ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:54 pm 

guys it took years for the SEC and feds to take action on Madoff,..it could take years here as well.

If the loans are legit then fine. However I still have a problem with the company not following any type of regulations that they are supposed too.I have a problem with a convicted felon for investment fraud being allowed to conduct this kind of business. Perhaps if they had better business people working there some of the loans that they did make and defualted could have been prevented. But well it just seems like a lot of get rich kinda guys with no business sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 pm 

Wake up people, did you read kesslers press release they were hired by the nj businessman that invested 3mil, they alerted the feds and the authorities in jul 08, if you read the article in july with an open mind they were telling you back then that agape is a ponzi, of course they couldn't come out and publish the name due to lawsuits, but if anyone did any research into this company you would definitely say, this isn't legit. Read the article how many bridge loan companies in LI have a convicted felon as the president. One more point when nick was asked what happened to the money why would he make a statement requesting a lawyer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 pm 

when did he say that?? and if the feds where told back then, what happenend?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 am 

Sounds like it ccould be Agape.

http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/promise.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:10 am 

Sounds like heartbeat knows what he is talking about. I along with others, have thousands of dollars invested in the company. Call me crazy, but I am trying to be optimistic. And awaiting some type of communication from Nick Cosmo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am 

WNBC AND CNBC WORKING THIS STORY MONDAY - ANY INVESTORS WHO WANT TO SPEAK OUT - PLEASE CALL 212-664-2731. THANKS.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am 

To all fellow investors.....Nick has left a voicemail explaining the circumstances on his extension. 631-231-5600 x301. Letters are going out to all clients which you will receive by weeks end. Nick states he can not answer all calls nor can he return all calls.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:13 pm 

I dont want to start any rumors but i just heard that Nick Cosmo got arrested. Can anyone confirm this?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:23 pm 

ABC is reporting that Nick will be arrested by the Feds TODAY.

LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- An investment firm on Long Island is under investigation for allegedly scamming its clients.
Nicholas Cosmo, the president and CEO of Agape World in Hauppauge, is accused of bilking investors through a long-running scheme.
Cosmo is expected to be taken into federal custody Monday and is expected to be charged with mail fraud.
As federal authorities prepared to make the arrest, angry investors descended on the business for a second day, demanding information on their accounts.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti ... id=6624869

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:38 pm 

Thanks for quick reply. I am an investor that has money invested with Agape what can I do to to help protect my money or at least get some of it back?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:40 pm 

Best thing you can do is contact the DA, SEC, FBI at the numbers from an earlier post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:12 pm 

Why is Cosmo standing firm that his clients will get their money back and this wasnt a ponzi? Why doesnt he just throw in the towel if he lost all our investments so we know? How and why is this mail fraud with Postal Police as the lead investigative agency? How does this affect us? Does anyone know? I dont get it? FBI # is 631-501-8600.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:41 pm 

hartbeat50 wrote:
Why is Cosmo standing firm that his clients will get their money back and this wasnt a ponzi? Why doesnt he just throw in the towel if he lost all our investments so we know? How and why is this mail fraud with Postal Police as the lead investigative agency? How does this affect us? Does anyone know? I dont get it? FBI # is 631-501-8600.

I can help with some of those questions. As i hear not all of the loans are defaulted. 3 of 5 of them are so which means some people will get there money back quickly as for the rest they will have to wait till the properties under the loan get sold, until then those investors will recieve there money.

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to investors out of the money paid by subsequent investors rather than from profit. This is from wikipedia.

I am an investor and i am angry and dont know what to do but all I can do is wait. Also contact the FBI and put your name on the list.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:51 pm 

libn.com is reporting FBI raided Agape World office.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:53 pm 

CNBC just did report on Agape, it's now gone national

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next