ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TNT International Express & Craigslist & Wolverhampton FRAUD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:26 am 

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you I would have been a victim of this scam as well a few months ago I fell victim to something like this and it was for $75 Thank God it was only that amount so when I looked on craigslist and a lady named Arianna Goodwin???? I guess she changes her last name often responded with a ipad it was too good to be true I felt more relaxed when she sent the email stating I can test the product before buying it but I felt funny when the website stated don't put anything about the company or transaction on the western union receipt here are all the emails and again thanks for saving me $400 plus WU fees

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from Craigslist My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.I am selling the ipad for $400 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $400 price is everything that came with the ipad.The ipad is here with me.I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it. Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're really interested in buying it. Thanks,Arianna Chief Logistic Officerwww.bluechipremovals.co.uk

Hi Arianna my name is Carmen

yes I am still interested I need to know what the shipping method would be and how much usd would it cost to be shipped if you could let me know the total with shipping i would appreciate it thanks

Hi,

Well, I found a way to sell you the ipad that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the ipad before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://wdepots-tnt.com/tnt.express.wolv ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee and I can use 2 day delivery if you are in a hurry.

Thanks.

Arianna Goodwin
Chief Logistic Officer
http://www.bluechipremovals.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:30 pm 

I just went fishing and caught me an Arianna! I was looking up iPhone listings and found a great deal and contacted the seller. Well in the couple of days that we've been in contact I learned that she wasn't even in the city I lived in. I said that I was apprehensive about making a transaction in this manner and that's when she told me about TNT. I did a simple search of TNT (I noticed how google's auto fill came up with "TNT Overseas Transaction Scam") and found this thread not very far down. My attention was perked when I found exact wording from my email, the town of Wolverhampton and of course Arianna with whatever last name she/he/it decides to use at the moment. Thanks to this web site I will not be doing business with them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:08 pm 

Wow... I was so close to be scammed by her too... Check...

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
I am selling the ipad for $400 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.
About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $400 price is everything that came with the ipad.
The ipad is here with me.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer

Me:

Hi... Im really interested on this IPAD but as you can see I Live in USA California... I believe your craiglist ad was around from where i live..
So can we do this arranges to meet? Also just curious y u r selling it if you just bought it ^^ hehe..

HER:

Hi,

The reason why I am selling the ipad is because I received it as a bonus from work and I don't like it.
I won't return home so soon. I'll have to send it to you from here.
I found a way to sell you the ipad that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the ipad before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://wlt-tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee and I can use 2 day delivery if you are in a hurry.

Thanks.

Arianna Leonard
Chief Logistic Officer

THEN I IM LIKE I NEVER HEARD OF TNT BEFORE.... SO I DECIDED TO GOOGLE IT AND I CAME ACROSS THIS FORUM THEN AFTER I STARTED TO READ ALL YOUR STORIES I WAS LIKE OH MAN IM SOOO GLAD I DIDNT FOLLOWED MY GUT ON PURCHASING THIS IPAD RIGHT AWAY BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES HEHEHE THANK YOU ALL... YOU SAVE ME A FEW HUNDREDS :) CHEERS... HOPE SHE GETS COUGHT AND PAID FOR WHATS SHES DOING... GRRRRR :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 am 

This is one of the better scams I've seen in a long time. I'm not going to say I was 100% ready to do it, but I was certainly heading in that direction, but the low price of the IPad was a huge red flag, not to mention the location of the infamous Arianna. Here's our conversation, very similar to others. Read from bottom up.

Hi,

I understand your concern but this is not the case. I'm just trying to sell my ipad.
Well, I found a way to sell you the ipad that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the ipad before I receive my payment.

http://wlt-tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... nsactions/

Thanks.

Arianna Leonard
Chief Logistic Officer

On 2/17/2011 3:05 PM, Terence Floyd wrote:
> Yes I am interested, but I am concerned about you being in the UK, how much for shipping to the US?
>
> Is there a reason your price is so low? What form of payment do you want and what protection do I have that you won't take my money and run?
>
> Sorry for the questions, but your distance concerns me a bit, but if legitimate, your price is right!
>
> Terry
>
> From: Arianna Leonard <leonardarianna@live.com>
> To: Terence Floyd <tfloyd69@yahoo.com>
> Sent: Wed, February 16, 2011 3:34:47 PM
> Subject: the 64GB WIFI + 3G iPad from Craigslist $400
>
> Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from Craigslist
>
> My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
> I am selling the ipad for $400 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
> The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.
> About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $400 price is everything that came with the ipad.
> The ipad is here with me.
> I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
>
> Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're really interested in buying it.
>
> Thanks,
> Arianna
>
> Chief Logistic Officer
> http://www.bluechipremovals.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 am 

