ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shipping Scam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 pm 

I know this has been hashed out quite a bit on here, but I thought I'd post my interaction with these clowns. When I first received his email, I checked the properties of the email, found the originating IP address, and traced it to South Africa. I knew immediately something was up. Also, when he was talking about purchasing our products, he had no concern about purchasing in bulk at list price. I knew this was BS, but played along to find out to get more details and uncover the scam. When he provided the shipping company info, that's all I needed to find this site. I'm posting our interaction below. For my last email, I'm going to cut and paste Brian's last response, only changing the addressee name to suit. After all, most of there emails are rehashed over and over again to each intended victim. Why not play their game. Maybe they'll get the idea if they keep receiving the same response everytime they attempt the scam. Just my thoughts.

Hello Mike,

You are not the first to try this and I assume you will not be the last, your frt company does not exsist
please move on to your next intended target and stop wasting my time.

Or you could do the right thing and go directly to the police station, turn yourself
in and tell them you have been stealing peoples hard earned money and you
would like to repent and pay all those poor unsuspecting people back no matter
what it takes.

But... I suspect you will just keep stealing and being the low life you are.

Todd
Urns of America

Todd.

Am sorry to say this but can you please send me an email with the total cost of an individual. i don't want to be a dealer anymore.

Regards
Mr Mike Wilson

--- On Thu, 1/14/10, Urns of America <

Subject: Re: Shipping Information....
To: "Mike Wilson" <w.mike111@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 4:41 PM

Mike,

Thanks for your order. Please create an account for your company on our website http://www.urnsofamerica.com. Once you complete that, I will set you up with the dealer discount at which time you can place your order online with your credit card. All transactions go through our ecommerce payment gateway for credit card authorization and processing.

Thanks for your interest,

Todd
----- Original Message -----
To: Urns of America
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:05 AM
Subject: Shipping Information....

Todd,

Thank you very much for the quote and prices and information on the order i am very happy to go ahead with this order and i wanted you to know that i am sending this order to an industrial Company in West Africa. I will really want to recommend you to a shipping company which will come to your location to pick up this materials from you and ship it over to the Company. i would like you to send an email to the shipping company with your location address, quantities and sizes of the product and also the delivery address
of the Company below.
DELIVERY ADDRESS.
PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
Mr Jonathan Obeng, (Cor-ordinator)
SUHUM, POSTAL ADDRESS:
445 Suhum Road. Accra
P.O.BOX 281 Suhum
Eastern Region Ghana

And below is the contact info for the shippers i want you to send
an email to get me a freight quote.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR SHIPPERS.
Company Name: Gem Shipping Company.
Contact Person: Mr. Chris Lee
Company's Direct E-mail: Gemshippers@cooltoad.com

I would kindly like you to go ahead and send an email to the shippers with your location address and the delivery address and then the quantities and sizes of the materials and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location to pack the materials from your warehouse and ship it out to the Company address.As soon as you hear back from the shipping company, add the cost of the material to that of the shipping fee and email me the grand total so that i can make the full payment for you to place the order for me. As soon as you receive this email try and get in touch with the shippers to get me the quote. I will look forward to do business with you after this one has succeeded.
Kindly advise.
Regards.....
Mr Mike Wilson

--- On Thu, 1/14/10, Urns of America

Subject: Re: Message from Urns of America
To: "Mike Wilson" <w..mike111@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 3:51 PM

Mike,

Please be advised that stocking dealers enjoy a 20% discount on all our products. For domestic U.S. shipping, we offer all our dealers free ground shipping and we further understand that all payments are by credit card. Therefore, the list price of the keepsake urns is $31.20 each. The cost to you for the full 100 items purchased would total $3120.00 USD.

Please inform us how you wish to proceed.

Thanks and best regards,

Todd Witengier
Urns of America
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:13 AM

Todd,

Thank you for the email. I would wish much to be a dealer. But i would liek you to know that before i become a dealer, all my product i would be buying would be sent out side state and that i where i have my company. Let me say i would like to be a dealer of your product. kindly email me with the price of the offered quantity dealer discount. Also i would be using my credit card for the charges. Kindly advise and get back to me.

Regards
Mr Mike Wilson

--- On Wed, 1/13/10, Urns of America

Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 10:41 PM

Mike,

Before I quote you a price, I need to confirm if you wish to become a dealer of our products. The prices on the website are for individual purchases. If you wish to become a dealer and order in quantities, we would offer a quantity dealer discount.

Thanks and best regards,

Todd Witengier
Urns of America
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:23 PM

Todd,

Thank you for the email. As at now i would nto need shipping. I would be recommending a freight company which would in to your shop and make the pick up for me.. Kindly advise on the cost of the product.

Regards
Mr Mike Wilson

Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 9:21 PM

Dear Mr. Wilson,

In order to calculate the sales tax, we will need your shipping address as well as the name of your company. There is no charge for ground shipping domestically here in the United States. Currently, we have 100 units of each in stock, however, 76 units in each urn style have been spoken for. Can you accept a partial shipment of 24ea in both urn styles with the balance to be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks? We can ship the 48 units that we currently have in stock as soon as tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Todd Witengier
Urns of America

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:29 PM

Todd,
Thank you for the email and i really appreciate that. I have viewed the website and below is what i would like to order for.

Brass Keepsake Urn with Brushed Stainless Steel Finish
Price =$39.00
Quantity : 50

Brass Keepsake Urn with Blue Pebbled Finish
Price =$39.00
Quantity : 50

Above is what i would like to order for. I would like you to calculate and get back to me with the total cost and also let me know how much is would cost for the total of 100 Brass Keepsake urns at the price of $39.00. Remember i would be making payment with my Credit card. I would be looking forward to your email.
Regards
Mr Mike Wilson

To: "Mike Wilson" <W...mike111@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 4:26 PM

Dear Mr. Wilson,

All of our products are displayed on our website, including pricing at http://www.urnsofamerica.com. That said, from your list we carry pet urns and keepsake urns. We do not stock marble, glass, or ceramic urns. Our specialty is the cubic urns, which are available in two different sizes and four different colors and are fashioned with an applique of which you have many to choose from. Overseas shipping would be handled F..O.B. St. Louis, MO USA. Free ground shipping is availabe for domestic U.S.. orders.

Thank you for your interest,

Todd Witengier
Urns of America
866-794-9464

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Wilson" <
To: <
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:27 AM
Subject: Message from Urns of America

Email: W.mike111@yahoo.com

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Sir/ Madam,

How are you doing.. I hope you are doing well. Am actually sending an
email regarding an order on some Urns. I would need to make some purchase on
some urns and i need you to get back to me with the price list of the Pet
Urns, Marble Urns, Glass Urns, Keepsake Urns and the Ceramic Urns. I don't
know which one you have in stock, but i would like you to look through your
inventory and get back to me with the price list of the those urns. In any
case you don't have any of the listed urns in stock, kindly email me with
the those you have in stock then i can choose through. Also let me know the
form of payment you accept for special order then we can proceed. I would be
looking forward to your email.

Regards
Mr Mike Wilson

------------------------------------------------------

Office Use Only:
Email: W.mike111@yahoo.com
Login Name: Not logged in
Login Email: Not logged in
IP Address: 41.210.5.201 - 41.210.5.201
Host Address: adsl5201.4u.com.gh
Date and Time: Wed Jan 13 2010 5:27:42 MST

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:37 am 

Thanks for the headsup, we had gotten half way thro quoting for this POS before I thought to google the freight co. We figured it was weird so quoted her a high price which she accepted without hesitation and asked us to email faithcargoshipping@gmail.com.

She claimed to be in Manchester, UK.

Her emails from maryjay57@yahoo.com

"Good day,

My name is Mrs.Mary Jay and l want to order some flyer's and i will need the Qty 100,000 with the size of 8.5''x11'' in full copies Blue Ink on Orange Paper.l need this message on the flyer's (GIVE & IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU) and should be printed double sided.I want you to go ahead and quote me the total pick up prices plus tax and also advise me the method of of payment you accept foe us to proceed.Hope to hear from you as soon.

Thank You.
Mrs.Mary Jay."
---------------------------------------
"Hello,

Thank you very much for the price on the order i will like to go ahead with the order so i will like you to know am located in Manchester but am sending these order to a orphanage home in Ghana West Africa and there is a shipping company i want to recommend them to you that will come to you and pick the order up as soon as it is paid for and ready for pick up. I want you to send an email to the shippers and request a freight cost from them so that i can pay everything to you okay so here is the details you need to email the shippers so that they can be able to give you a freight cost okay.

. Quantities and kind of products. The shippers does not require the weight because they will put it in their own boxes so no need to email them weight okay just email them the quantities and kind of products.

. You location address where the shippers will come and pick the order.

. The delivery address of where the order is being sent to and below is the delivery address.

Mr. Gerald Barry.
4571 Tempani Ave.
Accra-Ghana.002333.

So these are the only information's you need to send to the shippers to get the freight cost from them okay and below is the contact details for the freight company. The best way to contact them is by e-mail okay here is the details.

Name of Shippers: Faith Cargo Shipping company Ltd.
Customer Service E-mail: faithcargoshipping@gmail.com
Company E-mail:
Manager Name: Chris Lee.
Working Hours: 24hrs a day 7 days a week.

Please I want you to send an email to the freight company now and get the cost back from the shippers okay and as soon as you get the cost here is what i will like you to e-mail me back.

Shipping Cost:
Cost Of Order:
Credit Card Surcharges:
Total cost:

As soon I receive the total cost I will call you on the phone and i will provide you my credit card details to charge the full payment okay so you can go ahead and place the order and when it is ready you can send an email to the shippers again and ask them to come for the pick up okay. Thank you very much for the understanding to these e-mail I will look forward to ready from you shortly with the grand total cost. Thank you.

Best regards.....
Mrs.Mary Jay"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 pm 

Hey guys,

Was contacted earlier today by 'Mike Wilson' from the,

KINGS ROYAL MISSION CHURCH
Mr Jonathan Obeng
SUHUM, POSTAL ADDRESS:
445 Suhum Road. Accra
P.O.BOX 281 Suhum
Eastern Region Ghana

I knew something was up straight of as my Google campaigns were not set to show outside the UK. I was just wondering if any of you guys we contacted just after a new Google ad word campaign has gone live. Reason i ask is i had my sight down for a re-develop and the mo it was back up I get an attempted scam.

Not sure if it is coincidence or if they are monitoring new Google campaigns? Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:50 pm 

I am currently being asked to ship to the same address by a Mike Wilson. A Florida phone number was given as the contact, but I have been called from a number in Guana. The shipping company is Gem Shipping. I can find no such company on the web. MY question is, what is the scam? Why do they say they want to send 15 signs to Ghana?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:50 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

houts wrote:
MY question is, what is the scam? Why do they say they want to send 15 signs to Ghana?

The scam is that when they go to pay for the items, they will send you a cashier's check. The check will turn out to be counterfeit, but by the time the bank finds out that it is counterfeit you have already shipped the items . . . or, the check will be for too much and you will be asked to wire the overage back to them . . . or once they know you have the check they will cancel the order and ask you to wire all of the money to them. In any case, the check will be counterfeit and if you wire the money to them, once the bank finds out that it is counterfeit they will hold you liable for returning the money.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm 

That makes sense. Thanks! I wasn't going to do anything without a cleared check, but I'll stop wasting time on it. It just didn't make sense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 am 
Gold Member

houts wrote:
I wasn't going to do anything without a cleared check.

To add to what Shawn has said, and to hit hard on the point. You may very well get the cheque cleared, and funds deposited in your account. Sending any money onwards then leaves you liable once the bank find out the cheque is a fraud, or if you sent your goods, you loose those too.

The difference in time between a bank depositing the funds and actually verifying that the cheque is genuine, is exactly what the fraudsters are abusing.

The only time you get notice, is when your account gets frozen and (depending on where you are), you get a knock on the door and a warrant for your arrest shoved in your face.

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:58 am 

Another words... just because the bank says your check has cleared doesn't mean they know yet that it's a counterfeit... it could take a couple of months for that to happen... never trust it when a bank says it's cleared. Please go to the link below for a better explanation:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3005&p=14914&hilit=cleared#p14914

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Thanks guys for following up and clarifying things while I was away from the board. I am lucky to have good people to cover for me when I cannot get back to the message board right away.

Our case is a perfect example of this . . . our bank told us that our check was "clear", "good" and "verified" . . . then a week later they called us and told us it was counterfeit and that we owed them the money.

http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/our_story.htm

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:38 am 

This gentleman is still at it. He has tried to order wine from me and wanted me to use a shipping company called Gem Shipping Company. The original enquiry came from Gary Smith with an Army address of 33 Engineers Regiment 58 FD Squadron, Wimbish, Essex.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:57 am 

Yes - He's still at it! He's been emailing me for the last few days, but because I was suspicious from the outset, I decided to go along with it for a while to find out what he gains from it all. Thanks to this site, my suspicions were confirmed. He's now using the name NICK BROWN and again, he wants to know shipping costs. The shipping company is fictitious, as is the address he gave in Manchester ( I googled it ). Thanks to admin for explaining how they gain from this scam.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

VPK wrote:
Thanks to admin for explaining how they gain from this scam.

Your welcome 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:14 pm 

Hi...Just found your site after I got hit by a scammer... Thanks for all the information. Listed below is some of the conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
This is Mr. David Blaine sending an e-mail with regards to the types of {Water Hose} that you do have in stock now. Please kindly give me the specific ones, Types, sizes and with their price cost which includes Sales Tax and also advice me with the method of payment that you do accept.

Thank you
Mr. David Blaine
1515 S Drake Ave
Chicago, IL 60623-21980
blained_1z.net49@yahoo.com
Tel...773-787-8787
----------------
Hello David
We carry bulk Gates Hose and sell it by the foot. The hose does not comes with connectors but we do sell them.
Price does not include shipping. We do carry some heavy duty, small garden type hose.
We accept payment via MC/VISA/PayPal
Rick
------------------
Afternoon,
Thanks for the response with regards to my recent order of Water Hose . Am really much interested on this Item the Master Flex 500 in 6" size and will like to make a purchases of this for my new construction company . Actually will like to spend about $6300.00 on them
Please advice the quantities that i will get, really looking forward in completing with this order with my Master Card Info's . Do advice and get back to me as soon as possible .
Regards Mr. Blaine
---------------

Thank you for the message, with regards to my recent order of Water hose . Actually will like to make a purchases of this Item the Master Flex 500 , 6" Lay Flat hose for my new company out side state . Since i will be spending $6300.00 on them . And am recommending you to kindly go ahead and get in touch with my shipping company for the Freight quote . After payment of the product has been made before they pick up .
Below is the details info's of my Freight company;

Name : Secured.CargoLogistics shipping Co. Ltd
Contact Name : Justin Rodriguez
Contact E-mail: Secured.CargoLogistics@gmail.com

Below is what the freight company will need to get you a freight quote:
Pick up location(Address).
Weight and dimension.
And the name of the Units.

