ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nigerian Scam using yahoo instant messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:20 am 

i have since been approached on myyearbook by someone in the UK going by the name of Kenny Roland.asked right off the bat for my IM, and yesterday asked me for a credit card, I have deleted him from contacts and added to ignore list on messenger, screen name ke_invt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm 

msgmike wrote:
I just wanted to update everybody on what I learned today.
It would appear that pretty little Roony Leslie Whyte is still up to her wonderful ways, but now she is working from the WooMe site and her new yahoo messenger name is sexyron1975@yahoo.com.
I am currently playing with her on line, and have not been hit up for any money yet. She is still doing the "meet me online at 5 am" thing, but I don't stay on with her long enough for her to ask for anything.
I was informed today that her Dad is dead and her Mom is ill and that she is trying to get Dad's death certificate so that she can get access to his money and open a resturant in Texas, or as she put it, "here with me if I am good to her".
Tomorrow I will give her a little more time and see what she has to pitch. I'll keep you posted.

Mike
hey mike i have ran it to the same person get back at me and will talk about later

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:20 pm 

Hi all,
I just found this site and I'm glad i did.
Seems a so called girl (or guy) has found me.
I was a little suspicious when the person always avoided my questions and never could give me a straight answer. So I looked around and came up with this site.
I'm sorry that all the people on here got taken by some scum sucker, and would like to add one more to the profile that I found on a Roony Leslie Whyte. Aka, whyte4942, sexyron1975 both on yahoo .com / it found me on perfspot.com.She uses address of 6234 San Pedro, Texas. 78216 , with moms and dad names of Betty Sandra Whyte and Andrew Patrick Whyte. Clams to have been bore in Texas on 8-7-1975 age 33. She likes to say Baby a lot, dad died need money for death certificate ETC... there is more about her on this site.i cut and pasted it in a folder to use agenst her in the future.
I found information on this person and it made me sad and mad. I had the hopes that this person was the someone I was looking for. But I know all to well that there were scams out there. I happen to be one of the lucky ones that didn't get taken for nothing but my pride and dignity.
Thanks for your story's and sorry for your losses. And I will be posting this info of her in and to all the people she has for friends on the sites I know her to be. I think it might stop this one for a little bit till they come up with a new site and name.
It is a shame that people like this get away with things like this, and mess it up for all of us good intended people.
I was thinking of leading her on till I can get the cops, or who ever involved can come up with the I P address of this person and find them and put them where they belong.
Please give me some feed back on doing that. I have friends that are cops, judges, lawyers and any one that I need for that fact. My only question is: If i do this will they find me and blow me up for messing with there program.
so e mail me using the email link below: (scam) in the subject line).
and i'll do my best to help stop this.

Thank you (And good luck to you all) Alvin Smith

Attachments:
roony03.jpeg
roony03.jpeg [ 3.64 KiB | Viewed 25613 times ]
roony02.jpeg
roony02.jpeg [ 4.22 KiB | Viewed 25609 times ]
roony01.jpeg
roony01.jpeg [ 5.27 KiB | Viewed 25605 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:13 am 

I was almost scammed for money! I was on Match.com and started to chat with a guy who called himself John Talker. His yahoo email was romanticjlove46 but went as heartfelt1145 on match. We chatted for about a week before he started saying how we were so perfect for each other and he couldn't wait to come home so we could meet. He said he was working in Nigeria supplying computers to colleges and companies and would be back in the states in a couple of weeks. On feb 26 the situation changed, he told me he was so sad that he had looked in his wallet and realized money was missing and he needed to pay the hotel or be kicked out and buy food for his daughter Vera. Once he said that I knew something was up so I just played along with him letting him think I would even consider it. He gave me a western union address in order to send the money with a name of Chris Fred. I didn't ask him who that was because I still wanted him to think I was sending he money. I told him that I had to think about the situation and would get back to him the next day! I looked on the internet for the name of Chris Fred and found someone who was almost scammed by him too! Next day I told him I was asking my sister for the money and he kept insisting that I at least send him some and what my sister was gonna help out with send later. Very persistant about sending the money and I kept stalling him cuz I wanted to give him a little taste of his medicine! He starte talking about what kind of house we were gonna get, how he was gonna get some shares from his dad's thing in the UK, that the job he was doing was worth $25,000 and how he was gonna take care of me and my kids! He sure was laying it on think so finally I said OK Chris Fred I know this is a scam and he should be ashamed of himself for all the people who did send him money! The guy even showed me a pic of a passport!! Of course he told me he was not a beggar and not to contact him anymore! What nerve! I called Match to report it and they took all my info and said that it would be blocked. But the most incredible thing is I went on match.com on saturday and his pic is on there again as a new account but similar name! I am gonna call Match on Monday and let them know and also to cancel my account. Lord only knows how many of these guys are on there. I feel so bad for all those people who's pics are being used by these scammers!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:51 pm 

