ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:47 pm 
It's on carsearch.com. I have no control about who looks at my ad or from what country. I was looking for sites where I could sell the truck for free. At ebay.com they want $80 for passanger vehicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:09 pm 

yeah I know, well just take it easy dont jump the gun and sell to someone in the US , the way I see it is , these other countries have cars what do they need ours for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:34 am 
Well we do have cars in Nigeria but we don't make any cars ourselves so we have to import. But that is not the issue.

The issue is that no real buyer will offer to buy a car sight unseen. How many cars have you bought sight unseen? I wager none, so why are you taking the email you received seriously?

There is no need to not sell your car for cash here in the states or to deal with any inconvenience.

I found this site as I am searching for an SUV and a sportsbike to ship to Nigeria. I intend to search the ads, go and personally look at the car to make sure that I am not being scammed (how is that for reverse role play?), bargain the price and pay the seller in cash and collect both car and pink slip and then ship to Nigeria.

You cannot scam an honest Man and we all just have to practise prudence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:38 pm 

I agree with Guest, you cannot go wrong with an honest in person cash transaction. I sold my mustang :( a year ago because of the legal woes with my case, the guy paid in cash, the only thing that I did do before letting him have the keys and pink slip was to run a counterfeit detection marker across each bill. They didnt turn black so I was safe LOL. Other than that it was smoothe sailing and i got to pay off some bills that were long overdue. This made creditors happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:17 pm 

Quote:
The issue is that no real buyer will offer to buy a car sight unseen. How many cars have you bought sight unseen? I wager none, so why are you taking the email you received seriously?
Unfortunately many people do, they are trusting and looking to sell their goods. The main and number one issue even aside from "site unseen" is to never ever send cash overseas via Western Union or Money Gram or QChex or anything to someone you do not know that has sent you a cashiers check or some sort of paper payment that could turn out to be counterfeit, don't do it- you will be stung.

Quote:
I intend to search the ads, go and personally look at the car to make sure that I am not being scammed (how is that for reverse role play?), bargain the price and pay the seller in cash and collect both car and pink slip and then ship to Nigeria

Forgive me, but I am having a hard time believing that is worth your time and money to fly to the state that you are going to pick up your SUV and bike (maybe (2) different states) pay the seller in cash and ship yourself and the goods back to nigeria, this seems costly and fishy.

Post subject: just a mear question
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:24 pm 
need to know how much does a standard car cost in nigeria? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:05 pm 

akira- although I don't know the direct answer to that, I am curious why you ask....? If you have a buyer in Nigeria interested in your vehicle and they want to pay more than the selling amount with a cashiers check and want you to wire funds back (DO NOT DO IT). Nigeria is a poor county, very few people are wealthy there, so buying a car is probbaly not easy, however, they do have them to buy. So if someone is willing to pay shipping charges to get the car from the US to Nigeria, then they can afford a car in their own country.....