ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another CL Scammer.....
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:09 pm 

I'm very glad I decided to Google this phone number before replying. Although As soon as I saw he was missing spaces in his sentences I was suspicious of a scam. The original ad was posted on Michigan Craigslist.

Quote:
My name is John Boyd,49yrs old,married with 2 kids,Am a property management maintaining and managing apartment units, single family residential homes, condos and commercial properties.

I need someone to work with me from his or her home as personal assistant to monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

Duties and Requirements:
Process all owner distribution batches – print checks, statements and mail on a timely basis.
Assisting with management of employee's
checking store supplies and placing orders
Process rental applications in Resident Data.
Type various letters ,Prepare 3 Day Notices..
Retrieve and process faxes
Send unpaid rent notifications to tenants.
Deposit and monitor payments of all owner contributions.

Available during regular business hours
Organized and able to take instructions well
Dependable, Reliable, Trustworthy a must
Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
Must have good attention to detail
Must be a problem solver and not a problem maker
Have great work ethic and attitude, as well as people skills
pay-attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking, and works well under stress at times.

Benefits:
- Yearly performance bonus
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days
- Medical benefits

Working hours:Mon-Friday
Total Hours (Per Week):25hours

Salary:$500 weekly($2,000 monthly)

This position is home-based and flexible part time job,you can be in any location you will be working from your home doing all the activities.

Am out of state for business trip i will be back in next weekend before that i want you to start working for me and I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available to start.This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

I have first task waiting for you to know if you are ready to work.

I want to know if you own any of this office equipments list you need to start this position:

Printer:
Personal Laptop/Desktop:
Internet Access:
Scanner:
Fax machine:
Laminator:
Paper Cutter:
Calculator:

If you have any of this office equipments let me know also fill the application form
below.

APPLICATION FORM

First Name :
Last Name:
Full Street Address(not po box) :
City, State, Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:
Email:

Yahoo Messenger ID:

Note:If you do not have yahoo ID set-up one to chat with me online.

Nationality ___________________________
Current Job:____________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States?Yes ____ No_____

If you are under age 18, do you have an employment/age certificate?Yes ___ No ___

POSITION/AVAILABILITY:

Position Applied For_________________

How often do you check your email:______________

Specify the hours that you will be available if my schedule doesn't work with the hours i requested

Days/Hours Available:

Monday ____
Tuesday ____
Wednesday ____
Thursday ____
Friday ____
Saturday ____
Sunday ____

Hours Available: from _______ to ______

What date are you available to start work?________________

BOYDS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
JOHN BOYD.
206-984-1643
Email:john_boyd222@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:26 pm 

Just wanted to update this thread. I submitted my application to this individual but he was going by the name "Tony Adams". I am posting my correspondence with him here.

1st email after initial application:

Sent: Sun, December 6, 2009 1:11:38 AM
Subject: APPLICATION FORM

My name is Tony Adams,51yrs old,married with 2 kids,Am a property management maintaining and managing apartment units, single family residential homes, condos and commercial properties.

I need someone to work with me from his or her home as personal assistant to monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

Duties and Requirements:
Process all owner distribution batches – print checks, statements and mail on a timely
basis.
Type various letters ,Prepare 3 Day Notices.
pay-attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking, and works well under stress at times.

Benefits:
- Medical benefits

Total Hours (Per Week):25hours

This position is home-based and flexible part time job,you can be in any location you will be working from your home doing all the activities.

Am out of state for business trip i will be back in next weekend before that i want you to start working for me and I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available to start.This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

I want to know if you own any of this office equipments list you need to start this position:
Printer:
Personal Laptop/Desktop:
Internet Access:
Scanner:
Fax machine:
Laminator:
Paper Cutter:
Calculator:

2nd email

I received your application for this position and i promise to be a good boss,I need you to be smart and hard working in this position because you will be working everyday,I want you to give me quotation for the remaining office equipments that you do not have in your home i want to get them for you before you start.

Find out those items prices online or visit the store in person.

You can search there prices on bestbuy and walmart website and email me there list and total cost.

I will send you check to buy them because i want you to get everything set up before you start.

Please get back to me to know if you are ready serious and ready to start as soon as possible

I will be waiting for prices list today.

Let chat on yahoo messenger:tonyadams1979

Cheers
Tony Adams.

What date are you available to start work?

