ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: money order cashing and love stinks!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:15 am 

When I read your message, it really put warmth in my heart as it shows how groups like this one and people like Shawn who has created this wonderful place for us are doing a great job.

I turned to dating again after 7 years following the death of my husband. The last 7 years I concentrated on my daughter and keeping life moving. Like you, I open up again and get s....d! but hey! l believe the best is to come and this experiences should enrich us and not destroy us.

Take Care
D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 am 

Thanks for that D and HUGE THANKS to Shawn for this site!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss, and like yourself, my entire energy was put into my sons well-being and still is ...

What is truly sad is that we ourselves are honest, trustworthy, loyal and giving - so we DO expect others to be as we are.

take care
C

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:51 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

iwaslucky wrote:
Thanks for that D and HUGE THANKS to Shawn for this site!!!

You are very welcome. And I have to mention that my husband Jeff is the "brains" behind the site . . . I am VERY computer/tech challenged . . . if it was not for him the site would not exist . . . I am just the little lady with the big mouth that is out there talking to everyone. :mrgreen:

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 pm 

That is so funny Shawn as I am very technology impaired myself. My husband was the IT brain and took care of our home computing. Well Jeff is a definite star. Hey, following on this story here, have you thought about creating a page as per we could load the pictures which have been used by our scammers? Like some kind of data bank if you will. We all know that these poor guys or girls are probably oblivious to the fact that their pretty faces are being used but it could be a good reference point for people to check out. I am sure that Jeff would know how to do this..

D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:12 pm 

Dahlfi wrote:
Personally, I needed to have the answers and I got them.

If you are now referring to the answers you got from your scammer you are sadly mistaken. Scammimng you so he can pay to go to college is just another story he tells you, so you will understand him and do not feel to bad about it. He is telling you what you want to hear. He is like a salesman giving you his pitch and adapting to the situation. You need to realize these guys would sell their mother if that is what it takes. They will start out with over a thousand, reduce it to a couple of hundred and if that does not work even try to squeeze $5 out of you.

iwaslucky wrote:
I am considering contacting some of the women on his facebook page as he did accept me as a friend on his page. He has 33 women and 1 male friend. Some of the women are sexy russians and some are older women (one actually from SA).

Don't bother. What's there is 99,9% certain to be fake. He would not risk showing other women he is trying to scam as friends. For those he has other profiles. Contacting them will only set you up for other scam attempts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:24 am 

Pennywise, why are you bringing this back? We have gone through all that already. The answers I am talking about are not so much in what I have been told by him..OK! What matters here is that people who have been hurt by this find what works for them so that they can move on in a positive way and not let their lives being destroyed or consummed by this, but you would not know anything about that since you have not been scammed in that way or so I understood but may be I got you wrong.

If Iwaslucky wants to look at that face book page because it might help her, why not...as long as she does it knowing what she is dealing with and it does not turn into a cruisade.

The most important thing is that those who have been hurt are able to find ways to deal with it so that they can move on...It is an individual thing, Pennywise!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:10 am 

Dahlfi wrote:
but you would not know anything about that since you have not been scammed in that way or so I understood but may be I got you wrong.

No you got me right, but if you need to be a victim, to be able to help victims there are a lot of professionals who can stop doing their work right now.

Dahlfi wrote:
If Iwaslucky wants to look at that face book page because it might help her, why not...as long as she does it knowing what she is dealing with and it does not turn into a cruisade.

If she did know what she was dealing with I do not think she would bring up considering it. To me it looks like she is looking for answers, so I gave her one. Sexy russian women are a big red flag and she will only set herself open for more and new scam attempts.
She is looking at possible victims she wants to warn, but it is not unlikely that one of those women will tell her that she has already been victimized and befriends her. Next thing you know she will tell that because of the scam she lost all her money and now can not pay for her childs operation. You need to realize that some of these scammers are very well organized with fake Facebook pages and everything. Where you think you are dealing with one scammer you are actually dealing with a group. Once you have been scammed you are labelled as an easy target that can be handed out or sold to others.

