There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: part-time homework ad
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:58 pm 
shawn wrote:
I received the same thing. True it's risky, but on my reply, it stated that the checks will be coming from a partner/company in the U.S. I am curious, and I will reply and wait to see what is axactly on the check and who the bank is. I will keep you posted also.

Shawn, my friend did it...cashed the check, sent the money. The bank had her picture on their video tape and she is being charged with thief, class 4 and forgery class 5....does it still sound safe to you - she thought it was a legitimate job.

If you deposit the check, the bank will clear it initially because they are stealing bank account numbers. When the bank account owner reconciles their account, they find the counterfeit check and file charges against the person who cashed it and/or return it againt your account as insuffcient funds......so then you are out all the money because you have sent the money to these people....it is bad...don't get caught up in it! People are filing complaints with the FBI.

Post subject: Erwido Oy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:13 pm 
Hey, I found this site after I had already received a check from the supposed client of Erwido Oy. The thing is my check was drawn off of Bank of America. I even called the bank to see if this was a valid check and they said yes, I called the company listed on the check (look them up in the yellow pages) and they were a valid company. I deposited the check yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon a co-worker of mine found this website, so first thing Monday morning i'm going to my bank and get this straight and i'm calling the FBI and giving them all the printouts from the emails and the pkg from Fed-Ex and the copy of the check sent to me. I thought I had researched everything good enough before I deposited the check but didn't know that I could just type Erwido in the address bar. I thought it had to be http://www.erwido.com. This Christopher Larson pulled my resume off of Monster.com. I always thought monster and careerbuilder and any other agency like them were screening these employers before giving them access to our information. Also, to the guy who was saying he wanted to know if the check could be cashed there is a lady on another one of these fraud websites stating she worked with this Christopher Larson for a year and two years after she stopped she was charged and is now facing 4 felony charges and these companies want there money back.

Post subject: Re: here is the story
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:24 pm 
They told me the same thing when I first got started except my check would be sent around March 7th or 8th and sure a hell I received the check on March 8th. I deposited and then I found this site. Can you tell me who at the FBI you are working with so I can forward them what I have or give them my info. I will give you an alternate website address to contact me in cause Christopher Larson or Kristie is reading these sites also use DREAMWURLD2@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you to get these bastards busted.

Post subject: Solid
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:34 pm 
I agree with that, its solid advice that i would follow myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:34 pm 

its now been a year and still i am dealing with the courts over this! I go to trial over this in Feb 2006!!!!!!!! I find help from NOBODY at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure i will end up in jail because of tis! I am a mother of 3, have no proof because of the fact it happen so long ago! PLEASE ALL BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: ERWIDO OY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:40 pm 

I am in NEED of help from anyone at all even if they have to call the DA here and tell them they to were scamed by this company

Post subject: BE AWARE!! www.inteuro-services.com
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:58 am 

I just became a victim of this scam.
Did research but everything seemed to be ok. Now I have a big problem.
Got a call from my bank, they told me people called complaining they never got there motorcycles and want they money back.
I did not know enything about his. This company told me the money is comming from there business account.

I got this job offer from Careerbuilder.com

Can someone give me advice what to do??

Post subject: Re: BE AWARE!! www.inteuro-services.com
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:00 am 

V.A.G. wrote:
I just became a victim of this scam.
Did research but everything seemed to be ok. Now I have a big problem.
Got a call from my bank, they told me people called complaining they never got there motorcycles and want they money back.
I did not know enything about his. This company told me the money is comming from there business account.

I got this job offer from Careerbuilder.com

Can someone give me advice what to do??

BE AWARE OF http://www.inteuro-services.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:02 am 

What gets me is these sites for helping you get a job allows these scams to be on there. I pass them right on by. RUN!

Post subject: Re: CareerBuilder.com
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:48 am 

Can Anybody tell me if they have seen or heard of this ,position or company,canyou e mail me at alk4316@yahoo.com

RE: [2] Message from Careerbuilder: We have an open position for you
Friday, June 26, 2009 3:33 PM
"sabmmacc@aol.com" <sabmmacc@aol.com>
View contact details
To:
Dear Andy,

You do not need to have any money in your bank account. Are you still interested?

Have a great day

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:33 PM
To: sabmmacc@aol.com
Subject: RE: [1] Message from Careerbuilder: We have an open position for you

Marcy ,

I wish I could help , my only account is plenty old enough just pretty empty right now, as I am currently unemployed ,
sorry
Andy Knick
In His Service

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, sabmmacc@aol.com <sabmmacc@aol.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: [1] Message from Careerbuilder: We have an open position for you
To: "'andy
Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 12:22 AM
Hello Andy,

We are glad that you showed an interest in an opening in our company.. My name is Marcy Wellington, and I am the HR Manager of SABMiller Holdings Ltd. I would like to say a few words about our company and its area of activity.

