ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ayem Eben rental scam
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:56 pm 

Has anyone heard of Ayem Eben? There's a headless shot of her (?) if you google her name. She wants to rent my place and she will send a cheque...

Post subject: Re: Ayem Eben rental scam
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:47 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

If they want to send you a check or money order, and then want you to wire ANY PORTION of that on to someone or back to them it is a scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:51 am 

She tried to rent my room from Craigslist two weeks ago. She wanted to pay me with a check from one of her client that was more than the rent and needed me to send her the rest of the money to issue her plane ticket.
I had the same trick payed from Okcana Bulicheva (email:okcanabulicheva@gmail.com) also on craigslist. She even had a 2500£ checksend to me and now her plus her "father" have been harrassing me on the phone since.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 pm 

Dont listen to that person, they are doing to everyone that is renting a room out. They just change most of the information. Here is what i have received:

How are you doing?Thanks for the reply and information.I am very interested in renting the room,i will keep you posted with my flight information as events unfold.I will be coming to the states for geography weather condition reason,and i hope i will like it there.

I just got in touch with my uncle and we thought of mailing the payment check(Money Orders) mid next week in one of his business trip abroad .Please let me know if this is OK with you.I will need you to email me your information (full name, mailing address,NOT P.O.BOX and a direct phone number to reach you) for the payment so that i can have it forwarded to my Uncle as requested. My Uncle is not in same state with you,he's only on a business trip in the USA.

If there is a rental agreement application,please understand that I will have it filled and signed out upon my arrival. And if there is none,its Ok with me.

Also,let me know if you will be able to help me keep my little stuffs(dresser,art works,painting and my car as they will be shipped before my arrival.

Can you please remove the advert off Internet so that i can be sure you will be holding the room down for me?

Thanks for willing to give me the room,I can't wait to meet you.Please remember my mother in your prayers as she will be going through Surgical operation next week.
Sincerely,
Sonia

and they also reply to your messages saying this:

How are you?Sorry for the late reply,i have been very busy with sick mother in the hospital and other things.Thanks so much for the reply.Am sorry, i would have liked to call you on phone to discuss this rental issue but my phone service provider wont let me make international call at the moment.You can call me on phone +447024039255 at home today or tomorrow but i always have full access to my emails.you can reach me 7.pm my time as i guess that will be six hours behind your time.If am not at home,my flatmate,Jim,will be. You can add me on Yahoo messenger if you care to chat(roommatelink@yahoo.com)

I'll be happy if you can rent out the place to me for 6-12 months term lease, as i'll love to get a place before my arrival.

More about me,I am half Brit from dad and half Asian from mum,a science laboratory worker,mostly spend my time in the laboratory experimenting,divorced female of 29yrs,i am educated(undergraduate and post graduate degree), am very active in sport (ski, surf,swimming),a good Christian,very low key and relaxed to live with. I DON'T smoke nor drink and i DON'T mind if flat mates do, I DON'T have a pet also. Presently staying at 10 Marlborough Road, London, E7 8,GB .Tel:+44-702-403-9255

I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5'7' straight. I always love to go on date but seldom party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival .i will also need to see the pictures...Attached is my picture ,just to give you a clue of who you are renting to.I hope you like it,i am not a picture loving person though.

I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furniture,please let me know if there will be room for them?

I don't have a job lined up for me there yet but will look for upon my arrival.My Uncle will be responsible for my rent until i get a good Job,Please understand.

Moreover,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over as i plan to arrive by September 5th,2009/My Arrival date is flexible.

Please,feel free to ask me any more question as i am very happy to join you and more so, i will love to always get email from you on how the event unfold till my arrival.

For references reason,kindly contact below:
Former landlord : Kristin Adams (kristinadams76@live.com)
Roommate:Allan Barclay(allanbarclay@gmail.com)

For easy communication ,you can IM me at (roommatelink@yahoo.com) we can chat anytime.

Thanks,I will appreciate every of your effort to assist me in this traveling plans as i will be very happy to know you more than just roommates when i get there.Am very friendly and generous.

Again,Thanks and best regards

Sonia.

Once they know you are hooked; they will email you this reply:

Thanks for willing to rent to me. You sound like a friendly person. I am anxious to meet you. I got your information and i already forwarded it to my Uncle for the payment . .I will email you soon as i get a confirmation from my Uncle that the payment is mailed out.

Please hold my room for me :),I will keep you posted as event unfold. Your prayer is still needed for my sick mom. I will sure keep you posted with my itineraries when i have them.Thanks :)

Until i email you soon,Have a nice day!!

Your new roommate,
Sonia.

