ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Long Term Relationship Scams?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:43 am 

I'm looking for helpful information to try and find a way to help save a family member before he looses all his family and is financially and emotionally devastated. Below is the basis of the situation, I would greatly appreciate any wisdom on this situation.

He started dating someone through the online game IMVU. He had previously met someone through this game and met with her. In that situation they met and it did not work out. So he jumped right back into the game and met a new person. From the beginning he allowed this person to view him on web cam 24 hours a day. She will not give her real name to him, she has sent him a couple pictures of a female who is very beautiful.

Her story is that her family all died and she is now very wealthy, she is 18 and has finished high school, She lives in New York. She has a Verison Pre paid New York phone number, and she uses a po box in New York.

She tells him she can not get her web cam to work and she will not get a new web cam because that is a waist of money. She has sent him and his young children gifts in the mail and has even helped him pay some bills. Then she started to take over everything including his finances. She had him open an online bank account to put his money into I think this started when she was helping him with a bill. Now she has complete control over him. He has brought his children into this. He makes them sit on web cam and even left his 2 year old daughter under her care on web cam. How this worked was He was living with me his cousin and he left then I got a phone call at like 8:00 in the morning from him telling me he had left his daughter there and that his online girlfriend was watching her on cam over night and called him to tell him that his daughter had gotten up.

This has all gotten way out of control. He was putting funds into the online account instead of paying his part of the rent. I honestly do not care about any money he would owe. I had to kick him out because he was starting to put my own children at risk. He left the web cam on 24-7 and would leave his door open and I refused to allow this person to be watching me and my kids. I Tried to talk to him about keeping the web cam off when it effected others privacy and he freaked out. He said it was all about this girl and that we just did not like her ect. SO I have him the option to stop it or get out.

This is when everything went nuts. He started to bring other family members into the mix. Now this has split the entire family. Everyone is trying to bring up the past and hurt each other.

The worst part about all of this though is that he is losing his children. He has 3,9,and 15 year children. He is separated from the mothers of the children and has had a good visitation schedule and good terms with the mothers. His 2 older children now refuse to see him because he leaves them sitting all day while he is online or on the phone. Also the place he is staying now is really not safe for the kids.

I feel like there is nothing I can do. So far what is this person guilty of legally? I fear that it is going to get worse. She has talked him into butting money in the account to buy a home. OhHH also they have been dating online for over a year and she still will not give her real name or get on web cam or meet him.

Please help!

Post subject: Re: Long Term Relationship Scams?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:48 pm 

Sounds to me like he's made up his mind... in that case there won't be much you can do but let him ride it out and learn from his own mistakes... it's like trying to get someone to quit drinking or smoking... until they admit they have a problem and are no longer in denial any efforts to make the person change will be futile... You can try and get him to this site to read some of the victims stories... maybe he'll see a "connection"... He needs to accept the fact that this girl is scamming him and then they'll be able to accept help from others in order to make the change. Right now he's in full denial... it's good though that the kids are no longer a part of his home environment and that you did the right thing to get yours back under control. You're going to have to let him find out on his own (and he will), it's just a matter of time... unfortunately, there are some people that just have to learn life's lessons the hard way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:01 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

RainLilly wrote:
He has brought his children into this. He makes them sit on web cam and even left his 2 year old daughter under her care on web cam. How this worked was He was living with me his cousin and he left then I got a phone call at like 8:00 in the morning from him telling me he had left his daughter there and that his online girlfriend was watching her on cam over night and called him to tell him that his daughter had gotten up.

This could actually be a case for child neglect, and he could have the children taken away from him if Child Protection Services found out. What if the 2 year old woke up and tried to climb out of the crib? (I hope that the child is in a crib, and not just left to wander the house once it wakes up and no one else is there!)

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:08 pm 

Thank you both for posting to my issue. I guess there is just nothing I can do. It is so hard to sit back and do nothing.

However both of the Mother's have actually gotten together because their kids are now being emotionally abused by their father. He has been sending messages to them through the internet. Most of them are very manipulative and the children have been in tears several times now.

Everyone agree's that this is not normal for him and that this online person he is involved with is really twisting his views of reality.

Both Mothers have decided that things have gone too far and are taking court action now. I will post any information that will be helpful to other as the cases progress.

This should make for an interesting argument in court. Maybe it will bring a new type of action to try and get a real name put to these people.

Thank you again so much!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:52 pm 

I feel your agony. It is so good that the mothers have stepped up to act, and that Child protection agencies have become involved. If he is not careful- which he hasn't been, criminal action may be taken against him or perhaps mandatory psychiatric evaluation. I don't know in what part of the world you are, but he definitely deserves eval because he is clearly not thinking clearly and not making good decisions about his own health nor the welfare of his children.
As for the girl, it is very easy to get a US cell phone number on an Iphone to text- and she could've easily gotten a US number on a land line via a popular computer assisted VOip device available at any big store that makes very cheap phone calls for a lot of countries. Don't want to say name...no need to make it too easy for the bad guys, you know.

Sometimes people just have to hit rock bottom before they can see how far down they have fallen. Being there to support him when he ASKS for help to recover may be the only answer.

Good luck to your family,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm 

Rain Lilly

I may need help I'm not sure if I am being scammed. I called this wrong number over a year ago and fell in love with this girl and her children. I wear a wedding ring that she mailed to me and call the kids my own. Thing is I have not met my family. She says she's being protected and until life calms down, I will have to wait. Some of the pictures that have been sent to me I have ran across on-line. She just gets mad and says "they" must of changed the pictures again. I would like to talk with you about this and even your family member.

My heart belongs to them. They have never asked for anything except my love. Is the love i receive and give worth waiting and seeing. Even if things don't make since. It's been 15 months and a good hearted man is hurting right now. Please help me know if my family is real.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 am 

I may be in the same situation but nobody has asked me for money or anything, just to love her. I have been with her for over a year and she wont give me an address to send her stuff, I want to. I am absolutely in love with her and her kids but we cant meet until the people that protect her say its okay. For a relationship over the phone my life is filled with drama and mystery. I found a book series, the latest one even sounds like what her and I have been going through. The first few books sound like the past she has told me about.

Is she author looking for book material?
Is she a scamer of a different type?

She doesn't ask for anything but I cant help but to question certain things. Like finding the pictures she has sent me online.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm 

if she wont get a webcam because she thinks it is a waste of money, then she is a scammer.... maybe even a male scam posing as a female.

A Pre paid New York phone number can be an online call divert service and a virual p.o box.(both paid with stolen credit card details)

The gifts and bills maybe paid for with stolen credit card details.

As for puutting money into an account for a home, thats the scam he is being set up for.
[url]

http://scamontheinternet.com/dating-sca ... -with-one/[/url]