ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Katherine Williams - Roommate scam - "katewille04@aol.com"
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:34 pm 

Hi, I wanted to include this email from Katherine, who has evidently scammed several people already for the past year. I was unaware of it until I typed her email into a search engine. Please take a moment to review all the similarities from past to present. Beward this person, whoever it is. The details are obviously not changing... Thanks. js

Subject: am interested
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:44 AM

Hi
Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and yourself.
More about me again i am a nurse,26 years old..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!I speaks French and English, so you have the chance to learn french

I lived almost all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,I am presently in south dakota now (really i know that most renter will love to meet the person renting to before move in)i cant judge myself but i am a Godfearing and straight forward person that respect you and your privacy, I was in my final year when my mum died,i lost my dad before i was born,I grew up with my uncle after my mum died...she was a nurse before she died,so i knew much about nursing before she died,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs,and we were also in alabama when they had the attack of hurricane katrina

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state, because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires on that now...
Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent
I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..

With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in asap,but want to secured it now

Thanks..

Katherine A bientot j'espere

Post subject: Re: Katherine Williams - Roommate scam - "katewille04@aol.com"
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:02 pm 

I recently had this same person scam me and it wasnt' until after i went to the police that i found this site. The exact email was sent to me as well. They sent a fake check that was from a fake bank. Supposedly She was in Paris with her sick uncle yet her apyment came from a bank in California. YET she's from South Dakota.. um.. yeah! Then she sent a check, not a money order. Signed by James Hill. Said for me to deposite it quickly and send her money. But when I said I would need it to clear first she said well thend o me a favor and send me 350$ for moving my stuff becuase the money was all in her uncle's account. When i said no, she flipped out. But did send me info in an email to send MY money to. Beware of this as well :

Hi ,

Thanks so much for the concern roomie,As i have told you the shipper needs to have the money asap,so that is why i don't want any other delay,,I have told the shipper that i'll be sending $ ,if you can today .The amount to send with the service fee is $2300

And to make the delievery of my things fast and for me not to loose much money,he told me that i should make sure that i get the money sent to him at where he is now...
So just write down the shippers info below locate a westernunion location (and you can do that by logging onto
http://www.westernunion.com and find agent location around you ) and get the information below written down as the info below is what you will be needing at the westernunion location...and go there with cash as the money will be sent electronically

The shipper's info needed at the westernunion location is below
Liliana Lugo
635 courtland dr San Bernardino
CA. 92405

Please as soon as you get it sent ,Kindly make sure that you email me the sending informations such as the ,

1.Sender's full name and address,
2.Refrence Number
3..Total money sent...

Please make sure that You get this done asap so that i don't loose all that i ve worked for!,And please kindly let me know if i'll be needing anything for the room again and let me know if i can change the colour?
I'll also hope that You 'll still be able to come and pick me up,I'll get the flight Information to you as soon as i solve the shipping problem....

Thanks for being there for me and Waiting for me

Just be aware. Some people wouldn't think twice about this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:48 pm 

This same person sent me those EXACT e-mails. she used the e-mail address "misspavez@aol.com" and went by the name "Nicole Wayne". I actually fell for it and believed every word she said and I sent $2500 through western union for her "shipper, liliana lugo in san bernardino". I filed a police report, a fraud report with western union, and a claim on my bank. Police are all over it, they are checking the I.P. numbers on her e-mails and fingerprints on the conterfeit check she sent me through fedex. Also, I am working with detectives to try and track her down. She said to send the money to San Bernardino, but my lawyer and police officers spoke to the CEO of western union's fraud department and he told them that "liliana lugo" picked up the money in Highland, CA, not San Bernardino. She obviously used a fake ID to pick up the money at western union. But I have great detectives on this case right now so I really hope they catch her, or it might even be a male. I don't want this to happen to any one else so BE CAREFUL. NEVER SEND MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION, unless it's money to family or friends.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

stephaniedance8 wrote:
. . .and he told them that "liliana lugo" picked up the money in Highland, CA, not San Bernardino. She obviously used a fake ID to pick up the money at western union.

