ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Craiglist Scam
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 pm 

He's still at it. F**ker. THERE WAS A PICTURE ATTACHED TO THE EMAIL. I think it may be malware of some sort. BEWARE.

Just received this.

lyndajames111@aol.com" <lyndajames111@aol.com>Add sender to Contacts To: XXXXXXXXXXX Message contains attachmentsmy pic.png (32KB)
Hi again ,
Thanks once again for the quick reply,I would have loved to call You but where i am now,i can only communicate through email but I will whenever i get reception but before that i will want to secure the place,I am very happy meeting a person like you,It 's nice reading from you again and i will never ever want to loose the place even without seeing the place ,i smell the kind of person whom you are and i like you,I will want You to know that i am okay with the cost ,if none is included again.....There many people moving over so you will have choices but i want to plead with you to rent for me
I got to believe that the person that one wants to live with matters most,i believe that you'll be a nice person,I just have my dressers,computer table,kitchen utensils and a queen size bed,2 big luggages and my car to be shipped....
With the way we ve communicated,I am okay with you and i want you to know that i don't want to make any travel plans without securing a place down now,so i ve let my dad understand more about you and the place,He is really comfortable and he told me that it is a nice area he had lived in the states before and he said that i should not afford to loose your place also he said that i should try and make sure that i hold down the place,so i thought of it and i will be making payment to hold down the place and the mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is United State Certified money order so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you.
And if YES pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service,your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit.I will prefer to send to your work address because you will always be available at work from morning till evening but if home address it will be sitting in your mail and no one will be at home to receive the package.And if you don't receive package at your office address then I guess your home address will be good for the delivery right ? But to avoid any delay of you receiving at home then I guess work address will be fine what do you think ? Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed asap bye for now..
Feel free to ask me any question(s) you have okay, and i am moving in by the mid week in March
Thanks...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:09 am 

I am yet another target of the rent/roommate scam. When Jeni walcot emailed me with the now predictable "I am leaving to see my sick uncle" email asking for my personal information in order to "secure the place I have for rent" with a phoney deposit i couldn't resist.

I emailed her back:

Jeni,

i don't know how this is possible but my uncle too is sick! I have to fly to Canada to be with him. My friend is going to stay at my place while i am gone. You can trust him, he's an FBI agent. I just explained your situation to him and he would be happy to take care of all the details. Shall i give him your address or would you like to talk with him directly?

sincerely

-d

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 am 

goghgirl wrote:

Jeni,

i don't know how this is possible but my uncle too is sick! I have to fly to Canada to be with him. My friend is going to stay at my place while i am gone. You can trust him, he's an FBI agent. I just explained your situation to him and he would be happy to take care of all the details. Shall i give him your address or would you like to talk with him directly?

sincerely

-d

Sweet, I love your reply to her. :mrgreen: Wander if she still wants the place.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:59 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

goghgirl,

Maybe while you are "visiting your uncle" you will win the Canadian Lottery, and you can then use those winnings to help out one of the many Nigerian Dignitaries to transfer the money from his estate out of the country. :mrgreen:

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:26 pm 

Unbelievable!! She's still at it....
Quote:
Jeni Walcot writes:
pls give him the details or just send me your add
and I'll send you the deposit since he'll be home to receive it.

Reminder: "him" she refers to is my ficticious friend "the FBI agent" who will be handling the rental arrangements.
I Should just ignore her emails. But still it could be fun working in the Canadian Lotto and a few other outrageous concoctions.

-gogh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:31 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

if you do this, you will be scam baiting

to find out how to do this and stay safe, go to 419eater.com

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:47 pm 

I have been getting mostly scammers replying to my ad--they probably can see that it has taken me a while to rent the place so I fit the "desperate" profile. Here are a few of the letters.

ONE

Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:56:41 -0700
Subject: RE: I "m Interested In Your Place

Hello
How are you doing today, hope all is well with you over there i really need the place okay and i want you to pls and pls keep it for me till the time that i will be in state okay and this all what i will need from you so that the payment can be sent out to you .

I will now need your FULL NAME, FULL ADDRESS AND CELL PHONE NUMBER so as to prepare the money orders/Cashier's Check. I will also like to know the
nearest airport to the house. I will also like to know if you will be available to come pick me up at the airport and show me around or if I should make alternative arrangement. I'll be so glad if you can reserve the Place for me and remove the adverts about the place as I'll love to rent the place..

