ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help, question about counterfeit money orders
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:13 pm 

Hi, I am 19 years old and about six months ago I made a friend online through a penpal site, who supposedly was from England, and we became close just like all of the other fraud stories that have been mentioned on this site. But my story differs a little I actually took the counterfeit money orders to my bank and they looked at them and they told me that they were counterfeit, and they told me to give the money orders to them in which I refused. Later that day I took them to my local post office and turned them in with everything that came via FedEx. I am wondering what happens now? I am just curious what happens to the counterfeit money orders or me, and who looks at them. Also by the way I have saved and printed most of my emails that this fake friend has emailed me, and I am just wondering what should I do with them?

Thanks for your help

Larry

Last edited by scareylarryj on Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:22 pm 
Were the Money Orders from the Post Office?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:01 pm 

Yes they were money orders from the post office

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:35 am 
scareylarryj wrote:
Yes they were money orders from the post office

They will be destroyed, the PO may look into them briefly, once they establish they came from overseas the investigation will be over. Not much they can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:26 pm 

But they actually came from some guy in America will that change the subject? And I herd they will send me a letter or something of that such ? Is this true?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:42 am 
scareylarryj wrote:
But they actually came from some guy in America will that change the subject? And I herd they will send me a letter or something of that such ? Is this true?

Thanks

Most llikey shipped from Nigeria to a transhipper (who usually knows nothing) then shipped to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:09 pm 

There are gang members here in the good OLE USA OMG how shocking LOL
well anyways these people put whatever as a return address and name on the envelopes and all of the shipping companies just let them through they never verify that the sender info is accurate or legitimate.

For example: the checks that were sent to me were sent from Roswell GA with a fake company name in Atlanta and an address that was one digit too long for the street that they named. Shoot for that matter the only thing accurate was the street name matching the city.