ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ebay Selling Question..... Shipping scam??
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:36 pm 

Hello i'm currently selling my 1st item on Ebay, it is a car in victoria Australia, someone emailed me regarding the purchace who lives in the UK.

He wanted to buy the car straight away (The cars Auto is broken and has dints and stuff) worth about 50 Bucks, he wanted to buy it for $500 and make me end the Ebay Auction.

At 1st I couldn't believe my luck, he wants to use paypal and i sent a request regarding the money for $500AU, he gave me $800AU and the terms were that i pay his broker also in the UK $300AU for Transportation of the Item by Western Union Money Transfer.

I Emailed Paypal regarding the transaction and they assured me it's common practice and they confirmed the amount they were holding.

It could be true and he wants a worthless car but i don't see him getting it transported to the UK for $300AU.

Do i go ahead with the transaction and use MY OWN MONEY for the transfer and hope i get the $800AU back from PayPal?

Any help would be great!

Post subject: Re: Ebay Selling Question..... Shipping scam??
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:53 pm 

This is definately a scam... keep your money as you won't see any from them... dealing locally is the best option for selling a car.... always remember "if it sounds too good to be true... it almost always is"! Better to play it safe than end up getting burned. You already have a "bad" feeling about it and one's intuition is always a safe bet to follow. I've seen this same scam over and over again... the money will never make it to your account.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 pm 

i've emailed PayPal twice regarding my concerns and both times they assured me it's a safe transaction..... But they almost look like automated messages.

Do they even care??

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:16 am 

Yeah and the banks will tell you a counterfeit check is good too.... until it "comes back" and then it becomes "your" fault and "your" problem... trust me I've been doing this a long time... it's a scam. Using Paypal they can do a chargeback claiming they never received the goods or they use a stolen credit card and there have also been cases where the Paypal account was a stolen account... either way you would lose out... to be safe, always do money transactions locally to avoid any problems.

I've put a link below to a YouTube video about "Paypal Reverse Scams"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_7--e5A1g

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:55 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I just wanted to say that I agree with EVERYTHING ximora says . . . it is a scam, 100%
Don't do it

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:09 pm 

Jmcgrath29 -- IT IS a 100% SCAM!!

I too have a car up 4 sale on 'carsales.com.au' and I have had 3 similar requests from New York, Malaysia and the out back of Australia in a mining camp.

It all sounds plausible but it is a 100% SCAM.

I wrote back and advised each of them that I do not have a PayPal a/c and advised I am not interested. I did ask them to have their 'agent' bring me the CASH when they pick up the car.. Since my reply, the silence has been deafening!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:20 pm 

The way the scam works,

I emailed the buyer that I had requested money to his paypal account, they also have an email account the looks to be a PayPal email "service@intl.paypal.com" they send a confimation of money transfer from what looks to be PayPal WRONG and my mistake was when I inquired i emailed back to them instead of PayPal (Just clicked the bottom of the FAKE EMAIL).

What I don't understand is how they got my Full Name, I suppose my email address gives some of it away and I guess having an account on facebook does the rest.

I will put up the email responses in the hope more people don't get caught out

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:49 pm 

Read from bottom up (Just copyied from Email Folder)

These are emails from the buyer to me in regards to the sale of my vehicle
next i will post emails that i thought were from paypal

Date: 3 September 2010 7:58:05 PM AEST
To: my email
Subject: RE: Transfer Completed!!!

Alright, I will be expecting your email.

Regards.