Email them with the total weight,Dimensions , and your location
address and ask them for the Freight charges to the new company and their
method of payment.Their email address again is Secured.CargoLogistics@gmail.com
Thanks and i will be in the a conference meeting later
Tomorrow to Bahamas with my wife and i will still keep in contact
with you by email.Thanks and i am
really looking forward in completing this order.
Regards.........
David Blaine
Let me know immediately if you have the shipping charges. Still looking forward to proceed with my order with my Master Card Info's .Please do advice and get back to me as soon as possible .Below is
the delivery address
Delivery address:
Orphans Homes Co. Ltd
5491 out land Road.
Accra-Ghana...
West Africa
Hope to hear from you soonest.
Regards
Mr. Blaine

RIck
--- On Tue, 8/3/10, David Blaine <blained_1z.net49@yahoo.com> wrote:
avid Blaine <blained_1z.net49@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hose (Jamieson Machine)
o:>
Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 3:50 PM

Afternoon,
Thanks for the response with regards to my recent order of Water Hose . Am really much interested on this Item the Master Flex 500 in 6" size and will like to make a purchases of this for my new construction company . Actually will like to spend about $6300.00 on them
Please advice the quantities that i will get, really looking forward in completing with this order with my Master Card Info's . Do advice and get back to me as soon as possible
Regards
Mr. Blaine
Sorry, I think I have notified the wrong shipper and address. Would you please tell me the right address?
I am sending so many order to Africa...They all need hose too. Are they part of your same organization ? I figure you could save some shipping if they all went on the same truck.

Now I am getting mixed up which one is you?

DELIVERY ADDRESS.
South African Charity Homes and Orphans
02154 Old Lisbeth street Ave.
South Africa, Johannesburg,00451
or
Orphans Homes Co. Ltd
5491 out land Road.
Accra-Ghana...
West Africa
or
Jehovah Rapha Children’s Home - Ghana
SUHUM, POSTAL ADDRESS:
445 Suhum Road. Accra
P.O.BOX 281 Suhum
Eastern Region Ghana
or
C/O Rev Paul Jewell
66 Slave Street
Accra..Ghana...00233
or
Moore's Motel.
4567 Jourg street.
South Africa, 00455, JournessBurg,
or
U.S. Government Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI ATLANTA) blained_1z.net49@yahoo.com
2635 Century Pkwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404) 679-9000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I have a media person that wants to speak to people that have been scammed and charities were used in the scam. Anyone willing to speak about their story? This could be a great way to educate others about these scams.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:44 pm 

Hi - Yep these guys are still on the loose - luckily because of Ebay Scams I became aware of these berks very quickly after they agreed to a £40,000 handling fee.

A copy of the later dialog is attatched for future victims - all the best KEITH

To: Keith Hickman
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 7:55 PM
Subject: Re: Shed enquiry

Keith,

Thank you very much for the quote and prices and information on the order.As at now i would like to proceed on with this order and i would like you to that i would be shipping this West Africa and i don't know if you ship that territory. For now i would want to recommend you to a shipping company which will come to your location to pick up this order from you and ship it over to the delivery destination. I would like you to send an email to the shipping company with your location address, quantities and sizes of the product and also the delivery address below.

DELIVERY ADDRESS.
Mr Jonathan Obeng
445 Suhum Road. Accra
P.O.BOX 281 Suhum
Eastern Region Ghana
And below is the contact info for the shippers i want you to send an email
to get me a freight quote.

CONTACT DETAILS FOR SHIPPERS.
Company Name: Gem Shipping Company.
Contact Person: Mr. Mark Brown
Contact Person's Direct E-mail : Gem.shippers@yahoo.com
Company's Direct E-mail: Gemshippers@cooltoad.com

I would kindly like you to go ahead and send an email to the shippers with your location address and the delivery address and then the quantities and sizes of the materials and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location to pack the materials from your warehouse and ship it out to the company's address.As soon as you hear back from the shipping company, add the cost of the material to that of the shipping fee and email me the grand total so that i can make the full payment for you to place the order for me. As soon as you receive this email try and get in touch with the shippers to get me the quote. I will look forward to do business with you after this one has succeeded.

Kindly advise.
Regards.....
Smith

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next