ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gabrial Pennicott - conartist extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 am 

Forward is the understanding from your group, hope your money will be back and thief will be caught, good luck for all.

[From azztek] ok Jeff, this is good, nice to know you are willing to help. I will stop bothering your families, friends, and business associates for now. Also, I will not mention you in the SEC complaint I am sending on Wednesday. Since you are still dealing with David you should recommend he get us some cash really soon or I will start killing over $8 Billion in business that he is working on.

[2008/9/20 0:10:45] Bob River ?? Also, why don't you help us? add us to a deal just a point or two on a deal nobody will care. Loan me a couple of million to get into a trade I will split it with you. You know you can do it. Let's work together here.

[2008/9/20 6:22:30] Bob River ?? Jeff, Here is another option. I just spoke to someone who has a trade deal that pays 60% weekly. Minimum is $1M and they ping the account. So do this put $1M in an account for me to go into the trade. I will pay you back from the profits and then use the additional profits to set up the group into the trade so everyone can get paid back. All you need to do is a short term loan, I will even give you some of the profits, that will go into an account that you can set up. We can work out the details and you can even talk to the traders. let me know.

azztek wrote:
Mr. Jeff Liu, we do not have to track down anyone. We know them ALL. They are the officers of your company--CICM. You are responsible for YOUR officers. Return our money and we will go away. We have the bank statement. It shows who got our money and how much they got. I will post it if you like...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Breaking in here for a minute . . .

Does any of this still have anything to do with Gabrial Pennicott? If not, I think a new thread should be started with the new topic, so that the thread on Pennicott does not continue to grow with info that is not related to him.

Thanks,

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:33 pm 

Gabrial Pennicott's - Commital trial (47 charges) + Jan Li (6 charges) - starts 2 February 2009, at Melbourne's Magistrates Court, William St - open to the public.

Evidence against fraudster Gabrial Pennicott & his criminal partner "Jan Li" will be presented over the booked 3 week trial period by lawyers employed by Melbourne's Department of Public Prosecutions (D.P.P.).

36 witnesses are scheduled to give evidence & be examined.

At the conclusion of this committal trial, the magistrate will refer the matter to Melbourne's County court, to schedule a full criminal trial.

Gabrial & family now live at Mermaid Waters, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.

Last edited by anja on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am 

Today (2 Feb 2009)as listed by skywatcher, Mr. Gabriel Pennicott should be starting the committal trial on the fraud charges. hope to see some updates as to what is occurring. Because I Live in Canada, not much information coming forward. hope someone from down under can give an update..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:27 am 

I also hope to hear about updates as I live in the US and had many bad dealings with him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:31 pm 

jay mck wrote:
Today (2 Feb 2009)as listed by skywatcher, Mr. Gabriel Pennicott should be starting the committal trial on the fraud charges. hope to see some updates as to what is occurring. Because I Live in Canada, not much information coming forward. hope someone from down under can give an update..

Just searched the Melbourne Herald-Sun newspaper and found nothing mentioned....
Nothing in the Age newspaper either....Or on either of their web sites...

Case may have been delayed or there is nothing to report yet....I'll check again tomorrow(Wednesday)...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:53 pm 

A "committal trial" ("depositions hearing") was held from 2 - 19th February 2009, at Melbourne's Magistrate's court, Victoria, Australia during which 36 witnesses were examined by Gabrial Pennicott's barrister - Jim Kennan (ex Victorian Attorney General, of Rob Stary & Associates, Melbourne), and Jan Li (Lum Lee's) barrister - Mr. Strong. Mark Gibson prosecuted for the Department of Public Prosecutions ("D.P.P.") on behalf of A.S.I.C.

The Australian Securities & Investment Commission ("ASIC") website: http://www.asic.gov.au notes the following:

"09-23AD Gabrial Neil Pennicott and Jan Li committed to stand trial

Friday 20 February 2009

Mr Gabrial Neil Pennicott of Mermaid Waters, Queensland and Ms Jan Li of Blackburn South, Victoria, yesterday appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court and were committed to stand trial in the Melbourne County Court.

Mr Pennicott was committed to stand trial on all 47 charges laid by ASIC under the Corporations Act and Victorian Crimes Act. Mr Pennicott entered a plea of not guilty to all charges and is currently on bail.

Ms Li was committed to stand trial on all six charges laid by ASIC. Ms Li pleaded not guilty to all charges and is currently on bail.

A case conference for Mr Pennicott and Ms Li in the Melbourne County Court was set for 30 April 2009.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions is prosecuting the matter.

Background
Please refer to previous ASIC media releases 07-112, 07-342, 08-03 for further details in relation to the above matter"

5 witnesses flew to Melbourne from Queensland; 4 flew in from Perth in Western Australia; whilst one - Pennicott's ex "P.A." was examined by video conference from London; one family - a husband & wife and their 2 adult sons were examined, amongst many other couples & single victims. Other witnesses included A.S.I.C. officials, company directors, and forensic accountants. All witnesses against Pennicott & Li turned up. There were none for Pennicott & Li.

The future county court trial is expected to last a minimum of 2 months, and is likely to be timetabled after the upcoming case conference on 30 April 2009. The trial itself is likely to take place around July 2010, when either 58 or 63 witnesses will be called against Pennicott & Li.

Dozens of victims from whom Pennicott stole sums ranging from $675,000, $500,000, and $330,000, $250,000, etc, down to lesser amounts of $3,300, are celebrating.

This trial does not, however, address the concerns of victims of Pennicott's other scams such as the seperate Rapid Mobile Phone Charger ("R.M.P.C.") scam; the Wine Purchase scam; the Vehicle Purchasing scam; The Property Purchase scam; the Short Term Financing Scam, etc.

