ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dancers scam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:17 pm 

In the end of last year Antonio Epifani came to Holland for scouting dancers to go and work in Dubai. He needed 15 dancers and 15 dj. My friends had met him during summertime in Mykonos. There he was arranging dancers for a big discotheque in Mykonos. He had been doing that for the last 2 years. So things seem okay and confidetial. So at this point it was not a complete stranger, but be carefull because thats the way he opperates. He is little, good looking, smooth talker, polite and even looks sweet and lives in Bari, Italy. We had audiciences and at the end even had more then 15 dancers. Everybody had to pay a depostit , 400 euro for there stay, to make sure that they would stay the whole period and that they would show up at the airport. Many gave up there job, home or even car, because they where thinking they where going to Dubai for 6 months. Everything looked ok, cause we had contracts, copie of his pasport, his adres, everything. But at the end it was worth nothing. Everybody lost there money.

He gave me also a cheque as querantie for the money from the dancers but it was not covered and on top of the bill he stole my creditcard information and took alltogether 1000 euro from my creditcard account. So be carrefull. Police in Holland have all evidence.

He went to back to Italie and we would fly a few days later. But at the end he was not reacheable, made up lots of things, telling by mail everytime a different story. We went to the police and gave all evidence and it was in the newpaper in Holland. But the police did not do much and recently closed the case. Meanwile the topic I had posted for helping other possible victems was deleted so I post it again. Cause he did the same trick with 15 other dancers in a other country.

Anybody knows what to do? Normal police can not do anything because it is outside Holland.

Post subject: Re: dancers scam
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:44 am 

Now we know there are victims in 2 EU countries, but it could be lot more because Antonio Epifani had many adds on italian pages for job seeking so there could be also Italians involved. He also mentioned to me that he has one girl from Spain.

So please if there are any more victims of this scam, please contact me or zelmamore because we have to stop him and together we maybe can do something!

My story was already posted in section work scam under topic "dancers for dubai scam".

If there is anybody who knows anything about Antronio Epifani, please contact us or write your story here. We would also be thankful for any advice anyone can give us. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:00 am 

THANKS FOR YOUR WORTHFUL INFO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 pm 

Mykonos is a high-class resort island. It's like Las Vegas. People make stuff up about themselves and there's some unreality to it. Like many resort areas, people present their best side -- everything is about appearances. It's a haven for con artists. I know. I've been there.

An employer who wants to hire dancers won't ask for money up front. Period. They will pay for everything. If they need money from you they are flakes.