ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Postal money orders and my scammer.......must read
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:09 pm 

Hi, I was trying to sell a pair of diamond earrings and was using craigslist. Boy did i get a bunch of creapy people who wanted them all shipped to nigeria and they wanted to send me western union money or a money order.

Then Miss Laura emailed me....she claimed she lives in VA and buys diamonds all the time. so i went along with it and gave her a really good fake story of the earrings and told her that i was going to donate the money to the local cancer ward, thinking that she wouldn't continue to contact me. Well, she thought i was a noble person for doing that and wants to donate money to them too! She claims that she is in the UK on a diamond spree and must go to, yup you guessed it, Africa because her father was in a car accident. But this is her latest proposal to me.....

"But for the Money orders....you'll need to cash them by yourself before giving the money to your brother ok.......just make sure when you get them,take it down to your bank and they'll cash it immediately because that where i always cash them when my customer makes payment for me..
i'll need you to help me out in doing something right now...i still have alot of people to make payment for around the states right now and this will cost me alot of money sending them to each address.....so i don't know if you'll be able to help me out in despatching everything to various address.....All i need is to send everything down to you ok......so you'll help me send them via FedEx to there various address ok.....the address will be on each envelope....
i am even plan on giving some additional money because you want to help the lil boy you told me about or what do you think? well anyhow..i ave a suprise....i already ad some few money to the money order i sent to you..as you can see on the one of them i scan to you...it carry $850 each and i sent 3pieces to you and they re payable to your name...so aimee...i don't know how much it will cost you to send to each address for me...please let me know if u re going to help
love to hear from u soon
Laura S"

i know that it is illigeal for whatever she is trying to do, but is there somewhere to contact to report this?

Thanks,
Aimee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:07 pm 
Where are you located? Call the local Postal Inpector when you recieve the package, the Secret Service would also help you out.

Please take the fake money orders out of circulation, they could ruin someone if they cash them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:19 pm 

so i should emai her and tell her that i woudl do it? should i call the secret service first???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:51 am 
You need the money orders first, then contact the Secret Service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:38 pm 

They are correct get the money ordes and all the information you can on this woman. Then go straight to the Post master for your area. They will then start there investigastion, then contact your local athoritize and the secret service. This just some advise from some one who has had it happen.

Post subject: I feel your pain!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:16 am 

?I too was victum.... May I ask... did you ever heared from authorites that your money was found, and the purpetrator was arrested?

baby bell wrote:
They are correct get the money ordes and all the information you can on this woman. Then go straight to the Post master for your area. They will then start there investigastion, then contact your local athoritize and the secret service. This just some advise from some one who has had it happen.

Post subject: Re: I feel your pain!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:01 am 
BRETTUMS wrote:
?I too was victum.... May I ask... did you ever heared from authorites that your money was found, and the purpetrator was arrested?

baby bell wrote:

To be quite honest, money is rarely recovered and suspect are never arrested.

Very difficult situation