ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Old I am Overseas, Send Me Cash via Western Union Scam
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:22 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Looks like Domain.com.au is owned by John Fairfax Holdings. Here is a link to their contact info page

http://www.fxj.com.au/contact.htm

Maybe everyone who has been scammed through that site should write to the company that owns them and let them know that scammers are using their site and encourage them to post warning on their site.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:59 am 

I just wanted to let you guys know this person is going under the name Janelle-Anne Mannes now. I received the identical email to some of you guys. The address was 35 Shelley Street, Sydney.

I emailed TNT, Fairfax, and Domain about it.

Hope this helps.

Post subject: every Friday
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 am 

As I suspected earlier, they know that Domain does not take any action over internet scam over a weekend.

Therefore, they post a advertisement in Friday evening and remove it in a following Monday before Domain responses to me.

Domain just send me a same email every time.

Even they did not reply to me last week.

No matter how many people report internet scam on Domain how often, it seems that they do not take it seriously.

This week, they post different pictures but a same property.

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Propert ... d=6227195#

Attachments:
1_3.jpeg
1_3.jpeg [ 39.56 KiB | Viewed 21217 times ]
1_2.jpeg
1_2.jpeg [ 32.51 KiB | Viewed 21217 times ]
1_1.jpeg
1_1.jpeg [ 27.34 KiB | Viewed 21216 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:00 am 

They changed pictures except one of a bathroom.

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Propert ... d=6227195#

Attachments:
1_6.jpeg
1_6.jpeg [ 20.07 KiB | Viewed 21213 times ]
1_5.jpeg
1_5.jpeg [ 48.44 KiB | Viewed 21213 times ]
1_4.jpeg
1_4.jpeg [ 26.34 KiB | Viewed 21211 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:44 pm 

Oh how very sad!! So there we all have it ...Ive been corresponding via email all week with this "%@#*&^" and funny isnt it word to word is identical to the email listed below. I took it one step further (not the it really means much but im hoping the scammer will be found and dealt with) theres a program on the net..free...that traces email locations and ive managed to track "janeel mannes" to MOUNTAIN VIEW , US. If youd like to usethe program , the addy is http://www.ip-adress.com/trace_email/ and all you have to do is cut and copy the senders email header .... so glad to have the support of this site , scamvictimsunited.com your doing a great job. take care all xxx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:59 pm 

Sorry, but Mountain View is not where the scammer is really located. That is the home of gmail. When you check the IP address you want the very last IP address. Here is a good place to check headers.

http://headertool.apelord.com/

Just copy the entire header and then paste into the box, then click on check headers.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:54 pm 

Just so this page will appear in Google.. :D

Quote:
Hello,
Thank you for your interest. The apartment is still available, but now I'm in Milano, Italy transferred with my job . I will stay here for 3 years, so this is the reason why i offer the apartment for rent . I'm the owner of the apartment and it looks exactly like in the pictures. The rent for 1 month is AUD $1000 including all utilities (water, electricity, internet,cable, parking). You can move in the apartment in the same day you receive the keys. I must inform you that the keys from the apartment are with me and I hope that we will find a way to make this happen.
Thanks.

Quote:
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safe and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys.
I have found a procedure that will allow us to make a fast and safe deal and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained:
http://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/h ... vices.html
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter by the end of the next week.
Regards,

Quote:
Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away.I will explain to you step by step how this will work .
1) First you will have to send me your full name and address. I will need them for the shipping.
2) I go to the TNT store and leave the Keys and the contract onto your name as the intended receiver.
3) TNT will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4) TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody.
5) At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Agent
Location and make a money deposit on the TNT payment agent name for the amount we agreed (first month + 1000 bond deposit) .
6) After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money deposit to TNT (MTCN, sender's name and address)
7) TNT will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
8) After you receive the package , You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if all is in order you will instruct TNT to send me the information about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds . If you don`t like the apt they will send your money back to you and you will send them the keys and the contract to them.
I will pay TNT for the shipping and you will pay Western Union for the Money Transfer fee .
Let me know if we can do this.
Thank you,

