ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Emil Scheringer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:38 am 

It is the board administrators decision as to what can and cannot be posted on the board... bashing of any kind is prohibited as per our policies which the poster agrees to when posting on this board. Using the word "greedy" is part of that and is therefore removed from the post. This is a final decision and any further bashing will not be tolerated. Further violations will result in a permanent ban. Please keep the post within the subject matter. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am 

If something looks too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true. For all those who want to avoid being scammed, be wary of someone offering you two to three times your "investment." Is someone really going to compensate another to that extent for a few days use of their money? My apology for the use of the word "greedy." I hope the victims get their money back, and the convicted receive just punishment. I also hope that people reading this blog will thoroughly investigate all offers. I searched the internet to find information on the companies which Emil Scheringer claimed to represent. It was only as pertaining to the scam that these company names appear. Legitimate businesses must be registered with the county or secretary of state. A check with these entities would have revealed that these companies were registered or not. There are ways in which a person can protect themselves; please be vigilant and practice due diligence before investing in anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:11 pm 

Sentencing has been adjourned until April 1, 2010. "April FOOLS Day"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:34 pm 

Does anyone know why Scheringer's sentencing has been postponed until April 1st?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 pm 

I just heard that the sentencing will be delayed for a few more weeks, possibly until late April or early May. I'm told that this delay is because of a scheduling conflict.

I've also heard that Scheringer and Gowing are still raising money for their fictitious deals, even though they are convicted felons and are incarcerated. If ANYONE is asked for money in connection with this matter, PLEASE DON'T SEND IT. Scheringer and Gowing are CONVICTED FELONS. They had their day in court and were found, beyond a reasonable doubt, to be committing fraud. Many convicts choose to admit their guilt and seek redemption. Scheringer and Gowing are not that type of convict. They will probably go to their graves insisting that the nonesense they've been peddling for years is real. It is NOT and your money will be gone in a flash if you send it out at their request.

As for anyone out there who is assisting these two clowns in their effort to completely bankrupt the American public, please be advised that you may be committing a felony yourself by your actions. If you knowingly commit the same acts for which Scheringer and Gowing have been convicted......well, you finish the sentence.

If you sincerely think that someone has been wrongfully convicted in this country, then hire your own attorney or contact one of the many pro bono groups that are out there and seek to have that person's name cleared. If instead, you choose to simply continue the fraudulent conduct in hopes of proving the convicted party innocent, you may well end up sharing a cell with them.

You can never say that you weren't warned.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:10 pm 

Thanks for the update. Since my last post I have become somewhat fascinated by scams such as this one and have done a great deal of cyber-investigating to learn more about this case. In addition, I contacted a number of ScamVictimsUnited members with private questions and have received several dozen responses in the form of telephone calls and private messages. Here is what I've found.

Emil Scheringer has been perpetrating this scheme since the mid-to-late 1990's but was not arrested until 2005. As everyone here knows, Scheringer and Gowing were convicted in 2009 and are facing significant time in the slammer when they are sentenced later this year (possibly 20 years each).

Reports are that Scheringer has not had an actual job for about 20 years, all the while insisting that his scams are real.

Delmer Gowing, who by all accounts had an actual career as an attorney, has been hooked up with Scheringer since around 2003. Gowing has been vouching for the legitimacy of Scheringer's deals for many years despite having told a Judge in 2008 that he believed Scheringer was a fraudster.

Scheringer has used a number of U.S. citizens to do his dirty work by raising money for his bogus deals. These individuals are well aware that Scheringer's deals have never paid off yet they continue to allow unsuspecting victims to throw good money after bad. These people are dangerous and should be avoided.

I have found that many victims have become "addicted" to the lure of the chase and the prospect of acquiring insanely large amounts of money. It is my opinion that some of these victims need counseling for their addictions.

I have concluded that those raising money for Scheringer should be avoided like the plague because they are the "enablers" who have caused many others to suffer tremendous financial hardship by feeding the victims' addictions.

I've learned that some of the enablers are in trouble with the law themselves so they should be kept at arms length at all times.