ADAMS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
TONY ADAMS.
206-984-1643
Email:tonyadams1979@yahoo.com
http://www.adamsprop.com

Here is the posting he wanted me to submit on Craigslist today

Small family owned business needs a personal assistant,The person that we are looking for would be a person of extremely high integrity,TEAM PLAYER, super positive attitude, cheerful, enthusiastic, FANTASTIC customer service skills, good phone skills and friendly/cheerful phone voice, good communicator -both written and verbal,excellent computer skills ,(Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, email,) , good poise and people skills- not easily intimidated, punctual & dependable, strong sense of urgency-gets things completed, not a procrastinator, Self-starter, highly motivated, take-charge person, fast learner with a quick mind and willing to work hard and smart,This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs.

DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Process all owner distribution batches – print checks, statements and mail on a timely basis.
Type various letters ,Prepare 3 Day Notices.

Requirements:

5hrs per day 5time a week

If you think you meet the requirements for this position please contact:

Email:assistantposition3@live.com

This guy will be hard to track because he is getting people to post the ads for him under their own accounts. As shown above all he is doing is providing the content for the post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Thanks for posting this information. Did you report this to Craigslist? They should update their warning page to include this info.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:37 pm 

I have reported this to Craigslist as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:00 am 

E-mail I recived this morning from Tony Adams. I've sent a a copy to FOAF a seemingly real place there website (found on Google) is the same one listed by Tony Adams. I'm assuming the scam is to send a fake cashier check to buy the office equiemnt(laminator who has a at home laminator?) and of course I would have to send him a refund of the funds not spent. Will see if I can find the orignal ad. the ad was very similar to the one a few posts up.....It seems that work from home is longer is the CL post. Just a FYI $2000 a month for a part time PA for a property manager is not extar high it's a $15 an hour plus job.

My name is Tony Adams,(CEO)The Friends of Adams Farm (FOAF) is a group of area residents dedicated to preserving the idyllic environment that is Adams Farm for future generations to enjoy. Every year, we see more and more encroachment on our town and neighborhoods in both building and traffic explosions. We feel we owe our grandchildren's grandchildren the chance to experience what life, the environment, local history, and geography were like in the past.

Duties and Requirements:
Printing and mailing clients and employees weekly check.
checking stores supplies and placing orders
Deposit and monitor customer payments
Posting employments ads online.
Scanning Documents
Faxing documents
Mailing payment and letter via courier service ups,fedex and post office

Benefits:
- Medical benefits

Total Hours 9am to 1pm

Salary:$500 weekly(bi-weekly $1000)

NOTE:This position is home-based and flexible part time job,you can be in any location you will be working from your home doing all the activities.

Printer:
Personal Laptop/Desktop:
Internet Access:
Scanner:
Fax machine:
Laminator:
Paper Cutter:
Calculator:

If you have any of this office equipments let me know also fill the application form
below.

APPLICATION FORM

First Name :
Last Name:
Full Street Address(not po box) :
City, State, Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:
Email:

Yahoo Messenger ID:

Note:If you do not have yahoo ID create new to complete your application.

Nationality ___________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States?Yes ____ No_____

If you are under age 18, do you have an employment/age certificate?Yes ___ No ___

POSITION/AVAILABILITY:

Position Applied For_________________

How often do you check your email:______________

Specify the hours that you will be available if my schedule doesn't work with the hours i
requested

Days/Hours Available:

Monday ____
Tuesday ____
Wednesday ____
Thursday ____
Friday ____
Saturday ____
Sunday ____

Hours Available: from _______ to ______

What date are you available to start work?________________

ADAMS FARM,INC.(FOAF)
TONY ADAMS.
P.O. Box 725
Walpole, MA 02081
206-984-1643
http://www.adams-farm.com
ny adams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 pm 

I got one of these, saying Tony Adams (with phone number 206-984-1643) worked for The Textile Rental Services and Association of America. I checked with the Textile Rental Services Association of America and recieved this reply:

Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:07 AM
To: XXXXXXXXX
Subject: RE: Using TRSA for possible SCAM!

Hi XXXXX,

Tony Adams does not work for or with TRSA.

Thank You,

Dennis Mangual
Multimedia Designer & Developer
Textile Rental Services Association of America
1800 Diagonal Rd., Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 703/519-0029 Ext. 118
Fax: 703/519-0026
http://www.trsa.org

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:28 am 

Hi this also comes from a man by the name of Mr. Mark Williams. He is a realtor/lawyer and needs a personal assistant. See email below.

