ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beware of Postal Money Orders!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:04 pm 

Hey, I poster a PDA on Amazon and within a day I had two likely fraudulent replies. Keep you eyes peeled for theses creeps as they will keep doing this.
1)
Your $300.00 USD Money Order Postal for " ipaq" from Sisco Gbangban has been approved. Your Money Order Postal has been sent immediately and you shall receive it in 2-3 business days.
Due to the fact that most sellers don't send out item despite the fact that buyers have paid for the item(s), so we have made a policy that sellers must ship out items within 24 hours of payment confirmation and send us the tracking number of shipping for verification.
Below is the address where the money order will be sent to and if the address is incorrect please email us back,
Also below is the sample of the money order that will be delivered to you after we have receive the shipment tracking number from you.
Money Package tracking number
--------------------------
RI712777215GB
--------------------------
You can check here to confirm the delivery of the money by shipment courier service
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/trac ... stid=31264
N.B
NOTE THAT THE FUNDS CAN ONLY GET TO YOUR DESTINATION WHEN YOU SEND US THE SHIPEMNT TRACKING NUMBER FOR OUR VERIFICATION AND TO MAKE THE ARRANGEMENT TO DELIVER YOUR FUNDS TO YOU ON THE ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE GIVEN TO YOU.
If we do not hear from you as soon as you receive approval confirmation of the payment,We will be return money back to the buyer. We will be awaiting you to ship the item and mail us the shipment tracking number so that we can send out your payment.With this no buyer can stop payment with a false claim that there is no longer any transaction between the two of you after you might have shipped.We are your mediator,we stand between both the buyer and the seller because we have our name to protect.
Thank you for using Postal Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments® needs in future.

Domestic Money Orders"

*Purchase with cash, debit card, or traveler's check
*Valid for an unlimited period
* Can be cashed at any Post Office or can be deposited or negotiated at your financial institution
*Replace damaged, lost, or stolen money orders.

Thank you for using postal money order. We look forward to serving your online
payment needs in the future.

HERE IS THE PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION WHICH YOU CAN PRINT OUT

Printer-Friendly Version Order Status:

Auction Payments Order Available
AVAILABLE

Order Placed
01/02/2006

Order Status
postal Order Available

Money Order Approved
postal Order Confirmed

Billing Information:

Processed successfully

Card Type
MasterCard

Card Number
5***********5643

Exp. Date
8/2007

Name on Card
Sisco gbangba

Street Address
57 herold road

City, State, Zip
sutton.wv.26601
Country
United State

Services Purchased:

ItemAmount
$300.00 USD

Shipping Fee

Total Amount posted to card
$300.00 USD

Item Unit
1 Unit
Purchased Item Information:

Auction site
Amazon

Phone Number

Item description
ipaq

2)
Hello,
This is Lizzy Lawrence,
Should you still have this item for sale
(Sony Clie PEG-TJ37/U Handheld [Electronics]
Price: $270. 00
Listing ID: 0129T207613 ] as i will want to buy this item for an penpal
friend in Africa (Nigeria)...get back to me so as to know the following
details...total shipping cost to Nigeria, and your method of payment.
Get back to me asap.
Lizzy.
As you can see, these people have perfected the craft of scamming. If anyone has a similar situation, please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:23 am 

I have the same situation. I posted an ad on a local website in Saudi Arabia, and got same sort of emails as you, guy saying to ship it to nigeria. Below is the usps payment notification I just recieved, I did't know how to verify it, so I search the net, and found your entry:

USPS MONEY ORDER APPROVED
USPS MONEY ORDER PAYMENT OF $375.00 MADE BY ROBERT LASISI TO SHAHID MAHMUD

Dear Shahid Mahmud,
Congratulation! Your $375.00 money order for " Sony MHC-WZ80 Home Theatre + Mini Hifi!!!" from Robert Lasisi has been approved. Your money order has been sent immediately Approved and you shall receive it in 3-4 business days.

Due to the fact that most sellers don't send out item despite the fact that buyers have paid for the item(s), so we have made a policy that sellers must ship out items within 24 hours of payment confirmation and send us the tracking number of shipping for verification.
Below is the address where the money order will be sent to and if the address is incorrect please email us back,

Shahid Mahmud
Software Developer
Bayanat Al Oula for Network Services
PO Box XXXXX, Riyadh XXXXX
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Also below is the sample of the money order that will be delivered to you after we have receive the shipment tracking number from you.