Yes, people that have been hurt should be able to find ways to deal with it, but if those ways can lead to more hurt, they should at least be warned. There are to many people that get scammed more than once.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:00 am 

Hello to all and thank you all so much for caring!

Yes, we all have different opinions and I am very naive when it comes to deceitful people, so I do truly appreciate all the help and advice which you all have given me.

He sent me another message last night, saying Hello Love, which I naturally have not replied to. Yes, I do want to confront him, but do not want any repercussions to come my way, so perhaps it is best to just lie low. I am still thinking of contacting the SA woman on there as she is in her 60's at least and if I am vulnerable in my 40's - heaven knows how she feels in her 60's. All I want to tell her is how to research his IP address.

Before I started chatting with him, I did check him out of facebook and I contacted a woman in Oaklahoma, she is Russian and was very sweet. All she said is that she barely knew him and was about to delete him off her friends list. She did ask me if he wanted money from me and at that stage he hadn't asked, but there were no red flags from her.

have an awesome day and keep safe
C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:39 am 

Repercussions aren't likely. These guys prefer to stay anonymous and do their crime by means of the internet.

However, like I said, keep talking to him and you risk he will be coming back again and again. Does not even have to be him. Can be his friend telling you he died and has left you some money. All you need to do is pay some costs and you will receive a latge sum.

It's all up to you. If you want to get rid of a scammer you should immediately stop all communication. If you do not mind messages from time to time with new scam attempts from him or others you can confront him. The choice is yours.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:54 am 

Do what you feel is best for you as I guess now the cat is out of the bag and you have no longer doubts that you are dealing with someone who is not worthy of you.

To take the stand you are taking , it takes courage and celebrate this victory of dumping the ......... by treating yourself....that works always for me..lol...

Take Care
D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:32 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Dahlfi wrote:
have you thought about creating a page as per we could load the pictures which have been used by our scammers? Like some kind of data bank if you will.

We actually used to have something like this, when the site first started in 2002 . . . it was called The Wall of Shame. We had all of the info we could find on a scammer, but we stopped doing this because the scammers change this info so often . . . names, email addresses, phone numbers, profile pictures . . . they all change so fast that it is hard to keep up with things! Also, we know that 99% of the pictures are not of the scammers, and are stolen off of modeling sites so then we would be posting pictures of honest people who had their identity stolen by a scammer.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:42 pm 

Yes and you are right. IT is clear that those pictures are stollen but my thought were that if I had my picture used to committ fraud I would want to know. It is not helping our poor victims for sure but if i would ever find my picture used for fraud that would be a admissible in court over theft identiy if you know what i mean. So no, it is not helpling but yes it is helping as per I see my mugg on an internet website as being a scammer, I can fight back....that is my thought...I think it is still good...By doing so we are helping those who have been robbed and preventing others being robbed, right?

Take great care and keep doing what you are doing

Dahlfi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:48 pm 

This post is for Iwaslucky so Penneywise stay out of it but I wanted to wish this girl a very merry Xmas. We are both single mothers who wanted to get little bit of love and got screwed not in the way we intended but HEY, we live...

so to you I was lucky and Pennywise for all that is worth,, have a good xmas and lets keep chatting in the New Year!

Power to US,
Dahlfi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm 

Dahlfi wrote:
Yes and you are right. IT is clear that those pictures are stollen but my thought were that if I had my picture used to committ fraud I would want to know. It is not helping our poor victims for sure but if i would ever find my picture used for fraud that would be a admissible in court over theft identiy if you know what i mean. So no, it is not helpling but yes it is helping as per I see my mugg on an internet website as being a scammer, I can fight back....that is my thought...i

So exactly who are you going to take to court and where? You are dealing with an anonymous Nigerian that is hard to track and the numerous other African scammers that see that picture and start using it as well. Besides that, they do not steal your identity, They use your pictures for a fake identity.

Now how can you ask me to stay out of a post and then wish me a to have a good xmas? That forbids me to be nice and wish you the same, or a good ending of this year :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:23 am 

I can see where you comming from, Pennywise..anyway, I still hope you had a good Christmas and that you are looking forward some wonderful New Year Celebrations.

D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next