ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:00 am 

please can someone tell me, does anyone have any information on a Carlos77877@aol.com as he has offered to purchase something my partner is selling on ebay many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:48 am 
Gold Member

I googled it, but no information which is not surprising as only if the address is published in an internet document such (as a scambaiting website) will it be found.

On its own, that is not enough . What are the details of the deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:10 am 
we havent heard from him since tuesday and he said he is interested but is waiting on some detail to find out if the product is any good for him as we are selling some alloy wheels on ebay and wants them told us what car he has and is waiting on details if he needs anything. nothing yet has been mentioned about money. i have emailed him to find out if he is still interested but nothing back yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:12 am 

Anonymous wrote:
we havent heard from him since tuesday and he said he is interested but is waiting on some detail to find out if the product is any good for him as we are selling some alloy wheels on ebay and wants them told us what car he has and is waiting on details if he needs anything. nothing yet has been mentioned about money. i have emailed him to find out if he is still interested but nothing back yet

sorry this is from loopy i forgot to sign in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:20 am 

also please could i just add i am currently waiting on some information as a freind of mine some a lap top on ebay to someone using the name of carlos and she ask her to pay the money in to some bank called escrow or something like that she got the details as to where to send the laptop but she did not get the money so she is going to forward me some details aparently the laptop is in holland or germany somewhere.

Post subject: Be careful
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:08 pm 

Like you, I was scammed by the same people in the past few weeks and lost $3500. If you read my messages throughout this area of the forum, you'll see what I went through and want I am trying to do about it. The bottom line is to take that check save any receipts, emails(with headers), Names involved, times certain things took place, a photo copy of the fony cashiers check(which our bank did for us) and turn in it over to the Proper authorities. Mainly the FBI, who already seems to be on the case with this copied check from other scam incidents. Who knows how long these people have been scamming us. The last time I heard from one of these scammers, he was about to send me out another check for the same merchandise that he never collected the first time. I am going till the end of this week to see if I get it. So I can take all my info and turn it over to the FBI. This was the advise I was given by the helpful people in this forum. Listen to them. They will help you and so will I in any way I can. I was hasty when I deposited that check, knowing something wasn't right. But I did anyway because I really needed my money from it. So to get $500, I lost $3500. You should always listen to your gut instincts. Wish I did. And ask around first. It turns out that the more people I talk to about it, new about this going on. I just had to do a little research and I would have been ok. Oh, and I had to borrow a large sum of money from my brother so my wife was sure to have her surgery. Otherwise, she never would have gotten it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:14 pm 
Loopy- Escrow scams are just as prevelent as check scams - have your friend go to http://www.sos4auctions.com and talk to some fraud fighters there before USING ANY ESCROW, there are up to 1,000 fake escrows online at any given time. DO NOT use any escrows without having them checked out on that site first.... !@!!!!

Post subject: Is this a Scam?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:50 am 
A Tunisia guy claimed that he is a property agent and have a lot of cash to invest in any business in my country. Since he is not familiar with my country, he wants me to help him invest.
He is willing to start the ball rolling by sending money to my bank account or by 'diplomatic' courier service. All he need is my name and house address for the courier to deliver the cash $$.
Once the cash reach me, I am suppose to safe guard the $$$ until he comes to my country.
Question, is this a scam?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:47 am 
Gold Member

Tan; Rule No. 1 - If it sounds too good to be true. it isn't true.

Think about it.
Why does he want to use your bank account ?
Why would he want to send cash by courier ?
What the hell is 'diplomatic courier service' ?

"Is this a scam"?
Who knows. But if you get involved you need your head examining.

Why not have a quiet word with the USSS. I'm sure that they would like to take part in helping this Tunisian guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:36 am 
Gold Member

Tan

Ask yourself these questions

1) Out of all the people in this country why have "I" been selected by this guy to receive millions and why should he trust me?

2) What expertise do I have in handling large sums of money and, if so, has my fame spread internationally?

3) Is he known to to me or my close friends? - otherwise how did he get my e-mail address? (if you do not know, prepare for a deluge of spam)

You already know it is a scam
That is why you came to this forum in the first place.

Post subject: NEWFRAUDULANT CHECKS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:54 am 
ORIGINATE FROM NIGERIA..WILL POSSIBLY SAY MARYLAND...AND IT IS DRAWN UP ON A CHECK FROM BANK STAR OUT OF PACIFIC MISSOURI AND THE MIDDLE SET OF DIGITS ON THE BOTTOM WILL BE CORECT BUT IT IS A FAKE THE NUMBER IS 081003275....RIP IT UP OR USE IT FOR TOILET PAPER...DO WHAT YOU WILL JUST DONT CASH EM....LIGHT A FIRE AND DO AN INDIAN DANCE...THANK THE NICE NIGERIANS FOR THE HEAT SOURCE.....KEEP YOUR STICKS ON THE ICE..IM PULLIN FORYA!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:18 am 
Not sure who sent this to me but thanks anyway for warning about lawren mack and the nigeria scam.

just thought i would let you know that he has since changed his emial address to lawren_mack@postmaster.co.uk

Post subject: How to deal with the check scam, ROB
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:34 pm 
Rob....just play it out. Let the check come. I just got one yesterday for $8000 for my $3500 horse. The fun of the game is costing the Nigerians money to get those bogus checks here. Sometimes upwards of $75. 24 hours after Fed Ex delivers your check, you can call them. Say

REP to the voice mail thing, then you'll get a live person. Tell that person you want INTERNATIONAL. That person can then tell you who shipped the check, how much it cost them, the address, etc. Then if you want, you can be connected to their Fraud department which will start investigating that account overseas.

My check, shipped from Lagos Nigeria by LUIS D, is drawn on a San Antonio Bank of America branch. The account number is a legit account, but was stolen off a real check and used to perpetrate this fraud.

I wanted to run the check through to gather the paper trail for a news story, but when I talked to the Texas bank, they told me that once the Federal Reserve saw it, they would forward it back to Texas and me and my bank would never see it again...and I want to keep this check...so I'm not running it through.

You can stall your people for a few days, telling them your banker wants to make sure it clears before they hand you over all that money. You will eventually have to write the buyer, however, and tell them the bank refused the check and they'll have to send another one or something. Be prepared because you will get nasty email, etc, calling YOU a fraud!! But the name of the game on our end is 1) letting the world know about it, and 2) Costing the scammers money!!!!!

My home email is tobiano@charter.net if anyone wants to write me about this.

Carolyn

Post subject: check scam names/addresses
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:49 pm 
Forgot to post the names of the people surrounding my $8000 check.

Danny Brooks danny_brooks@myownemail.com & danny_brooks4u@yahoo.com

Tessa Molgreen, same email address as Dan's Yahoo.

Names that came up now that the check is here, who to ship to, etc.:
Michael J. Wood
Daniel M. Bresler to a New York address of 277 Broadway
New York, NY 10007. USA

an email of hyzon_deliveryman@your-house.com

Carolyn tobiano@charter.net

Post subject: NEED ADVICE QUICKLY
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:23 pm 

Quote:
Is it worth 20 yrs of your life to cash it?

OMG -- What do you MEAN by this? I just got a cashier's check today from someone in Canada for a piano I had advertised on an antique dealer's site. Until I found this forum, I thought it was good. I took it to the bank manager and she looked it up on the computer and didn't even put a hold on it, although I told her I did not know these people.

I only started to do a search tonight because he asked for a check back for shipping fees and sent me a phony address in Canada to send it. (I did a Google search on the address.)

Someone, please explain what I should do now. I put that check in my account. How can I get in trouble for this? Who should I call?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next