There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paul Davidson
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:25 am 

Can anyone help me?

I have been approached by a friend, here in the states, who wants me to invest with him on a couple of property development deals. We have been close for a number of years and always had reasonable results on our previous investments, however this one I am not comfortable with, but he is really keen and I don't want to let him down.

The names of the people he is dealing with are Paul Davidson, based in London and Mohammed Ali Mohammed who is in Dubai. Mohammed did use Dr Omar Bin Sulamain at the start of the deal. Email addresses are mrpaul_davidson@consultant.com sulaiman.omar@gmail.com sulaiman.omar@yahoo.com sulaiman.omar2009@googlemail.com

They are looking for investment of $3.5 million to release $70 million for property development in South America and Canada with investors getting 100% interest paid on their investment. They won't with us before a substantial payment has been paid into a bank in England.

Has anyone else dealt with these people? Are they legitimate?

Please let me me know.

Thanks

Seb

Post subject: Re: Paul Davidson
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:32 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

If the loss of this money would put strain on your situation, do not invest.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:48 am 

Thanks for the response. I have done some internet research as I am not at all comfortable with this deal and need to persuade my friend that we have to walk away now. Since I posted my message yesterday on lots of sites I have an incredible response with lots of details. Now I want to expose Davidson and Mohammed to warn others away. I am lucky to have lots of time on my hands and this will be fun to do.

It appears that Davidson is based in London and ONLY uses UK banks for his transactions. Why is this? Are they not tightly regulated after everything that went on over there? I now know of at least two that he uses. Does he have people inside them to help move the money? As well as being annoyed by the fact he almost got us to invest a huge amount of money I wanna know how he does it. That way I can save others, I hope.

How can the banks let this happen? Surely they must know it is going on if there are lots of these scams going on? Can I sue them if I lose my money?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:42 am 
Gold Member

sw1967 wrote:
It appears that Davidson is based in London and ONLY uses UK banks for his transactions. Why is this?
Why would someone inside the United Kingdom NOT use banks from their own country of residence?

sw1967 wrote:
Are they not tightly regulated after everything that went on over there?
What's that supposed to mean?

sw1967 wrote:
How can the banks let this happen? Surely they must know it is going on if there are lots of these scams going on?
If nobody raises a complaint how would the banks know?

sw1967 wrote:
Can I sue them if I lose my money?
Sue who? The bank? Not a hope.

For me, anyone talking about investing millions to get even more millions, that uses FREE web-mail accounts for communications is nothing more than an internet predator looking for victims gullible enough to fall for it. If someone with that much clout were really into multi-million dollar deals, they would have a nice shiny website and their own domain name, not some free web-mail like 'consultant', 'gmail' or 'yahoo'. The idea makes me froth at the mouth.

As for returning a 100% interest rate . . . I have never heard of any such 'investment' that doubles your money.

Next up. What about your communications with these idiots? Have you checked their Credentials? Mailing Addresses? Company Names? How about the headers (other than gmail) to make sure they are where they say they are? What about talking to an investments expert in your own country to get some proper advice? All these things are part of the due-diligence process, if you don't play whack-a-mole with the details, you'll get scammed, especially doing it blind over the internet where you have never met the people you intend to give large sums to.

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:06 pm 

Hi Biggles thanks for your replies to the highlighted areas and I would like to think that despite what has come across in my posts I am not an absolute idiot. I realise that I didn't explain myself properly though.

The UK banking issue was more directed at why it appears that the research I have done in the past few days shows that UK banks seem to have a high percentage of "scam" money moving through them. When people complain it appears that very little progress is made because the "investor" is not a member of the bank and as you point out they invested in the first place.

As has been shown in my research the money does not stay in the UK banks for long and is moved straight out. Surely if money is transferred into an account which does has laid dormant for sometime and then has a large amount moved into it there must be some notification. Is there not money laundering regulations that apply?

In response to your last points this was my first internet approach and it was only through my friend that I have ended up here. We haven't invested and thanks to a few quick posts and research on the web I now have a little hobby in trying to find out more information and making life more difficult for the fraudsters.

