ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scam from online www.ioffer.com
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:18 pm 
I made a wire transfer $1200 to this guy. After I sent him the wire transfer, he disappeared and never responsed. Is there anyone know how i can find him or get my money back? I have already have my wire transfer bank to trace his bank account. However, if this guy is smart enough and really try to take my money, I am sure he has already withdraw the money from his account. thus, i guess i have lost the money already.

Is there other ways that can help me to get some money back or just to find this guy?

His name is Erum Ali in Canada
he scamed people at the ioffer website
At first, he was very helpful in helping me in any ways, until i sent him the payment, he disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:53 pm 

Bank Wires create paper trails, tell your bank that you want the wire traced NOW.

Post subject: My guy has disappeared also
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:30 pm 
I bought something using PayPal. The seller Nanthana D'almedia in Bangkok, Thailand received the money June 27, 2005. Now he won't answer my emails nor have I received the belt. I've contacted the complaint dept. at my bank. PayPal won't help me nor will iOffer (the website I purchased the item off of)

Have you had any luck getting your money back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:13 pm 

Keep good records, copies of communications with each company and their refusals to do anything , take that to your credit card company and tell them you want something done now to reverse that money. If they still refuse get it in writing and send it all into the FTC with a complaint.

Post subject: IOFFER SCAM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:44 pm 

I MADE A ORDER 3 MONTHS AGO........ THE GUY WAS VERY HELPFUL. I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH HIM (ERICK DICKENS) FROM CHICAGO, HE REPLIED TO EVERY EMIAL PROMPTLY UNTIL I SENT OFF THE MONEY ORDER................AT THAT TIME HE SAID HE DID NOT DO PAYPAL! STILL NO WORD FROM HIM NOR HAVE I RECEIVED THE PACKAGE. I AM IN THE PROCESS NOW OF PUTTING A TRACE ON THE MONEY ORDER AND I GUESS I WILL GO FROM THERE.

Post subject: Scam victims foolish mistakes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:51 am 

I understand these posts are a couple of years old.

As a seller on ioffer, I happen to run across this thread and would like to add to it.

As I read these posts I can think of nothing but the victims are prehaps a bit asking for it?

WIRING MONEY? DON'T DO IT!!
Buying through Paypal does have some protection, if you submit a claim through paypal you can recoop your loses as a buyer. that's part of why paypal is successful.

Ioffer is tightly controlled from my opinion. I don't buy from sellers who are promising me the world for next to nothing.

IF IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!

Read feedback, if the seller doesn't have feedback, ask questions such as,

Do you sell on other auctions sites with feedback so I can read it?
How long have you been selling?
What is your policy?

Usually if the answers seem odd or "off" that is a red flag for you NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PERSON!

I understand that their are a lot of internet victims out there who truly do not deserve their circumstances. But from what I read from these posters it is almost as if these victims were trying to take advantange of someone else and ended up the scammed rather than the profitter!

If you want to come visit an honest seller, type in Tonya_SD ioffer into google. I offer my own picture and store policies clearly on my storefront.
My feedback is shown for everybody to read.

Post subject: Re: Scam from online www.ioffer.com
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:51 pm 

The bank actually might be responsible if they did not use all the steps to ensure that the person is who he says he is. You probably will have to have a police report and have a detective contact the bank. While I doubt that they will cooperate, its worth a try. If the bank missed steps they could be liable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:49 am 

I also agre with tonya, first off be very careful about buying from overseas, its very hard to get your money back once its transferred overseas, come to the sellers daily events and get to know the honest dealers there, yes buyers are welcome in there also. do not and i repeat do not do busienss with anyone who refuses to use paypal or another protected site, no matter what their reason is, you can go thru google checkout and other paying sites that have been verified. Do not buy something just because it seems like a good deal unless you know that seller personally or have read their feedback, most sellers may have one or two negative feedbacks from those buyers who you just cannot satisfy no matter how you try to solve any problems. myself, I wholesale and retail and I try to help find things for anyone who wants stuff. Your more then welcome to ask anyone whos bought from me also as to how good of service I give or if I keep my word. several honest sellers on ioffer have no problem giving references from other buyers and i always welcome anyone that buys from me to check me out or come to the events and get to know me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:13 pm 

Yes, please don't blame any site for a bad experience.