Thanks for your interests in the PA position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I most very often get my hands occupied because am working with many companies both states and outside,so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities. As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include: Make travel arrangements and submit expenses for Attorneys Order office supplies, Running personal errands,Check Processing Filing documents,faxing,printing and typing letters Web research, Internet search skills and posting ads Quality communication etiquette skills and good organizational skills Serious sense of humor required and mandatory to work with me Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information Perform duties with accuracy, quality, and integrity You can only apply for this position if you own a printer and personal computer. Basic wage is $500 a weekly About me:

My name is Mr Mark Williams ,i have a family of 3 and i am a Realtor and Lawyer.I travel alot,hence the reason why i need an assistant to handle affairs for me on the home front when i am away on business which is usually quite often. This position is home-based and flexible you can be in any location,working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, I need someone who can be able to meet up with my i rregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship. Note:This position is home base office work you can be in any location and work with me from your home. Let me know your interest if you are ready to work with me from your home Mon-Fri @ 10am

So Fill This Application And Email It Back Here Asap!!!

First Name______________________

Middle Name___________________________

Last Name_____________________________

Street Address_____________________________

City, State, Zip Code______________________________________

Sex________Age_________

Nationality___________________________

Cell Phone Number (___)___________________________________

Home Phone Number(___)___________________________________

Email:____________________________

Hope to hear from you again.

Mr Mark Williams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:40 am 

:twisted: :evil: :oops:
This may be a group of people or just one, very busy low life but I received the identical offer from a response to craigslist ad in eastern shore of maryland listings. This was from a Toni Adams...there is also a Mark (something)
When I asked questions to further my information about what the job really was I never got a response.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-323-306-4475 is a link to web postings from "fellow employees" of this scam and the 323-306-4475 is the phone number I got in one of the emails I received from "Toni Adams"

working26662@hotmail.com
toniadams27@live.com
Yahoo ID: toniadams27@yahoo.com

>>>>Original Message Header from Job Offer:>>>>
Delivered-To: MEXXXXMEXXX (redacted for privacy)
Received: by 10.204.163.17 with SMTP id y17cs256450bkx;
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:54:03 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.229.233.80 with SMTP id jx16mr111057qcb.62.1287107642662;
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <toniadams27@live.com>
Received: from snt0-omc2-s18.snt0.hotmail.com (snt0-omc2-s18.snt0.hotmail.com [65.55.90.93])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d27si18653662qcs.46.2010.10.14.18.53.54;
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of toniadams27@live.com designates 65.55.90.93 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.90.93;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of toniadams27@live.com designates 65.55.90.93 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=toniadams27@live.com
Received: from SNT133-W19 ([65.55.90.72]) by snt0-omc2-s18.snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:53:22 -0700
Message-ID: <SNT133-w19724C911FF67073555B4FC0570@phx.gbl>
Return-Path: toniadams27@live.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_e1a36457-4d63-476c-b318-8a2cce13bd54_"
X-Originating-IP: [41.155.66.232]
To: <MEXXXXME>(redacted for privacy)
Subject: ESTIMATE
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 01:53:15 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <AANLkTimaHi2fJattbK4rgjDLbeLikMsvxcUWRW=gXeNY@mail.gmail.com>
References:
<AANLkTik86jsvuHg_9C+aj=6pP8igOGGw96oYOqjy3XVb@mail.gmail.com>,<SNT143-w4831DDF8F899BB93C95ED298550@phx.gbl>,<AANLkTinkorhe2+9UygOaEEnbajTu0qcTxMixLorOHCpf@mail.gmail.com>,<SNT133-w61EEE02896EB5AC1F12506C0560@phx.gbl>,<AANLkTik+d0mT1_yDNxgEUXzi869rtA+3nUkSh4fkhAWi@mail.gmail.com>,<SNT133-w368A2830376D0733EE8BB8C0560@phx.gbl>,<AANLkTimaHi2fJattbK4rgjDLbeLikMsvxcUWRW=gXeNY@mail.gmail.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 15 Oct 2010 01:53:22.0067 (UTC) FILETIME=[BF554E30:01CB6C0B]

--_e1a36457-4d63-476c-b318-8a2cce13bd54_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BREAK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ORIGINAL MESSAGE HEADER FROM APPLICATION FORM (SAME JOB OFFER)

