ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can someone PLEASE help me!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:27 pm 

Hello there!! :P

Well, i need your help. YES!! I need your help because my dear friend monica has been contacted by one of this nigerian criminals to help him in a transaction. And i have try everything that i can think off, to warn her about this nigerian scam (i even told her about this forum) and nothing seems to get through my friend; because she believes that the transaction that the Nigerian propose to her is NOT fake, because this person is NOT asking for any money, but he is only asking for her Bank Account Information!!

So my questions is... What scam can a person do with a Bank Account?? (even if it's an empty bank account; because my friend almost doesn't have any money on her bank account) So what crimes can be committed with this bank account??, i mean... he cannot steal money from the account; because like i say... it's almost empty, but What others crimes he can do with this bank account??

I hope you guys can help me about giving me information about what crimes can a person do with a bank account; because i don't know what else to do with my friend!! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:50 pm 
By using her account number he can print what appears to be Business checks, send them out with fake lottery letters, people deposit the checks and they are returned NSF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:58 pm 

Thank you so much; armac... for the info. And i don't want to sound dumb :oops: but What exactly is "NSF"????

I'm asking this; because this is the first time i hear this term for a returned check!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:17 pm 
non sufficient funds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:59 am 

angel, there are different ways they use. What armac said about using her account is one. Gaining her trust then asking her to cash checks for him and then wire the money Western Union less a percent for herself, or telling her she has inherited money and sending her official looking forms so she believes it is true then the money requirements begin. If you could give us more information about what this person is telling your friend we might be able to give you more specific advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:24 pm 

Angel-
I just logged on and saw your mail concerning your friend and what is a Nigerian scam lurking in the shadows. Everything that everyone is saying is true. I am a victim of the 419 scam. I have for the past year been trying to clean up my credit record. It has been herendous. I have had identity theft. I found out that there were 5 different me's out there all with DIFFERENT ss#'s. Two of which were from deceased people. I must urge you to continue talking to your friend. She is playing with fire. Identity theft is ony the beginning. It has taken me 1 year and a lot of money to get this straightened up. Please feel free to contact me.

Foxfire

Post subject: Re: Can someone PLEASE help me!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:31 pm 

angeltisho wrote:
I hope you guys can help me about giving me information about what crimes can a person do with a bank account; because i don't know what else to do with my friend!! :?

They haven't asked for money yet. There may be fees that need to be paid later down the line. Sometimes they'll ask for a bank account and do nothing with it just to gain your trust. Later on however there are fees the scammer claims he cannot pay and needs help with. That's when the trips to Western Union or Moneygram begin.