ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: searching for true stories
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:08 am 
Hi, i have found this website by searching google to try to find some true stories....the true stories i am searching for are stories related to spyware, trojan and keyloggers and how they where used to defraud people of their money by using their personal information.

Would anybody know a site where these stories can be found, true experiences of people that where victimised by this kind of software?
I have been searching it for a while now on google but with no good results.

Any suggestions would be nice :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:24 pm 

Are you a member of the media? if so you could try to contact Bob Sullivan over at MSNBC he is always writing about Identity Theft.

You have to get creative searching and i know how to do that but first I need credentials if you intend to write about this , you have to understand that we need to know that those requesting information are doing so for legitimate and verifyable reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:34 pm 

Credentials i don't have because i am not a member of the media, i am trying to get some information for putting on my website that i am working on.
The website contains various sections of information about virusses, trojans and spyware with explanations what they are and what they do, it would be a nice addition in my oppinion to add some articles about why someone would need to put in some effort for protecting their computers and what could happen if the precautions neccesary would not be applied.

Basicly putting some horror stories on some pages for interesting pieces of reading material, so there is nothing illegal about this. I am not asking for detailed descriptions and technical explanations on how to implement such malware, offcourse this forum would not be the place to ask.
If i would like to know and gain more knowledge about how to use trojans or other kind of malware to raise havoc or gain financial welth there are other forums on the internet that i could use for expanding my horizon on this kind of material.

Quote:
you have to understand that we need to know that those requesting information are doing so for legitimate and verifyable reasons.

Can you verify this, no you can't because i am in the middle of designing the website in question, and i am asking this kind of information on this forum because a lot of people where victims of all types of scams or know a lot about scam victims because they have been reading up on this, therefor there must be people out here that know of some sites with information on them regarding experiences of people related to malware and how this effected there personal life.

I'm sorry if you detect a tone of irritation but i asked a simple question and i am being questioned for my intentions if they are good or bad, offcourse i have good intentions because i don't expect to gain information here that i could directly use to do wrong to people.
If you would think otherwise, you have some serious issues of paranoia and have been a victim of scams to many times and question everything to the edge of the insane.
It's not bad to question things, but it could get out of hand and then it's just getting to the point it's redicalous.

My appologies if my tone of writing upsets you... but i'm just a little irritated about being questioned on my intentions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:33 pm 

First of all you have to understand that we deal with a mix of people here. Victims, Media, Law Enforcement, and then there are the scammers who come in covert and act in various roles to see what we know. We do not want to feed the ones scamming others information that they can use against others in the future, that is why we make sure that we know who we are dealing with.

Seeing you told us that you are putting a site together and are seeking information for accuracy in advising that is very Admirable and we thank you for taking an active role in helping to protect the public.

http://www.fraudaid.com has an excellent section about trojans, viruses and hacks that can cause all sorts of problems within a system as well as how to properly protect a system. Connect with Annie McGuire over there and she will help you greatly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:14 am 

Once again i was not asking for specific instructions on how to implement malware for scamming people in some sort of way, what i asked for was very clear and i do understand your point of view. But my first post was very clear on my intentions.
I asked in my first post for some true stories "anekdotes" so to speak, so this can hardly be used for illegal purposes.

I do want to Thank you for the url you have given here and not interrogating me some more about this obvious normal question.

Not everybody is a infiltrator :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:28 pm 

Quote:
Not everybody is a infiltrator

True, but this board is full of skeptics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:50 pm 

Recently I had a situation where an infiltrator tried to email me acting as a victim. I have to be very careful who I respond to and how. I am sorry if you took offense it was not meant that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:11 pm 

:wink: No Problem

Post subject: Send them to jail!!!!!! Identity Theft threat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:25 am 

Hey my name is J

I have been cheated out of my money badly, I have tried to purchase a degree basted on my life experience from Almeda University, they told me that I shall be receiving a degree from them but I didn't get a thing,when I tried to asked for my money back or I will report this to my credit company, they threaten me by saying that they will put my name and details all over the web saying that I bought my degree online and will
also send a lot of emails with my SSN.
I am not the only one I know people get the same threat daily.
What can I do against this degree mill? I been cheated for the sum of $595,
They have so much leverage right now
Does some one have a idea? ?
The F site is http://www.almedauniversity.org
Please send me any idea, I really need my money back

Post subject: Re: Send them to jail!!!!!! Identity Theft threat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:16 pm 
james wrote:
Hey my name is J

I have been cheated out of my money badly, I have tried to purchase a degree basted on my life experience from Almeda University, they told me that I shall be receiving a degree from them but I didn't get a thing,when I tried to asked for my money back or I will report this to my credit company, they threaten me by saying that they will put my name and details all over the web saying that I bought my degree online and will
also send a lot of emails with my SSN.
I am not the only one I know people get the same threat daily.
What can I do against this degree mill? I been cheated for the sum of $595,
They have so much leverage right now
Does some one have a idea? ?
The F site is http://www.almedauniversity.org

Please send me any idea, I really need my money back

Do not attempt to BUY a degree :idea: