There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strategic Capital Partners + First Swiss Management = scam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:01 am 

Hi,

Has anybody else been approached by these companies? Unfortunately I bought private equities by their recommendations (1-2-1 View Media) and according to the info I read on this site I was badly fooled.

Please avoid them!

Post subject: Re: Strategic Capital Partners + First Swiss Management = scam
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am 

Hi all !

Yes, I was approached by SCP and I made an investment with them : Mayan Gold, a junior gold mines company ( http://mayangold.net )

How foolish I was !

Mayan Gold is giving away all these gold mines to shell companies, one after another, therefore loosing value.

When the IPO will arrive, this company will be valued zero, nada !

Caveat Emptor : stay away from them and run fast !

Post subject: Re: Strategic Capital Partners + First Swiss Management = sc
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:06 am 

:x Hiten Patel & Richard Knight are the people who started contacting me from July 2009 to start investing in juniour Mining companies like Mayan Gold,they also then recommonded River Hills Resources whose website address is riverhillsresource.com both of them claim to be working for First Swiss Financial Management AG whose website address is www.firstswissag.com I bought 5000shares each @1Euros through Hiten Patel & then 5000shares through Richard Knight who said is boss of Hiten Patel.,now when I requested Richard Knight to sell this shares as i was in to a financial crisis, he declined doing so saying that his company is not authorised to help you for selling & can only support you for name transfer of the shares so you may sell it to your friends.
So my humble request to all the general public is to be aware from this kind of people and companies who call you and recommend you such investments.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:09 am 

Warning for First Swiss Financial Management
First Swiss Financial Management AG is not authorised by Finansinspektionen and therefore not entitled to provide financial services in Sweden.

First Swiss Financial Management AG has a website, (firstswissag.com). First Swiss Financial Management AG claims to have an address at Gessnerallee 48, CH8001 Zürich.

According to information from The Swiss Federal Banking Commission is First Swiss Financial Management AG not authorised by the Commission.

Finansinspektionen has also received information that First Swiss Financial Management AG work together with Carlton Birtal Financial Adv. The Spanish authority, CNMV, sent out a warning for Carlton Birtal Financial Adv. on June 21, 2004.

Finansinspektionen has received information that First Swiss Financial Management AG has approached investors in Sweden and abroad by telephone. The investors are offered to buy American shares and shares in companies in Hong Kong. The companies that are Incorporated in USA and in the British Virgin Islands. The shares are not listed on an exchange. The shares are also “restricted shares”.

The investors are also asked to open an account, Asset Management Account, at Liechtensteinische Landesbank (Schweiz) AG in Zurich.

Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong sent out a warning for First Swiss Financial Management AG on July 6, 2005.

Dnr 05-3560-331

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:10 am 

Richard Knight has been in communication with me ever since I accused him for cheating me by telling me to invest in River Hills Resources,however I also agree that he had explained to me about the risks involved in the investing money in a company which is not yet listed on any stock exchange,which is also called as Private Investment so now as per Richard Knight River Hills is progressing very fast after finding Gold reserves and as some senior Gold Mining companies are equally intrested in colloberating with River Hills resources so I am now waiting for River Hills Resources to become public so that I can sell my 1000shares which I possess so that I can liquidify my money.
vijaycup wrote:
:x Hiten Patel & Richard Knight are the people who started contacting me from July 2009 to start investing in juniour Mining companies like Mayan Gold,they also then recommonded River Hills Resources whose website address is riverhillsresource.com both of them claim to be working for First Swiss Financial Management AG whose website address is www.firstswissag.com I bought 5000shares each @1Euros through Hiten Patel & then 5000shares through Richard Knight who said is boss of Hiten Patel.,now when I requested Richard Knight to sell this shares as i was in to a financial crisis, he declined doing so saying that his company is not authorised to help you for selling & can only support you for name transfer of the shares so you may sell it to your friends.
So my humble request to all the general public is to be aware from this kind of people and companies who call you and recommend you such investments.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:59 am 

Hello
I was first approached by Carlton Financial Advisory service in 2002. (They changed the name a few times, including Carlton Birtal..), who in turn managed to sell me shares for Xvariant, Mayan Gold, and Broadcast International over the next four years at a rate of about USD 2000 per annum, with the largest portion of this going to Mayan Gold. By 2006 I became suspicious of the Carlton agent. I started doing internet enquiries and after many hours of searching I realised I was being scammed. When the agent next called I confronted him about the scam which he tried to write off to some technical issue Carlton was having with the Spanish authorities. When I tried to sell my shares back to him, he told me he was not authorised to sell shares on my behalf, but he was willing to take back some shares and give me more Mayan gold shares if I paid him some more money. Once caught out they persist and even try sell you more shares. To add insult to injury he admits he is not authorised to sell shares but he still trys to sell you more shares. These guys are good, they talk a lot, send you wonderful links paper portfolios, reports etc, but all worthless at the end of the day.

I have written off the money and I have no faith that I will ever see any return on this. After I confronted the agent the Spanish authorities closed in on Carlton and seemingly managed to close them down. One thing I must mention here, I dont know if I am allowed to but here goes. The common name that appeared in all the companies I was being enticed to buy was Reed L Benson, and I see he received a fine from the Spanish authorites.

See http: [url]//sharesleuth.com/investigations/2006/10/utek_corp[/url]
"Broadcast International Corp. (OTCBB: BCST), which acquired technology through UTEK for delivering smoother video images to mobile devices. Spanish securities regulators in 2004 identified Reed L. Benson, the company’s vice president, secretary and general counsel, as one of the directors of Carlton Birtal Financial Advisory of Barcelona. They said that firm, which offered shares in Broadcast International and at least one other obscure U.S. company to European investors, was not authorized to conduct an investment business in Spain. Regulators in February imposed fines of just over 300,000 Euros (approximately $375,000) against Benson, Carlton Birtal and another person. UTEK’s latest quarterly filing listed 984,360 Broadcast International shares with a stated value of $994,204."

The common thread what I understand how these guys operate is that they either own or have shares in the advisory company as well as the company they entice you to invest in. I.e. a double scam, they collect whatever fees when advising as well as the income from the failed company. I followed the financials of some of the companies like Broadcast international, and they never made good profits if any at all. They always seemed to have extraordinary expenditure resulting in losses.

All went quite for a while, but they are back in business, with new names, and obviously new ways to trick you out of your money.
A new agent details below has contacted me. I asked to sell my shares and he told me he was not authorised to do so. I then told him not to send me any advice, and he told me he was sending information only, so he keeps sending me "portfolio reports" I guess he is hoping I will by some more shares?

Erwin Speckert, CFA
Managing Director
Stockerstrasse 39, 8027 Zürich, Switzerland
t: +41 43 288 2700 f: +41 43 288 2719 m: +41 78 818 2700
http://www.everestam.com

The latest mail I have received is a letter advising me that Mayan Gold will be liquidated and that I will receive shares from Mustang Allainces. I have no way of knowing if this is a good thing or bad thing, but based on the track record so far I guess its just another scam. Probably the name Mayan gold has lost its appeal and they need a new name to trade their dirty business with. Unfortunately I don't have the resources to throw good money chasing bad money, but I wish someone who has the resources will track these guys down and make them pay. They will continue to stay a few steps ahead of the authorities, just enough so that they stay out of jail, or their fines are not to severe. As long as there are unsuspecting foolish investors like me who are not street smart, then these unscrupulous investors are going to make you part ways with your money.

The best we can do is avoid these people who contact us out of the blue (especially if they are an international caller)

Hope you learn from my mistake, before you invest and not after you have invested.

Last edited by BryanJohnson on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 am 

I can give you their address in Madrid if you wish.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 am 

This past Friday I received a call from Mark Winthrop of First Swiss Financial Management AG who then emailed me his company's brochure along with information about a private Honduras Gold Mine called Clavo Rico <http://clavorico.com/> Apparently he got my number when I downloaded a free report entitled "Investing in Gold 2013". Thankfully when I searched this company name there were enough posts to confirm my suspicions. He called from a private blocked number and I found it strange any financial institution would recommend a specific investment company without a prior relationship so I searched Swiss and European financial authorities to see if the company name was approved... There are many approved companies that use similar names including a First Swiss Mortgage company based in Toronto where I live. However, the name "First Swiss Financial Management Ag" is actually on several lists flagged as a fraud or scam alert/warning for example: International Security Officers Guild ISOG <http://www.isog.org/fraud-warnings-and-alerts/warnings-and-alerts-f> plus I'm sure you can find more. Today I was scheduled to receive my follow up call from Mark Winthrop but instead I replied to his email <MarkWinthrop@firstswissreferralnet.com> with the above info and stated that I will not be doing business with him. Thanks to all of those who posted their past experiences.