Delivered-To: XXXXMEXXXX (redacted for privacy)
Received: by 10.204.163.17 with SMTP id y17cs151111bkx;
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.224.181.206 with SMTP id bz14mr6388755qab.169.1286940647825;
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:30:47 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <working26662@hotmail.com>
Received: from snt0-omc2-s40.snt0.hotmail.com (snt0-omc2-s40.snt0.hotmail.com [65.54.61.91])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id g4si7310326qcq.172.2010.10.12.20.30.47;
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:30:47 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of working26662@hotmail.com designates 65.54.61.91 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.54.61.91;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of working26662@hotmail.com designates 65.54.61.91 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=working26662@hotmail.com
Received: from SNT143-W48 ([65.55.90.73]) by snt0-omc2-s40.snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:30:19 -0700
Message-ID: <SNT143-w4831DDF8F899BB93C95ED298550@phx.gbl>
Return-Path: working26662@hotmail.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_d0ff9159-08a0-4337-b1b1-80649234ed5d_"
X-Originating-IP: [41.155.102.129]
Reply-To: <toniadams27@live.com>
To: <XXXXMEXXXMEXX (redacted for privacy)
Subject: APPLICATION FORM
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 03:30:19 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <AANLkTik86jsvuHg_9C+aj=6pP8igOGGw96oYOqjy3XVb@mail.gmail.com>
References: <AANLkTik86jsvuHg_9C+aj=6pP8igOGGw96oYOqjy3XVb@mail.gmail.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 13 Oct 2010 03:30:19.0834 (UTC) FILETIME=[F62A99A0:01CB6A86]

--_d0ff9159-08a0-4337-b1b1-80649234ed5d_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:30 pm 

I just filed a report with IC3.gov

Contrary to the advice given on this forum, this is copied from the IC3 website so I humbly share it here:

"Evidence:
It is important that you maintain any evidence you may have relating to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, a printed copy of a website, copies of emails, or similar items. Please keep the items in a safe location, in case you are requested to provide them for investigative purposes."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:06 pm 

Quote:
"Evidence:
It is important that you maintain any evidence you may have relating to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, a printed copy of a website, copies of emails, or similar items. Please keep the items in a safe location, in case you are requested to provide them for investigative purposes."

I totally agree with the above... it's what saved me when I had to prove my innocence...

Post subject: Re: Another CL Scammer.....Greg Daniels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:52 pm 

I responded to a job posting on CL for an Administrative Assistant. He is now going by Greg Daniels

The job posting looked legit, but the response was a little off - I attributed that to writing in a hurry on a blackberry or something. However the next email was really off, so I Googled him. Now what do I do? He has my resume and lots of contact info.

Here is his latest offer. Orphanages? really.

Hello

I received your application. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use this coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'm want you to understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis.

I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss.I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me what i would want you to do for me is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month.

The funds will be in form of Money Order or Cashier check, it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds.
You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that.
I want you to email me back soon as you received this message for me to be rest assure you are still with me .

I await your mail..

Thanks

Greg Daniels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:24 am 

this scammer has now hit Montreal, Canada.

i have been working for a very long time as a virtual assistant and so it thought it would be a good way to gain another client. it seemed pretty legit in the beginning, but when i got a response i knew something was off.

the email is pretty identical to what everyone has received, except these details are now changed:

he claims his name is manuel corbit, an interior designer based in the province of alberta.
he is expanding his business to the states.

when i google his business (finesse decors) i get nothing that is based in alberta.

i have complained to google, craigslist and IC3.

under the name manuel corbit, he has also placed an ad for domestic help/geriatric caregiver on other websites!

unfortunately i have sent him my CV, i wonder what can happen in that case.

i did not reply to the email i received because when i finished reading it i KNEW something was off, i'm just worried about what will happen with my resume/CV.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:47 pm 

I've also applied to the same ad. I thought it was legit too until my gut told me otherwise... Here is the email that was sent to me this morning.
Now im scared because this scammer has my resume which has my address on it. who's to say that he'll send someone to my house???!!! all i can do is pray

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for the interest shown in the ad, my name is Manuel Corbit and I am an interior decorator; I have a large client base both within the country in major cities and outside the country; this makes it inevitable for me to travel every once a while having to multitask and handle a whole lot of things; this has prompted me to seek a very competent, hardworking and trustworthy assistant. I was formerly based in Texas but had to relocate to Tampa so that I can monitor my business which is just starting to grow here; it has become quite a cumbersome task traveling back and forth and therefore, I am in need of someone that can handle certain task so that the profit being made from clients over there in Texas will not be forfeited while still maintaining the high quality standard that has endeared many customers to me.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.

Your major duties for now will be arranging flights schedules for me and reminding me about them, receiving payment from prospective customers and making payment to my raw material supplier. Payment method from my clients includes cash, checks, Money Order or money transfer. When payment is in form of a check or MO, you would get it cashed and send the funds to an information that would be giving to you. You will be paid $400 weekly as your basic wage and allowances would be provided for your feeding and airfare whenever your duties involves traveling. For the time been, your pay will be deducted from payments sent to you from our customers

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it with mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us...I do have a pile of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. It may be a little difficult working out the timing initially but I belief soon, we should get used to it.

