ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About/Almost To Be Scammed
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:11 am 

I think I am about/almost to be scammed. I met this person from Tagged. He said he was falling-in-love with me six days after we met. I thought it was insane, but I kept chatting with him anyway. He even went as far as asking for my ring size so that he can buy an engagement ring. This is really too good to be true.

When we started chatting, he claimed to be a Petroleum Engineer working and based in Fyn, Denmark and also claims to be born in Fyn, Denmark, but grew up in Georgia (USA). After a month, he said his company got a contract to work in Takoradi, Ghana. This person also claims to have a daughter who's seven years old, and that the mom left them when the daughter was seven months old. But thank God for websites like this, I kept his first e-mails and checked all their IP addresses and they're all from Accra, Ghana. Even the e-mails he sent when he claimed to be in Denmark, the IP addresses all point to Ghana. It means, he was never in Denmark.

What really makes his tactic very convincing is that he even makes me chat with her daughter, and have her started calling me "Mama." Any person would really start feeling for a little girl who's been abandoned and not having a mom. Also, this person uses BRB a lot of times and claims that he is taking care of her daughter or putting her daughter to sleep. He would leave the chat for a long time and most of the time, doesn't come back. He makes excuses that the link or internet is not working. Also, makes a lot of spelling mistakes. His e-mails are short and he would use large fonts. I ignored all that.

I have spoken with him on the phone as well, and he doesn't have an African accent, so he's probably from somewhere else. This is the part that threw me off because I wasn't sure what accent he has.

Just recently, he started talking about Diamonds and investments. He hasn't asked for money yet. But what really ticked me off is that he wanted to buy a computer, and he asked if he could ship it to my address, which I should not have given, and that I need to reship it to him. I told him that I can't do this, and since he claims to have sisters in Philadelphia and Georgia, I told him to use family instead of me. I made an excuse that I don't want to be responsible if that computer gets lost. He said that he'd prefer me handling this reshipping thing, but I said "Sorry, I can't do it." I think he got mad and went offline immediately.

I sent him an e-mail after he went offline, and he said that "he had to take care of something." Oh well, that's where we are right now. I was so disappointed because he seemed to fit all the other scam stories, and I've been convincing myself this is one hell of a sick person.

I admit that this really hurts because emotions are involved here - because you start believing that someone out there loves you. This is a tough battle for anyone who are being emotionally played out there. I felt stupid after reading all the stories here, and I can't believe I am falling for this scam.

If anyone wants to bate this guy, let me know. I also found out he has two profiles on Tagged. (http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5416826524) Used the same photo on the other profile that I met him. This profile though, he now has a son. I have confronted him about this second profile, and he made this story that, Micheal is his cousin and the he borrowed this pic. Now this story doesn't make sense.

Also, please can anyone suggest the next step.

Post subject: Re: About/Almost To Be Scammed
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:28 pm 

You need to let "Tagged" know what's going on and about both his profiles so that they'll remove them and ban his ip before someone does fall for his scam. Outside of that just break the ties, thank your lucky stars that you didn't become a victim of his and move on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:32 am 

I have reported the said profile to Tagged. I'll keep a look out on it if Tagged will take it down.

Attachments:
File comment: Micheal Cole or Jonas Wilson White uses this photo.
JonasWhite.jpg
JonasWhite.jpg [ 9.73 KiB | Viewed 13162 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:03 am 

:idea: yes this is a scam i got an email several time from someone who claims to be a women and many come off the tagged website just the other day i contacted a women and she give me this crap story about her dad and them owning moeny in oil/gas here in the us but her dad left the country on the account of her dad and brothers realation and someohow manage to get to ghana and blah blah blah this was not this first time someone use this crappy story anyway whoever it is is probably a man or both man and women togather in the scam dont fall for it and do not send any money ........i wrote the person back and told them someone else had already tried to scam me with the samne crap story and they havent message me back and i know they will dont email me again take care i hope that this is helpful

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:45 pm 

anyone saying that they are in nigeria or ghanna stay away their story is all the same that the father and mother died and they are trapped in a hotel and need you to send money and the father was an owner of a gas/oil company blah blah blah its a lie and most of the people on tagged are scammers and spammers the cam girl thing is so old you think you actually get to talk with someone but it ends up they try to lure you to a webam site to get money from you they tell you its free, then the lying hoax of women wont meet or talk with guys unless they go through a verifacation site the interenet is so full of lies and deciet and looks like even the website mate1.com is host to many scammers especialy romania, russia so stop dont send money u're wastig your time and energy and most of all get a heart broke for nothing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:30 pm 

Stop talking to him. His profile has been deleted from Tagged. Which is a good indication he is scared or they caught him. Do not send money. He sounds just like a man who called himself Hassan and told me the same story. Check out the site I found which has pics of some scammers and their true pic. You may be scared to talk to anyone else. romancescam.com