Thank you

TWO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:12:57 +0200
Subject: roommate
To: bettyshoeman25@googlemail.com

Hi,
I saw your roommates ads, I am willing to rent a room or seek a roommates who is nice and honest.
My name is betty and I am 29yrs, Single and looking, never been married, I am originally from austria, but I spent most of my life in the London, UK, I am honest, trustworthy and caring person, who enjoy making good friends, I dont smoke and I dont drink.
I would have loved to come and look at the room, but I am not in the States yet, besides I'm familiar with how a normal American homes look, so I will trust you on what you tell me regards the room.
I am currently working in the UK, working on a Project(Biosphere Expeditions), for 24-26weeks, while I should be rounding up my program next week, I have plans to come to the States and start a branch for my compa ny, have thought about it carefully and I want to move to friendly city, where I can start my own life different from the one I have lived in the UK.
So I just want you to confirm the rent including utilities and if there is any deposit, whats the amount to move in all together? as soon as I pay the rent and deposit, when do I move in? I wont be able to come see it since I am not in the US at the moment.
What is the closest international airport to the house? I will ask my company's client in the US to send you a payment to cover for 2 months to confirm my willingness to occupy your space.
Will be looking forward to your full details where you would want the payment be mailed to:
Full Name......
Address:.....
City, Zip Code:...
Phone:...
Thanks, I will be waiting for your details so I can proceed with the payment, my picture is attached to this email.
Regards,
Betty

THREE

To: podette6@aol.com
Subject: Roommate
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:46:21 -0400

Hi,

How are you doing? Guess fine I presume. Am writing you in regards to your advert on Craigslist.com and I'm interested in your room apartment, Am from Australia and I will be having some seminars coming up soon in US. Right now am working for a Non Government Organization on a program on children with=2 0orphans and heart related probs.

My next program/seminars will be in US and I will need a room to stay for these seminars, so I want to secure a room before my arrival to the states. I can't wait to arrive to US cause I’ve heard a lot about US.Moreso I will be staying for the period of 11-12 months h, Pls do get back to me with the room description, move in rent fees for the first
month, Utilities and deposit if included. And if any picture of the room is available, kindly attach it with your reply please.

Hope to read from you. Have a wonderful and productive day.

Kindest Regards.

Linda..
FOUR

Subject: I'm highly Interested In Your Place For Rent
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:44:28 +0000

Hi There,

How re you doing? I hope all is well. I'm Belen Martinez, am 26 yrs old and Am originally from Barcelona, Spain Graduate of Huelva University on the Costa de la Luz , I have a master degree in interior fashion and I work as a professional fashion designer. I moved to Phoenix , AZ two year ago for work and that's where am living. I'm am not in the states right now, i am presently in West africa . I am currently working on contract for a company call (African Family Home Fashions) here in West Africa ( Nigeria ) which the contract will be ending soon. I will be returning to the states in two weeks time and I don't want to go back to my where am living in Phoenix because my house rent has expired there. I enjoy traveling, It is very interesting to get more knowledge about the new countries, new people and traditions. It's great to have such a possibility.
As i was searching through the web i saw the advert of your place . I would like to know maybe it's still available becasue i'm extremely interested in it. Here are the questions i would like to know about the room before planing to move in to the following questions below:

A}I will like to know the major intersection nearest your neighbourhood.like shopping mall,Churches,bus line e.t.c

B}I will like to know the total cost for the my initial move as in first month rent and if you accept deposit.
C}I will like to know if there is any garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over.
D}I will like to have the rent fee per month plus the utilities.
E}I will like to have the description of the place, size, and the equipments in there.

