ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another CL Scammer.....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 am 

c_w

I did the same thing and the check came in the mail. I actually contacted the person who's information had been stolen to tell her what was happening, and she had already been contacted by a few people before me. I did nothing more, and I have had no repercussions. It has been over 2 years.

I have always had great luck finding jobs on Craigslist over the years, but things have sure changed. Seems almost half of the ads I reply to now are answered with some type of scam. Too bad!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:01 pm 

Hi

This is my first post. I also fell for the same scam from this Amy Johnson. The problem is that I did not cash the checks; I put them into my bank account. It not only passed the bank's clearance, but it showed up on my online banking account the next day. I have now received two packages both filled with $2000 each in money orders. Am I at risk for aiding and abetting? Could there possibly be legal ramifications for this interactions? I am legitimately frightened here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:09 pm 

Hi Spag...

Keep checking your online bank balance. I think eventually these will not clear. I would just do nothing and see what happens. And don't have any more contact with this email scammer.

Let me know what happens!

Mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:13 pm 

Hey Group:

Just got another CL Scammer response to "Personal Assistant" position. Here is his info...avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

[size=200]From:
This sender is DomainKeys verified
"MR RUDOLPH RODNEY" <iyakazeem8080@yahoo.com>

This one claims he is a distributor for Shell Oil Company.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:33 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Uhohspaghettios

Destroy all of the checks/money orders that you do have. Do not take any of that money out of the bank. Stop all contact with the scammers. If the bank account is still showing that the money is there, I would call the bank and tell them that you just found out that this is a scam . . . do not go into the bank because you never know if they are planning to have you arrested when you show up . . . but talk to them on the phone and let them know what you know and this should assure them that you were a potential victim and not the one trying to scam them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35 am 

It definitely seems like there is a pattern, this personal assistant request uses a yahoo address and does not have the best writing skills. Rudolph Rodney is a scam. But my question is, what can he do with the information he is requesting?

from MR RUDOLPH RODNEY <iyakazeem8080@yahoo.com>
reply-to rudolph.rodney01@gmail.com

date Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:24 PM
subject Re: Personal Assistant application
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

Hello,

I received your e-mail... I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as i based in Arizona.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.

We are one of the major distributor for shell oil and gas lnc .we handle the importation and exportation of their crude products to the neighboring countries,we are in need of a very Competent Clerk within the States that can take good care of my contacts and e-mails in case if i'm out of the country.
More so,our website is under construction for now, I will let you know once it's available for sighting.

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a piled up of works and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually as i want you to always check your e-mail at least every 6 hours for details in view.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all these, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine.I'm convinced and confident you can take up the challenge,after a proper assessment at your CV and on the long run we should have a sound working relationship between us.
I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Full Name:
Full Contact Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:
Martial:
Finally i got a black berry phone that will enable talk to you even when in a conference meetings . so i will want you to add me you my yahoo messenger so i can always get the necessary updates across to you . here is my IM:iyakazeem8080
Once i received your contact information i will get back to you with the task for this week,Understand you will also be paid as soon as you pass this first assignment, You will be paid ($500) at the end of the week.

Rudolph

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:25 am 

Hello There,
Thanks for your interests in the PA position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

I'm Mark Benson, 45, originally from London, but I have spent a whole lot here in United State. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include.
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
*Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.
*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
Basic wage is $500 a week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially.

I'm currently in the UK now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Hope to hear from you again.

Cheers.
Mark Benson.
+447024051833

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:28 am 

Hey all,

So, i recently fell for this scam. I received the check and went to go cash it at my bank. They detected it was a fraud, took the check and have since closed or frozen my account for suspected fraud.

I have already made a complaint to IC3 and a comment to the Secret Service. I plan on going to my local police precinct to file a complaint with them in the morning.

I was wondering if I can be in any legal trouble for unsuccessfully trying to cash the check?

Also, is their any other advice people have for what I should do?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:30 pm 

Hi, I have also been scammed by this same person and it really sucks. Whoever he is (or a whole bunch of them) post multiple listings daily. I have contacted the police+Fbi and there not going to do anything. Basically noone here is going to get their money back, but if you do, let me know!

But what we do have to do is work together so more people DONT get scammed...here is what you can all do to help
1.) go to google.com and type in "craigslist.org -directory "personal assistant" $500" hit enter
2.) then go to "+ Show Options" near the top left of the page under "google" trademark
3.) after this pops up select the option "past 24 hrs"
4.) once this option is selected there will be ten or so results up, all you have to do is click on each craigslist listing and "flag" it right away!