I had a person scamming me using the email ericmcfadden555@yahoo.com. He said he was originally from Scotland, and had to work as a contractor in London because he could not get work where he was currently living- New York. He said he needed money because his family was deceased and no friends could assist. So he played on me. I have contacted yahoo abuse about this nigerian 419 scam, due to the fact he scammed me a lot of money, and asked to do a trace on this email. They could not assist. What are we to do about these emails? I have posted the pictures on this site. I put the pictures up again. I tried to check this email on google info and yahoo and it did not appear. How can you get an email from yahoo and it does not show? This is just a partial of the 5 month story with this man. Oh and yes I met him on plentyoffish.com back in Sept 2008.
Attachment:
me today.jpg
me today.jpg [ 42.98 KiB | Viewed 25579 times ]

Attachments:
l_1e78620465568d8187dc54d74803c768[1].jpg
l_1e78620465568d8187dc54d74803c768[1].jpg [ 31.72 KiB | Viewed 25573 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:36 am 

My husband was scammed by a person calling themself Laura Daniel. An american working in Nigeria. Of course, I did not catch on until he had gotten cash from our credit cards and sent it via Western Union. The email she is using right now is lauradaniel04@yahoo.com. I noticed on another site that she has used lauradaniel02@yahoo.com too. I see that you say we should tell the FBI and others of the scam. But...is there any relief? They prayed on a guy who was laid off and bored and who could believed he was helping this person out and would get his money back before the bills arrived. He is still emailing her (we are I should say) and as of yesterday he is aware he was scammed. Any advice? I also have the picture she is using if that would help.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:45 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

buffettfan wrote:
The email she is using right now is lauradaniel04@yahoo.com. I noticed on another site that she has used lauradaniel02@yahoo.com too.

This is quite common. Once the email address is reported the company (yahoo in this case) may turn off the account . . . but the scammer just gets a new one that is similar to the first one.

Quote:
...is there any relief?

If you are asking if you will get your money back, no . . . sorry. Reporting it DOES make more people aware that this is a growing problem, and in the long run could help those of us that are pushing for changes when we can show the numbers are going up.

Quote:
He is still emailing her (we are I should say) and as of yesterday he is aware he was scammed. Any advice?

Block the email address and do not talk with her any more . . . actually, it may not even be a her on the other end of the email.

Quote:
I also have the picture she is using if that would help.

It is probably a picture stolen off of a model website, or someone's social networking profile.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:57 am 
Gold Member

paulinalopez01 wrote:
People in love has feeling in love and have being scam due to the fact that love is splendid I fell too I was scam $35,000 USD by mark David [Alias] in Nigeria this made me sold my father company just because i want to please him. he told me that he will come and marry me infact I traveled down to the country Nigeria I never knew all was been set up I can't believe that a white man could get himself in the crap business of scam. why this happen was because he told me that he is handle a project of building an estate for the Lagos State Ministry of Housing then I believed him not only that he told that I should make up some money to buy the contract of $11million USD off with $200,000USD and he also said he will be able to get 175,000usd and I should help him with $35,000USD which I foolishly gave him due to the fact that I have seen the work site with my own eyes physically.

After I sometime I didn't hear from him again i was in the hospital for 1week not know what has happen to me, so I decided to report my case to the Authorities and someone who then refer me to contact and hire a private investigator to track and give him to the appropriate authority for prosecution which i did urgently the reason why I did that was because Government will handle you case at the time when it your turn or when your file is open I decided to take it private. Today mark David Alias is Mr Rotime Balogun Cell inmate No 343 Ikoyi Prison Lagos Nigeria Serving 4years in Prison terms and i was compensated with $100,000 USD for losses and inconvenience, process for acting a vital financial role in getting this dating scammer by Various Authorities, that couldn't bear for what i have gone through. Thanks to scam.trackers@yahoo.co.uk he also told me that after when he fall victim to scam of $70,000USD he dedicated him self to fight scam and get scammer with his life. Thanks to my Agent Audrey Robinson London UK