F}I will also like to know Your payment mode.
G}I will like to know if I can make an advance payment ahead my arrival
that will be stand as a kind of commitment that I am truely coming over and for you to hold the place down for me. I will be very glad to have all this questions answered with out leaving a stone unturned... Now a little about myself;I am from Barcelona, Spain : that means i am Spanish and had all my education in Spain . I am 26yrs old and very much single,the only child of my only parent,my mother alive, i lost my father and my only brother years ago while i was still a kid in an auto accident.I am currently living with my mom who's a catholic volunteer worker,but also manages her antique business. She is a volunteer at the sister's of the eucharistic heart of jesus convent,here in Barcelona , Spain . I have been wanted to relocated to the US longtime ago even while i was a little girl growing up and my mom is in support.It' been a long dreamed come true for me when i finnally settled in the US now. I have chosen your city for me to live when i arrive. I am easy to get along with and well mannered. I do not use people's items without permission and consideration. Kindly get back to me ASAP with the your monthly rent and the deposit i need to pay to enable you turn down other interested parties and keep the place for me until i arrive,because i will like to pay for the deposit before my arrival and i will like to know the total amount the rent for a whole year would be,as i am more interested in a long term lease,but still open to any form of lease you want. But i will like to pay the deposit first of all before i arrive to show my seriousness and so that you can hold the place for me until i arrive.I am single as i said and i am not attached to anyone at the moment. I do part time modeling; i call myself an amateur though,LOL,just something i take as a hobby and also i have a masters degree in interior fashion which i bagged from the Huelva University on the Costa de la Luz in Spain . I will be looking to pick up Fashion Designer jobs once i arrive in ur city, Fashion Designer is my life and i love it. I am new living all alone as i have lived with my mom alone in the past but i have no doubs in my mind about my ability to live peacefully with as i was raised to be a lover of peace. A friend just introduced me to this thing and i really wish that i am able to find the good cultured kind of Place i am looking for here. I hope i am doing it right anyways.LOL. Well,i think we will get along well because am a easy going person who respects ones privacy,like i said i dont do drugs or smoke but i drink only occasionally,i strongly believe there will be any problems rent the place to me as i was raised by strong catholic Christain parents and have inbibed such good qualities from childhood. I will love to see your pics and those of the place as well.I'll be so glad if you can reserve the place for me and remove all your the adverts abt the place as i'll love to rent the place. Get back to me ASAP

Thanks and have a good time.
Warmest Regards,
Belen

FIVE

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:41:57 -0700
Subject: Extremely Interested
To:

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt email,I'm so glad and happy to read from you...Thanks for letting me know about the place and the neighborhood,I'm okay with the price and i will love to rent the place from you even without seeing the place,cus you sound very interesting through your letter..I would have love to come and take a look at the place,but right now I have to be on a trip to Germany to take care of a patient,but really want to hold a place down.....More about me again i am a Dentist. I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with.. I'm 5"8' straight. i like tourism and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I Lived all my life in Madrid(Spain) as there was where i had my university education and stays with my Mom,before coming to stay with my uncle in UTAH..I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that I'll be doing good over there as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live over there...And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires about that now..

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures .I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furniture's,please let me know if there will be room for them..Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in as soon as its available,but want to secured it now

Thanks.

Jessicah ..

Last edited by rjduke on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 pm 

Just received another...with a picture of a hot blonde:

Hello,
I am linda pederson and i am 25 years old.I am interested in your room
for rent.I am a very tolerant person .I dont interfare into other
peoples matters.I like to respect their rules of the house. Pls i would be very much happy if i could get information about the place you goti don't
do drugs.I am a model(professional). Please you could email me at
linda_pedy2001@hotmail.com i look forward to hearing back from you.ASAP.

linda

6.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:22 pm 

...and another...

Fatok Mary (maryfatok@yahoo.ca)

Hello,

I saw your advert that You have a room available for rent and i am interested in knowing the availability of the place and i will also want to know
more about the neighborhood ,the place,the utilities included and the total move in cost for the room you advert.
I'll appreciates if you can email me because i really need the room asap and I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me and remove the advert
from craigslist.com as I'll love to rent the place.
ABOUT ME:
Name: Fatok Mary
Height: 5' 7"
Body Style: Athletic/Fit
Activity Level: Active
Smoking: No
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Languages I speak: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Education: Masters degree( Business Info)
ALSO
I'm a quiet and easy going person to live with. My families lives in Manchester. Am currently working on an assignment in relation to my study will love to come down as soon as possible to explore my talent and hope to have a more profitable job.
My favorite music: Dance/Electronics, Disco, Easy Listening, Pop/Top 40, Rap/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B and Soundtracks.
My favorite physical activities: Basketball, Working Out, Dancing, Swimming and Hiking/Walking
However, i will be making a payment for both deposit and move in. I must confess I'm OK with cost,and its quite reasonable and affordable. I had like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay for more than 12months. So you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date.and if there is any observation from you please let me know.
The things i will be moving in are as follow;
Suite case containing my books
my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theater
my clothes in three luggages
my desk top computer (COMPAQ) and pieces of furnitures.
Hope to hear from you soon
I would like to know the terms and conditions of the place and I'll also like to know a bit about yourself..
Thanks,
Mary.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:07 am 

...and another...