If we do not hear from you as soon as expected the payment will be returned back to the buyer. We will be awaiting you to ship the item and mail us the shipment tracking number so that we can send out your payment.With this no buyer can stop payment with a false claim that there is no longer any transaction between the two of you after you might have shipped.We are you mediator,we stand between both the buyer and the seller because we have our name to protect.

Thank you for using Postal Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments® needs in future.
"Domestic Money Orders"
*Purchase with cash, debit card, or traveler's check
*Valid for an unlimited period
* Can be cashed at any Post Office or can be deposited or negotiated at your financial institution
*Replace damaged, lost, or stolen money orders.

Thank you for using postal money order. We look forward to serving your online
payment needs in the future.
HERE IS THE PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION WHICH YOU CAN PRINT OUT
Printer-Friendly Version
Order Status:
Auction Payments Order Available AVAILABLE
Order Placed 28/04/2006
Order Status postal Order Available
Paypal Order Approved postal Order Confirmed
Billing Information:
Card Type MasterCard
Card Number 5***********5643
Exp. Date 12/2007
Name on Card Robert Lasisi
Street Address *************
City, State, Zip *************
Country US
Services Purchased:
Item Amount US $ 375
Shipping Fee $000.00
Total Amount posted to card US $ 375
Item Unit 1 Unit
Purchased Item Information :
Auction site http://www.expatriates.com
Item ID N/A
Item description Sony MHC-WZ80 Home Theatre + Mini Hifi!!!
Seller Information:
Name Shahid Mahmud
Email Address of the seller shahid@email.com

Address: Bayanat Al Oula for Network Services
PO Box 30000, Riyadh 10000
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
city,zip code: PO Box 301347, Riyadh 11111
State Riyadh

Sincerely,
Postal Money Order.
*****************************************************************************************
REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE
transfer_order@accountant.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
(NOTE: All amounts are in US$)
-----------------------------
Item Site :expatriates
Item Description :Sony MHC-WZ80 Home Theatre + Mini Hifi!!!
TOTAL : US $ 375

--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:49 am 

Both of you have fraudulant emails. They do this because they know it's "tempting" to the seller and they put a rush on it because they know it will come back as a fraudulant money order. The only place you can get a legit postal money order is from the USPS. If you are not given the option to make sure it's legit by verifying it with the USPS then don't accept the money order and move on to the next buyer as that's a big red flag. The only way to make sure you have a legit check/money order is to "wait" for it to clear. If they don't want to wait then don't sell it to them. You'll be the one who gets hurt in the end not them. Better to wait and be safe than sorry by moving too quickly. Even better would be to turn them down and not deal with it at all. I personally will not deal with anyone outside of the country. Been there, done that and learned from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:34 pm 
ximora wrote:
Both of you have fraudulant emails. They do this because they know it's "tempting" to the seller and they put a rush on it because they know it will come back as a fraudulant money order. The only place you can get a legit postal money order is from the USPS. If you are not given the option to make sure it's legit by verifying it with the USPS then don't accept the money order and move on to the next buyer as that's a big red flag. The only way to make sure you have a legit check/money order is to "wait" for it to clear. If they don't want to wait then don't sell it to them. You'll be the one who gets hurt in the end not them. Better to wait and be safe than sorry by moving too quickly. Even better would be to turn them down and not deal with it at all. I personally will not deal with anyone outside of the country. Been there, done that and learned from it.

Do not deposit any Postal Money Order, you have no idea when it actually clears, we have had them returned 2 months later. Take your Postal Money Order to the Post Office and cash it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:40 am 

do we have to wait until we get the money order from them and then send out the money to them ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:53 am 
Would you send send out something without a valid Payment method in hand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:21 am 

no i didn't because i felt something wrong and unsure about the buyer. Could you tell me what i should do right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:13 am 
hon-viet wrote:
no i didn't because i felt something wrong and unsure about the buyer. Could you tell me what i should do right now?

Give us a little detail on what the situation is, please NEVER send any excess money back