ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craigslist/ Survey/ Western Union Survey / Lighthouse Resear
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:57 am 

Applied on Craigslist for a market research survey and got this email back. As soon as I saw he words Western Union, I was suspicious, Googled the name and found a few variations of this scam...

--
Sept. 9, 2011

Lighthouse Research
1292 W 12700 S
Riverton UT 84065

Dear Applicant

We regret to inform you that the Craigslist focus group you signed up for filled up faster than we anticipated. However, we have another study holding this week that pays $300.

About Us: Lighthouse Research is a leading market research firm that helps corporate and not-for-profit organizations channel insights into more effective communication, stronger customer relationships, and new solutions for multi-faceted business challenges. Our company uses market research to measure the quality of service rendered or gather specific information about products and services that help organizations strengthen brand reputations, improve communication and enhance customer relationships.

Job Description & Responsibilities: Our company is currently conducting a survey on Western Union Agent Locations to help measure and improve effectiveness of the services offered to customers, this is as a result of complaints from some of Western Union repeat customers about the behavior and orderliness of most Western Union outlets.

The survey will require that you visit a Western Union Agent Location in your area and evaluate the services they render as a customer, you will thereafter give us feed back on your overall experience by filling out a simple questionnaire. Each survey takes a maximum of 30 minutes to complete and you will be paid $300 for every evaluation completed, No Sales Involved and this will not inconvenience your present occupation.

If you are interested in participating, please send us a reply with your information in the following order to: baxley@lighthouseresearch.org

Full Names :
Contact Address :
Phone Number :
Email address :
Present occupation :

We'll get back to you after receiving this information to confirm your participation in the survey. Surveys fill up fast and participation is on a first come first serve basis.

Lennon Baxley
Market Research Coordinator
888-412-5552

Post subject: Re: Craigslist/ Survey/ Western Union Survey / Lighthouse Re
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:24 pm 

They are scamming a lot of people and I was unfortunately one of the victims. I am doing the steps that the website has done to report these lying, cheating scum bags. What else did they tell you?

Good Morning,

Funds for the Western Union Evaluation will be delivered to your address this morning by FEDEX. Follow the below instructions to complete the Evaluation.

1.1 Deduct your compensation of $300 after cashing the received funds at your local bank.
1.2 Deduct another $200 for Western Union service fees.

Find the nearest Western Union outlet in your zip code to evaluate and pose as a customer making a wire transfer to a relative in WA. Make a wire transfer of the remainder funds after deduction of your compensation and other expenditures to the below information.

Receivers Name: Sara Nelson
Destination: 6511 24th Avenue NW, Seattle, WA 98117

Be sure to observe how long it took you to get services, intelligence of the attendant and Customer service professionalism during the transfer process and under no circumstances should the Western Union Agents know this evaluation is being carried out on them.

Email me as soon as you make the transfer with the following information;
MTCN #, Name And Address Of Sender, Western Union outlet evaluated.

A questionnaire form regarding your overall experience with Western Union will be emailed to you after we receive the transfer information.

Thank you and get back to me as soon as the survey is completed today.

Sincerely,
Charles Hall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:36 pm 

ood Morning,

Funds for the Western Union Evaluation will be delivered to your address this morning by FEDEX. Follow the below instructions to complete the Evaluation.

1.1 Deduct your compensation of $300 after cashing the received funds at your local bank.
1.2 Deduct another $200 for Western Union service fees.

Find the nearest Western Union outlet in your zip code to evaluate and pose as a customer making a wire transfer to a relative in WA. Make a wire transfer of the remainder funds after deduction of your compensation and other expenditures to the below information.

Receivers Name: Sara Nelson
Destination: 6511 24th Avenue NW, Seattle, WA 98117

Be sure to observe how long it took you to get services, intelligence of the attendant and Customer service professionalism during the transfer process and under no circumstances should the Western Union Agents know this evaluation is being carried out on them.

Email me as soon as you make the transfer with the following information;
MTCN #, Name And Address Of Sender, Western Union outlet evaluated.

A questionnaire form regarding your overall experience with Western Union will be emailed to you after we receive the transfer information.

Thank you and get back to me as soon as the survey is completed today.

Sincerely,
Charles Hall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:39 pm 

Apparently this has been going on for more than a year. I got off the phone with someone that works at lighthouse research http://www.go-lighthouse.com/index.html and I realized the address in the email matcheshttp://www.go-lighthouse.com/index.html headquarters. They have been using that companies name and ceo. They told me to report to the ftc and ic3.gov however I already did this. Its coming out of africa and their ip address is registeroing in sunnyvale california. Then they are picking up the money in Seattle, Washington. Any suggestions on stopping this bullcrap?

I have already reported to the secret service, craigslist, ftc, police, my bank, next is attorney general. However, the secret service and ftc were telling me they would not do isolated incidents and would contact me if they need more information. The lady who answered the phone at http://www.go-lighthouse.com/index.html told me they have been telling people to report to the ftc and ic3.gov for more than a year. There has to be more I can do. I understand my money is gone and is not likely recovered, however this is enough. I am in a position where western union has a shot of the person that went to get my money on camera and a record of there fake id. They also know the time and date. I want to know who that person on the camera is and western union is only telling me the cops can access that. Im waitng to talk to with cops so they can get that information. Im new so after making these reports.

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by ryan411 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:49 pm 

I'm sorry that has happened to you... from what I have just read, you have done everything you can and should do... trying to get WU to help is another story... the scammer that got me did it thru WU and this was "years" ago and they still proceed to "launder" money to these crooks... BUT they won't do a damn thing to help stop it and continue to get away with "aiding and abetting" these crooks... all they see is the money they are making from the fees and don't give a dame about those who get hurt and sometimes even jailed because of it... SVU has been fighting this for years... what we really need is for someone in the gov't (congressman, senator, etc) to open up this can of worms and do something about it but as of yet none are willing to do this... so much for a "gov't for the people"!