ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SCAM SCAM SCAM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm 

Pre Paid Legal's Identity Theft Shield is a SCAM! do not fall for it people, their terms and conditions are so full of legal loopholes where they can get out of paying you a dime if they wanted to, I know because I had their contract evaluated by a fraud examiner who knows contracts well.

Listen up ladies and gentlemen- Since when do we need to pay for protection of our identity when huge companies are getting away with selling and losing our data left and right without penalty, and to boot by federal standards or lack thereof they have a choice to notify us or not notify us if our information is stolen or compromised.

DO NOT fall for this SCAM! Instead inendate the senators and congressmen with demands for changes in the laws to force businesses to carry identity theft insurance at their expense to protect the customers who deal with them faithfully and trustingly.

Post subject: Good investment
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:36 pm 

If anyone is interested in a legit investment involving automatic trading software. Send me a shout. You need between 5K and 10k to get started, so if you have less then that, you'll be wastin your time.

I've gotten caught up in a few scams, really freakin frustrating. This program doesn't have a gurantee, but these guys are regsitered with the NFA. That basically means their the real deal etc. They have packages that range between 15% net returns to 59% net returns depending on your invesment, timeframe etc.

Let me know if you want a website link or any more info!!

Watch out for those scammers!

Wiley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:59 pm 

excuse me christian I am offering a book that enlightens people as to the nature of the crime and how to protect themselves, I have a right to author a book if I choose. My book unlike prepaid legal does not come with loopholes in a contract. If you would like I can put you in touch with someone who can enlighten you on the ins and outs that pre paid legal has in their contract.

You know nothing of me or what I do for a living, nor do you appear to want to learn. I am not getting into a debate with you.

You are making money off of people with a service that should be offered FREE. Yes I offer free informaiton too within the blogsites that I have running, and if a victim cannot afford my book I give it to them free. To date I have given over 50 complimentary copies to people who need the information but cannot afford it.
Before you go attacking me get the facts first.

BTW Prepaid legal messed up a case that I had royally the manner in which the assigned attorney handled things made the other side laugh so hard, the attorney paid no attention to the facts of the case, the information or so called facts they stated in the complaint were totally oposite of what I had told them, after that I never dealt with them again.
When I cancelled my membership with them I received a VERY nasty email cussing me out by some representative of the company because I demanded the membership be cancelled. Not a very good display of professionalism. BTW according to the Credit Repair Organizations Act no company offering credit repair can legally charge upfront FEES for their services, might want to check out Prepaid legal's upfront fees for credit repair which mind you cannot be guaranteed, you cannot guarantee that the bureaus will take items off of credit reports you can only ask them to remove those items and prove they were yours to begin with.

30 years in business does not make you perfect!

Why am I not in the NYSE? I am not incorporated and thus do not have stock and choose not to trade stock. That is MY choice and I have a right to that choice.

I never said all of prepaid legal was bad, but I have had a bad experience, there are many others too who have, and I take offense while trying to fight Identity Theft Crimes to a company selling so called protection with a contract so full of loopholes. Prepaid legal is not the only company that I object to doing this, I have written to several credit card companies and banks as well stressing my opinions.

The bottom line that we ALL should fight for is to make those who hold our personal and private information in their servers and offices accountable for any compromise to that information which resulted from careless storage practices. You have NO idea the extent of how our information is compromised and by whom, as I continue to research the cold hard facts get even colder and scarier than ever. This is a time for people to band together and say ENOUGH we will NOT allow corporate America to put us at risk daily of losing all we have worked so hard to gain, with little to no hope of ever having proper protection through the legal system to fight it.

Im done arguing with people about these programs, I will not engage in further convesation about it, I am entititled to my opinion and that is just that.

BTW in my off time I help victims of fraud and get paid NOTHING to do so, it does not bother me one bit to volunteer my time because its the cause that outweighs the need for payment. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes then sobeit, I know in my heart that the principal of helping others is more important to me than anything else.