SEVEN

Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:52:47 -0700
Subject: LITTLE ABOUT ME
To:

Hello,
Am very sorry for getting back to you late...everything sound good and alright,well am Gloria Evans by name...27 yrs of age,from (Massena,NY 13662)......i will like to secure the room before my arrival and i will be coming back next week cos (i want to relocate),the deposit fees will be made out to you soonest to avoid any delay.Here is little about me i was graduated in (Columbia university in New york),and am into hospitality and tourism,but i chose modeling as profession.Am very humble and easy going lady,am good looking,quiet,gentle,simple,hardworking,i do modeling and humanitarian work for (Sos) Organization for a living as well,i love my work because it makes me traveled a lot...i was born in New York USA,but presently i will be moving to state finally from Paris.France,so all the payment arrangement is being take care of by my boss in the state,i love swimming,and going to cinema house and staying in door with my love ones...i love to make people laugh,and as well love meeting people,i bet it you will enjoy having me as your roommate,am not married,no kids.i love to enjoy the best of life.i love pets.i will love to tell you that my boss will issue a certified check or cashier check of ($3,500) to you due to the money he owes me (my pay check),i want you to deduct the extra $50 for your self for running around of cashing the payment,i will like to have the following..................................

1....Full name to be on the check
2....Street
3....City
4....State
5....Zip-Code not (p.o box)
6....Telephone# to reach you home and cell.

So that i can get this across to my boss for quick payment for the deposit,because is a busy man,he will be spe a king on behalf of me and i want to pay for a month for now and if i really enjoy the place i will now pay for another months.but i will t e ll him to call you anytime but in the meantime you can get back to me with the information to avoid any delay with your contact details for the payment...i will love to read more of you and also if you have a pics of yourself and the room you can send it to me.i will be looking forward to read from you today,till i read from you have a lovely and blissful day.

Thank you,
Respectfully..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:44 am 

here are the ones i got:

jemmie1100@gmail.com
Hi there
I am Jemmie, I'm replying to your ads on craigs list and I'd like to
know if the place is still available. Also let me know the
neighborhood and the utilities included in the place. A little about
my personalty. I am 28 year old,5"6' tall, straight,single and
nice,I'll love to live with clean,caring and responsible people.I am
presently in south-Dakota,I will love to move in as soon as possible,
but it all depends on the availability of the room.Just so you know,I
am french but I do speak english the best way i can so pls pardon my
mistakes, I am serious about renting and I would like to move in
before or by the end of this month depending on the availability of
the room I will try as much as possible to pay my rent before due. I
would wait patiently for your email.
Thank You...Aviour
Jemmie

dumbass couldn't even spell au revoir right.

d_desmond207@yahoo.co.uk

Hello,
I'm dave Kelly and i came across your profile for your place to be rented out.I am interested in renting your place for my neice who will be coming to the US.Please answer my following questions below:
1) I will like to know if your place is still available
2) I will like to know the rent fee per month and if you require deposit.
3) I want to know if you accept cashier check for payment so I can make an advance payment before her arrival that will stand as commitment
4) Lastly, I will like to know more about you.
I will be very glad to have all this questions answered.
Hope to hear from you soon
Best Regards
Dave

Thanks for your response.Its okay by me and i want the one at UIC.My neice name is kate blake.She is 22 years old student of Universty of East London.she is responsible,neat,non-smoker and easy going.I will send you my US cashier cheque of $3650 which i bought the last time i visited U.S.I am sending you that much money because my dad is very sick at the moment and i need to go out of town to take care of him and i need to go with all the money i have with me because i dont know how much money am going to spend for his hospital bill and take care of neccessary things.The cashier cheque is for US which is cashable at your bank and its not cashable here in UK.I made promise to my neice that if she performs very well in her exams in the University that am going to send her to the US.she has performed very well and i dont want to dissapoint her.So once you receive the cashier cheque,take it to the bank and cash it,remove the first month rent payment and Send the balance down to my neice through western union money transfer so she can buy her ticket and buy necessary things she will need to bring along because i will be away from town to take care of my dad because he is sick at the moment.Send me your name, address and phone number so i can write the cheque payable to your name.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible so i can send the cheque to you before i leave town to my dad's place

