ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Am I A Victim
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:40 pm 

I need help. I'm not sure I am a victim of a romance scam or not. His name is Randy Steve, email is randysteve700@yahoo.com. He has asked me for money which I've sent almost $1000.00. He has asked for more. Initially I said no, don't ever ask for more again. I relented because I felt bad and told him I would try to send $700.00 more by June. He needs the money for a business venture. He says he is in the military, a major in the Air Force. He is stationed in Uganda. When I send money or gifts it's to Nigeria. He is very knowledgeable about the military, tells me stories about it. I have several pictures of him, all of them candid. None of the pictures look like he is a model or that he is posing for the picture. He says he will be on vacation February 2013 which is the first time we'll meet. He tried to come home, took a military leave but wasn't able to pay for the replacement fee? and flight fee? He said where he is stationed there is a fee for everything because it pays for the upkeep of the camp. We can't talk on the phone because he says only registered numbers can call. He seems so real, our relationship seems so real. He is a Godly man who goes to church on a weekly basis. All of what he tells me seems true. I question why he asks me for money and why we can't talk on the phone. I'm so confused. Please help anyone.

Post subject: Re: Am I A Victim
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:59 pm 

I am sorry to say, yes you are being scammed. The pictures are of a real military man, but is NOT the person you are in contact with. Scammers steal pictures off of the internet from places like facebook. It would be helpful if you could post any pictures, emails, ims, IP address, email address you have. This will help others who may be in contact with this scammer and who may do a google search.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:05 pm 

I was only 21 words into your post and I knew at that point it's definately a scammer... stop all communications with this person and DO NOT SEND ANY MORE MONEY to them! If ever in doubt, come here to us first and let us check any communications you receive and we'll be able to tell you what we think... also let others know about this site to help keep them from becoming victims too. Knowledge is power against these lowlifes and is the best way to defeat them! If they have your phone number, change it... but you need to cease all communications immediately... you've already lost enough, don't let them get away with taking anymore. This person is definately a scammer... I'm sure the only truth they told you was where they are located and that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:56 pm 

imavictim wrote:
I need help. I'm not sure I am a victim of a romance scam or not. His name is Randy Steve, email is randysteve700@yahoo.com. He has asked me for money which I've sent almost $1000.00. He has asked for more. Initially I said no, don't ever ask for more again. I relented because I felt bad and told him I would try to send $700.00 more by June. He needs the money for a business venture. He says he is in the military, a major in the Air Force. He is stationed in Uganda. When I send money or gifts it's to Nigeria. He is very knowledgeable about the military, tells me stories about it. I have several pictures of him, all of them candid. None of the pictures look like he is a model or that he is posing for the picture. He says he will be on vacation February 2013 which is the first time we'll meet. He tried to come home, took a military leave but wasn't able to pay for the replacement fee? and flight fee? He said where he is stationed there is a fee for everything because it pays for the upkeep of the camp. We can't talk on the phone because he says only registered numbers can call. He seems so real, our relationship seems so real. He is a Godly man who goes to church on a weekly basis. All of what he tells me seems true. I question why he asks me for money and why we can't talk on the phone. I'm so confused. Please help anyone.

people in the Military generally have .mil as their email.

Also have people noticed they tend to use their names and numbers as email addresses, strange.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:23 pm 

Quote:
people in the Military generally have .mil as their email.

Thank you Alex for this information.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:00 am 

He is a scammer. These guys are often on facebook. Check and see if the person is on facebook then look at where they live. You would be surprised what you find. If you find you guy send me a private messages I may be able to help.