> Subject: Re: Transfer Completed!!!
> From: my email
> Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:47:52 +1000
> To: faithhass@hotmail.com
>
> It's 7:42 pm here so it can't be done until tomorrow.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 03/09/2010, at 7:32 PM, Imran Hassan <faithhass@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I will like to know if you have transferred the money to the freight agent address so that they can get ready for the pick up. I await your message.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > > Subject: Re: Transfer Completed!!!
> > > From: my email
> > > Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:10:34 +1000
> > > To: faithhass@hotmail.com
> > >
> > > Okay found it, it is Friday and I'm not sure if western union are open tomorrow I'll let you know
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPhone
> > >
> > > On 03/09/2010, at 3:52 PM, Imran Hassan <faithhass@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > As per the e-mail PayPal sent to me which is also similar to yours, Yes you will have to pay $300 out of your own pocket through western union to my agent address given to you.
> > > >
> > > > After you send the money $300 through western union a receipt will be given to you at the western union office.
> > > >
> > > > So you will scan the western union receipt and address it to a mail then reply to paypal confirmation email with it.
> > > >
> > > > Once you do that then PayPal verify the western union detail and confirm everything valid then they will release your total amount into your account include the western union charges.
> > > >
> > > > The money will only reflect in your account until you reply back to the confirmation email you received from PayPal by sending the MTCN number of the $300 that is to be send to my pick up agent so that they can come for the pick up..if you have gone through the email you received from PayPal very well regarding the payment i made...you must have been notify about all this so i hope you understand and go ahead and send the $300 then get back to PayPal with the western union information so that they will release the whole fund into your account without any delay. I will advice you to check your inbox or spam mail of junk am sure you will find the paypal confirmation email in one of those box.
> > > >
> > > > I hope you understand now.....
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Subject: Re: Transfer Completed!!!
> > > > > From: my email
> > > > > Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:45:27 +1000
> > > > > To: faithhass@hotmail.com
> > > > >
> > > > > No payment has been received, and in your previous messages you said you will organize your own transportation of the item, I will give you all of my details once payment has been received at my end.
> > > > >
> > > > > Sent from my iPhone
> > > > >
> > > > > On 03/09/2010, at 3:24 PM, Imran Hassan <faithhass@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > > I have just completed the Payment of the item and i am sure you have received the confirmation from PayPal regarding the Payment, you can check your paypal e-mail for confirmation of payment. I want you to send me your address so that the pick up can be arranged, the item would be picked up by the Courier Exchange Logistics Company which I've been using for a while and they're very reliable. I made an extra payment $300 and i am sure you noticed that, you'll have to send the extra amount to the Shipping Company through Western Union right away, so that they can come ahead for the pick up and also you should send your address where they have to come for the pick up and also the necessary Western Union Payment Information. I will need you to send the excess fund to my pick up agent Headquarters where they normally confirm any commission payment to via western union money transfer(this can be done from the post office, as they usually have a western union agent there). Here is my pick up agent Headquarter info needed to send the money through Western Union.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > NAME : Ahmad Harry
> > > > > > ADDRESS : 80 Marylebone High Street,
> > > > > > COUNTY : London
> > > > > > CITY : England
> > > > > > POSTAL CODE : W1U 4RY
> > > > > > COUNTRY : United Kingdom.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I am sure you have all my name and address for all documentations regarding the item, and all other documentations should be prepared by my Pick Up Agent. You should send the money soon so that the Pick Up would be scheduled and you would know when the Pick Up would commence, make sure you're home. I advice you to check both your inbox or junk/spam folder for the payment confirmation message. So just make sure you send the extra amount to the Shipping Company right away so that you can get your money immediately. It's Nice Doing Business With You. Get to mail me back soon with your address.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Regards.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Subject: Re: Ford laser
> > > > > > > From: my email
> > > > > > > Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:26:19 +1000
> > > > > > > To: faithhass@hotmail.com
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I can send you video of it running, and it will just sell for whatever the final eBay price is. I guess I could put a buy it now price on it, which it would be like $500, but simply put if it goes for 1cent whatever I have another car so it doesn't really matter to me
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Sent from my iPhone
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > On 02/09/2010, at 6:16 PM, Imran Hassan <faithhass@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Hi mate, I have looked at it a few times now, and after looking around, i'm satisfied with the great condition but what's your actual price for it. I love a bargain, so i would like to get it as soon as i can. I would be able to make payment through paypal, i find it the easiest way to use my credit card safely and is a safe and reliable method of payment... Let me know your price for it . I hope to hear from you soon, and i will make all transportation preparations for the it to be transported to my home in London,UK. If possible can you send me some recent picture or video of the item ?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > -Cheers-
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Subject: Ford laser
> > > > > > > > > From: my email
> > > > > > > > > Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:28:44 +1000
> > > > > > > > > To: faithhass@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > It was serviced last about 6,000km ago.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Do you have anyone to repair the transmission?
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Sent from my iPhone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:00 am 

The first PayPal FAKE email

From: "service@intl.paypal.com" <p.aypalcontactsupport@accountant.com>
Date: 3 September 2010 3:20:11 PM AEST
Subject: Notification of An Instant Merchandise Payment Received from Imran Hassan (Transaction ID: 4WR6072127779652U)

Hello (my FULL name),

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of $800.00 AUD from Imran Hassan (faithhass@hotmail.com) via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service.

Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.

View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Merchandise Amount: $500.00 AUD

Transport Charges:
Taxes and Insurance:

Total:
$300.00 AUD
-------

$800.00 AUD

Transaction: 4WR6072127779652U
Quantity: 1
MERCHANDISE Title: Ford Laser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transport Company: " COURIER EXCHANGE "

Address: Mr Ahmad Harry
80 Marylebone High Street,
London, W1U 4RY,
United Kingdom

Address Status: Confirmed

NOTE: This is to confirm to you that the said amount has been successfully transferred by the Sender and been deducted from his Account which is ready to be credited into your account, been that this Payment has been subjected to be a Payment for an MERCHANDISE purchased from you, we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and secured also to verify the legitimacy level on this transaction because of the high sum of funds involved.

The above sum has Included the transport charges and taxes as we and the Transport Company quoted for the buyer (as per PayPal MERCHANDISE PAYMENT POLICY). You will receive a Message from the PayPal Customer Verification Department Shortly informing you on how to send the Transport fares and taxes to the transport company with the above details as soon as possible.

You may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply directly to this email by using the reply button in your Mail Box and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.

