ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:44 am 

Ok first of all BOA most likely reported this to Chexsystems by now that will really mess you over on getting another account, if they havent and you can still get another account , they would have to take you to court to get garnishment on your checks to do anything about it. This can happen in the form of a judgment with a garnishment order attached.

BOA does not care , they do not care about who they hurt or that they are negligent, they do not wish to understand that people who get scammed just lost everything money wise and cannot just repay them. PM me and I will give you the number to someone who is hot on the trail of banks like this, esp BOA. I dont know how much he can help with the bank itself but he certainly can give you great pointers on how to handle the situation.

There is NO proper teller training in these banks for spotting counterfeit checks, checks that have been washed and reissued, or checks that are flat out fakes or stolen. Until law makers get it into their heads to put the squach to banks doing this , they will only continue and get nastier as time goes by.

AS for the bank, keep them calm , try to work with them on a solution that is the best that you can do other than getting a loan elsewhere that will allow more time to pay back to cover the bank debt. BOA can get VERY nasty with customers over these checks I have seen people get arrested refusing to pay them back thinking that the bank should eat a portion of the debt.

Though I agree banks should have to eat a portion that simply is not happening and trying to force the issue could get you in big trouble.

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:04 pm 

Thank you KarynSolo for the information you have send me via e-mail
I will definetly call that individual and try to make arrangments.I have been searching and reading what people have been through and it is really very sad.The people (who scams us) have no heart,respect,mercy,whatsoever.Their human side all erased.I am having difficult time to belive to call these people as humans.
Anyways by reading about these terrible incidents in this website,I started to realise that we are all victims and no body cares about the situation.On daily basis tens,hundreds of people are getting scammed and seems like nobody do anything to stop it.Even the banks,Western Union which they are used as a tool in that scams,do not have any security system.They just wait until somebody fall down and after that they are the first ones kicking you on the face.Accepting no responsibility what so ever.I started to get over the depression.I am trying to be logical and creative to solve the problem that I have.Except this website and yourself I have no body to show me the right way.So I will take care about my own business and make the arrangments with the BOA through the person you offered me.I just don't want to have any more complication in my life.I will just pay the damn money of BOA and will never ever work with them again.
I read another friend has scammed after me.I felt so bad about him.Best wishes to him and very good luck.The amount is pretty large..God Bless us All...
Again,I will be checking this website everyday to see if there can be anything done to make the things better for all of us.

Post subject: What should I do?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:59 am 
Hi everyone, I am so thankful that a site has been provided such as this... Right now, just recently, I think I have also been scammed, but I am not sure as to how far this will go... Friday I had just recently deposited to what I think are Bogus US Postal International Money Orders to which were 7 of them... The total was for $950.00 Each... I have just now come across all of this information because something was real fishy about this... In short, I had received these money orders through someone I had met through Yahoo Personals who romanced me with a sad sob story... Right now the money is available, but now I do not even want to touch it as I am now sure that the money is bogus... What can I do about this...? Should I call Authorities or should I approach the police on such matters? Will I be arrested for such things even though I have done anything with the money? I am worried and if there is any information that can be given to help it would be very much appreciated... I can't beleive I have been taken for this ride!!! I feel for all of you that this has happened too... Again none of this money has been untouched, and nothing has been drawn from it... Any information would so greatly appreciated...

Post subject: Re: What should I do?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:29 am 
Takenforaride wrote:
Hi everyone, I am so thankful that a site has been provided such as this... Right now, just recently, I think I have also been scammed, but I am not sure as to how far this will go... Friday I had just recently deposited to what I think are Bogus US Postal International Money Orders to which were 7 of them... The total was for $950.00 Each... I have just now come across all of this information because something was real fishy about this... In short, I had received these money orders through someone I had met through Yahoo Personals who romanced me with a sad sob story... Right now the money is available, but now I do not even want to touch it as I am now sure that the money is bogus... What can I do about this...? Should I call Authorities or should I approach the police on such matters? Will I be arrested for such things even though I have done nothing with the money? I am worried and if there is any information that can be given to help it would be very much appreciated... I can't beleive I have been taken for this ride!!! I feel for all of you that this has happened too... Again none of this money has been touched, and nothing has been drawn from it... Any information would so greatly appreciated...

Post subject: A little revenge on these crooks....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:59 pm 
I have been renting some rooms out in Atlanta and have been getting tons of these scam emails. I knew it was a scam, and have been having them Fedex money orders to a McDonalds here. I have about 30 of these crooks Fedexing their goods to a useless address...I know its not much but if this happens enough time their cost of doing business will be too high for it to be worth it.

