ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roomate Scam Lectivia Vargas and Katherine Cole
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:21 pm 

I received 2 responses from 2 different women that seemed awfully similar. I searched the first name Lecticia Vargas and saw a posting on this site with almost the exact same email that I was sent. I just wanted everyone to know this so you don't get fooled. I will post the emails I received from Lecticia and the one from Katherine Cole which is so similar to Lecticia's with only a few minor differences.

Hi (this one from Katherine Cole)

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I
would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have
alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me
more about the place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have
to go see him,but really want to hold a place down...

More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like
honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike
lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy
going person to live with. I'm 25 years of age,5"6' straight. i like
tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight
guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in France
as there was where i had my university education and stays with my
uncle there!!

I lived all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,,I grew up
with my uncle since 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the
medical way since i was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8
months,we have involved in projects that includes
orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children between the ages
of 4-10yrs .

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that
i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend
who ones live over there..And i will be working with any hospital
around as i am also making enquires about that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also
do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am
to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will
not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the
month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you
shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to
secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me
all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the
pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will
be coming over with,and little of my furniture's,please let me know if
there will be room for them..

With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and more
picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how
i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will
also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if
you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place
with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move
in by the availability of the place,but want to secured it now

Thanks..

N :B
(kelvinsmith1904@hotmail.com --My ex landlord email address for
reference and Mrs Helen Ford,a senior staff of mine at work
helen_ford103@yahoo.com)

(This one from Lecticia)
Thanks for emailing me back,i do appreciate,Please email me if you get my email with the pics and let me know if i am a good fit for the place....Please do make sure that you email me so that we can move on, knowing the kind of person you are,i feel alright..and i'll want to move in starting from next month,as i am looking to leave here(idaho asap),to see my uncle in canada before i move over to your place,as he is really sick now.

An occupational health nurse (OHN) is responsible for the health and wellbeing of employees in the work place,so no problem about job,as i will be looking at hospitals in the area as soon as you confirm to rent out to me..and really ,i saved up,so dont worry about paying bills for the main time,i'm taking care of my late dad's business too.

I hope you understand that i have my own car too that i'll be coming with...

Thanks

lecticia vargas

Post subject: Re: Roomate Scam Lectivia Vargas and Katherine Cole
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:48 am 

Posted on Craigs List for roommate...and received reply from "Lecticia Vargas" letvrg81b@aol.com.
Same M.O. She is now in Idaho, dying uncle is in Canada, no phone tlll she gets settled, is driving to Maine after she visits her uncle and will move in sight unseen.

Same content of ad, pretty much word for word. Money no problem, Nurse (OHN), etc.

Lack of Phone was the red flag.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:37 pm 

The Lecticia Vargas/Karen Dole Scam.

I received the nearly the exact series of emails already posted here. Lectica claims to be a nurse from Idaho, along with all the other lies posted. I picked up on the scam instantly, as she asked me to take down my ad. I didn't have any ad. To follow up, I gave her a mailing address (not my property address) and she says she wants to ship her "furnitures and car" here. The scam appears to be that she wants to send me a check for the "shipper's fee" which I can pay and "keep the rest".

I will await her reply and post the results here for all to see. She (if it is a she) has no idea who she is tangling with this time. I have posted the fake picture she sends.

Attachments:
Lecticia.jpeg
Lecticia.jpeg [ 21.93 KiB | Viewed 35070 times ]

Post subject: Re: Roomate Scam Lecticia Vargas and Katherine Cole
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:33 pm 

Yup...that's my Lecticia! Sweet. (Actually, it wasn't so much the phone and the moving in sight unseen...it was that she/he spelled Leticia wrong!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:12 pm 

Lecticia is monitoring these posts as She/He/It quickly dropped out of sight upon seeing her picture here. Thus, she is not going to send me that nice phony check for $2,000 to cash for her. Lecticia, our con artist, has been review in the famous "Tales From The Trailer Court" (Google it and beware of imitators).

Too bad, I was looking forward to posting a picture of that check for all the on-line world see. If you are reading this Lecticia, please send me the check to the address I emailed you, along with your home address so I can deliver the refund in cash to you personally. I really, really would like to meet you face to face. Are you okay with that? Please, you have no idea how much I'd like to have you rent my room. The one beside the utility closet. That nobody ever looks in.

Attachments:
hiroshima1234.jpeg
hiroshima1234.jpeg [ 4.12 KiB | Viewed 35045 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 am 

Lectivia Vargas was also in touch with me about a room in Las Vegas middle of July. Identical emails to the ones posted. I never got that far because she avoided my questions and was very vague. Just wanted all potential victims to know that this babe gets around.

Post subject: NOW KNOWN AS KELLY ROLAND
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:44 am 

This chic is like a bad penny, keeps resurfacing.
Here's her latest post, in Las Vegas again, posing as a student from Alaska.
BEWARE!