PLEASE HELP PEOPLE WHO ARE ABOUT TO GET SCAMMED!
If you have any questions just ask...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:59 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

teenagekicks78
Here is a link to our suggested reporting scams list
http://scamvictimsunited.com/Reporting_scams.htm

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:53 pm 

This man struck again...this time on CL ad in Michigan. I fell for it, to a point and kept asking questions until I finally decided to google his phone number because it didn't match the website he gave me.

Tony Adams...wanted an Executive Administrative Assistant to work from home.

Just wanted to let you know, he is still on the prowl. I called the actual owners of the website to inform them that this person was doing this with their business name and they said that they have had several calls today from women all over the country!

Can he not be tracked down or stopped with this modern technology??? What a pathetic way to earn a living in these hard times!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:45 pm 

I applied for a job through Craigslist for an administrative assistant here in Killeen, TX. I searched for the website and it came out as a residential and commercial properties in Bellinham, WA. I am glad that I searched the phone number on google and I bumped into this website, I can't believe I almost fell for this scam. Craigslist is a great website to find jobs but when it comes to scammers it sure makes a great place to find people that are desperate to get a job, specially around the holidays.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:48 pm 

Tony Adams now seems to have a new business in Bellingham, WA
Adams Property Management: http://www.adamsprop.com

There is a website and reviews for it so I'm not sure what the scam is.
The phone number matches. But I do not find anything in BBB or
in the Washington Active Businesses archive. There is an Adams Property Management but
it shows inactive since 2004 and Tony Adams name is nowhere on the site.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:59 am 

I so appreciate that you have this site available. It sure saved me a lot of time and agony. I thought the job sounded not only "too good" but also, some of the language was off, not quite how people who speak English speak, something I try to look for to detect scams. I will copy the contact info here, so if others search, it will turn up, as it did for me. Again, thank-you to everyone who posted. It is great we can help each other!

.....portion of the e-mail I received:
I received your application for this position and i promise to be a good boss,I need you to be smart and hard working in this position because you will be working everyday,I want you to give me quotation for the remaining office equipments that you do not have in your home i want to get them for you before you start.
Find out those items prices online or visit the store in person.
I will send you check to buy them because i want you to get everything set up before you start.
Please get back to me to know if you are ready serious and ready to start as soon as possible
I will be waiting for prices list today.
Cheers
Tony Adams.
My name is Tony Adams,51yrs old,married with 2 kids,Am a property management maintaining and managing apartment units, single family residential homes, condos and commercial properties.

I need someone to work with me from his or her own as personal assistant to monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

Duties and Requirements:
Process all owner distribution batches – print checks, statements and mail on a timely Na basis.
Assisting with management of employee's
checking store supplies and placing orders
Process rental applications in Resident Data.
Type various letters ,Prepare 3 Day Notices.
Retrieve and process faxes
Send unpaid rent notifications to tenants.
Deposit and monitor payments of all owner contributions.

Available during regular business hours
Organized and able to take instructions well
Dependable, Reliable, Trustworthy a must
Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
Must have good attention to detail
Must be a problem solver and not a problem maker
Have great work ethic and attitude, as well as people skills
pay-attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking, and works well under stress at times.

Benefits:
- Yearly performance bonus
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days
- Medical benefits

Working hours:Mon-Friday
Total Hours (Per Week):25yrs
Salary:$500 weekly($2,000 monthly)

This position is home-based and flexible part time job,you can be in any location you will be working from your home doing all the activities.
Am out of state for contract and i will be back in next weekend before that i want you to start working for me and I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available to start.This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.
I have first task waiting for you to know if you are ready to work.I want to know if you own any of this office equipments list you need to start this position:
Adams Property Management
Tony Adams.
206-984-1643
http://www.adamsprop.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:46 am 

I REALLY WISH WOULD HAVE LOOKED INTO THIS BEFOREHAND! I OT THE SAME LETTER AFTER APPLYING FOR A JOB ON CRAIGSLIST!! I WAS SO EXCITED..BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS AN ATHOME BASED JOB, NOT UNTIL HE REPLIED..THAT IS WHAT I BEEN LOOKING FOR! LOL I CAN LOL NOW!
IR WAS TONY ADAMS..I EVEN CHECKED OUT HIS LINK TO HIS BUSINESS, BELLINGHAM WA! LOOKED UP THE PHONE NUMBER.. EVEN CALLED IT! I STARETD BEING HESITANT BECAUSE THERE WAS NO CONTACT NUMBER ON HIS PROPERTY PAGE??? NONETHELESS I DID SEND HOM MONOMAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME, I THINK I WILL GO ALONG WITH IT. I M ALSO GONNA MOVE N CHANGE MY ADDRESS A FEW TIMES! I CANT BELIEVE HE GETS AWAY WITH THIS..THANK GOD FOR THESE SITES!!
:P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next