Post subject: Thank you all
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:32 pm 
I have been talking to this girl on yahoo. Some model. She wanted me to cash her check so she could get money.. Shes in Nigeria. I thought it was funny.. and That she showed great looking pics of herself. I was like wow.. then she ask me to cash her check.. I was ok DUHHHH.. I am glad that i thought it was a little weird and went to google seach. I would like to report her and see what can do to catch the idiots. Bad this i was tired and did the dummest thing gave her my address and name.. I don't think she can do anything with this info. But how can i watch out for her.. What can i do? Email me back PLEASE at harleymartian@yahoo.com as to what i can do..

thank you
tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:09 pm 

Tim, first of all you have been talking to a man claiming to be a woman, very few women are involved in this scam and if a woman calls you it is probably a sister or girlfriend of the scammer. If you want you could string them along like these guys do, but you haven't lost any money and caught onto this early, the authorities aren't interested....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:49 pm 

Lately I have been using a shall we say different email account and answering these guys to instill total paranoia into them. we shall see if they actually come back with anything useful to say or if they are too busy cowaring.

Post subject: Just avoided being scammed twice at the same time
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:34 pm 
I just had two "chicks" contact me. One from a Match.com profile, and the other on a lesser know "dating" site.

I was just playing with it to see where it went, but didn't know it was a scam to this degree.

The two ID's they used are:

lovely_hariettgurl@yahoo.com

lizzy4love@yahoo.com

Why doesn't someone send a bunch of spam to these addresses? hehe
At least it would annoy them!

Anyhow the big reason that I was able to avoid it was the lizzy4love said she was sending me a money order... luckily I gave her a P.O. Box... and needed it cashed so she could get back to the U.S.
She claims to be a geologist finishing up a project in Africa, and needed to cash it to pay for her room etc.
Now, if that was all, and a bank actually cashed the thing, I probably would have been scammed too.
Then she asked if I could loan her some cash to pay for her room "it's just a small amount". Yeah.... I told her "I didn't just fall off the turnip truck honey. You could be a guy in Africa for all I know".
Boy, I didn't know how right I was!

She backed off and said "Okay, let me know when you get the money order cashed".

Later that same day.... the other chick, lovely_harrietgurl is rapping with me.... "ur really cute, blah blah blah". Now, she was supposedly a chick in Austin, TX. Then... "gotta get the phone"..... "just got terrible news from back home"...."mom called and said dad died in a plane crash".
Oh, that's terrible....
FLASH: lizzy4love is messaging me as I'm writing this... HAHAHA!!

anyway, so the voice in my head starts saying "what a coincidence... I'm chatting with this chick and she gets this news".... oh well, just a coincidence, right?
Then she says that she'll be gone for awhile, has to go back home.... understandable.... out of the country.... the little voice is saying "Wait a minute!!"
"Oh really, so where are you from again?"
--"Oh, didn't I tell you?"
"No.."
--"Nigeria"
BAM!!
That's when I knew these both were scams. I hadn't heard of this scam, as I'm brand new to YM, but I got lucky that I had two and two to put together.

ANyway, thought you all would enjoy this story.
Beware and spread these names around.

lovely_harrietgurl

lizzy4love

Best to you all...

I'm gonna go talk dirty to this idiot... lead them on... mwahahaha!!

Post subject: Turning the tables
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:58 pm 
Well, throughout the day I received messages from this lizzy4love on YM. I wish I could post what was said, but I didn't save it, and the content was not for the feint of heart....
But they still think I'm playing along with it... must think I'm a total perv though... alright I'm not THAT bad.. lol

Anyway, the interesting parts started when I told "her" that I needed to verify the address I'd given her.... "Gee, I just moved into the apartment, and need to make sure I gave you the right box number"
Made them go look up the info I had given, told her I'd have to check it when I get home...
Then she asked if the name (new to YM, so hadn't cleared the name from details at first) was correct.... I told her that it was just a name I use online.... "But you can cash the money order under that name?".... oh yeah sure, you just have to know the right people, etc.
That lead me into a whole thing on how I could get some Hell's Angels friends of mine to cash it for me... for a percentage of course... but that's okay, right? HAHA!
Then I started asking about the trustworthiness of the company... gee, I'd hate for something be wrong with the money order.... I mean, these Angels guys would kill somebody over that.... even in other countries.... well, as long as you know you can trust them, then it should be fine....

"She" asked me if I could pick her up at the airport... sure I can do that.... shall I just bring the cash with me when I pick you up (acting stupid)... "No, I need you to send it to me".... oh, ok.. well, I should get a Traveler's Cheque then... can't go sending cash in the mail.... "no, I need you to send it Western Union".... oh, ok... yeah, forgot about that.

Well, I'll quit boring you all with this. Just figured you might like to hear that someone is screwing with those idiots.... not nearly as bad as they have with some of you unfortuantely. I just wish I could do more.