Sincerely,

The PayPal Team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 am 

both the reply emails from FAKE PayPal "service@intl.paypal.com"

From: "service@intl.paypal.com" <p.aypalcontactsupport@accountant.com>
Date: 4 September 2010 1:39:09 PM AEST
Subject: Re: Transaction Match Found - Transaction ID: 4WR6072127779652U

Hello (My FULL Name),

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Transaction with Imran Hassan. We want you to know that you don't need to have any doubt concerning this transaction because the buyer is a verified PayPal user and We are assuring you that this transaction is safe. So get back to us with the required Western Union Money Transfer Information for verification.

We expect to read back from you with any question. Once again be rest assured that you will have your Money, Once the Western Union Information is received from you for verification.

Thanks for choosing PayPal as your online payment, We promise to provide you with and very fast and secured transaction.
Sincerely,
A. Williams,
The PayPal Team.

2nd Email

Date: 3 September 2010 7:18:21 PM AEST
Subject: Transaction Match Found - Transaction ID: 4WR6072127779652U

Hello (My FULL Name),

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Transaction with Imran Hassan. The Transaction will appear as soon as the western union information is received from you. We want to Notify you that a payment of $800.00 AUD for a merchandise has been deposited into our database by Imran Hassan and is ready to be credited into your account, the Money was sent through the Service Option Secure Payment so that the transaction can be protected with adequate security measures for you to be able to receive your money. You have nothing to doubt about, You are well safe and secured doing this transaction and your account will be credited immediately the western union receipt of $300.00 AUD is receive from you.

So therefore, all you have to do now is to proceed to send the $300.00 AUD through Western Union Money Transfer to the confirmed address and make sure you contact us with the Necessary Western Union details so that we can verify it and then credit your account.

You are required to send the western union information as stated below.

(1) Sender's Name;
(2) Receiver's Name;
(3) MTCN;
(4) Amount Sent;
(5) Western Union Receipt.

We assure you that this is a safe and approved transaction and your account will be credited immediately we verify the Western Union details. You can contact us anytime if you have any question(s) about this transaction. We want you to understand that the money payment can't be reversed nor can it be canceled or split, so we assure you that you are 100% SECURED doing this transaction.

Once again be rest assured that you will have your Money, Once the Western Union Information is received from you for verification.

Thanks for choosing PayPal as your online payment, We promise to provide you with and very fast and secured transaction.
Sincerely,
A. Williams,
The PayPal Team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

This is a great example of how the scammers can spoof a company, like Paypal. Many would think that they are interacting with the REAL company.

Thank you for posting this.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 pm 

I have just been through this.
This happened all today (09/05/2012). Hope it helps
Below is the email trail. Blue is his comments, Red is my replies. Read from the bottom up.
there were two emails prior in which he advised he would be willing to pay for my items for a total of $550, to which I agreed. Then the rest followed........
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is fake so you may as well stop emailing me. I am not paying your account, and if you lost money then too bad as I never agreed to pay your shipper with my own funds.

now bugger off!

------------------------------------------
To: s.bhana@bigpond.com;
Subject: Re: payment sent
I will like to inform you that the funds will not be authorized to
your account without receiving the money transfer details for the
refund from you as PayPal will be responsible for any loss that might
incur in this transaction if proper security measures are not taken
and you should understand that the funds has been debited completely
from my account and i did not have any access to this funds until your
account is been credited therefore my account has been placed under
limited access by paypal trust and safety department because they said
i made attempt in claiming the funds back to my account without any
legal notification for security purpose so i urge you to proceed with
the money transfer asap

On 5/9/12, s.bhana@bigpond.com <s.bhana@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can cancel the payment as I wont be sending any money to Western Union
> money Transfer.
> If you want the goods shipped, then you can settle that transaction
> yourself. I will not be paying for the transfer in hope that I will receive
> the funds back from paypal.
>
> If you want to purchase the items come down and pay in cash, but I refuse to
> make any payments to your shipper on your behalf before I receive payment of
> the goods. That is just ludicrous!!!!
>
> Thanks but no thanks.
> Samir.
>

> ________________________________
> On 09/05/2012 11:43 AM Janet Cool wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I just completed the payment via PayPal,check both your email box and
> your spam mail box to see if there is any kind of confirmation payment
> from paypal,a total of $1200 was sent,$550 for the merchandise and the
> extra $650 for my shipper's charges and Western Union fee,which you
> will be sending to the address below via western union
>
> Jerry Maxwell
> 91 Woolwich New Road,
> Woolwich,London,
> SE18 6EF
> United Kingdom.
>
> My shipper would be coming around to your area to have the merchandise
> picked up once you have sent the shipping charges fee to them,as i
> need you to let me know what time you want them to come and where
> (your address & phone # you can be reached on)
> I will be waiting to hear from you once the money has been sent to my
> shipper.
> Thanks for the business.
>
> Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 pm 

I am glad you realize this is a scam. I really enjoy reading your emails to him. :lol: I almost edited what I thought was your email address then I realize it was not real.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php