ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:56 pm 

I have been reading all these posts for the past year or so on Fat Wallet and now SVU...All i can say i have been investingwith Agape for 1.5 years...In the past 1.5 years i made a lot of money...Am i nervous it could end yes i am..I work in the financial field now and seeing people loose all the money in the market is upsetting...My own 401k plan is down 45% this year...Why not take a portion of your assets and invest in something like this or another bridge loan company..Kennedy Funding has been around over 20 years..I guess they are a scam also..All i know is that me and my friends who invested just about made are money back in the past year and a half now i am playing with there money..All this bashing is not fair to Nick or the company..I know they are still paying out because i just got my check from the Enso Steel deal...

Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:27 pm 

Did you get interest? principal? both??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:29 pm 

I just got the interest thats all i take out...I know people that got both principal and interest...Everything is fine they just had a lot of redemptions at the end of the year and bc of the current economy and the borrowers have been slowed paying them back...All the loans will be paid out in Jan and Feb...Are you waiting on checks?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 am 

Thanks Ballin: Yes from the carriage loan...I know several (4 to be exact) that are waiting on money that the rep said was mailed out on Dec 19. I wonder why its taking so long??? Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 pm 

The one that paid out on the 19th was the Enso Steele deal...I believe the Carriage Loan was the one that was tied up..It was suppose to end Sept 29th and it got extended...That i heard is paying out Jan 27th...Supposedly they are giving an extra point to the loan that got extended...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:33 pm 

fyi: People i know personally have still not recieved checks that they were told were mailed out Dec19???? (As of today)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:52 pm 

I also know a few people(5) that's still waiting on checks. Anyone out there still waiting on checks?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:10 am 

I have a source that tells me that this thing has collapsed, and that a local newspaper is about to scoop the whole thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:57 pm 

is your source someone in law enforcement, someone inside the company?? please elaborate as much as you can.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:21 pm 

Where did you hear this info from that this is about to crumble? Or are you just trying to make investors more nervous then they already are? As far as the checks go my friend received his interest check for the Enso Steel deal that went out on Dec 19th...The people that you know were probably requesting principal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 pm 

Investors have a right to be nervous with all the investment scams starting to surface. If investors want their money, they should be able to get it without delay. If they have to wait for their money, then something is wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:44 am 

Ballin: You are correct, the people I know are requesting all of their money. What are you trying to say, you can only pull interest out? That doesn't seem right now does it?

This is a direct quote from http://www.agapeworldinc.net (point number 2 in the investor information section)

* "Investors are in complete control of their funds and are able to access at any time."

Doesn't seem so in this case.......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:38 pm 

Anticrime: Any word from your people about their money? The people I know are still waiting....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:29 pm 

SEC uncovered another ponzi today. Seems like they are going after ponzis following the Madoff scandal.

http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2009/2009-5.htm

Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2009 — The Securities and Exchange Commission has charged a Philadelphia-area investment fund manager and his firm for conducting a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme, and has obtained an emergency court order freezing their assets.

According to the SEC’s complaint, Joseph S. Forte of Broomall, Pa., fraudulently obtained an estimated $50 million from as many as 80 investors through the sale of securities in the form of limited partnership interests in his firm, Joseph Forte, L.P. The SEC alleges that Forte told investors that he would invest the funds in an account that would trade in securities futures contracts, including S&P 500 stock index futures. According to the complaint, despite the impressive and consistent returns he reported to investors, Forte consistently lost money in the limited trading that he did, withdrew millions of dollars in so-called fees for his personal use based on the falsely inflated value of Forte LP, and used investor funds to repay other investors.

“As alleged in our complaint, Forte engaged in lies, deception and rapacious behavior at the expense of innocent investors, many of whom considered themselves his friends and close acquaintances,” said Daniel M. Hawke, Director of the SEC’s Philadelphia Regional Office. “Using other people’s money, Forte promised and reported outrageous returns over more than a 10-year period, and because of his relationships with investors was able to lull them into trusting him with their funds.”

The SEC’s complaint alleges that Forte has been conducting a Ponzi scheme since at least 1995. Forte, who has never been registered with the SEC in any capacity, has admitted that he misrepresented and falsified Forte LP’s trading performance from the very first quarter. From 1995 through Sept. 30, 2008, Forte and Forte LP reported to investors annual returns ranging from 18.52 percent to as high as 37.96 percent. However, from January 1998 through October 2008, the Forte LP trading account had net trading losses of approximately $3.3 million.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:06 pm 

Investor07
Several of them said that they were told they would get their checks on Jan 16,2009 from the Esperanza contract. With all the ponzi schemes turning up I think it's only a matter of time for this one.

Anyone that invested with Agape should check out fatwallet:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance ... ?start=140

http://www.myspaceprofiles.org/profiles ... 228129730g

They say he is one of the reps at Agape. he sure has some nice cars,
Where is he getting the money?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next