Cheers

Seb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 pm 
Gold Member

sw1967 wrote:
I realise that I didn't explain myself properly though.
I'm listening.

sw1967 wrote:
the research I have done in the past few days shows that UK banks seem to have a high percentage of "scam" money moving through them.
Cite your research, without example there is no substance and your post becomes a theory, nothing more.

sw1967 wrote:
When people complain it appears that very little progress is made because the "investor" is not a member of the bank and as you point out they invested in the first place.
How have you come to this conclusion, you have not cited any references to back up your statement.

sw1967 wrote:
As has been shown in my research the money does not stay in the UK banks for long and is moved straight out.
Cite your research, without example there is no substance and your post becomes a theory, nothing more.

sw1967 wrote:
Surely if money is transferred into an account which does has laid dormant for sometime and then has a large amount moved into it there must be some notification. Is there not money laundering regulations that apply?
Well yeah I guess... maybe you should ask the BANK?

sw1967 wrote:
I now have a little hobby in trying to find out more information and making life more difficult for the fraudsters.
Good luck.

All I see here is an attack specifically targetted at the British banking system. Try talking to the Financial Services Authority in the UK, they will no doubt surprise you with the response you get. I could very easily pop out a number of postings that attack the banking system in the USA and make unsubstanciated references to 'research' that 'shows how bad it is'. I won't, because this website is testament to the point I just made.

[/offtopic]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 am 

Good Morning Biggles and everyone else

Thanks for you reply last week Biggles much appreciated. I wasn't aware that to open a discussion I needed to post examples documents etc. It was I said in the beginning a question about an approach. You seem to have taken it personally which obviously i didn't mean as I don't know you. My first email also said that I hadn't invested with these people as i wasn't comfortable with them. So your many questions regarding checking credentials needn't have been written as it was irrelevant.

It is not an "attack" against the UK banking system as I am more than aware of the failings in all banks. It was a general question and no one else seemed to take it the way you did. I have seen emails in which Shanghai bank details were provided for the monies to be deposited into along with others, so I know it is widespread.

I have attached some documents which I hope will provide an example of the emails which i have seen from Paul Davidson, Mohammed Aziz Mohammed, Dr Omar Bim Sulaiman and others.

The attachments are pretty self explanatory really and I am only posting them to show that this is not just a theory. I have protected the identity of the people and specific bank accounts as I it would be wrong to do so. Yes these are historic but I have others which are from other banks this year.

I hope that you will accept this a not just a theory now.
Attachment:
1st email making contact.pdf [28.99 KiB]
Downloaded 1614 times

Attachment:
pdf1.pdf [60.18 KiB]
Downloaded 1559 times

Attachment:
pdf2.pdf [7.1 KiB]
Downloaded 1438 times

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 am 

Sorry I couldn't attach these two onto the previous post.

Seb

Attachment:
pdf lloyds.pdf [12 KiB]
Downloaded 1434 times

Attachment:
pdf halifax.pdf [19.22 KiB]
Downloaded 1418 times

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:48 am 
Gold Member

Hello again.

I'm going to have to reiterate my earlier points about what you have stated as fact; Reminder:-
Quote:
sw1967 wrote:
the research I have done in the past few days shows that UK banks seem to have a high percentage of "scam" money moving through them.

sw1967 wrote:
When people complain it appears that very little progress is made because the "investor" is not a member of the bank and as you point out they invested in the first place.
How have you come to this conclusion, you have not cited any references to back up your statement.

sw1967 wrote:
As has been shown in my research the money does not stay in the UK banks for long and is moved straight out.
The simple fact is, you have not provided any form of research or references to back up what you have said. You have made unsubstanciated statements that target a banking system.

sw1967 wrote:
I hope that you will accept this a not just a theory now.
From the point of view of what you have stated, and your supposed 'evidence', yes it is still a theory. All you have provided is a number of PDF's containing copies of email communications from fraudsters. There is nothing in there to back up what you call 'research', it has nothing to do with a banking system (flawed or otherwise).

sw1967 wrote:
I wasn't aware that to open a discussion I needed to post examples documents etc.
You don't. However, you have made broad sweeping comments about a banking system and have simply not backed it up with anything concrete from your supposed 'research'. In short, it is unfair and unsubstanciated. The PDF's only reinforce one thing, the communications are from scammers. It is not research for or against any banking system.

sw1967 wrote:
You seem to have taken it personally
A forum is for discussion, I do not take forum posts personally.

