ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nigeria and scams
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:49 pm 

Is it always a scam with people claiming they are from Nigeria? Is there anyway to figure out whether or not you are getting scammed? I haven't been asked for money YET but I see the setup. I have always been alert at all the oddities of this girl but have kept an open mind (her english is somewhat poor when it comes to grammar which actually made her MORE believable). Background info, she claims to be from the UK but said she grew up in Nigeria. She says that she is 24 and works in an office helping orphans. Noble if true but that set off an alarm for some reason... I was wondering if she was an orphan who grew up or what not. That doesnt matter. What matters is she wants to come to the US for christmas. I said sure. She is in the process of getting a visa and says that she will claim to be my fiancee in order to guarentee her a visa. I said yea sure whatever helps you get here. Am I being scammed? She has sent me some very nice pictures of herself... which also alerted me... they seem professional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:52 pm 
scam...........what name is HE using. it is more than likely a man you are chatting with :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:56 pm 

Well I suspect its a scam as well but until I confront her/him, I will not disclose the name. Once confirmed, I will definately disclose the name. Any clue as to how to confront JUST in case? Also, any way to get this person back if I am getting scammed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:29 pm 
look up their email address of user name on google, they will use the same name over and over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:11 am 

You could go to 419eater.com and see if you find your new friend on there. There are many romance/dating scams shown there with many having pictures. Not all Nigerians are scammers and lumping all into one category is just not right. Yes I would think that the story she has told you is one that has been told over and over by scammers, and I do believe as you do that this is one, check out her email on google.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:14 pm 
Gold Member

I would try googling the email address, like armac suggested...you can also check these links out:

http://www.internet-love-scams.org/foru ... y.php?f=11
http://www.internet-love-scams.org/foru ... y.php?f=32

They are lists of known scammers. However, they don't have every scammer listed, so if you don't see his/her name on the list, that doesn't mean they aren't a scammer.

Post subject: i got tricked during 1 year of e-mailing and chating
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:42 pm 

Hi, i wanted to know where i could report a person Midrel Hilda from Lagos that tricked me out of $3600 not including what i have had to deal with with cash advance fees since!!.. I have checked her name and profile all over the internet as well as her e-mail address (midrelhilda@yahoo.com or midrelbeautyy@yahoo.com..or hilder-conga@yahoo.com) NOTHING came up.. she said all the right things and still to this past month tells me she is not a lier and her bank is holding her money and she has all these bribes to pay to get it back etc ( i was stupid to pay 4 of them).. i was stupid to belive her only because i could not find her as a listed scammer anywhere.. she is on http://www.jurgita.com as a listed model.

My friends tried to warn me but i was dumb in the long run.. we chatted often online.. even when my son was in the hospital and almost died she was very good at contacting me worried about him..etc.. things always came up.. and she promised me she would make everything up to me... i still want to kick myself.. well i hadnt heard from her in a few days and was searching asiafriendfinders.com and there was her picture on a profile of a totaly difernt person and name.. i contaced asiafriendfinders about this.. and i went searching to put her name on sites for beware... she even sent me a copy of her familys property that she was selling to bring her money with her... i should have been smart.. they are damn good at lieing and making a guy who is lonely coaxed into their game..

anyway hope everyone has a nice Christmas. mine was ruined for fake love. :(

Post subject: Re: i got tricked during 1 year of e-mailing and chating
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:52 pm 

redsfan4562 wrote:
Hi, i wanted to know where i could report a person Midrel Hilda from Lagos that tricked me out of $3600 not including what i have had to deal with with cash advance fees since!!.. I have checked her name and profile all over the internet as well as her e-mail address (midrelhilda@yahoo.com or midrelbeautyy@yahoo.com..or hilder-conga@yahoo.com) NOTHING came up.. she said all the right things and still to this past month tells me she is not a lier and her bank is holding her money and she has all these bribes to pay to get it back etc ( i was stupid to pay 4 of them).. i was stupid to belive her only because i could not find her as a listed scammer anywhere.. she is on http://www.jurgita.com as a listed model.

My friends tried to warn me but i was dumb in the long run.. we chatted often online.. even when my son was in the hospital and almost died she was very good at contacting me worried about him..etc.. things always came up.. and she promised me she would make everything up to me... i still want to kick myself.. well i hadnt heard from her in a few days and was searching asiafriendfinders.com and there was her picture on a profile of a totaly difernt person and name.. i contaced asiafriendfinders about this.. and i went searching to put her name on sites for beware... she even sent me a copy of her familys property that she was selling to bring her money with her... i should have been smart.. they are damn good at lieing and making a guy who is lonely coaxed into their game..

Let me just say this. You aren't alone. I went through almost the same situation as yours but lost over double what u lost in the end. It's hard but we move on and make for ourselves a real life.

Post subject: Re: i got tricked during 1 year of e-mailing and chating
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:27 am 

redsfan4562 wrote:

Sorry to hear of your story...I too was duped out of alot of money from some guy who claimed to live in Ireland but found out he was in Accra Ghana...he scammed me good...I am posting his pics wherever I can...to save someone else from losing their life savings...

Post subject: Re: Nigeria and scams
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 pm 

hi Wonder..
nice post..
i want to join in this site..
please acceot me..
thanks a lot and God Bless..

how to treat depression

Post subject: Re: Nigeria and scams
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:15 pm 

Now scammers are coming out of the woodwork. A new scammer to me from EZMatchup davidstaff1945@yahoo.com careful girls,he is suppose to be from Brooklyn, NY couldn't spell Brooklyn & didn't know where Syracuse, N Y is when i confronted him he bacame very abusive.

Another scammer is donwalker6357@yahoo.com, his picture is listed as a scammer, he says he is from Houston but his IP@says he is from somewhere else. Both suppose widowers with enormous income all lies. you have been warned.