Dear Roommie,

I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me and i really appreciate the breakdown details of the house, more about me from Alaska (Anchorage) US, a quiet,clean,honest,responsible and easy going person to live with, I'm 5"7',straight, 24 years of age. I dont drink nor smoke but i'm cool living with people that do. I love to go on date but seldomly party. I swim for fun and sometimes play long tennis. i lives here with my Uncle here in Alaska,my Dad died when i was young ,roommie i want you to know that i have no friends in the area except you for now lol. I speak English and French fluently..I am currently working on a research pertaining to my course in culture and tourism.. I hope to end my current assignment by the end of this month here in Alaska and focus on my new assingment to your State.

I will like to make a month payment and security deposit for you to reserve the room for me before my arrival, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay for more than 10months. To be honest with you i really like the kind of person you are from your little description and if you have the picture of the bedroom available, kindly forward it to my mailbox. I am really okay with the place.

I am planning to arrive on the 5th of next month so i will love to know if i can make the payment ahead of my arrival via Chasier Check or Money Order. I'll like to know if i can go ahead with the arrangement of sending the payment to you, i will much apprecaite if you can mail your information like,your full mailing address and your name as you want it to appear on the payment. I will like to ship in my car,luggage,laptop and other materials for my research ahead of my arrival. I will also like you to remove the advert from the site as i am ready to have your place rented.

Hope to read from you soon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:08 pm 

Here is the email she sent to me today:

I do appreciate your response,am very glad and want to thank you for getting back to me,I know that it is very important to know more about someone looking to rent from you,So this is a little bio about me.

About me- I am a friendly 28 year old female who works full time as an occupational Nurse. I am down to earth and easy to get along with. I am very respectful of others' space and opinions.

I strive for a drama free environment. If you want to hangout and go to a coffee shop, bar, shopping,or just feel like doing something spontaneous, then I am game!, I'm pet friendly but dont own one,i don't keep late nights,I was born in canada and my mum was from idaho where i am presently,before my high school i lost my mum and my dad 4 years ago and since then i ve been under the care of my uncle,my mum was a nurse too and that made me to be an Occupational Health Nurse,An occupational health nurse (OHN) is responsible for the health and wellbeing of employees in the work place

My interest in the area is simply because change is needed in everyones life and i am also looking into a different direction,i ve been getting my life back cause of what happened to me here few months ago cause i had this had this break up that really makes me want to give up everything but i am rebuilding my life,so that is one of the reasons of my moving, because i understand that time wait for no one,Paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends(if you want me to do month to month,and i can also do the lease thing too.),I dont have pet,but i am pet friendly,dont keep late nights too..and am straight.

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in asap,So please email me back if you are looking to rent out asap too,i really would have loved to talk this all over on the phone,but right now the email works faster and getting everything set up,i want to get settle down and get a cell when i move,pls do email me back so i know more about the place and pictures of the place too if you have got... .I really need a roof asap,so pls email me back as soon as you can,and,A picture of mine will be attach in the next email,let me know if we can procced,I should let you know that i am in Idaho now,but i am looking to leave here in few days,to see my uncle in canada before i move over to your place(if you rent out your place to me),as he is really sick now.

Thanks for your time and i await your next email.

lecticia vargas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:23 pm 

I too have been contacted by Lecticia Vargas. It's funny I read the emails and thought something does NOT seem right. I googled her name and found this place. I have received the same exact emails with a little bit of a difference in the email address. The pic she sent me is diff. It wont let me copy and paste it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:48 pm 

Here is an email I received from Lecticia after replying to a Craigs List roommate response- She is sending a picture as a cute blond (short hair)

Hi again ,

Thanks once again for the reply,I am very happy meeting a person like you,It 's nice meeting you and i will never ever want to loose the the place ,you did inspire me,I want You to know that i am okay with the place

I got to believe that the people that are around someone matters most,i believe that you'll be a nice person,I want you to know that i have my dresser,computer table,kitchen utensils and 2 big luggages and my car to be shipped..i'll love to secure place so that so that i wont loose the place and with the way we ve communicated,I am okay with all you ve said and i want you to know that i don't want to make any plan without securing a place down now,so i ve let my uncle understand that i ve gotten a place and told him abt the place,He is comfortable with it too,so i thought of it and i will be making payment to hold down the place as i cant afford to loose it at all, and the mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is a certified Money order,pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,or your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands when not at home through regular mails or a courier service,and your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit.I will prefer to send to any of the addresses just to ensure safe delievery.

Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed,I do not want to loose the place.And to let you know it is not that i have bunch of furnitures,just my car and my personal effects...I also want you to know that if i secure the place now,i can move on formally,please understand that..