Quote:
Hello, I have delivered the keys to the company you should receive confirmation from them soon. Please complete the steps from their notification so we can conclude the deal. Please check your BULK/JUNK email folder maybe the confirmation arrives there as it arrived to me. Try to complete the payment Monday or latest Tuesday. Thanks and i look forward for your email

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:12 am 

I am so grateful of this website. I almost become a victim of this stupid scam.. I received exactly same reply as the below one, only with different pictures. I have an uneasy feeling of taking the offer, thankfully my boyfriend did a research on her name, and he forward me this website link. I am shock.
My sister is right, if it is too good to be true, it probably is!
I can't believe the policemen stand on her side.
Definitely have to report this to domain, but the last time I check, the same property is no longer posted in domain.
Anyway, thanks a lot for putting this on....Great HelP!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:21 pm 

I am new to this and dont know where to start.

I was contacted by a person supposedly in the USMC in Iraq
He gave me all his (supposed) information Home address in the States,
Telephone number, cell phone number.( I checked with White Pages)
All his supposed Military information and where his was (supposed) stationed.
Yes I fell for his charming words and believed everything he said, against
everything I ever knew.
I have contacted several official Military sites to get confirmation but as
of yet have not had any replies to my emails. There are issues which need
to be sorted out with Military presonnel but how can I get in contact with
anyone, can someone please give me some advise.
I am from the UK.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:19 am 

Well if it's any consolation to any of you, I'm keeping them dangling on a line at the moment. Gave a 9-digit transfer number before at the 3 time of asking, I've given them a 10 digit number that just came to me as I was writing the e-mail. :D Gonna give it a day then start to get to aggressive asking where my money is. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 am 

Hi there I also almost the victim of this kind of person
acually if I didn't go to talk with student responsible office in my Uni
I will be super sad by now. The content as same as everyone recieved
and I also agreed to pay regarding to urgently move. The house was so nice and perfect...I try to ask them many time about the actual address not just the number of where the building is? The thing is I am I overseas student with not much money to pay.but my one is under the name of Jenelle Mannes
.......................................................................................................
There are the mails that she sent through me as show below:

Hello, I have delivered the keys to the company you should receive confirmation from them soon. Please complete the steps from their notification so we can conclude the deal. Please check your BULK/JUNK email folder maybe the confirmation arrives there as it arrived to me. Try to complete the payment Wednesday or latest Thursday. Thanks and i look forward for your email

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM, JJ sutthitham

Hi Janelle
As I'm waiting for the key now I already prepare for the bond and house rental
but just wanted to make sure that you have sent the keys, haven't you?
anything you can contract me anytime
JJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:28:15 +1000

Subject: Re: NORTH TERRACE ADELAIDE, SA, 5000 apartment

Hello, i will go and deliver the keys to TNT, they will send you a notification. After you receive notification from them you must go and make the payment to their agent name. After payment is confirmed you will receive the keys and see the apartment, if for any reason the apartment is not as you like you will be refunded. If you like the apartment the money are sent to me. Thanks and let me know once again that you understand and agree

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM, JJ sutthitham

That's good so this is the detail:
Name:
Moblie No.:
and the money I will arrange the time after see the contract and and pay you the money within the day I see but I may require them to call me before they deliver the keys as well because I might be in school especailly from Tuesay to Thursday.