When buying, we have to be SUPER careful. Don't trust any bank wire transfers, money grams, Western Union.

Know your sellers, do your research, see their past history, transactions, ratings.

The only advice I have is to just be careful. If you're spending a lot of money on it already, why not just spend a little more and buy something in person from a store.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:20 pm 

Don't rely on Paypal too heavily. I recently purchased some XP Pro CDs with CoAs, on I Offer, with Paypal. The CDs turned out to be counterfeit and the CoAs useless. When I complained to Paypal, they told me that according to their contract terms, they would help with items not received, but not with quality complaints. I guess they think counterfeit XP CDs sold as genuine XP CDs is just a minor quality disagreement.
I contacted my credit card company that I use with Paypal. They took care of the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:49 pm 

You are very lucky, I filed a dispute in Paypal for a transaction in ioffer and as soon as I submited it, a message says "this transaction is not cover by paypal" on the top they announced me that they have to charge $5 euros?? to review the claim!!!!! I was double scammed! I call Paypal to ask why?? the answer was "WE ONLY PURSUE EBAY PURCHASES" ........
Someone knows anyone who find a resource to get the money refund of any of the phantom sellers of ioffer? and you are right, negative feedback is at the very end of the fedback pages in ioffer. No way to contact anyone on the site. I was checking several seller ID's and guess what? the most of them has been in that site for no longer than 3 months. What kind of site is it? looks that they are the ULTIMATE SANCTUARY for fraud and scam.
Unfortunately, I did not find this site before lost my hard earned money. If someone knows anything that would help, please post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm 

Recently I also purchase on ioffer through paypal. People from San Jose California, real email, and of course paypal acepted. I bought a 1500 laptop, what they sent me was a plug adapter for a cell phone. I filed a dispute, the scammers escalated it and produced a tracking number. The short story is that since i did not buy at ebay, I was not protected. The fact that I got something in the mail was OK with them, so they closed the case and refused to reverse the transaction. I would not buy anything with paypal from now on. I am not asking the bank to step in on this, hope it works.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:26 pm 

Quote:
Recently I also purchase on ioffer through paypal. People from San Jose California, real email, and of course paypal acepted. I bought a 1500 laptop, what they sent me was a plug adapter for a cell phone. I filed a dispute, the scammers escalated it and produced a tracking number. The short story is that since i did not buy at ebay, I was not protected. The fact that I got something in the mail was OK with them, so they closed the case and refused to reverse the transaction. I would not buy anything with paypal from now on. I am not asking the bank to step in on this, hope it works.

You should reproduce the postal manifest of what the item was. The weight of the adapter is much much lighter than the weight of the laptop. The manifest should have that in the record. Base on that, you can argue that you did not receive the item you bought. Paypal has record of the correct item you bought (i.e. the laptop) and you can get the weight specification from the manufacturer.
Now that the scammers showed up, it's your opportunity to further escalate it to your credit bank.
I would not pay that amount and let this credit card company file a collection against me and I will show them evidence that that was a fraudulent transaction and they should further investigate. I would report them to FTC.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:27 am 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been scammed on iOffer, but I want to let you know that I - and others who I know - have left Ebay because of their outrageous costs and have gone to iOffer, and we are honorable, fair, people who are selling things just like on ebay. I don't understand why Paypal doesn't help - I was of the understanding that they backed payments that they process. I think we all take risks when we buy on line. I have had a couple issues with things purchased form Ebay as well as Amazon, and have just eaten the loss - for this reason I refuse to buy big-ticket items that way. I think we have to be very cautious with all of our online transactions, I wish you luck in getting your issue resolved, but please don't lump all sellers on iOffer in with a very bad person!!