Feel free to ask me any question(s) you have okay

Thanks...

lecticia vargas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am 

:evil:

So....I can not believe this. this is the first email I got from her and then there was another today with a pic. Brown hair, plaid skirt. I am shocked.
Her email is letvrgv@aol.com

Hi,

I do appreciate your response,am very glad and want to thank you for getting back to me,I know that it is very important to know more about someone looking to rent from you,So this is a little bio about me.

About me- I am a friendly 28 year old female who works full time as an occupational Nurse. I am down to earth and easy to get along with. I am very respectful of others' space and opinions.

I strive for a drama free environment. If you want to hangout and go to a coffee shop, bar, shopping,or just feel like doing something spontaneous, then I am game!, I'm pet friendly but dont own one,i don't keep late nights,I was born in canada and my mum was from idaho where i am presently,before my high school i lost my mum and my dad 4 years ago and since then i ve been under the care of my uncle,my mum was a nurse too and that made me to be an Occupational Health Nurse,An occupational health nurse (OHN) is responsible for the health and wellbeing of employees in the work place

My interest in the area is simply because change is needed in everyones life and i am also looking into a different direction,i ve been getting my life back cause of what happened to me here few months ago cause i had this had this break up that really makes me want to give up everything but i am rebuilding my life,so that is one of the reasons of my moving, because i understand that time wait for no one,Paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends(if you want me to do month to month,and i can also do the lease thing too.),I dont have pet,but i am pet friendly,dont keep late nights too..and am straight.

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in asap,So please email me back if you are looking to rent out asap too,i really would have loved to talk this all over on the phone,but right now the email works faster and getting everything set up,i want to get settle down and get a cell when i move,pls do email me back so i know more about the place and pictures of the place too if you have got... .I really need a roof asap,so pls email me back as soon as you can,and,A picture of mine will be attach in the next email,let me know if we can procced,I should let you know that i am in Idaho now,but i am looking to leave here in few days,to see my uncle in canada before i move over to your place(if you rent out your place to me),as he is really sick now.

Thanks for your time and i await your next email.

lecticia vargas

Attachments:
File comment: Here is her pic that I got.
-069-11-07.JPG
-069-11-07.JPG [ 57.9 KiB | Viewed 34754 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 pm 

I'm glad I checked around and found this site. I was just emailing with Ms. Vargas and she on her way to Norfolk, VA. She has a new picture she sends but the content of the emails remain the same. The first email said she was going to her sick uncle's in Canada so she couldnt call. Then the last email was below.

I got to believe that the people that are around someone matters most,i believe that you'll be a nice person,I want you to know that i have my dresser,computer table,kitchen utensils and 2 big luggages and my car to be shipped..i'll love to secure place so that so that i wont loose the place and with the way we ve communicated,I am okay with all you ve said and i want you to know that i don't want to make any plan without securing a place down now,so i ve let my uncle understand that i ve gotten a place and told him abt the place,He is comfortable with it too,so i thought of it and i will be making payment to hold down the place as i cant afford to loose it at all, and the mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is a certified Money order,pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,or your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands when not at home through regular mails or a courier service,and your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit.I will prefer to send to any of the addresses just to ensure safe delievery.
Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed,I do not want to loose the place.And to let you know it is not that i have bunch of furnitures,just my car and my personal effects...I also want you to know that if i secure the place now,i can move on formally,please understand that..

Thanks again for this site!

Attachments:
-069-11-07[2].jpg
-069-11-07[2].jpg [ 62.72 KiB | Viewed 34724 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:05 pm 

Forgot - her email address was letvrg80b@aol.com .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:26 am 

I WANT TO MAKE EVERYONE BEWARE!!!! I HAVE TH EXACT SAME, WORD FOR WORD AD. IT SEEMED A BIT ODD TO ME FOR SOMEONE TO WANT TO LEAVE IDAHO, MOVE TO ARIZONA, ALL WITHIN 4 DAYS. THE GRAMMAR IN THE EMAILS, THE LACK OF ANY TYPE OF PHONE, OR PHONE CONTACT ACTUALLY SENT UP RED FLAGS FOR US. I HAVE A DIFFERENT PIC, ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE A JC PENNEY CATALOG ADD. I AM GLAD ALL OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE POSTED THIS SCAM HERE!! IT REALLY MAKES ME SAD AT THE WAY OTHER PEOPLE TRY TO GET AWAY WITH TRICKS LIKE THESE.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THESE POSTINGS!

CHSNDCRCKRS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:35 am 

She is still at it! I "googled" the name Lecticia Vargas and found this website along with others. Just got the same email as described, same AOL email address, then a picture of the brunette in the plaid skirt. Another website explained that "Lecticia" will eventually want to send you a money order for $2000 to pay for her furniture shipment or some other moving expense. Then she says that you can keep the remaining amount. It went on to say that she will even provide phoney copies of documents from Ashley Furniture and such!

THANK GOODNESS FOR WEBSITES LIKE THIS ONE!