The cashier's checks from bank of the west have not bounced yet. We deposited the money from the Western Union back in the bank. We have a big enough balance to cover when the counterfeits bounce and the fees. However what else should we do? My husband did not give them any information bank etc. He didn't open any urls from them that would log keystrokes. What else should we do?
Jen

Was it money orders or cashier's checks?

Break contact with the scammer, contact the bank, redeposit the money. Do not accept any more forms of payment from people you do not know. They WILL send you more checks, they will continue to try to find a way to coerce you to send them money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:26 pm 

It was money orders.

Sorry I get those confused.
April

Post subject: Please reply with your info may help you and many of us
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:54 pm 

I, too, have been scammed but I'm working with the right people to do something about this... would you mind contacting me. I need to find people, "cases" like mine to put together so that my case can be taken further if not the only three cases that have been reported will go "filed" which we all know what that means. Please send me your story! Anyone!!!

I was contacted via email, mailed (fed ex and usps) counterfeit money orders, cashed and verified by Wells Fargo employee, and now my account is overdrawn. And, I Western Unioned the money. Now here I am pennyless and distraught. Luckily, I figured it out before the bank did, if not I would be looking at felony charges, too. Bank is not helping any either.

Please contact me PLEASE Help me get cases together so that we can recover our own money at least.

LET'S DO SOMETHING TOGETHER!!!