ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NIGERIAN ONLINE DATING FRAUD... what now??
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:50 am 

From reading the posts, I get the feeling that it's impossible to track these awful people down.

My friend is tearing apart his family bc of his Nigerian "love"--this 20-something kid has already sold his video games and pawned most everything and wired her 300.00

Now she wants thousands to supposedly buy a plane ticket. To avoid severing their relationship with their son, the parents are ready to throw away 5k to BUY a plane ticket and send it over there--a plane ticket but NOT cash.

She insists cash is the way to go and you can imagine the devastating fight going on right now between the parents and their "love sick" son who's completely BLIND to the scam.

What can we do? How can she track her? How can we show him that this is a fraud and he's being taken? This scam is tearing a family apart and I am at a loss as to how we can fix this.

Please help.

Mary

Post subject: NIGERIAN ONLINE DATING FRAUD... what now??
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:45 am 
Gold Member

Sit them down in front of a PC and force them to read websites such as this is a good place to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:49 am 

Show them this site, maybe the scammer is here.

http://www.datingnmore.com/blacklist.php

I found the chick who was asking me to send her $500 there.
http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/fraud43.htm

She's calling herself Wendy Joe and her current email is sexywendy_wendy@yahoo.com

Claimed she was living in Canada working as a model, she needed the money for knee surgery. Then an hour or so later I tricked her up and she said she was in Nigeria (she had to fly home for a funeral) and to top it all off I had to send the money to her agent..

Quote:

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: "sexywendy wendy" <sexywendy_wendy@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: the information
To: xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.au

name..........moris henry williams
address.......# 58 allen avenue
city.............lagos
postcode......23401
country.........nigeria
phone#.........2348056251523

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:00 am 

If all else fails send them to http://www.fraudaid.com ask them to contact Annie McGuire she is the founder and she will set the parents straight, once that part is done she can work on getting the boy to realize that he is being scammed. Sometimes it is a very delicate matter in getting someone in the midst of one of these scams to wake up and smell the coffee but it can be done and Annie is very experienced in how to do this.

Bottom line is Under NO circumstances are these people to help their son feed this criminal. Send NO money it is their right to just say NO to their son. He is a big boy he can handle his own love affairs mom and dad should not have to deal with this at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:42 am 

PM sent to you.
I can help if you'd like.

Post subject: Handle with extreme caution
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:02 pm 

It is VERY important when trying to get a victim to come to their senses to let professionals handle them. Consequences can be VERY devestating if not handled right as the victim could be in a very delicate frame of mind.

Example: Victim could freak out and realize they have been taken for a ride and commit suicide. ( this has happened)

Example: Victim could be in extreme denial and go out to get the money themselves to get the lover over here and do something illegal in the process out of desparation.

Please handle victims like this with Kit gloves. I cannot stress this enough.