And but not least they go for the last email; which is this:

How are you doing today?Thank you for holding my room for me.
I am just checking on you to keep you inform of my plans...I am arriving on 5th September and i will keep you posted with my itineraries as event unfold.

What is the present condition of the room? What paint color is it having now? Is there any floral shop around our place?How is the weather there?Its been cold here for few days... :)

I am so glad to let you know that my uncle confirmed payment mailed out to you via priority Mail in one of his business in united states and you should be receiving it soon....Please let me know when you get it because my shipping fee in included and i will instruct you on how to help me get it across to my shipper.

I know you may be worried that you've not read from me sooner than now,i 've been very busy with the big travel and sick mum in the hospital.I really don't know if i had told you that I bought a wonderful painting for you at the shopping mall describing humanity with my money,you don't have to pay me back,i afforded it...you will like it though as i love awesome paintings myself.i will be shipping it along with my car and other stuffs.Please,i will be glad if you can help make my transition a smooth one with any assistance i may require from you so that the stress will not be too much for me in between my sick mother and traveling arrangement.

Please remember my mum still in your prayer....She's having her surgical operation for the cancer soon.

I really can't wait to meet you as you sound like a nice person and hope you are having a wonderful day.

Sincerely
Sonia

:x So PLEASE everyone out there take care of your income and home from these dishonest scams!!! :x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:06 am 

I have a room for rent posted on craigslist, and have gotten several emails from whoever is doing this. I was suspicious that I got three emails from women claiming to be french, with an uncle that would pay for the room, and said that they would send a check. I didn't respond to those.

I got another email recently that didn't mention the person was over seas, so I responded, and the response was strange, but I almost replied to them again. Until I noticed a phrase that I recognized from one of the french women's emails: "I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with". Not to mention that all the emails had many missing spaces, like after the commas.

This was clearly canned text. It had been customized to some degree, there were specific deatils about my posting. I googles the phone number in the email and found this post, thank you for posting!! I gave out my phone number to some of these assholes...

These are the aliases and emails used by the scammers:
(notice that the most recent, Sonia, uses three different emails during our correspondence)

Sonia Anderson <sonia.76anderson@gmail.com>, <sonia.anderson.1980@hotmail.com>, (roommatelink@yahoo.com)
kimberly sullin <skimberly2386@gmail.com>
Susan T. Graham <suzygraham9@googlemail.com>
Kristin Adams(kristinadams76@live.com)
Allan Barclay(allanbarclay@gmail.com)

Here's the full text of the emails I've gotten:

Date: Thu, Sep 24, 2009 10:29 am
To: <xxx>

Hi Joe,
How are you?Sorry for the late reply,i have been very busy with sick mother in the hospital and other things.Thanks so much for the reply.Am sorry, i would have liked to call you on phone to discuss this rental issue but my phone service provider wont let me make international call at the moment.You can call me on phone +447024039255 at home today or tomorrow but i always have full access to my emails.you can reach me 7.pm my time as i guess that will be six hours behind your time.If am not at home,my flatmate,Jim,will be. You can add me on Yahoo messenger if you care to chat(roommatelink@yahoo.com)
I'll be happy if you can rent out the place to me for 6-12 months term lease, as i'll love to get a place before my arrival.

More about me,I am half Brit from dad and half Asian from mum,a science laboratory worker,mostly spend my time in the laboratory experimenting,divorced female of 29yrs,i am educated(undergraduate and post graduate degree), am very active in sport (ski, surf,swimming),a good Christian,very low key and relaxed to live with. I DON'T smoke nor drink and i DON'T mind if flat mates do, I DON'T have a pet also. Presently staying at 10 Marlborough Road, London, E7 8,GB .Tel:+44-702-403-9255
I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5'7' straight. I always love to go on date but seldom party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival .i will also need to see the pictures...Attached is my picture ,just to give you a clue of who you are renting to.I hope you like it,i am not a picture loving person though.

I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furniture,please let me know if there will be room for them?
I don't have a job lined up for me there yet but will look for upon my arrival.My Uncle will be responsible for my rent until i get a good Job,Please understand.

Moreover,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over as i plan to arrive by October 15th,2009/My Arrival date is flexible.

Please,feel free to ask me any more question as i am very happy to join you and more so, i will love to always get email from you on how the event unfold till my arrival.

For references reason,kindly contact below:
Former landlord :Kristin Adams(kristinadams76@live.com)
Roommate:Allan Barclay(allanbarclay@gmail.com)For easy communication ,you can IM me at (roommatelink@yahoo.com) we can chat anytime.

Thanks,I will appreciate every of your effort to assist me in this traveling plans as i will be very happy to know you more than just roommates when i get there.Am very friendly and generous.