If they had the correct info on the transfer, it can be picked up at ANY Western Union location, not just the location you send the wire to.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:39 pm 

I just posted an ad for a room for rent in Indianapolis. I received this same email and "she" was asking me too take down the ad that she wanted to secure the room. I completed a reverse email search unable to find what i wanted, so i posted her email in google and your site popped up. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out with this since she is actively contacting me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:17 pm 

I too have just received an email from our good friend "Ms" Williams. I posted an ad for a roommate in Portland OR, and hers was the first reply. The grammar was lacking, and the email had a "formula" feel to it, though it did make reference to security deposit and utilities (which was mentioned in the ad), as well as a request for more pictures (the ad contained these also). It appears my suspicions were confirmed, and whoever this is, they appear to be actually reading the postings they are replying to.

As with the previous poster, I am currently "in contact" with her, and if there is anything I can do, just say so.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:18 am 

Wow, recession sure hit this person. I got the same email too. The wonderful world of Internet. I do a quick check online with her name and here I am in this scam chat room. I am so relief to find this out as my guts was telling me something is not right about this person. Anyhow, I just received the second email which like what posted here today. I do advice everyone to do the background check through agency. I don't have one to recommend but you should be able to ask your local Realtor who is involve in property rental. I hope this Bas***d get caught soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:05 pm 

She is talking to me at this time. Same e-mails as everyone else. Fedex should be here tomorrow. Its a same theres people out there that do this. What can I do to help catch her? Let me know

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:36 pm 

to whom ever has someone looking into this is there a number we can call to reach the person to is investigating her to see what we can do to help put her where she belongs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:52 pm 

Almost forgot.. alot of things she would send in her replys sounded weird and Never answered any of my questions. The big thing to cought my eye is that I tracked fedex tracking number she gave me and its coming from VA. So I guess she is there now, or there are more then one person doing the same scam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:57 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

casadevall2002

she is probably overseas, in another country, so there really is no way to catch her . . . she is probably a he also

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:54 am 

Hello, I just figured I would let you know this person also tried to rent from me today, I sent a request for info from her for a background check and haven't received a response yet!

Do you want a copy of the e-mail, or maybe the detectives your working with might want it?

Let me know if I can help!

Jack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:39 am 

she's using katewillie1@aol.com now.

i emailed her a link to this site using an anonymous email address. "she" was trying to rent from me. i, too, found it odd that she responded so quickly to my ad so i googled her and got this feed.

not sure what a scammer could do with responding to a room for rent ad but glad I didn't respond with my real info.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:39 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

incognito-j wrote:
not sure what a scammer could do with responding to a room for rent ad but glad I didn't respond with my real info.

If you would have agreed to rent the room to her she would have sent you a cashier's check to pay for the rent/deposit, but it would have been for more than the agreed on amount . . . she would then ask you to wire the rest back to her, or on to the people that are transporting all of her items (furniture, etc) After you wire the money off, the bank will find that the check is counterfeit and they will hold YOU liable for the entire amount.

Glad you did not get hit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 pm 

I was renting a room on craigs list and this is the response I got from daviesluciadav@aol.com.. very similar to your response.. Luckily I sensed she was trying to scam me..;

Hi
Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I
would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really
have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell
me more about the place and you,as my uncle is presently sick
and i have to go see him,but really want to hold a place down...
More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like
honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I
dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am
quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like
tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight
guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in
france as there was where i had my university education and
stays with my uncle there!!
I lived all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,,I grew
up with my uncle since 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in
the medical way since i was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross
for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes
orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen
the ages of 4-10yrs .
Ambition and Work:
I was looking to move over to your state because i understand
that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's
friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any
hospital around as i am also making enquires about that now...
Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will
also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax
when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent
on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent
fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so
you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the
rent
I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to
secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell
me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the
pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i