ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cash the money order an keep 10 percent send him the rest
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:31 pm 

It cost me about $5000 so for I have a question did any of you people get to go to court for this an if so what happened??? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:08 pm 

i actually am dealing with this right now .. except the guy sent me a direct deposit of $7,392.99 .. i haven't cashed it or anything and he wants me to send this amount VIA Western Union to somebody in Russia .. i've contacted my bank and they're getting back to me .. i'm so sorry good luck with it though .. i would try contacting Secret Serivce (the local field agent) and even your local police department

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:55 am 

What ever you do don't touch that money in your account! This reeks of a scam and I'm positve your bank will get back to you and let you know such very soon. And you are correct about notifying the secret service and police. Keep copies of everything and stop any further corresponce with the scammers as it could be used against you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:05 am 

that's exactly what i'm going to do .. i will explain to the bank that i believe this was a fradulent check that was deposited and i know for a fact that it will come back and deduct 7,392.99 from my account .. thank you so much for your reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:19 am 

I would also close that account once the bank does get back that it's fraudualant since the scammer now has you bank information. Also while it is still open, I would have them put a freeze on the account so that the scammer cannot make any kind of withdrawals from it by writing and sending out more fraudulant checks against your account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:30 am 

Hi
I work for a Company that is being used in a employment fraud. These people are from Nigeria. We have been trying for over 18months now to stop them using our company name and address, there, unfortunately is nothing we can do to stop them, we are looking into having something on our web page to warn people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:25 am 

thanks again ximora .. can i freeze the account now and the bank will be able to withdraw that 7,000 check or should i wait until its withdrawn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:33 pm 

Ask them to freeze it now, so that the scammer doesn't try and gain those funds by producing more fraudulant checks, sending them to someone else and asking them to cash it and wire him/her the money as it will go against your account. Since they can't get you to wire them the funds they very well may take this route next and go on to someone else. If a check gets cashed against that $7000 then it may clear before that $7000 does and you'll be out that difference. Tell the bank you want a freeze on that account until that $7000 has been verified as fraudulant. This way no one can write a check against it. It could literally take weeks for that $7000 to come back as bad. Meanwhile your account is wide open for this scammer to use. You don't want that account open to a scammer that long especially now that they have all of your account information! They could also use that information to make online purchases, etc! Tell the bank this scammer has your bank information so that they'll freeze it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:29 pm 

look what the jerk wrote me today .. GOD i hope this bank situation of mine is corrected IMMEDIATELY!!! keep prayin for me lolz

Dear ,

You have caused many inconveniences to our company. You have to send money immediately, if you don’t understand something concerning a transfer, you have to read instructions. Don’t send on line transfer, because it has $1,500.00 limit. You have to come to Western Union office and send $7,022.99 deducting a commission. Our company is losing its reputation and we can not wait for a long time because of the following reasons:

1. We have informed Timur Evgrafov already that he would get money on Wednesday. We have to pay 1 % fine per day.

2. We have informed the client that his payment would be delayed, he could cancel it at any moment and then your bank account would have a negative balance.

3. We do not get answers to our letters, we have to call you. We always use phone in especially difficult situations, and our basic method of contact is e-mail.

We do not want to solve our problems in a court and we hope that you finish this deal today.

We wish you success and we waiting good news today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:50 pm 
Gold Member

His threats about taking you to court are laughable, and he is trying to scare you into sending him the money. Explain that you went to the WU office to transfer the money, but the WU agent checked on the system, and his name and Timur Evgrafov came up as being linked to fraudulent money transfers, and they would not accept money tranfers in either name. If he still continues to demand payment, tell him you know he is a scammer, his 'client' does not really exist, just like the $7,392.99 does not really exist. Basically, tell him to 'Foxtrot Oscar'. If he has your phone number and calls you, tell him they spoilt a good set of teeth when they put a mouth in his arse (butt).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:39 pm 

lolz i'm definitely gonna screw around with him .. obviously how can they take me to court if they're in friggin LONDON and i'm out here in the USA .. after reading SOOOO many examples just like this scam, i know its definitely .. i'm just worried about this money being taken out .. i want it done NOW!!!! i'll definitely take your advice maninthestreet thanx hehe :)