Regards

Hi there,
My name is Dawn Louise Jamison, I am 28 years old and I work full time, Monday through Friday and have weekends off except for once a month. I was born and raised in Fort Atkinson Wisconsin, but presently in Amsterdam Holland on a business trip for more than 10 months.......I am a professional, A Computer Consultant and I deal in various kinds of computer applications and software. I graduated in the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) 4 years ago and I have my B.sc in Computer Science... Please if you don't mind I will like to have answers to the following questions below:
i)I will like to have the rent fee per month plus the utilities.
ii) I will like to have the description of the Place, size, and the equipments in there.
iii) Also I will like to know if there is any garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over.
iv) I will also be coming with some of my furniture, that is if it is allowed, like bed, book shelf cos I read a lot, shoe rank etc
v) I will also like to know if I can make an advance payment ahead my arrival that will be as a kind of commitment that I am truly coming over and for you to hold the place down for me.
vi) If the #5 questions is YES, I will like to know the total cost for the initial move as in first month rent and if you accept deposit.
vii) I will like to know the major intersection nearest your neighborhood. Like shopping mall, bus line e.t.c
Lastly, I will like to know more about you and also I will like to have your pictures as for me to know how you look like.
Here is all I can say about myself for now.
I am not really a sports person, BUT I do love Hockey Games, I am a very outgoing person and fun to be with. I do play the organ and piano, and I do have BOTH piano and organ here at my house. I am not a drinker and I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. I would also like to go out with you on weekends and weeknights when I am free. I like going to movies, concerts, plays, I like camping, hiking, bike riding, swimming, and I love to travel.
I am a very dedicated individual who is totally committed to human development, friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything. I am a laid back person, I love traveling, sporting and Enjoy meeting people around the world. I am an easy going person and look forward to meet kind hearted, loving and caring person that is very responsible and understanding, someone I can really get along with. I will take my time to get you one of my pictures in my next mail for you to know how I look like, I am sure you will like me.
I am presently in Amsterdam Holland and I will be moving to USA fully to live for the rest of my life and start a new life and set up my own business as a Computer Consultant ( I have my resume). I will be staying in your Place as long as the lease is drawn.
I should be returning to America on before April 18th 2009
I need answers to my 8 questions above as soon as possible so as to arrange for you to get the money prior for my arrival to retain and consider the place is mine.. I will be making this advance payment ahead my arrival so that you can be rest assured that this is real since I am not in the state presently. If you think
I will be a good applicant to you and you are interested in renting the place to me
NOTE: Kindly address all emails to me directly to my private email box at djamison33@live.com
Thanks and have a good time.
Warmest Regards,
Dawn Louise Jamison

d.jamison333@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:52 pm 

katewille04@aol.com <katewille04@aol.com> is at it again..
SHe has sent me emails last week and this week, that look like the ones from last April and again more recently including her picture. The good news is that I gave her my husband's name and business address and phoine number NOT MINE OR OUR HOME.. She actually sent 4 moneygrams through Walmart .. and asked me to cash them and send the extra money to her shipper .. then she told me I had sent them to the wrong shipper and asked me to get that changed.. all the time NOT filling out the lease agreement I sent her..
SO, I cashed two of the money orders at one bank and then other at another credit union ... neither has contacted me saying they werent legit. I only sent a small portion of the first money order to her "local" shipper in Detroit when she asked me to send the rest to her "local" shipper in Georgia. The money grams came from a Walmart -Fed Ex'd from a company called ABB in MD. I cant figure out what the real scam is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:37 pm 

Quote:
I cant figure out what the real scam is.

To part you with your money.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:29 am 

Wish there was a universal way to warn people not yet aware that there is a typical pattern of language and stories tin e-mails about wanting to rent a room CraigsList is a popular target and to send us money from "somewhere'' thanks to dead generals, deceased folks with no will who have our family names or we are the lucky beneficiaries, oil revenues, lotteries. The most common Craigs List one is they send a cheque/check but the receiver is to send back $xxx to pay for shipping, of course the check is false and the sender loses money. I have not been taken but too many have. "if it sounds too good to be true, it is FAKE!! :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 pm 

I believe this is the same person who scammed me. Using different name, but other things are similar. Now is using the alias Nicole Wayne, 27, pediatric nurse, French, living in South Dakota under the support of sick Uncle. Has to go tend to sick Uncle in France, will I pay shipping fees? Names are different, but scam is the same.
Other aliases are Jeni Walcot, Lynda James, mindymit202, gloria.4youalone, jemmie1100, dhopeofyears, to name a few.
This is a Craigslist Scam
Any emails using terms such as "I smell the kind of person who you are", and "I will want to secure the place down." is the same scammer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next