Thank you so much
have a lovely day in Italy
Regards,
JJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 18:44:10 +1000

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away.I will explain to you step by step how this will work .
1) First you will have to send me your full name and address. I will need them for the shipping.
2) I go to the TNT store and leave the Keys and the contract onto your name as the intended receiver.
3) TNT will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4) TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody.
5) At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Agent
Location and make a money deposit on the TNT payment agent name for the amount we agreed (first month + 1000 bond deposit) .
6) After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money deposit to TNT (MTCN, sender's name and address)
7) TNT will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
8) After you receive the package , You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if all is in order you will instruct TNT to send me the information about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds . If you don`t like the apt they will send your money back to you and you will send them the keys and the contract to them.
I will pay TNT for the shipping and you will pay Western Union for the Money Transfer fee .
Let me know if we can do this.
Thank you,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM, JJ sutthitham

Hi there
As I have seen on the site you gave that would be nice for our deal
but I still wonder if we agree on this deal. Firstly, how can we sign the contract?
secondly, if you send us the key, how can we pay for house rental each month?
Moreover, can I ask you what the address of your Apartment?
Is that when the key comes, we need to pay the bond that day or after we move in
because I will move out from my recently house on Sunday 12th July
Thank you very much
JJ

Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:51:47 +1000

Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safe and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys.
I have found a procedure that will allow us to make a fast and safe deal and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained:
http://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/h ... vices.html
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter by the end of the next week.
Regards,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM, JJ sutthitham

Thank you so much Janelle, I'm so happy to hear that
I've ready to move within 12 July 2009 so proably in a next two weeks
So which way you prefer to make it possible. Money transfer $1,000 every month and how about the bond another AUD 1,000 isn't it?
I am happy to accept what you require
However, there are 3 people going to move in to the property
we've concerned that how we going to make this happen
Do we need to send you all the bond plus the advanced rental AUD 1,000 at the same time
We are able to do that. Therefore,how we going to make a contact and how we can get your key. Sorry, three of them are including my boyfriend and I plus my other friend. We are Thai people and I used to work as housekeping before and now I'm study in the UniSA city west campus which make your place the perfect location.
Looking forwad to hearing from you soon
Regards
JJ
Hope this can help everyone who like the nice place with the really cheap price
It is too good to be true

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:20 am 

Just so you all know, this individual reads this forum as he quoted it in an e-mail (3 unanswered e-mails from him in total, must have really got on his t**s :D ).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm 

Hi all. Like many of you, I replied to the appartment for rent at King Street Wharf, $300 per week etc on domain.com and got a response straight back and the add was removed. She is now going under the name of Marianne Paterson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:31 am 

I wasn't about to go through with this deal without seeing the places first (which concierge should always be able to help with in cases such as owners being 'absent'), or send money off blindly in hope for a 'more-than-likely-never-to-arrive' key, but I WAS about to start liasing with the scammer - until I saw Domain's 'scammer warning' page. Thank. You. Very. Much. !.

So, here's the latest on our dear Milano lady/man:

Names I've applied to/received emails from (and some of them didn't even match up - they're getting sloppy, all right...):
[...Ok, damn, all of my short-listed Domain.com properties have been taken away, grr.]
ANYway:

Frances B.../D...(somebody); Marianne Paterson (for Liverpool Street); there was another man ('Robert'?) - sorry, I know that having no name doesn't help there, but it was a 'Liverpool Street' one.

And I decided to test a theory of mine with some new ones I found on the site - and correct me if I'm wrong here, but the phrases 'I'm over seas', 'we'll be using a courier (one of them 'TNT')', and there being much money involved with too-good-to-be-true places (come on - one of them was three bedrooms, two bathrooms, garages, TOWNHOUSE?! = $125/wk? I think not) was all in were all in the reply emails.

Betty Menves (=Amanda?), for World Square Tower Apartments; Marco Melandriis (=Helen?) for a townhouse near the Harbour Bridge...

At least the first two names I'm sure of, because of the pictures posted on this site, and the word-for-word-exact-same email I got from 'Marianne'.

These are the emails from the other two (don't they look similar?):

---------------------------------------------------
Re: [domain.com.au] 5710/91 Liverpool Street Sydney (Contact: betty menvez)?