Last edited by KarynSolo on Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:01 pm 

Xwileyx are you talking about that one that is advertised on TV all the time that puts your investing on almost an autopilot mode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:34 pm 
KarynSolo, I am honestly very glad that you do indeed offer a book to people that gets them true knowledge of the importance of this crime and how to protect themselves, I salute you. It is not my intention in the least to demean or attack you or the services you offer. But having someone state that the legitimate company that I work with "Pre-Paid Legal Services" is a "SCAM" is a highly aggressive way to come at this issue.

Its true, I know nothing of you, and you nothing of me. I do not intend on gaining information about you in any way shape or form. But as to your accusations of my business being fraudulent, I must of coarse do research into what you do and the credibillity in which the accusations are coming from.

I would really like to offer this service for free. I really would. But if I did, there would be no company... Name one company that is still a company who offers this kind of service and protection for "free". How would they be able to fund the people who work for them? I understand that you are out there promoting your book to help people understand what they must do to protect themselves and again I applaud you. But the fact still remains, that there is not ONE single company that will do this for free, not ONE.

Again I do not mean to attack you, but when you bring up allogations that my company's service has a so called "contract" that is binding and that (this is your quote) - "their terms and conditions are so full of legal loopholes where they can get out of paying you a dime if they wanted to, I know because I had their contract evaluated by a fraud examiner who knows contracts well." - For starters, what are we paying the customer for? They pay us $12 per month so we can provide them with a coverage that no other company can offer. How can you suggest that you have taken our so called "contract" to a so called and anonymous "fraud examiner" when it just is not true. If you respond to this, please let me know the approximate date when you had taken the "Identity Theft Shield Contract" to the fraud examiner for review and to which fraud examiner you went to?

Yes, I wish there was a company out there that would provide a complete Identity Restoration to someone who has had their identity stolen for free. But it is just NOT possible. In order for this company to revert your identity back to the way it was before it was stolen entails having to spend a lengthy amount of time in court, and so much legal non-sense that it would make he average consumer spin in circles. The company that handles the restoration and credit monitoring is "Kroll International" They are one of the leading Risk Consultant companies in the world - http://www.krollworldwide.com/

And as for your last statement, what was the case filed under, when was the case submitted, and what state and Law Office was that under? Because we currently have major law offices in every state in the US, if that Law Firm had not handled the situation accordingly, a case would have been filed and I can retrieve the outcomings of that said case from my Executives.

Your right, 30 years in business does not make us perfect... but it does make us experienced... and of course we cannot be perfect, no-one is, but we strive to keep our organization as positive and balanced as we possibly can.

So again, I apologize if this seems to be attacking you in any manner. That is not my intention in at all. However when accusations of that magnitude are brought to my attention, I must clarify and shed light on subjects in which you attempt to foul and defame. So please, let us go our separate ways?

Respectfully,
Christian - Pre-Paid Legal Associate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:57 pm 

First of all it never made it to court, we after the total embarassment dropped them like a hot potato. The law firm was out of Jacksonville Florida in 1999, we had the attorney file a letter with Coverall of North Florida because they charged us 17k for a franchise that was supposed to be transferrable anywhere in the United States, it turned out that the representative not only lied to us but many others too, and the facts were that the office in which we dealt with was a private owned territory and I had to keep my business within that territory only, this was brought to my attention after I moved to Georgia.
I owned the franchise yet the attorney for prepaid legal contacted them on my husband's behalf stating he was the owner of the franchise, that was laughing stock #1, we still paid for that letter to be drawn up and sent by that attorney, after that and several attempts to get the attorney engaged in making things right we gave up on prepaid legal, only to get cussed out by a representative via email when we asked for cancellation of services. To date I am still out 17K and now have no franchise either as enough time has passed without the business being run that they took the franchise back, keeping my money.

Can you possibly see where I am a bit angry with prepaid legal's handling of this situation?

