ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lucas-Van Zenten -- gem scam - Linda Stocker Cecil Starkman
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:54 am 

I am a victem of LVZ. I learned of this yesterday 08.31.09. I invested 15,000 with Kristine Lavallee. I put the emeralds in my safe to resell later. Well later was yesterday. I received a call from her last year from Ohio. She stated she was visiting a friend. I would give anything to find her. Larry Eisenberg is in federal prison. I called the FBI in NY. He will be released soon but will be on supervised release. Again I would do anything to find Kristine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:14 pm 

I chose the username "screwed" because I've been part of the middle class being overworked and underpaid. I was that way when I was contacted by Cecil Starkman in 2007 and I purchased gems (~$30K) from him as an investment as a means of trying to get ahead. When Lucas Van Zenten's website disappeared I was very shocked and concerned because I was very clear with Cecil that I needed to have my gems sold by November, 2007. I did a web search for Lucas Van Zenten. I saw the posting to contact Rich Cinnamo which I did. He said there was no money left and they were unaware of me when the trial had ended. I've kept in touch with him but there is no indication I am going to receive any of my money back. I've been unemployed for months now (not able to find work) direct result of sending our manufacturing overseas because we are "too costly" here in the U.S. I sure could do with every penny back! Can anyone help? I did have a local jeweler look at the gems. He said he would guess they are worth about 10% of what I purchased them for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:20 pm 

I am very sorry for your loss due to this scam. I don't have any advice, though. Maybe someone here will. Good luck to you and I hope that one day they find all of these people and lock them up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:39 pm 

I was ripped off by a woman named Gloria Prosterman. She was very pushy and actually claimed she had never gotten someone to the level I was at in such a short time. She called me weekly and then the calls stopped coming. I am stuck with 4 "emeralds" and I'm out about $15,000. Suddenly the calls just stopped. When I called them, they said she had a breakdown and they could not get the passwords to her accounts. I retire in about a year and I plan on tracking them down any way I can. Does anyone know if any of the gems that they sold are worth anything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:46 pm 

Hi scammedbylvz, I'm sorry for your experience. "Linda Stocker" reportedly ran off too without leaving her passwords or computer codes. What are the odds? When was the last contact you had with them?

I have one "jewel" but I haven't had it appraised. I was told that much of what they sold was less than perfect but once you open the sealed box to have it appraised you can't prove the damage was done before you opened it.

There is much information in this thread about the experiences of others. I hope some of it helps you. Let us know if you have any updates. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:30 pm 

Last contact was late 2007. I did not know of chance to reclaim any money. found out after court case. When I retire it will be my mission to find Ms. Prosterman...I figure she'll set up a scam somewhere and I will reply. I'll never forget that voice. I will find her and nail her good. I learned my lesson at a big expense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:56 am 

I know what you mean about not forgetting her voice. I would recognize "Linda's" as well. They are probably one in the same. Keep in touch on this board with your efforts. All are interested.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 pm 

My relative just received another check from the court! After all this time -- needless to say, we are thrilled!! I hope others of you have similar good fortune soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:49 pm 

Spake - what great news!!! I hope everyone involved gets most of their money back. I wonder daily if this group of scammers is operating under a different name.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:20 pm 

I just received another check today as well!!!! No explanation of any sort, just a check from district court in NY. Same as the previous. I wonder why this has come alive again after all this time? :D

At first I was wondering what it was for so I came back to the website and see the checks are going out again. Maybe they found more of the dudes assets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:31 pm 

Wondering why more people haven't posted with good news.

Post subject: Spake, I have good news too!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 pm 

My husband and I have been out of town which is why I haven't posted an update for myself. I did also receive another check! Yay! I would encourage anyone who hasn't to contact Mr. Cinnamo (email address removed by admin . . . it is not safe to post email addresses on an open message board, as it can be picked up by scammers and spam)

:D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:26 am 

such a good news..thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:46 am 

Thanks to the administration of this board for editing my message above.
Anyone who needs the information can message me.
:D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 pm 

I too was scammed by this man and his son. Outrageous lies, and concealment of the truth. IS he out of prison ?? There are more family members involved ! Lets get justice !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next