To avoid dating scam [direct.gov.uk]visit[direct.gov.uk]

PAulina Lopez
Mexico City, Mexico

paulinalopez01 wrote:
Wow!!!!! Ho noooo Be very careful about all this my agent i contracted that helped me recovered my money is still working with agencies in various countries to recover scammed fund from this scammers. you can contact him via mcvinalert(at)gmail,com IMMEDIATLY before it might be too late. mine was similar with Fake Cheque but when i recovered the funds from this criminal i made payment back to the Barclay's Bank uk

So, some "agent" got your money back from a Nigerian Cheque Scam? How did he do that? Considering that even the Police would have serious difficulties in locating scammed money I'm very much inclined to hear more about this so-called "agent".

In addition, I've located a thread on worldlaw forum where the same email address is also being quoted as having "refunded" money. The thread starts [here].

Copied text of posts for brevity.
Quote:
moore, Austria
Re: Minvestment.com
whoooooooooooo!!!!!! i have been duly being compensated by a compensation house through the help of one consultant Mr. Mcvoy Kelvin please contact him if you have been scarmed by these stupid scarmer mcvinalert @gmail.com

Quote:
Unregistered

i think everybody is making mistake. i was compensated by cheque i and fur other people share $10,000 trully, by help of a consultant Mcvoy Kelvin mcvinalert,gmail.com for the compensation office of minvestment limited minvestment.com has change to gprshyip

Quote:
Maryann ,Austria

Really i dont think youn have been scamed i can liink you to the consultant that made got my money $4000us dollars cheque Back go and contact him immediatly mcvinalert,gmail.com and stop saying you have been scammed when you have not been scammed contact him immediatly

This final one says everything you need you know.

Quote:
Unregistered

They're not getting any refunds they're just trying to pimp the email address for this 'consultant' which probably is a scam itself and involves you sending money to them.

Considering that generally the Police would be unlikely to be able to get money back from any scam, be it a HIYIP, Pump-And-Dump or a Nigerian Scam, seeing an email address pimped on various forums as some "knight in shining armour" to do even what the Police can't is for me the ultimate scam.

We call those "Fund Recovery Scams". The agent is going to ask for an Advance Fee, you won't get any refund because it is not possible, especially if you have paid via Western Union or MoneyGram. If you paid via bank transfer, an "agent" can't do anything, only a bank can.

My opinion of paulinalopez01 is that her posts are a ruse to promote the agent, nothing more. To prove the point, an alert was posted right here on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:51 pm:-

"Paulina Lopez" recommends scam.trackers@yahoo.co.uk. [LINK]

So there you have it. This scam victim is not a scam victim at all, s/he is a liar and attempting to use this forum to perpetrate criminal activity.

Scumbag scammer, you are now busted.

Just to make surfers even more aware...

SCAM => scam.trackers@yahoo.co.uk <= FRAUD
SCAM => mcvinalert@gmail.com <= FRAUD

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 pm 

WARNING: Scammers read thru this site too!That poster has been banned from the site... NEVER reply to ANY emails even if they are posted here on this site... you could fall victim again and we do not want that to happen... if you have any questions at all about any postings on this site please click on the "Report this post" button (looks like:!) found at the bottom right side of each post and we will check into it and take any appropriate actions necessary. Please be careful!

And thank you Biggles for helping keep our members safe! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:18 am 
Gold Member

Glad I was on hand to do a little research and expose the scammer. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 am 

Romanian

Nigerians are everywhere , i get in maill messages in Romanian language from Nigerians ,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:43 am 
Gold Member

Zachary wrote:
Of course that bank is still responsible with this
Not according to the law they are not. The responsibility is that of the person making the deposit. It's wrong yes, but that's the law. The only way it will change is when the law changes, and that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Zachary wrote:
how come they didn't even tell you that the money orders where fake?
Some tellers have been trained to recognise fake cheques and money orders, but with there being so many, how can anyone expect a teller to spot them all? Most tellers will simply say "deposit it and if it comes back we will know". That leaves you liable for prosecution too, despite what the teller has told you and even if you tell the teller it IS a fraud.
Zachary wrote:
I can't believe that banks also have flaws.
I hope you don't really mean that Zachary, considering the current world recession was caused by the banks and thier 'flaws'.