I never said all that prepaid legal does is a scam, if it sounded like it ,I am sorry. I do not agree with charging people for protection against ID Theft and having them sign a contract full of loopholes. If you are truly wanting to help victims of this crime, research it, learn how it is taking people to financial graves daily and in increasing numbers and once you have done that , begin helping the victims with a compasisonate hand.

Prepaid legal being as big as it is and comprised of as many attorneys as it is, would do better to start a massive campaign on behalf of citizens in the US to make the lawmakers look at this problem and tighten up on laws. They would do better by banding victims together who have suffered due to data breeches and theft and going after the companies who are responsible for the loose security that led to personal information being compromised.

THAT would be worthy of respect and backing from people like me.

I am not here to fight with you or as you say DEFAME you, but please pay attention to the services in which you promote, know the facts of the contracts in which you have people sign, it is the responsible thing to do, it is YOUR due dilligence.

There is no scientific secret to dealing with credit bureaus, there are laws in place that they know will back a victim it is a matter of pushing them hard enough to get items removed.

Victims must realize that a police report is tool #1 in dealing with credit bureaus. They cannot by law refuse to remove an item that is proven part of Identity Theft and the FTC will back a victim in a complaint if refusal is made by the bureau to remove the item involved. They also know that they can be sued and it will cost them a huge chunk of change when they lose and they will lose in court. Faced with threat of suit they will avoid it like the plague and eventually suddenly become attentive, they do not want to lose millions, as past history has proven to them it is not only possible but probable.

The only trick to the bureaus is Persistance and demanding proof of a debt being yours. That means demanding signature proof on the account in question which they must comply with attempting to obtain.

I have personally done work on my own reports, and found the bureaus to be very helpful. Much to my surprise items I thought for sure they would fight me tooth and nail on have been removed without any argument at all. They are not heartless like many make them out to be, its how you approach them and how you term your disputes that helps.

For more information please see reference to the fair credit reporting act
http://www.americanloansearch.com/info-creditrepair-fair.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:20 am 
I can indeed see why you would be so angry. I would be just as livid if I was in your situation. I wholeheartedly agree that what that law firm has done with your case is terrible and I will definitely be following up with that in the morning to make sure that firm in Jacksonville back in 1999 is no longer a part of Pre-Paid Legal. Alot has changed since 1999 though. And your situation has nothing to do with our Identity Theft Shield. That is a completely separate service.

I'm glad we have come to a bit of an understanding with this matter, I see where you are coming from and hopefully you can see where I am coming from.

And not to sound argumentative, but you did say Pre-Paid legal is a scam in your first reply... twice. But that doesn't matter I sincerely appreciate your apology. And I feel it necessary to apologize to you for any arguing or fighting that has gone on, I do not like confrontations... so I am sorry.

I have done and continue to do extensive research on the plans that we provide to the public in hopes that we can find ways to better improve our services. Again, alot has changed since 1999, our plans do not consist of being stuck in a contract with many many loopholes. Our cancellation policy is very straight forward. If you feel that the service is no longer right for you, it will be cancelled that day with no questions asked...

I really must stress on the power of the Identity shield service though. Even though you do not agree with having to pay for it. But having a company that will completely restore your credit back to how it was before it was stolen is absolutely unheard of.

I really appreciate getting a chance to hear your perspective on the situations that have gone on in your life with regards to Pre-Paid Legal. Its great to see where things have gone wrong in the past really, that just gives us more space to improve on. Please, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me anytime.

Sincerely,
Christian - Pre-Paid Legal Associate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:04 am 

The addage that there is strength in numbers holds very true here, each using his or her own talent to fight these crimes, working together to find solutions and get proper protections put into motion.

Prepaid Legal has so much more strength than the average group of citizens ever could hope to have. How about we stop the bickering, set aside personal opinions and work together to accomplish great things.

Deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:47 pm 

Deal :) - Thanks KarynSolo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:14 pm 

No problem and BTW early on after final edit my book had distributorship rights for a certain amount of copies to be given away by a PPL representative to give away to his new customers. I didnt have to do that but getting the word out was more important to me.