When an anti-fraud forum is being used in an unfair manner I will certainly point it out, as I have done here. You may not like/appreciate the scrutiny, but I'm simply asking you to clarify the statements you have made, for the benefit of all. If you cannot or will not, then it remains theory, not research.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am 

Hello and good morning

No you didn't have to reiterate anything at all, as I fully understood the points when they were first made. I don't see the point in getting into an ping pong match repeating the same old stuff, maybe you don's see it that way.

Ok so I have not posted any original documents. Please tell me how this can be done whilst protecting the people involved? If i can be sure of their anonymity I will post the original emails.

Research was probably the wrong word to use as you seem to have latched onto it and are shaking it like a dog with a bone. What I actually did was talk to people and ask questions and look at the internet. So no it is not a university research document which should be published and can stand up to close scrutiny.

I did not attack any banking system I simply asked questions which i did not feel were unfair. I have seen emails which provide details of six or more banks all used by Davidson, none of them in his name, all in the UK. So if it is slanted then I apologize but I am working the information provided. There are also bank account details in Canada and Shanghai but only one in each, which appear in emails.

As I have said above show me how to post documents which are not PDF's which protect the source and i will happily do so, I have thousands going back to 2007.

I came to this site looking for information and asked what I believed were simple questions in all honesty and it appears that I come under fire.

Sorry you feel that I have "made unsubstanciated statements that target a banking system" but i do not feel that was the intended idea.

Thanks

Seb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 am 
Gold Member

sw1967 wrote:
Research was probably the wrong word to use
I agree.

sw1967 wrote:
I have seen emails which provide details of six or more banks all used by Davidson, none of them in his name, all in the UK. So if it is slanted then I apologize but I am working the information provided. There are also bank account details in Canada and Shanghai but only one in each, which appear in emails.

So, if a scammer has various bank accounts in various places, why does this become a fault of the banking system? Scammers are adept at using genuine people to launder money. A bank will only act on information if it can be proven to be a fraud. Emails between one person and another doesn't cut it. If the accounts have been reported, it could take many years for any action to be taken by anyone. Have you reported the bank accounts to the Police or Banks?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:24 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Going back to your original post, I always let people know that it is not the names that you have to worry about . . . the scammers change names quickly . . . it is the situation that you have to look at. No investment is ever "risk free". With the dollar amounts that you are looking at, I personally would walk away.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 pm 

Hi again,

Thanks for letting me move this along now it's much appreciated.

I do not think that the banks have been approached as the person I am in touch with is highly embarrassed by the episode and his inability to see through the scam, which crept up on him over 3 years from 2007.

He even flew to London and Switzerland to meet these people face to face whilst they were with people posing to be bankers for UBS. We think from our trawling that we may have "identified" one of the UBS bankers as a convicted fraudster from London. I say "identified" as i am learning quickly on here to be guarded. This person was linked as a director to a company whose bank account was used for a money transfer, which along with internet images is how my friend recognized him after their meeting.

Unfortunately he never confided in me until the thanksgiving and since then I have started to try and find as much information as possible, (I won't call it research lol) about Davidson and his friends.

My first post summed up the scam as it was sold to him and the PDF re the first meeting was how he got hooked in. There then followed a series of emails and correspondence with forms to complete and registrations, which all seem very convincing I have to say.

How is it best to publish these as I am sure that they will be using something very similar still just with different names?

Will it be of benefit to show all of the bank details? I don't want to get my a$$ sued by anyone about this but feel so strongly about it that I want the information available for everyone to be able to see?

Hindsight...... great eh.

Seb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 am 

Hi

If I have cell numbers for Davidson or Mohammed can I post them here?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:09 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

sw1967 wrote:
Hi

If I have cell numbers for Davidson or Mohammed can I post them here?

No . . . we cannot post personal information like mailing address or phone numbers for real people. We only allow phone numbers to be posted for the "overseas" scammers who are using fake names.