ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: TNT Delivery Service
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:07 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Korzensma wrote:
how good is Western Union at giving the money back?

Once the money has been picked up on the other end they cannot just "give it back" . . . it is gone.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: TNT Delivery Service & Western Union (Switzerland, Lausanne)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:42 pm 

Hello,

Due to your website another scam was discovered regarding an apartment in Lausanne, Switzerland and worse things could be prevented :twisted: . The apartment was as usual beyond the market price and listed on Immoscout24. I can only say: "Thank you!" Please send all details of new cases concerning Western Union or TNT to the two addresses beyond:

spoof@westernunion.com
security.ch@tnt.com

They centralize all cases, intervene at the hosts and try to get a hand on this people.

Here the details of "my" case:

De : Dahlia Edain Hosannah [mailto:dehosannah@hotmail.com]
Envoyé : Dienstag, 14. April 2009 18:19
À :
Objet : RE: ImmoScout24 - Kontaktformular (Referenz-Nr. 1439662)

Good day Lothar, sorry for my late answer, I just came from the TNT office, I think they have already contacted you in your e-mail with the invoice.
Dear Lothar.. I am so sorry but I can not give you the informations you are asking for me because of a safety reason, there is nobody living and I am affraid.. I hope you can understand me. This is the reason why I choosed this agency to send an agent to show you the apartment, because TNT is protecting both: your payment and my keys (and also.. my apartment)
I am very happy that you passed to see the building and I am happy that you like it...
I wait news from you !
Dahlia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: dehosannah@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: ImmoScout24 - Kontaktformular (Referenz-Nr. 1439662)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:49:44 +0200

Dear Dahlia,

I just passed at the house. Great, it is really very close to my friends place. I just need some additional information before wiring the money:

- could you please let me know on what floor the apartment is
- what’s the name on the door bell
- does the apartment have a cellar or another place to store things
- is it on the south, east or north side of the building
- and last, who is the officially registered owner

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

With best regards, Lothar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Envoyé : Dienstag, 14. April 2009 13:36
À :

Hello,

Thank you for your details! Right now I will go to the TNT office and I will make all the arrangements for the delivery. As soon as I will finish, TNT will send you in your email an official payment invoice, here you will find all the shipping informations and all the payment instructions you need to start this transaction. Please follow them and everything will be ok !

Thank you, keep in touch !
Dahlia

Envoyé : Dienstag, 14. April 2009 13:02
À :

Good day,

I have to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen:
1 - To start this transaction I will need to know your full shipping name and address to proceed with this deal.
2 - I will go to the my local TNT Office, I leave them the Keys and I make all the arrangements for the delivery.
3 - TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody.
4 - At this point you will have to transfer the first month of rent to the TNT agent assigned to handle our transaction, this is the policy of a abroad rental company, they must have a warranty from the potential tenant before starting the delivery.
5 - You have to send the informations about the money deposit to TNT. They will verify the payment informations and if everything is ok, the agent will come to show you the apartment.
6 - When the agent arrives there, he will call you to meet him and to go and visit the apartment with him.
* If you accept to rent the apartment, you sign all the papers with him and the transaction is finished.
* If you don't accept to rent my apartment, the agent will give your money back in the same day, you won't lose anything.

I will pay all the shipping taxes to TNT. They are requesting a minimum payment of 1 month of rent as warranty to start the delivey. If you are interested in a discount, we can get to an agreement in wich you will pay less if you agree to pay in advance for more than 1 month. The reason for this discount is that I am in a bad financial situation. I am willing to cut the price by 150 CHF for each month paied in advance. If you agree to these terms, please provide me the following information:

Name:
Address:
Zip Code:
Phone number:
The rent period (minimum 3 months):
The advance payed to TNT (minimum 1 month):

Thank you,
Dahlia Edain Hosannah

Envoyé : Dienstag, 14. April 2009 12:28
À :

Hello again,

The photos are from the actual place. Like I informed you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 890 CHF, I don't solicit deposit month. The rent, I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, I hope it will be no problem for you. You can stay in my apartment minimum 3 months, up to 7 years.
I would be happy to send me more details about you (age, what's your occupation, also you can send me a picture with you, this just to know us better..) Also, I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and how long...
The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys to check it, and see if you like it. In order of that, as I told you in my previous email, I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well.
The solution is provided by a company called " TNT Abroad Rentals ", they handles various services for people who are unable to reslove them alone (for people who have work contracts abroad, with locomotory handicap, etc. ) I will pay for their services.