Again,Thanks and best regards
Sonia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: sonia.76anderson@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Move in date 15th Oct...
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 06:55:47 -0700

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for replying. The room I have available is 633/mo and with utilities shouldn't be much more than 750/mo. There is off street parking for all the roommates. If you would like to come see the apartment and meet myself and my roommate that would be great. I am, however, looking for someone that can commit to Oct 1 for a move-in date, as I am currently paying 2/3 of the rent since the room is empty, and I can't afford to keep doing so. Its fine if you want to move in Oct 15, but you would have to start paying the rent as of Oct 1 to secure the room.

Let me know if you are still interested, and we can set up a time to meet. My phone number is xxx.

Thanks,

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Move in date 15th Oct...
Date: Wed, September 23, 2009 9:49 am
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Hi,

I read your advert on craigslist but i want to know more thats why i am writing you this email..I am looking for a room to share or townhouse to share with roommates,i am pet-friendly but i don't have any pet and i require a parking space, available Oct. 15th Ideally no more than $950/month. A 6 - 12 months lease would be perfect. Let me know if you have anything....Thanks!

Sonia Anderson.

HI

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would
have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of
things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the
place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him,but
really want to hold a place down..More about me again i am a nurse..I am the
neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while
I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and
easy going person to live with
. I'm 5"7' straight.,28 years i like tourising
and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but
i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had
my university education and stays with my uncle there!!
I lived all my life way in paris before coming down to SD(south dakota),,I
grew up with my uncle 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical
way since i was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have
involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases
in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs .and Work:I was looking to move
over to your state because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as
i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be
working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires about that
now...Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also
do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also
like sharing y thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as
i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends.... Right now.I ve
the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered
about if i am competent of paying the rent I must confess am comfortable
with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival
so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before
my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my
car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let
me know if there will be room for them
.. With all that i ve said above,I
have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next
email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my
arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and
let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure
the place with a deposit Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i
am looking to move in As soon as possible so pls get back me.
Thanks..

Kimberly

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:38 AM, <xxx@xxx.com> wrote:

Hi Kimberly,

The room is still available, but I do have two other people interested, they will ebe coming to look at the room tomorrow.

The neighborhood is a great location. The house is on a busy street, so there is always the sound of traffic, but the place is walking distance to a CVS, convenience store, some restaurants (pizza, burgers, etc.). There is a grocery store and gym about 1/4 mile away (2 min drive), a shopping center with Target, Best Buy, clothing, Home Depot, etc only 5 min away, bars, and there is a nice park we go to frequently to grill and throw a ball around. There is also access to a bike/running path that goes all the way into Boston, if you are into running or biking. All in all it's got all the essentials.

My phone number is xxx, if you want to call and chat and find out more. What is your situation? Are you moving up here for work? I will be around tomorrow night, that would be the best time to call if you would like to.

Thanks,

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: xxx (map)
Date: Tue, September 08, 2009 4:56 pm
To: xxx

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

--
Hi there

I am KImberly I'm replying to your ad on craigslist and I'd like to know if the place is still available.Also let me know the neighboourhood and the utilities included in the place A liittle about my personalty. I am 28 year old,5"7' straight,single and nice,I'll love to live with clean,caring and responsible people.I am presently in south-Dakota,I will love to move in as soon as possible, but it all depends on the availability of the room.Just so you know,I am french but I do speak english the best way i can so pls pardon my mistakes I am serious about renting and I would like to move in before or by the end of this month depending on the avalability of the room I will try as much as possible to pay my rent before due.
I would wait impatiently for your next email.
Thank You...Aviour
KImberly

Hello,
I'm Susan T. Graham by name from United Kingdom,I will like to know if i can share an apartment or a roommate for the whole year because i will be coming to the state by the end of the Month or the beginning of next month. and i will want you to get back to me with the update of the room and the deposit fees ...Can't wait to read from you

Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:35 am 

I did not expect that in this thread I got the information that I really need .,I am glad I read and visited this thread.,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:20 am 

HI THERE MY NAME IS MANDY I HAVE BEEN IN CONSTANT CHATTING WITH THIS CRAZY AYEM EBEN AND DID NOT REALIZE HE WAS SCAM UNTIL TOO LATE I WAS SUPPOSEDLY HIS ASSISTANT AND SENT ME A CHEQUE I HAVE NOT CAHSED IT BECAUSE I GOOGLE HIS NAME AND HAVE REALIZED HE IS THE MOST POPULAR SCAM. WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THE CHEQUE I HAVE TORE IT APART MOREOVER I HAVE CUT THE COMMUNICATION WITH HIM OR HER WHO KNOW ANYWAY I GAVE HIM MY ADDRESS AND PHONE.