I have also found that many victims are later used to launder money for Scheringer and Gowing. These victims, who have typically lost a great deal of money themselves and are addicted to the scam, allow their accounts to be used to receive money from other victims. This money is then disbursed at the direction of Scheringer and Gowing. Anyone asked to receive/remit money on behalf of these felons should probably seek legal advice from a legitimate attorney..not Delmer Gowing.

I've spoken to a number of people whose family members have gotten caught up in this mess and many of them are distraught. My advice is to not give up but to seek professional help if necessary. Scheringer and Gowing are like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.........their ability to get people to believe in them will probably never end......but that doesn't mean that your loved one can't be helped.

I have also spoken with a few of the enablers and my advice to them is to also seek professional help..........a criminal defense attorney. One of these enablers told me that he continues to raise money from others because Scheringer and Gowing have ASSURED him the great payday is coming, despite the fact that the two of them have been convicted in U.S. District Court.

To this guy, and anyone else out there who continues to believe in Scheringer and Gowing, imagine the following courtroom exchange at your criminal trial:

PROSECUTOR: So Mr. Enabler, why exactly did you solicit funds for this scam for the past five years, including the last six months following the conviction of Scheringer and Gowing?

ENABLER: Because Emil and Del told me that their deals were real.

PROSECUTOR: Were you aware that these two were under indictment since 2005 and 2006, respectively, and were convicted in Sept 2009?

ENABLER: Yes.

PROSECUTOR: Are you aware that neither of these two felons put on a viable defense at their own trial?

ENABLER: No, I did not know that.

PROSECUTOR: Are you aware that the government proved in an open court that Scheringer and Gowing do not have a legal right to any of the money that they claim is coming their way?

ENABLER: No, I did not know that.

PROSECUTOR: Why did you continue to help these felons hurt innocent people for so many years AFTER they were indicted and eventually convicted?

ENABLER: Because Emil and Del told me that I would receive millions of dollars if I continued to help them.

PROSECUTOR: Have you ever tried to investigate any of the so-called deals that Scheringer and Gowing claim are going to pay off soon?

ENABLER: I wanted to but Emil and Del ordered me not to look into anything too deeply or it could jeopardize the payout.

PROSECUTOR: So you continued to allow other people to lose their money because you wanted to keep hope alive that you would get rich?

ENABLER: That sounds about right.

The criminal justice system in this country may not be perfect, but it got it right when it found Scheringer and Gowing guilty on all counts. If you are still dealing with these fraudsters, my advice is to lose their numbers..........or you'll be losing your money.

Any questions or comments, please send me a private message.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:21 pm 

Archiejohn6464, I notice that the list of names of what you call "enablers" has been removed from your posting. I'm wondering why. I was interested to see that list, because the first two people you named are the ones who victimized an elderly relative of mine for well over 10 years, to the tune of at least $150,000. While several people on this site have named the man, until your recent posting only one other person (Determined in a posting on May 17, 2009) had named the woman. My knowledge had been the same as Determined's: that they work together as partners. But when I read parts of the transcript from Scheringer's trial, I learned that G sometimes scams victims without H's participation. You listed G and H in your post (before the names were removed), but didn't indicate that they worked together. I am interested to know if you, or anyone else on this site, knows if H sometimes scams victims on her own without G's participation. (Not that he wouldn't necessarily be helping her in the background, but that the victim wouldn't be aware of his existence.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

gjg wrote:
Archiejohn6464, I notice that the list of names of what you call "enablers" has been removed from your posting. I'm wondering why.

I removed them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 pm 

If members of this site can't post the names of individuals who have caused scores of others to lose millions of dollars, then what's the point of this site. If posters can only identify individuals who have already been indicted or convicted of a fraud, then this site will serve as little more than a news reporting forum.

But if that is the new prerequisite for mentioning a name on this site, then please be aware that Jeff Griggs is already under indictment in Iowa for a felony that is unrelated to the Scheringer matter. This is not an opinion but a matter of public record. Based on the research I've conducted, Griggs is also one of the prime reasons that Scheringer and Gowing were able to defraud hundreds of victims out of more than $20 million.

I've obtained and read portions of the transcript of Scheringer's trial and I can positively state that Griggs' name was mentioned during that trial on an almost daily basis. Why he wasn't charged with a crime is the only question I have about Griggs.