Let me know if you are interested and I will describe you the entire procedure step by step.

Greetings,
Dahlia Edain Hosannah

De : Dahlia Edain Hosannah [mailto:dehosannahlausanne@googlemail.com]
Envoyé : Montag, 13. April 2009 23:57
À :
Objet : Re: ImmoScout24 - Kontaktformular (Referenz-Nr. 1439662)

Hello,
My name is Dahlia Edain Hosannah, I am a economist and I work for a large company in London.
I received your e-mail of interest for the rental of my apartment in Av. Druey 17, Lausanne listed at 890 CHF .
The reason why I want to rent this apartment is because I inherited it from my father in 2007 and I never lived there because my mother and father were divorced and I was raised by my mother in London, United Kingdom. I tried to sell the apartment but I couldn't get a fair price for it (due to the financial crisis) so I decided together with my mother to rent it to some nice people.
The apartment is exactly like you see it in the pictures, fully furnished, but I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs). Also, very important, the utilities (water , gas , electricity , Internet , cable TV , etc) are INCLUDED in the price of 890 CHF/month. You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I am unable to leave the United Kingdom because of my job, but you don't need to worry, I have made all arrangements to rent the apartment from here, an agency will take care of business for me (with no extra cost for you).

Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you soon !

All the best from London,
Dahlia Edain Hosannah
P.S. If you can not understand english please le me know and I will try to write in french. Or you can use this translation website: freetranslation.com

---------------------------------

Kontaktformular

Interessent:

Name:
Adresse:
E-Mail:
Telefon:

Obengenannte Person hat bei ImmoScout24 Ihr Inserat angeschaut und interessiert sich dafür.

Objekt:

Titel: Appartement de 3 pièces - Av. Druey
Referenz-Nr.: 1439662
Strasse: Av. Druey 17
PLZ, Ort: 1018 Lausanne
Bruttomiete: 990 CHF

Interessent vermittelt durch:

Scout24 Schweiz AG
ImmoScout24
Industriestrasse 44
3175 Flamatt
Tel.: +41 (0)31 744 21 11
Fax: +41 (0)31 744 21 22
E-Mail: info@immoscout24.ch
http://www.immoscout24.ch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:32 am 

Hi guys,
First A VERY BIG THANK YOU ALL for writing this blog… I owned you 1300 €! ?

I would like to share my experience hoping this will prevent other people from getting scammed.

I am looking for a flat in Milan (Italy) to share with my sister. It’ s a hard work … usual problems: little money, need to be as close as possible to office, acceptable house & (owner) … After long hours of internet research, I found the perfect house. I wrote to the landlady to get some more information (and keeping finger crossed as I was pretty sure the house was already rent… it was such a big deal …).
Here the answer I received shortly after:

“Hello,
Thank you for your interest. My name is Aurelia Rossi and from the internet add, you could see, that the apartment located in: Via Kramer Antonio, 21, 20129 Milano. It has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room 105m2.
I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in UK, Liverpool. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in Liverpool will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 2 months upto 1-8 years.. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.
The apartment is unfurnished.The rent for 2 months is 1300 EUR (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a solution.
Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Good luck,
Aurelia Rossi
P.S. Please tell me if this is what are you looking for and reply my only if you are truly interested in the apt.”

All this staff I already knew from the internet, so I asked if I could fix a meeting to visit the flat … Obviously, I couldn’t, but Aurelia made me a different purpose as you can see from this second e-mail

“Hi again,
Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in Liverpool already. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for 2 months of rent will be 1300 EUR, with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to recive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast.
I left the keys and contract of the apartment, already signed by me, at a company called http://www.moneybookers.com . They will handle the transaction (payment and delivery for us ).
We will use this company just for this time so we can trust each other.
Please let me know if you are still intrested to rent my apartment.
Thanks”

And I got even more detailed instructions from a third one:

“Hello again,
If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact http://www.moneybookers.com and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away. You can stay in this apartment max 4 years but the deposit is first for 2 months at rent and in the next months you will pay 650euro/month (month a month). I will need your full name and address for that. You will receive a notification from Money Bookers.com shortly after that with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well. Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money for the rent (1300EURO/ 2 months - first 2 months at rent) to a Money Bookers Agent from Liverpool. They will hold and insure your money until you will inspect and check the apartment and decide if you want to rent it or not. That is how their buyer protection policy works. As far as my concerns, I will be glad to know that Money Bookers has the possession of the money during the delivery period. That is my insurance. As soon as the funds have been deposited into their account, they will immediately start the shipping process. The keys and rental contract will be delivered at your address in no more than 2 days. You will be given a ten days inspection period from the day you receive the keys and contract at home. If you decide to hold the apartment, then you will have to authorize Money Bookers to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the apartment, you will be able to send the keys and contract back through the same service with no costs and ask Money Bookers to return the funds to you.
Though I am sure you will love the apartment, it is good to know that you do have this second option available. If you wish to proceed with renting the apartment, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through Money Bookers right away. Now to start this transaction I will need your full name and address to provide the details at the agency. You will receive a notification from Money Bookers.com shortly after that, with all the instructions .
Thank you !”

I started the procedure (so, unluckily, the she/he has now my name, address, …) but than I made some few control and I found out your website.

I got some few more detail on the scammer, as he/she sent me the invoice for payment

First name: Aurelia
Last name : Rossi
Address : 107 Old Hall St.
City : Liverpool
PostalCode: L3 9BD

I guess all fake information, but I share anyway … Or do you think we may have any chance in getting he/her?

Hope this will help!
Thank you all again!
Best
Ilaria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:34 am 

I have recently recieved an e-mail from tntdelivery-customerservice09@live.com which ive copied below, i entered it into goole and got this post so congratulations your system worked :)

The e-mail was from Karlis, Nicole M

The e-mail simply read:
Greetings!!! You have a bank draft of $780,000.00 USD, which await the outstanding payment of $195USD.Contact the TNT COURIERS SERVICES for claims with your information.(1)full name,(2)address,(3)country,(4)phone number Contact person: Gary Smith Email:tntdelivery-customerservice09@live.com Phone: +234 8038123878.Mrs Karlis, Nicole M

Post subject: Re: TNT Delivery Service / Susan's new last name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 am 

Susan placed a Craigslist ad, selling a Mac laptop. Her new last name is Steinmeyer, with this address: susansteinmeyer@live.com.

This ad was found in July 2009 on the Greensboro (NC) Craigslist.

Yes I still have the laptop. But there is something that I didn't mention in the post.
Please bear with me on this. I am now in United Kingdom. I have been relocated here with my work several months ago. I don't need the laptop anymore so I tried to sell the laptop locally, but with no luck. I was offered silly money for the laptop because of issues like - it is a US version or the warranty doesn't work here or that it has a US keyboard format. That's why I'm trying my luck in the US.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I found a service that will help us with that. Click on the link below to learn more about the service:

TNT is a worldwide delivery company but it is better known here in the UK. You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. In this way the both of us can be at ease. I will use 2 day delivery on my expense.

Thanks,
Susan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:30 pm 

Ah yes, just finished dealing with Ms. Susan Steinmeyer herself, though under a hotmail account for that name. This time it was a 40 inch tv. I got to the point of her sending the link to the TNT website with the supposed 3rd party shipping stuff.

After feeling super suspicious, i did a little bit of googling, found you guys, as well as several other forums with the same issues posted. Funny thing is that i just googled tnt shipping or something very innocuous, and found all the scam sites and info. You guys semi-saved my a$$ as I was half mulling it over even though it didnt feel right. Hope more people will search before they send money around and find out whats going on.

I noticed through reading the last bunch of previous posts of this persons emails that his/her language and persuasive skills have gotten better, making it seem more like a real person who is legitimate.

I am at the point in the little email exchange where i said id buy it, and she asked me for my full name and address. I decided to ask if i could send the info in an attachment (out of my feigned paranoia), and now i have the opportunity to send them a word document of whatever i want to say to them on it. I was thinking a highly offensive picture and a few choice words for these people when they open the attachment.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:05 pm 

I almost fell for the scam as well for a Macbook listed on Craigslist. Here is the information that I received under a potential new alias and e-mail account. Hopefully others can avoid this as I was able to thanks to other posts.

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:21:11 AM
Subject: RE: the 15inch MacBook Pro from Craigslist $450

Hi

Yes the price is $450.
I am sorry, I forgot to copy paste the TNT link. Here it is:

http://www.tntsolutionsuk.com/tnt.expre ... cking.html

Please read their procedure and get back to me.

