ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: add me to the list...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:05 am 

I posted an ad on teddybears.com about my miniature bears, and the next thing I knew I was getting spam at the email account I listed. I guess this should have been my first clue.

so anyway, this guy named Bruce contacted me, wanting info about the bears. I sent it. He came back with an offer. I double-checked the details with him until I had it straight -- he did indeed want $3500 (American)' worth of my little bears. Of course it was like christmas around here. Until last night, when something possesed me to do some checking. I was arrogant -- it couldn't be a scam because he offered a money order -- no bank accounts, or whatever.

Yeah, right.

I don't know; something just started feeling really WRONG, you know? So then, it's day before yesterday and it's a "done deal" so to speak, and then he drops off the planet even tho' I asked about a few more particulars. and that's when all my sensors started bleeping. And last night I started researching the subject...found that official postal orders CAN be forged...found this site...found out how some of these scams work that aren't so and so has died, please fake what it takes to help save his lovely money from the big bad government. Then I emailed this woman who sent me her info by mistake somehow while dealing with the same guy at 3 AM this morning, giving her a heads up, just in case. I felt like I had too.

So awhile ago I check and there is this email from the guy, subject "Business with trust". Of course the part of me still hoping this was the one that wasn't a scam is thinking, oh great...she emailed him, he's offended, we're done and it was real. But this is what he sent today:

Dear Marie,
Thanks for holding for the payment. Your assistance is urgently needed regarding your payment. I have your payment presently with me, but i am presently in Africa for an urgent call from the new development on our business and all the released consignments that as been seized for some weeks back. As the overall M.D i have to be there at Cotonue Port in Africa with the Chairman of the company.

So since i have your payment with me right here, i need your help to do some dispatch of letters to some of our clients all over the USA, the letters are worth 30 peices, i will like you to go to the nearest post office and confirm the cost of posting each letters and the total cost of posting 30 peices. But note that you have to help send out the letters the same day you receive the parcel of the package, Note that i will include the cost of all this and also compensate you for helping me. I have arranged the letters and I have planed to send the package by saturday 13th Aug, 2005 and i will get back to you with UPS tracking number so that you can be able to track the delivery of the package as well.

Hope my message is well understood? Kindly get back if you will help me in doing as i have said above.
Hope to read from you soon.
BRUCE COLLINS.

I've been reading the postings, and I haven't seen anything concerning this development. Any one out there know about these pieces and these letters? Other than, yes, I do understand now that this is a scam. I get it.
I'm just not sure what to do now. I haven't emailed him back as yet since this new development. Should I string him along or something, or should I just block him and try to go on, sadder but wiser? Help??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:14 am 

I may be off base here with this but what are the letters he is sending to you? Why would he need you to post them instead of sending them himself? Why send them UPS and spend this extra money? I am very distrustful of anyone at this point. It might be that there are fraudulent money orders, checks, etc in these envelopes and in having you send them rather then sending himself it would be that you are passing these fraudulent checks. I would block this person and not deal anymore with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:53 pm 

He wants you to do his dirty work, he will even offer you money (fake money ) not sure what the letters are to be exact, could be scam letters, could be anything. Main thing, do NOT do anything for this worthless sack of garbage, tell him everything is now in the secret services hands and he will bug off if you ignore him. The package could be "dirty goods" stolen or ripped off by someone else in which he wants you to send. Basically he wants his hands clean and if you get caught you are the one in trouble. You might contact the Secret Service, they might not answer you here, but this is serious mail fraud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:38 pm 
He is using you as a "trans-shipper" the checks appear more legit by the fact they are mailed from the United States. If you receive the package contact the Secret Service, they would love to take the "30 pieces" off of your hands. PM when you receive the package, I might be able to get you the name of a Secret Service Agent who will take you seriously.

Post subject: thanx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:52 pm 

just wanted to say thanks for the input so far. Is it okay to track the packager via UPS as he suggested, or does that look like I'm in on it? I'm with pasttired on the not trusting anyone. That's usually me big time, so I'm not sure why I didn't see this one coming. I guess I just needed it to be true too badly, and I never expected to be attacked through my teddy bears! of all things. jeez. Armac, I may take you up on that secret service agent when this "package" arrives. At least my bear mail is via a PO Box, and not my home address, but I did give him my number. Bless caller ID. Even though since last night sometime I was expecting something like this, it was sort of a shock actually seeing it happen in my mailbox THIS morning, only a few hours later. Those people who say you feel violated when it happens are right on target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:34 pm 

I say don't track it simply let it arrive when it arrives. At that point be very careful with the contents. At least you know he is spending a lot of money to get it to you and you aren't going to do anything with it, that's stringing him along a bit. Just be careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:14 pm 

I just found out today i was scammed too. What a freaking idiot. :oops: The bank wants me to reimburs them , I dont make that in a year. I went to the post office and they blew me off. So i called the inspector. they were happy to hear from me tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:57 am 

Well im um for lack of a better word ...Screwed. I have spoken to every person i can. Secret service, postal inspector, local PD, post office , and the bank . I have 3 weeks to repay the money or I am going to jail for a felony. They have frozen all my bank accounts. I dont make enough money in a year to pay it back so they are keeping my direct deposit checks for the next 4 weeks till they get all their money back out of me. I am so stupid. I am getting my vehicles repossed and by the time 4 weeks is up i will have had my lights cut off and run out of propane for heat. I couldnt afford to barely pay my bills before this so I know for sure now I am not going to be able to pay them now. I have no other options I have checked all of htem out. That is what happens when you are a nice person. Only God himself knows what is going to happen. The bank was oblivious to the postal money orders. They didnt even check them , now it is my fault . They say I am a victim but it looks as if I am the fall guy for the banks screw up.