ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I've been scammed .. Help please ..
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:39 am 

Hey everyone.. Well I'm kind of new to this seeing as I've never been scammed. I had received an email from CalebCole74@yahoo.com who claimed to be the Director of a fabric and textile company. He said he needed help with the transaction of money because he was located in the UK & couldn't receive money from US. He claimed "payments would be in soon" and that I would have 10% of every payment, which seemed pretty good to me considering it wasn't too much work & I could still enjoy the summer before going back to school. I was sent four $500 american express travelers checks which I had deposited into my account. I also received a check for $8,500. "Caleb" had asked me to send a western union for $3,600 ASAP to a country in Africa. Turns out that none of the travelers checks, nor the check was legitiment. I just got off the phone with my bank. Honestly, I don't have that kind of money being an 18 year old. I'm being held responsible, which I completely understand considering everything was under my name. But I WILL NOT stand for this - I absolutely WILL NOT stop until I find out who did this and track this person, I don't care how long it will take. This is outrageous. I didn't realize how many people it had ever happened to until I looked on this site. I have to say that this disgusts me to know that there are people out there willing to put other people at stake for them being greedy enough to screw people over like this. I don't know what to do now. Does anyone know what my next step should be? Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:49 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Please read this message thread

http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=585

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: I've been scammed .. Help please ..
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:55 pm 

missjx0 wrote:
Hey everyone.. Well I'm kind of new to this seeing as I've never been scammed. I had received an email from CalebCole74@yahoo.com who claimed to be the Director of a fabric and textile company. He said he needed help with the transaction of money because he was located in the UK & couldn't receive money from US. He claimed "payments would be in soon" and that I would have 10% of every payment, which seemed pretty good to me considering it wasn't too much work & I could still enjoy the summer before going back to school. I was sent four $500 american express travelers checks which I had deposited into my account. I also received a check for $8,500. "Caleb" had asked me to send a western union for $3,600 ASAP to a country in Africa. Turns out that none of the travelers checks, nor the check was legitiment. I just got off the phone with my bank. Honestly, I don't have that kind of money being an 18 year old. I'm being held responsible, which I completely understand considering everything was under my name. But I WILL NOT stand for this - I absolutely WILL NOT stop until I find out who did this and track this person, I don't care how long it will take. This is outrageous. I didn't realize how many people it had ever happened to until I looked on this site. I have to say that this disgusts me to know that there are people out there willing to put other people at stake for them being greedy enough to screw people over like this. I don't know what to do now. Does anyone know what my next step should be? Please help.

I have been scammed also, however it was via countefeit money orders. They were sent from a female individual claiming to temporarily reside in nigeria. I was out a total of $3,400 and I feel the same way, I don't intend to stop until she is prosecuted. I would also appreciate ANY help ANYONE can provide me, thanks, and good luck in your case I wish you the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:16 pm 
They are very rarely caught and almost never prosecuted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm 

I have some information that you might be able to use. The "cell phone" that was used in 2006 was 00233244806699. If you do a search for it, it comes up with a company in...Ghana. The company name is Octobison. I don't know what it is, but it's further than you have gotten. Also, when this happened to me, I searched the email address and it came up with somebody in Texas on MySpace. You can search for CalebCole74@yahoo.com and you can also try to find clouise74@yahoo.com & barr_d_tetteh@yahoo.com; they are interrelated. If you find anything regarding these emails, post it up here. I wouldn't mind discussing a few things with this person.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:46 am 

dear friend
always keep in mind your personal details are your personal details don't let others know about it. if you think anything fishy or you smell a rat, just go to google and search it out.

missjx0 wrote: