ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:38 pm 

I cant believe this...This has ruined many lives including mine..What is the next step how do we report our loses?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:45 pm 

Inmate Locator - Locate Federal inmates from 1982 to present
Name Register # Age-Race- Release Date
1. DAVID A PETRY 14942-083 40-White-M 01-18-2002 RELEASED

THE MAN IN CHARGE OF PROMAC---

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 pm 

Start by mailing all your receipts to the FBI. THen go to sec.org and file a complaint. I have the #'s if you need them but there all over the place. I know your pain brother. Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:38 pm 

can you let me know the numbers and what you did?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:34 pm 

One of the loans that Agape had with us was for a company called "Goldan LLC". This loan went from April 25, 2008 - July 11, 2008. I didnt know how legit this "Goldan LLC" was, so I googled "Goldan LLC" and found the following info:

Goldan LLC
585 Stewart Ave Ste 790
Garden City, NY 11530-4701
Phone: (516) 228-2121

I called the office back in June, and got a hold of Goldan's secretary. i asked to speak to Mark Goldan, she told me he would call me back, he never called me back. The next day I attempted to contact Mark Goldan again, and again no response back. I tried a total of 4 times to get in touch with Mark Goldan of "Goldan LLC" with no call back.

I am not saying he has done anything illegal, but it strikes me as very odd that the guy would not return my phone calls.

That being said....i think he needs to be questioned by the authorities as to what his dealings were with Nick Cosmo.

How do we go about getting the authorities to talk to this guy? He may help us shed some light on this whole mess. I hope someone out there will take the initiative to let law enforcement know about this man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:37 pm 

jazyjman wrote:
Start by mailing all your receipts to the FBI. THen go to sec.org and file a complaint. I have the #'s if you need them but there all over the place. I know your pain brother. Jeff

do you mean sec.gov?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:23 pm 

Walker it is funny you bring Goldan LLC up..I googled that name before I put money in that loan and i found an article on the internet saying that Goldan LLC. was purchasing the ADP building in Long Island..So i thought it was legit..Something is not right here...Now when I try to google Goldan LLC nothing comes up about the ADP building in long island..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:38 pm 

If you received a January Agape Merchant Advance check, expect it to bounce! Mine did!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm 

Unfortunately, we have been victims to this scam as well. We tried to get our money out, but it was "delayed" in Carriage. We never made a cent and lost our life savings and children's college money - shame on us for that!! My brother is a lawyer (scolded me for never showing him any of the paperwork prior to our investment, but enough could have, should haves..)and has been advising me not to pursue any class action suits at this time, especially ones that are asking for fees. He has advised me to try to get a group of victims together and contact the Attorney General's office for a meeting. Having the Attorney General investigate this situation would be a benefit for all, particlarly since it would not be at any further expense to the vicitms. If anyone is interested in pursuing this, please pm me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 pm 

Invested, I sent you a p.m.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:40 am 

Invested--
If you are talking about the NYS Attorney General's Office, they were brought this case in August 2008 and rejected it.
The investigator in the AG's Manhattan office said the P.I. who brought in the case "likes to make mountains out of molehills".
I have more if you want to trade info. PM me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:35 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

invested,
I think that is great that your brother is giving you advise on how to proceed. (if he would ever like to work with helping victims of other scams, tell him to contact me . . . I could refer everyone in his area right to him!)

spacedoutli,
I would still encourage everyone to contact the AG's office. They rejected this case before all of this hit the media and before the arrest last week. They could look at things in a different light now, and the more people that bring it to their attention the better.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:28 pm 

Admin,
Thanks! My brother is acting on my behalf and actually has a "very full time job" working for one of the universities. I will relay the message to him. We certainly need to unite and flood these offices so that they will really listen to us! No one wants bad press and I agree that there is strength in numbers.

Thank you to everyone, and anyone else interested in making a collective complaint (or a petition) to the NY State Attorney General, pm me. By all means send your paperwork to the FBI, USPS, SEC and AG . I am looking to get a petition for a meeting or something similar so that we can further our cause in seeking justice. The NY State AG may have the means to pursue litigation at no further cost to us "victims."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm 

Hi everyone. Me, my mother, and 2 good friends of mines also lost money in Agape World and would also like to get together with some people that have lost their funds to see what we could do to get our money back. Please accept my PMs. I invested money in the Jackson Heights area.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:40 pm 

Does anyone knows if there is somekind of help for victims of a scam. Therapy and or some emergency loans that maybe the government might be able to help?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next