Serve Legal documents via Pennicott's lawyers: Rob Stary & Associates - Melbourne.

Last edited by anja on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:58 pm 

Hi, is anyone able to supply me with a current address in Mermaid Beach for Mr Pennicott? I have some documents I want to arrange to have served on him.

Any details can be sent to me through the email link below if you don't want to post them on here. Thanks Owen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:10 pm 

currently pennicott is talking with members of a gold coast christian outreach centre/church, as part of their "support group"
he has connections with grant thomson of NZ who is a member of the church along with his large family of 9 children
grant thomson is in talai, gold coast hinterland and has many businesses running throughout Australia. NZ and Asia
claiming to having been a successful businessman with datacol in NZ where he made big money when the business sold
does pennicott think thomson is his next business partner... using thomson as a front man to get him involved in local gold coast businesses......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 am 

grant thompson is one of the owners of formal wear xpress: this is a mens suit company running out of the gold coast in australia.
they have a shop in ashmore selling suits and menswear, but if you look them up on the WWW, they are a Australia wide company, so they must have other shops around. I think ashmore is the head office
pennicot is trading with formal wear xpress and working out of the office in ashmore.
not sure of the full address but its on ashmore road
other guys working with him are grant thompson, jeff edges, and bobbie, christine and nicholas seterfield.
WHY does ASIC not stop Pennicot running businesses????????????
ASIC pull your socks up!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:27 am 

my company was contacted by Pennicott on behalf of Formal WEar Express.

I have since looked him up on the net and according to his bail conditions he cannot have anything to do with companies.
ASIC DO SOMETHING HE IS A MAJOR DIRECTOR WITH FORMAL WEAR EXPRESS. HOW CAN THAT BE?WHY is this guy allowed to continue to behave in this way??????????
He is making a mockery of the Australian Law System
If I was a consumer, I would NOT be having anything to do with Formal WEar Express. I thought they had a good name, but WHY would they be dealing with a guy such as this? I CERTAINLY WOULDNT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY AS WHEN PENICOTT IS INVOLVED IT LOOKS LIKE MONEY HAS A HABIT OF DISAPPEARING
Richard Skase #2 and laughing all the way to the bank getting away with breached bail conditions
Shame Australia Shame

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:14 pm 

What a complete load of rubbish!

This hate group against Pennicott is so pathetic!

"Concerned" If you were really so CONCERNED about Thomsom he would know about it and about your concerns. You would have aired your concerns to Thomoson or his wife specifically. Other than that you are just being very underhanded.

Pennicott is not a director or shareholder of the company on the coast. He has NOT breached any conditions of his Bail conditions. He is able to operate businesses. The charges against him are being answered and addressed directly by him. He agreed to voluntary extradition to prove that point. Further, Pennicott has not been charged with taking anyone's money which seriously diminishes all of the previous posts.

If you want to be a hate group, then fine, hate all you want. Get your facts straight first. Perhaps you should focus on your own life because Karma is a live and very well and if you pass judgement on someone then be very prepared for judgement to be passed on you.

Pete

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:38 am 

FYI found this dated 5/26/09

Melbourne conman Gabrial Pennicott, who fled Australia more than four years ago owing investors up to $20 million, will be tried on 47 charges.

The former fugitive and his business partner, Jan Li, have been committed to stand trial in the Melbourne County Court over a string of collapsed property development schemes that lured investors via "wealth-creation seminars".

The alleged conman was arrested in Canada in April 2007, days after The Australian revealed he was living in a multi-million-dollar mansion in Lion's Bay, about 30 minutes north of Vancouver. Mr Pennicott, who had been allegedly using the names Gabe Pennycott and Gabe Penycote, fled Australia in December 2004, the day after he was interviewed by the corporate regulator, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

One of the investors burned by the failure of Mr Pennicott's companies, John Johnston, a retired Victorian police detective of 30 years' experience, yesterday welcomed the trial. "There are investors from all over Australia involved in this from all different walks of life," Mr Johnston said.

"It's taken a number of years to get to this stage and although it's unlikely we'll recover any money, justice is being done."

Mr Pennicott faces 11 charges relating to false and deceptive conduct, six charges of dishonestly using his position as director, and four charges of obtaining property by deception.

Ms Li faces six charges relating to allegedly dishonestly using her position as a company director and allegedly transferring shares at artificially inflated prices.

Mr Pennicott and Ms Li have pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

Mr Pennicott, a former business associate and student of property spruiker Henry Kaye, was arrested after a group of about 20 investors, tired of inaction by the corporate regulators, hired a private investigator to track him down and provided ASIC with his Canadian address in May 2006.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:52 pm 

On 18 June 09, a Case Conference was held at the Melbourne County Court (Melbourne, Australia).

At the case conference, Mr Pennicott and Ms Li were scheduled to stand trial in the Melbourne County Court on Monday 26 July 2010. The trial is scheduled to last 12 weeks.
Mr Pennicott will stand trial on all 47 charges.

People interested in Pennicott's other scams should check out the following links (copy & paste them):

http://www.stockwatch.com/newsit/newsit_newsit.aspx?bid=Z-C:*SEC-1600314&symbol=*SEC&news_region=C

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2009/lr21011.htm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:42 pm 

Witnesses against Gabrial Pennicott & Jan Li have now all been served with subpoenas requiring them to attend to give evidence at the County Court of Victoria, 250 William Street, Melbourne. Vic 3000, Australia on 26 July 2010, in the case of the "The Queen and Gabrial Neil Pennicott & Jan Li", the case being prosecuted by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions.

Victims look forward to the day sentence is handed down post trial. Lets hope we get a "hanging judge".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next