Thanks,

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:26:05 -0700
Subject: Re: the 15inch MacBook Pro from Craigslist $450
To: ariannasonnenfeld@live.com

Hi Susan,

I am still interested and willing to purchase. 2 things: can you confirm price is $450 per the subject line of your e-mail and can you send the link to the delivery process from TNT.

Thanks,
Wes

Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:35:10 PM
Subject: the 15inch MacBook Pro from Craigslist $450

Hi

Yes I still have the laptop. But there is something that I didn't mention in the post.
Please bear with me on this. I am now in United Kingdom. I have been relocated here with my work several months ago. I don't need the laptop anymore so I tried to sell the laptop locally, but with no luck. I was offered silly money for the laptop because of issues like - it is a US version or the warranty doesn't work here or that it has a US keyboard format. That's why I'm trying my luck in the US.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I found a service that will help us with that. Click on the link below to learn more about the service:

TNT is a worldwide delivery company but it is better known here in the UK. You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. In this way the both of us can be at ease. I will use 2 day delivery on my expense.

Thanks,
Susan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:02 pm 

Copied below is the email I recieved today from TNT Delivery Service. For the price of $120.00, they will send me a bank draft of 450K.
I was born at night, but not last night. :|

I hope this site and us posting this crap keeps others from falling for it.

From: 'Linda Hagopian'<zjsxhg@public.zj.js.cn> Sent: Fri Aug 7 8:31

To: Priority: Normal

Subject: Contact TNT For Your Bank Draft of $450,000.00 USD Type: Text

Greetings!
I have gone to TNT Delivery Company to deposit your bank draft of $450,000.00 and some gift items my boss
left for you. At the moment, our office is closed till further notice.
Please contact Mr. Mark Dulle the Dispatch Director of TNT Delivery Company now for the delivery of your
bank draft, and please be informed that you will have to pay a security keeping fee of $120.00 before they
will send your bank draft to you. His contact details is outlined below:
Dispatch Director( Officer in Charge): Mr. Mark Dulle
E-mail: clients_services@sify.com
Tel: (+234) 802 112 5838
Finally, make sure you confirm your full name, postal address() and telephone number with TNT company to
avoid any mistake on your delivery and ask them to give you the tracking number to enable you track your
package.
Please, contact TNT Delivery Company now . Thank you.
Yours faithfully,
Mrs. Linda Hagopian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:10 pm 

I too received the exact emails, they even went so far as to send an email from TNT to confirm that the exchange had begun. I was on habitamos.com purchasing an apartment in Spain. After receiving the email "from TNT" I then felt pressured to continue with my end of the deal since they said I only had two days to make a payment, given that scam artist had already told me that they had to pay, I felt bad not doing it but I still had some pretty important questions that had to be answered before I would put down any money. For somebody who was so quick to respond before, they suddenly stopped responding and I stressed that if I only had 2 days to pay ir else the deal was no longer good then why wouldn't they respond with their normal urgency? So, I did some research. I had already looked at TNT's website, it looked legitimate so I thought it was fine but turns out that it is a real company but they are being scammed and that people are using it as a scam. After I manipulated the terms of the contract, that supposedly was already in TNT's custody, they claimed "yes yes you can have the apartment whenever for however long you need it, just put down the 2 months payment" yep, bit too anxious I'd say. I checked TNT's website and emailed them regarding this issue. Here's the email: e-crime@tnt.com. THank god for these websites. I am also going to report it to the local police. apparently some arrests have been made. I hope they catch them, it hurts me that people can't be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:13 pm 

I'm so happy that I found this site..I don't know wether to be happy or angry actually. Almost got scammed..
When it sounds to good to be true, it isn't..:

"Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in Manchester already. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for 2 months of rent will be 800 euros , with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to revive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to FedEx, DHL or UPS, which will handle both payment and delivery of the Keys.
I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys of it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained: http://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/h ... ivery.html
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter."