Hello ! I am Amanda [not the owner of the apartment you are making enquiry of. Actually I resided in the apartment with my family such as my husband and my only daugther before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the United Kingdom. My apartment is still available for rent for $500 per month including the utilities like hydro,washer and security. I want you to note that, I am a kind and honest woman and also I spent alot on my property that I want to give you for rent, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this apartment and want you to treat it as your own, money is not the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that I will be glad to see it when I come for a check up, I do that once in a while. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word.
SO IF YOU ARE REALY INTERESTED AND IF YOU HAVE $3000 CASH ( the 6 months rent ) I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM

RENT APPLICATION FORM
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?

You will need to pay in advance for 6 months, $3000. The following documents will be sent to you via TNT courrier service.
(1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
(2)Paper/Permanent house form containing your reference details)
(3)The house documetary file.
(4) Payment Receipt, you will receive it via e-Mail.

Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the apartment you will receive your money back. Thanks Amanda
Re: [domain.com.au] 4 Dalgety Road Sydney Sydney (Contact: marco melandriis)?

Hi there,

I am the owner of the house you are making inquiry of and I am sorry for my tardiness in replying, for the time being I am on a trip in Europe, UK at my daughter's, so I cannot check my e-mail as often as I usually do. After all, this turned out to be rather a business trip.

The house is still available for rent for $800 per month and the lease period is for max 5 years including the utilities like hydro, washer and security. I want you to note that, I am a kind and honest woman and also I spent a lot on my property that I want to give you for rent, so I will solicit for you absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, money is not the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that I will be glad to see it when I come for a check up, I do that once in a while. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word. The house is in best working and aesthetic condition inside/outside. My brother in law, Craig Miller will be in charge with arranging everything after we will go through Fairfax. You will need to pay in advance for 5 months as a warranty/bond, $4000 through Fairfax Digital.

If you are really interested I will want you to fill the rent application form:

RENT APPLICATION FORM
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)Lease period?

I am a Verified Member so the lease contract and payment will be done through Fairfax Digital with fully available refund in case of any dissatisfaction. This means that if you are not satisfied with the house, or if it has different specifications that the one advertised on site, you will have the payment reimbursed. If everything is acceptable, please provide your details and I will contact Fairfax Digital to provide you the official Lease Contract and further details to secure your house. Our transaction will be performed only under Fairfax Digital's rules and instructions, no exceptions.

I have two more persons ready to rent the house ASAP through the same way so please let me know your final answer. Please note that you will not pay for the house as a payment in advance, you will only deposit the money to them as a warranty and they will keep you the money until you will inspect the house.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Helen
Fairfax Digital Member

Ok, my supreme apologies to the advertisers if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. These emails are very similar (look for same phrasing in places throughout - yet different people wrote these? Uh huh. Yeah. Right. NOT.)
They must be using an automatic mailing system, as no smart person would have answered BOTH my requests.

So there are some major keys when it comes to dealing with these online scam advertisements:
If there is no phone number and/or there is no unit/street number on the ad, don't fall for it. The pictures are sooooooooo pretty, and the price is sooooooooo tempting - but in the end, YOU'RE going to be the sucker.
I actually suggested that they make it compulsory for aforementioned contact details to be supplied when posting these thing on their site to Domain, but who knows if they actually listened to me...
If they ask for money before keys, PFFFFT - I don't think so. If they claim to be all 'good and angelic' when it comes to returning money to unhappy customers, yeah, um, no - run the other way.
If you're looking for a place, always INSPECT IT FIRST HAND and MEET THE OWNER before you start to sign anything. Also, if you can, somehow: make sure that they really own the place advertised!!
All in all, use common sense and common knowledge to get you what you really need, want, and will actually be able to KEEP (or rent, obviously...).

/rant

*tSuKiNoKo ^.~*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 am 

Oh, and who else can see that they're going out of their way to add/take away spaces and purposefully writing bad English in places - leaving things out, perhaps? - to see if their emails can go undetected...
Omfb, this person is LAME.
Yet they are becoming rich through fraudulency and need to be stopped - with their oh-so-super-duper computer, though, they are certainly proving hard to track, aren't they??
Well, I guess that all we can do is spread the word so people know to not trust it if/when it happens to them.
*sigh*

*tSuKiNoKo ^.~*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next