As for the other enablers who continue to raise money for Scheringer and Gowing, you know who you are and you will have to answer for your actions if the authorities knock on your door. In the meantime, think about the damage you've caused the next time you look in the mirror. It's been a scam since the mid-1990's and will always be a scam if Scheringer and Gowing are involved.......and you know it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 pm 

Mr. Mosch, could you explain WHY you removed the names mentioned in Archiejohn6464's posting of March 13, as well as from my posting of earlier today? I am definitely perplexed, because I have looked back over the other postings on this site, and you have not removed the same names from many other postings. I make this point despite the fear that you will now remove the names from those postings, as well, of course. One thing I know for sure: you have made the two people I mentioned today in my earlier post very happy. I am confused as to why you would offer them this kind of comfort. How could they be anything but relieved that they can no longer be named on this site? (I know for a fact that they check this site themselves.) And let me affirm the veracity of what Archiejohn6464 said in the previous post: Jeff Griggs is set to go on trial in Iowa (the current date is March 29, I believe, already postponed once from an earlier date) for a matter totally unrelated to Scheringer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:09 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

gjg wrote:
Mr. Mosch, could you explain WHY you removed the names mentioned in Archiejohn6464's posting of March 13, as well as from my posting of earlier today?

First off, it is Mrs. Mosch

Second, we have been asked by outside authorities to remove the names as there is an active investigation. So as not to implicate or point to any particular person(s), we are removing all the names at the request of the authorities involved in the investigation.

The decision to remove the names is final and is not open to discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:14 pm 

Mrs. Mosch: first, my apologies for my assumption about your name. Second, thank you for the explanation. Third, you will get no argument from me about the removal of the names, now that I understand the reason. I am more than grateful for the work the authorities have done to bring Scheringer to justice and the work they are continuing to do to bring his as yet unindicted co-conspirators to justice as well. That the authorities have asked you to remove the names gives me hope that they are making good progress in their investigation and that we may sooner rather than later have news of another arrest to post on this site. I would also like to say that I am grateful for this site. It was quite a revelation to my family when one of us discovered it and saw the name of the person who had been victimizing our elderly relative and we learned that he (the scammer) was into a much bigger fraud than we had even begun to imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:09 pm 

Jeff Griggs's trial date in Iowa for the matter unrelated to Scheringer has been postponed again, this time from March 29th to May 3rd.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:59 pm 

Quote:
I just heard that the sentencing will be delayed for a few more weeks, possibly until late April or early May. I'm told that this delay is because of a scheduling conflict.

I've also heard that Scheringer and Gowing are still raising money for their fictitious deals, even though they are convicted felons and are incarcerated.

You state that Gowing is incarcerated. Is he actually in jail?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 pm 

Yes, Gowing is jail. I was told by the U.S. Attorney's Office that both Emil Scheringer and Delmer Gowing were placed in jail the same day they were convicted. They have been there ever since while they await their sentencing day. As a result, these two fraudsters have been wearing Air Wardens for about 6 months already. Since this time will count toward their eventual sentences, they may only be facing 29 and a-half years each.

I would also like to share a comment that I received from a Scamvictimsunited member this week. This person told me that Scheringer and Gowing are CLAIMING that they are going to be released from prison any day now due to governmental misconduct in their case. According to this source, for the past 6 months Scheringer and Gowing have been directing others to send money to third parties around the world in an effort to effect their release from prison. In many of these cases, I'm told, money is actually being sent to the U.K, Nigeria, and other foreign locales.

To anyone who has recently been asked to transfer money on behalf of Scheringer and Gowing, do you really think that these fraudsters have suddenly started telling the truth? They are facing massive prison terms because they are LIARS. And if, by some miracle, anyone was actually trying to help these two knuckleheads get out of prison LEGALLY, do you really think there would be a valid reason to send money to West Africa to make this happen? Come on people!

If Scheringer and Gowing weren't still causing innocent victims to continue to get hurt, this whole situation would be funny. These two could probably pen a best seller if they ever chose to give up their lives of crime. Of course, the novel would be found in the Fiction section of your local prison bookstore:)

I called the U.S. Attorney's Office

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next