And after:
" I want to inform you that TNT will hold the money until you will confirm to them that you like the apt and keep the keys. If you don't like it, you only have to return the keys to them after they will refund the money to you and they will deliver the keys back to me on my expense.
I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit to TNT Service for 2 months of rent 800 euro so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract.
Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain to you step by step how this will work:
To start this transaction i will need to know your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address to proceed with this deal .
I go to the TNT Office and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
TNT will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they checked it.
At this point you will have to go to a WesternUnion Agent Location and make a money transfer deposit on the TNT agent name assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit is for two months of rent.
After you make the deposit you will have to send the infos about the money deposit to TNT (Reference Number, sender's name and address)
TNT will verify the payment informations and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
After you receive the package, You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if everything is in order you will instruct TNT to release the funds to me.
If you don't like the apt they will send your money back and you will send them the keys and the contract to them to return the package back to me on my expense. I will pay TNT Service for the shipping and you will pay WesternUnion for the Money Transfer fees.
Now i must know for sure if you agree because here are a lot of peoples interested to have this apartment rented and i want to know for sure what i must tell them. If you agree what i suggested i will tell them that my apartment is already rented and i will keep it for you. If you agree then i must have all the shipping details so i will be able to make all the arrangements for the TNT delivery.
Thank you for your interest and wait news from you."

She actually sent me a fake invoice from the fake TNT agent...man..makes me so mad
Her 'name': Sandra Lommen
Address PO Box 27
City/State Manchester
PostalCode M60 1SJ
Country United Kingdom

Raksha
(The Netherlands)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 pm 

BUt what can I do about this. Can I go to the police?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:30 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I would just cut off communication with the scammer

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:40 am 

I'm glad that I Googled TNT before falling for this. Here is the email traffic that I have received. Glad I found this site! Thanks!

From: sherwood.arianna@live.com [mailto:sherwood.arianna@live.com] On Behalf Of Arianna Silverman
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:15 PM
To: Randy Smith
Subject: Re: FW: the 46 inch SONY LCD, full HDTV Craigslist $370

Hi Randy,

Well, I found a way to sell you the TV that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the TV before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://euitaly-tnt.com/tnt.express.tori ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

Thanks.

Arianna Silverman
Chief Logistic Officer
http://www.niinivirta.it

On 9/28/2010 1:04 AM, Randy Smith wrote:
Arianna,

Yes I am still interested, but I was wondering what the shipping to
Zip Code 62221 would cost? Can you please research that and respond back,
so that my wife and I can figure the shipping into the cost. Thank you for
the response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arianna Silverman [mailto:arianna.silverman@live.com]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 12:19 AM
To:
Subject: the 46 inch SONY LCD, full HDTV Craigslist $370

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p full HDTV
from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Torino, Italy.
I am selling the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p, full HDTV, 120 Mhz for $370 USD. I
have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the TV.
The TV is still available and I hope you are still interested.This TV was
ordered brand new 4 months ago.
About the TV I can say it is 4 months old and it is in good shape, no
scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the
$370 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the
original manuals and warranty papers. The TV still has warranty for the next
20 months. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
The TV is here with me in Italy.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have
all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the TV mostly for the news and movies, so I would say it has
been only lightly used.
One more thing, the TV is an US version and it works on the US power and
plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really
interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 am 

I also inquired about the same TV from a made up email, and got the same response back, but now her last name was Snyder. Same first name for all three, but three different last names. I told her that I would be tracing servers for the reply I sent to find out where she actually was, and that she was busted. Thanks to the admin for putting up this site. Save me $$$. Here is the email:

Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:21 PM
To: Randy Smith
Subject: the 46 inch SONY LCD, full HDTV Craigslist $370

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p full HDTV from Craigslist

I am selling the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p, full HDTV, 120 Mhz for $370 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the TV.
The TV is still available and I hope you are still interested.This TV was ordered brand new 4 months ago.
About the TV I can say it is 4 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $370 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The TV still has warranty for the next 20 months. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the TV mostly for the news and movies, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
One more thing, the TV is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 am 

I got the same emails. I'm so glad I googled up TNT before I did anything. The website looked suspicious to me, which is why I decided to research it. How do you go about reporting them?

These are the emails they sent to me:

I am selling the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p, full HDTV, 120 Mhz for $370 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the TV.
The TV is still available and I hope you are still interested.This TV was ordered brand new 4 months ago.
About the TV I can say it is 4 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $370 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The TV still has warranty for the next 20 months. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the TV mostly for the news and movies, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
One more thing, the TV is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer

I won't return home so soon. I'll have to send it to you from here.
I found a way to sell you the TV that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the TV before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://italytnt.com/tnt.express.torino. ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next