Here's a link to scam warnings on Craigs list...even places to go make complaints.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm 

Hey guys, I've been hunting "Arianna's" sites for about a month now and managed to close 14. Among some of the sites I shut down are...

shiptnt.uk.com
wv-tnt.com
ukdepots-tnt.com
euship-tnt.com
wtdepot-tnt.com
wldepot-tnt.com
wlht-tnt.com
england-tnt.com
deliver-tnt.com
wtuk-tnt.com
shippingtnt.com is pending
wlt-tnt.com is pending (should be shut down in about 48hrs or less)

I've closed a couple others, but I lost track of the domains. I've been able to put real pressure on this scam group... their postings/ads aren't as frequent AND they're taking longer to reply to my ad inquiries.

Anyways I'm looking for a few good people to join me in scam baiting these blood sucking low lifes. I spend about 20 minutes a day trolling craigslist for their fake ads (imac, macbook pros, iphones, ipad, sony laptops, etc). Once I find one I contact them, bait them, wait for the website/emails and then shut the sites down. Shutting down their fake sites achieves many things: 1. wastes their time by having to create new ones. 2. wastes their money by having to pay for new domains and hosting 3. distracts them from scamming potential victims 4. allows potential victims time to find threads like these.

If anyone would like to join me in this venture, contact me at clscambaiter@gmail.com I'll explain how to bait, reply tactics, and how to shut down sites.

Together we can all end this scam group's activity... if we work together.

-CLScamBaiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I wanted to thank you for the work you do as a scam baiter. It is not something that I would want to do, but I am glad to see that their are others that know how to do it and keep themselves safe and shut down the scammers.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: TNT International Express & Craigslist & Wolverhampton F
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 am 

I was just scammed through this company. For the first time in my life I didn't do my research. As soon as I googled the company, I saw this website and just cried. Can't believe I got taken. The emails were identical. I just can't believe the website is still up and functioning after all these years of scamming people. I also can't believe I sent a western union for something for craigslist. dumb dumb dumb. Wishing I would have seen this sooner. Has anyone gotten any retribution?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 am 

This is unbelievable. i almost did the same thing. The thing that is interesting to me, is the last name....

Hi,

The Samsung Led TV is still available, but I'm currently in Torino, Italy. Because of the financial crisis, I lost my job in United States and I had to come back to my family.
I don't need the TV anymore so I tried to sell it locally, but with no luck. I was offered silly money for the TV because of issues like - it is a US version or the warranty doesn't work here. That's why I'm trying my luck in the US.
I hope you are still interested. The TV was bought brand new from Samsung 5 months ago. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
About the TV I can say it is 5 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $360 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
The TV is here with me in Italy.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Diane Halley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am 

Today, I received this email from "Lindsey Nicholson" --I emailed "her" back to see if she would provide any more information. was sure it was a scam-- and this site just confirmed it. I will get back with her requests once I hear back from this person.

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 27-inch iMac from Craigslist

My name is Lindsey and I am now in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The iMac is still available and I hope you are still interested.
I am selling the iMac for $600 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
It's 3.10 GHZ i5, has 16 GB of RAM, 2 GB of Video Memory, 2 TB of storage and another 256 GB SSD so it can boot faster.
The iMac was bought brand new from Apple a couple of months ago.
About the iMac I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $600 price is everything that came with the iMac and also the warranty papers.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it. So what do you think? Do you want my imac?

Thanks,
Lindsey[/i][/i]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:26 am 

Here is the immediate follow-up email.

The serial number is QP0400JWDB5.
It comes with 10 months of warranty + 1 year of apple care.
I was checking for a way to make the exchange from here to you in the US and I came across this option, which is a very good way to make this exchange.
It's provide by a company called Parcel Force and it will help us with this transaction.
They seem designed specifically for internet transactions, they handle both the payment and delivery part of this transaction. They seem pretty nice and trustworthy and they provide a service that we can use for our exchange.
The link below is from the Parcel Force website and it explains their procedure. Please check the link and the procedure and let me know if you agree to the terms.

http://www.canada-parcelforce.com/en_la ... index.html

With this procedure Parcel Force will deliver the imac to you, receive your payment and I will receive the payment for the imac only after you instruct them to do so.
I will pay the shipping.
Let me know if we can proceed.

Thanks.[/i]