Our company was founded in 2007 in London UK, SABMiller Holdings Ltd is one of the largest electronics and gadget selling companies to millions of our customers -- businesses, groups and individuals. The SABMiller Holdings Ltd logo is a trusted symbol of dependability. Naturally, you have great expectations regarding your career and that means you will need plenty of room - to grow, to explore your potential and to realize your goals. HR Manager of SABMiller Holdings Ltd needs a responsible, honest, self motivated and reliable individual to work for the company as our Legal Representative in USA. This is in view of us not having an office presently in the USA. You don't need to have an office and this certainly will not disturb any form of work you have going at the moment.

About the job:

The average monthly income is about 6,000.00 USD
This job takes only 1-2 hours per day
Because of the today’s situation on the financial market, there is a vacancy to be filled in our company; the job opening is that of a Legal Representative within the US. This opening will help our company to reduce taxes that we are obliged to pay to the government each month. And we offer you one of the highest salaries on the market today and the minimal expenditures of time!

Presently with the amount of orders we have we cannot put them on hold for fear of losing our customers, secondly we cannot cash these payments from the US soon enough, as international checks take about 28 working days for cash to be made available here in London UK. We lose about 75,000 USD of net income each month because we have money transfer delays. Your task is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process. You are not involved in any sales.

We make direct contact for sales of products. Once orders are received and sorted we deliver the product to a customer (usually through FEDEX).The customer receives and check the products, after this has been done the customer has to pay for the products. We accept all forms of payment but most of our customers pay using Bank Checks and so in order to solve this problem and not lose any of our customers we have decided to open this new job position. This job is legal according to the U.S. legislation as it is today.
Your tasks are:

1. Receive payment from our customers.
2. Cashing the checks at your existing bank account.
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on each payment processed.
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to. (Payment is to be forwarded by Western Union Money Transfer).

Local money transfers take barely a few hours, so it will give us a possibility to get customer's payment almost immediately. For example you've got 3000.00 USD, you deduct your commission: 300.00 USD and then send to us the balance: 2700.00 USD. In the first month you will have 15-20 transactions after checking your background records, 3,000.00-6,000.00 USD so you may calculate your income. For example 20 transactions each around 3000.00 USD gives you a total income of 6,000.00 USD plus your basis monthly salary is 1,600.00 USD. Total: 7,600.00 USD per month and after establishing a close co-operation with us you'll be able to operate with larger orders and you'll be able to earn more. You will also deduct fees that are related to this job (gasoline, western union fees, bank commissions etc) from our balance, not from your salary or commissions. The checks will vary from: $500.00 to $3,000.00. We will also send you a 1099 Form for tax deduction on your part.

Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed in your existing bank account, we don’t accept newly created bank accounts, because it slows the cashing process. Deduct your percentage and forward the balance to the company attorney manager via western union money transfer, the name will be given to you later after cashing a payment. This job takes only 3-7 hours per week. You'll have a lot of free time doing another job; you'll get good income and a regular job. This job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are looking only for the worker who satisfies our requirements and will be an earnest assistant.

Next step: If you feel that you are a serious and earnest worker and you want to work for SABMiller Holdings Ltd, please answer a couple of questions:

First: How old is the account that you are planning to use for cashing checks from our company?

Second: I am interested if you have ever worked in this line of work for processing payments (processed checks for another company) and if yes please provide the period, what company and the reason you do not work for them any longer?

We wait for your answers and if you are still interested, in the next email we will send you the representative contract.

Marcy Wellington
SABMiller Holdings Ltd
St Johns Square
London, EC1M
United Kingdom
FAX 011-44-159-355-2084
FAX 011-44-555-288-3571

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:29 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

It is a scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 pm 

OMG! i just recieved the job offer a few days ago, i was so excited about this position because it seemed so easy an convenient!!AHH i can't believe its all a scam. I posted my resume on careerbuilder.com and a few days later i got a response asking if i was interested in being a representative.So i agreed to the position,and when i looked up the company, it dint come up as i thought it would, so then i looked up marcy wellington and sure enough it came up on google, but not in a good way,insteat i ran into this website with all these testimonials about this being a scam. I'm glad i looked it up first, i have the check still, it's just too bad this was too good to be true...its so weird that i happen to see the exact same thing and e-mails as all the others! 10% from the check, and even a $100 bonus for hurrying, i was so close to cashing it!! it was supposently to sell some gadget,but even that didn't come up, what a refief. I guess we can all agree that Marcy Wellington is a scam artist...