ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Think Your Pic Been Stolen And Used In A Scam???
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:51 pm 

Something new from Google... Search for an image on the web, by dragging an image to a Google search box. If you want to see if one of your images is being used elsewhere, use this tool! This is a great way to make sure where your images are being used on the web!!! I've tried it and it works! No more wondering who that pic belongs to... or if you are wondering if they are who they say they are... just follow the directions above and find out for sure!

Post subject: Re: Think Your Pic Been Stolen And Used In A Scam???
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:40 pm 

Don't get your hopes up to much. It works, but with a lot of limitations. A picture of a woman submitted can lead to a man as a result, based on the background and color of the clothes. A picture of Raven Riley flipping you the bird led to The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:23 am 

I mean the "exact" pic that you scan/search will come up where ever it's posted online... that's good news so that you can keep better tract on where your pics are showing up at...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:16 pm 

I know what you mean, but you make it look way to easy. Datingsites aren't included in Google's search, so you will not find out if someone is using your picture on a dating site. Furthermnore, if a scammer uses your picture, it will not show up anywhere, unless he posts it on social media sites like Facebook, or a victim reports the scammer and posts the pic he uses on a scam report site. That spam report site then should allow Google's search bot, or otherwise it still will not show.

So your pic will only show up under special circumstances. Not wherever it is posted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:37 pm 

It is new... give them a chance to get it out there... mine did show up at a "dating" site as well as Facebook and a blogging site.... maybe not everywhere but they are working on that... it's still nice to know that this kind of technology is in the works.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm 

It isn't new. It's just new for Google.
There are other sites that offer it and the results are simply not that good.
It isn't any better than playing roulette. Your number can come up, but it isn't a certainty and the chances are slim.