From what I've read, I guess refusing delivery is the best thing....?

Best to All

Post subject: Glad I came across this site!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:04 am 
Hey peopl...I think that I may have just avoided being scammed as well!!
I got Im`d by a person who claimed she was also a model...duh!!! from England though and that her father had died.
She said that she was stuck in england and had money orders with her totalling 2,600 and that she needed someone to cash them for her then send the money western union ha ha too bad for her or him now i guess but i did do one mistake was give her my name but a false address...the address was for a buddy of mine not my address so just wondering if she can do anything with that.....any help would be appreciated thanks.
Oh by the way her name was joyce kerry on yahoo.And claimed to be from Quebec Canada.
Hopefully this helps others that get im`d by her

Post subject: NEW YAHOO MESSENGER SCAMMER
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:05 pm 

Jennifer Rowland

yahoo id prettyjennychick

Orphan girl working with Orphans in Benne near the Nigerian Border

Home sick needs cheque cashed. Looking for a sucker.

Sends photo's of a model called tia.

:!: Beware :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:42 pm 

NarrowEscape- you do know that if you continue like this you just may fall madly inlove with this chick by accident on purpose and this of course will serve only to complicate matters more. Heck a fake real marriage proposal may even take place. Be careful man ! muahahahahaha

Post subject: scammed too..... maybe.....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:44 pm 
ok here's my story so far.... I went into a yahoo business chat room.... and was paged by the username jessy_stores2000, I don't know if anyone else has seen this name yet.... anyway.... upon first chatting with her she told me she was in Germany and that she had inherieted (sp?) some stores from her mother. She went on to tell me that she was having trouble collecting money from her accounts here in the U.S. I agreed to help. A couple weeks go by and she now tells me she's relocated to London. Ok no biggie..... She tells me a check will be arriving in the amount of $10,500.... and she wants me to send some to her and she'll come get the rest in person.... well the check comes and I take it to my credit union and thank the gods they put a hold on it for 5 business days..... during the hold time she asks me to send my own money cause she needs it really bad to get her stores stocked before she comes to the states. I kindly explain to her that I have a family living paycheck to paycheck and have no money to send. As you can guess the check bounced.... she apologized profusley saying she doesn't know what happened..... On Saturday I received 3 U.S. Postal Money orders for $950.00 each. (I see other posts on this site with the same amounts) I deposited them on Monday and of course since they are money orders my bank has the funds available immeadatly.... I send her a message telling her I have the funds available and she sends me instructions to go to western union and send the money orders to her "shipper" in Nigeria..... Well with the recent attacks in London and The whole Nigeria thing I became suspicious, I have contacted the FBI.. they gave me their site for reporting internet fraud, I filed a report there.... but don't know if anything will happen..... This morning I IM'd her while she was offline asking her real name and the name of her stores so I can check her out, i told her my concerns that this may not be legal, and it may be a fraud, of course when I checked tonight I get a denial that it is a fraud but no name or name of store.... I still have not touched her money and now my next step will be to go to my bank on my lunch break tomorrow and talking to them about acertaining wether the money orders I recieved are legitimate or not..... I will post what I find as I find out..... of course as those who have been here before me I hope that this is not a scam but after seeing this site I am sure it is.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:03 am 
I have read these posts now and I was surprised that there are many people who have been scamed like me.

I was looking for a roommate on craigslist and from the many people's replies, I chose this guy in England. His name is Mogan Cole, he's a lawyer and has a law firm. I googled his office and I actually found his website, so...I trusted him. He said he wants the room for his niece, Lucy Smith, and he's going to send me the money order. I received 4 of $900 money orders at first. As he instructed, I went to my bank, Bank of America, and cashed them and sent the money to his niece via Western Union so that she could buy the airplane ticket. But then he emailed me and said she couldn't get the economy seat so she needs to buy the first class ticket. He sent me another 4 of $900 money orders. I did the same thing, damn me...., but this time the receiver's name was different. It was Mogan's friend's name, Jack Paul,because Mogan is busy taking care of his father's ill, and at that time there was a bomb blasting in London, so he told me that he asked his friend to go buy the ticket for his niece. He's worried about his niece goin out. After I sent the money, he told me that his father has passed away so Lucy is not coming to the US. I've got the one month rent from the first $3600 so he told me to give him back the rent but I didn't because it was already the end of month.

About 1 week later the bank called me and told me the money orders were fake so I have to pay for that. I was completely panicked. The total amount was $7200. I was getting ready moving to other apartment so I needed money in my account, but now my account is overdrawn......

I see peole saying BofA is bad. Should I change the bank? Is Union Bank of California trustworthy?? Or Wells Fargo?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next