Hope I am clear with the details of the job and if you are still interested in this Job Opportunity, please get back to me with the Info below as soon as possible so that I can inform my customers that I have a new representative that works for me....

Full Name:
Residential address in full:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Phone number: (cell and home)

Waiting to hear from you soon

Mr. Corbit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:03 pm 

He goes by "Michael Davis" now
The e-mail he provided is now cromdav247@aol.com

Hello Bianca,

Good to hear from you today? I hope this day meets you fine and well? I got your mail and I am quite impressed with your personality. Well, to answer your questions, I will give you more insight as to my nature of work; the name of the business is Finesse Decors; at the moment, I am working on uploading my website and I am doing this in such a way that clients can browse through a range of designs, make their choice and also make payments online; this involves working with the bank which is an on-going process but for my busy schedule and travels, it should have been up and running by now. You will assist me to handle some task as concerns this soon.

At the moment, I am in Dublin doing a quick job for a client, I should be rounding up in about 3 weeks from now after which I will be heading back to the States, you will be handling my travels plans at the time and we will be meeting in person to discuss in detail other areas of the business as well as putting heads together to see how we can grow our business faster and reach a wider coverage of clients. One of the first things we will be doing when we meet is to open a business account in any bank of your choice with both of us as signatories to the account; this will ensure that funds are available for you to run any errands even when I am not around.

Like I said in the previous mail, payment methods from clients includes cash payment, checks, Money Orders and money transfer; there will be times in my absence when you will receive payment from clients; am sure you know about money transfer payment and cash payment as well; at those times when payment will come inform of checks or MOs (which will be often), you will be required to cash at your bank and then directed on what next to do. This is only a temporary arrangement due to my absence but things will be put in proper shape when I arrive.

I have attached a pic of myself and a sample of my work to this email and I hope you like what you see. You can reach me here in Dublin on this number........+44 70 240 74656.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Mr. Davis

-----Original Message-----
To: Michael Davis <cromdav247@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 17, 2011 6:37 am
Subject: Re: Personal Assistant/Office Work Job Applicant

Hello Mr. Davis,

Although I know you're in a hurry to find an assistant, I would like to find out more about your business before I give you my information, for personal safety reasons.

So far the job description sounds like tasks I am very familar with, my mom often travels from los angeles to las vegas and leaves me in charge of her rental property.

I schedule her flights take her to and from the airport and pay her bills, collect payments from the renters, and often deposit the left over money.

I definitely think I am up to the challenge, I just need a little bit more information on your business for safety reasons.

Thank You,
Bianca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: Personal Assistant/Office Work Job Applicant

Hello Bianca,

Thanks for the interest shown in the ad, my name is Michael Davis and I am an interior decorator; I have a large client base both within the country in major cities and outside the country; this makes it inevitable for me to travel every once a while having to multitask and handle a whole lot of things; this has prompted me to seek a very competent, hardworking and trustworthy assistant. I was formerly based in California but had to relocate to Tampa so that I can monitor my business which is just starting to grow here; it has become quite a cumbersome task traveling back and forth and therefore, I am in need of someone that can handle certain task so that the profit being made from clients over there in Cali will not be forfeited while still maintaining the high quality standard that has endeared many customers to me.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.

Your major duties for now will be arranging flights schedules for me and reminding me about them, receiving payment from prospective customers and making payment to my raw material supplier. Payment method from my clients includes cash, checks, Money Order or money transfer. When payment is in form of a check or MO, you would get it cashed and send the funds to an information that would be giving to you. You will be paid $400 weekly as your basic wage and allowances will be provided in form of bonus in some weeks. For the time being, your pay will be deducted from payments sent to you from our customers.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it with mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us...I do have a pile of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. It may be a little difficult working out the timing initially but I belief soon, we should get used to it.

Hope I am clear with the details of the job and if you are still interested in this Job Opportunity, please get back to me with the Info below as soon as possible so that I can inform my customers that I have a new representative that works for me....

Full Name:
Residential address in full:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Phone number: (cell and home)

Waiting to hear from you soon

Mr. Davis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 pm 

Hi all,
I have applied for a job offered by this person, and I already did some assignment involved money issues for him.
I cashed out some money orders from the bank and then wired it to another country a few days ago.
I just realized this might be a scam, so I googled it and then I found here.
My question is, does anyone know how if the money orders were fake, is there anything I can do to fix my careless behaviors?

A stupid guy.......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next