ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shipping Scam
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:07 pm 

Hi all, thank you for this information, we almost got done until we googled it. here it is:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Owner,
To whom it may concern.My name is Rev Mark Jones I am sending this email in regards of some balm products.I want to know whether you have the Lip Balm and Hand Balms instock.If yes,Can you please email me with the prices of the balms you have instock now and do you accept all the major credit card as payment?
Looking forward for your reply.
Best Regard
Rev Mark Jones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Peter,
Thank you very much for submitting the quote to me I want you to know that is the correct price and information i needed and i want you to know I am sending this order to an orphans home in South Africa so I want to recommend you to a shipping that will come to your location and pick this up and then send it to the orphans in South Africa I want you to contact this shipping company with your location address and then the total Quantities and types of the products along with the orphans home address below.

DELIVERY ADDRESS.
South African Charity Homes and
Orphans
02154 Old Lisbeth street Ave.
South Africa, Johannesburg,00451

And also below is the contact information for the shipping company.
SHIPPERS CONTACT INFORMATION
Name of shippers: Fast Shipping Company Ltd
E-mail: fastshippers@deliveryman.com
Contact Person: Chris Lee.

I want you to go ahead and send an email the shipping company with the following information.

1. Your location Address.
2. The Orphans Delivery Address.
3. Quantities and types of the Product.

Please kindly email the shippers those information and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location and pick this up and then deliver it to the orphans home and as soon as you hear back from them i want you to add the
shipping cost to the cost of the product and email me the final total so that I can make the final payment for you to proceed with this order ok Thank you and I will be waiting to read from you Again.
Regards.
Rev .Mark Jones

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:58 am 

We are in Perth, Western Australia. We were contacted today by a Mary Jay (maryjay57@yahoo.com), who said she was in Queensland and wanted to order 350 bottles/jars of hand lotions and creams. She phoned and faxed, speaking poor English and said we would be contacted about the shipping through Faith Cargo Shipping (in Ghana, of course). The email from Faith Cargo (faithcargoshippers0@cooltoad.com) asked for $3200 shipping to be sent by Western Union to Ghana. Right. We of course, quoted her from Australia Post, which would only charge $1200, saving her over $2000. Additionally, the owner of this company is South African, but when I told Mary by email that she was South African and could speak Afrikaans, I heard nothing more from her. Additionally, the letter from the shipper was signed Chris Lee (same name on the other scams). The shipping for the "SOS Childcare's Village Association South Africa" (the so-called orphanage) was to a post box in Johannesburg.
Ridiculous. Surely no one has fallen for this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:02 am 

i'm still playing with them lol. waiting for credit card information now... then i'll phone visa to let them know the numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 pm 

Early this morning, I received yet another email, reading:

Hello Jo,
Thank you very much for your concern about my order and I will like to used the faith Cargo Shippers as the wish of the organization.. So kindly add the shipping cost to the total price of the cream and let me know the full amount and e-mail me that and I will provide you my master card for the payment.. Am not African. Am half American and also half from Japan. I will like you to add the cost of the faith cargo shippers to the cream and I will go on with payment. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Stay bless

Thank You
Mary

Then she phoned at 8:30, saying she got my email about "saving her $2000" but would like to proceed with Faith Cargo. Playing along with her, I explained that anyone who would pay that much was being robbed. She said (in her broken English) that she would like to go ahead because of the wish of the "organization." I told her that I couldn't understand that (of course, I could), and that if she wanted to overpay the shipper she should do that herself. She said the shippers required to be paid by the place they pick up, not her. I told her that shippers the world over (and anyone else, for that matter) don't care WHO pays them, as long as they get paid, and she should do that herself. She then changed tack and said she had better find someone else to buy this product from who would be more cooperative. I agreed. End of saga... but not the end of others being scammed by this absurd process. Who in the ding dong would ever be stupid enough to pay shippers $3200 before they even show up here in Perth, paying them in Ghana??? She also said she was not African, but half American and half Japanese... a fine product of those two cultures (I am American and embarrassed by any such claims). Hopefully, their labors will not produce any fruit from anyone crazy enough to be taken in by it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm 

thanks very much for this alert and service

i almost got done too

same chick mary jay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:34 am 

lol i'm still playing with rev. Mark Jones and then I get a email from rev. Nick Woods wanting oils (100 of them) so i'll have a play with this one too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 am 

But is it worth playing along with idiot criminals, who can't even spell? I love the one from the Reverend "Brain" Moore. More like "no-brain" Moore.
...Jo
PS... Just joking over a serious breach of faith in my fellow human beings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:26 am 

just waiting for a master card number now.... who do you contact about these numbers? that way the card number can be stopped..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:07 pm 

Hi I have just been contacted by the Mary Jay also.
for 300 body creams & Oils seems like the same tactic

Her message:
Hello,
Thank you very much for submitting the quote to me I want you to know that is the correct price and information i needed and i want you to know I am sending this order to an orphans home in South Africa so I want to recommend you to a shipping that will come to your location and pick this up and then send it to the orphans in South Africa I want you to contact this shipping company with your location address and then the total Quantities and types of the products along with the orphans home address below.

DELIVERY ADDRESS.
SOS Children in South Africa
SOS Childcare's Village Association South Africa, PO Box 22, Rand burg 2125, Johannesburg, South Africa

Name of shippers: Faith Cargo Shipping Company Ltd

E-mail: faithcargoshippers0@cooltoad.com

I want you to go ahead and send an email the shipping company with the following information.

Please kindly email the shippers those information and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location and pick this up and then deliver it to the orphans home and as soon as you hear back from them i want you to add the
shipping cost to the cost of the product and email me the final total so that I can make the final payment for you to proceed with this order ok Thank you and I will be waiting to read from you Again.

Regards.
Mary

She called me... I asked where she lived ....In Queensland.... Yeah where abouts... she didn't reply....I said have you even tried my products, yes from a friend, she said. . I am in Qld, can't you come in to discuss this. She said no I am very busy organising all the charity work we do...LOL..

Con artists wasting honest peoples time. I'm going to get back to my work. but just wanted to add to this list of victims.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:28 pm 

Has anyone hear of this ?
let me know.

Thank you very much for the time and patient you had with me regarding this order and your patient is highly appreciated .However i will like to recommend you to a freight company that i want to use for the pickup of the order I don't want you to ship the order for me ,so below is their contact details just contact them now and get back to me with what they emailed you with and i mean the shipping quote .You have to put an attention on the subject as (shipping Quote needed) with that they will get back to you urgently so i will be waiting for your email after you hear back from them.

Company Name :markjonescargoshippings
Contact Name:Mark Jones
Contact Email:markjonescargoshippings@hotmail.com
Details they will require before the give the quote.
(1)Pickup Location Address, weight and quantity of Mechandise you want to ship.
(2)Delivery address Below it is .

xxxxxxxxx Orphanage Home
xxx xxxxxx Avenue
Osu-Accra
Ghana
As soon as you contact them and when you hear back from them email me at your easiest convenience so that we can proceed on with the order from there then i will make the payment as well .
Counting to your prompt response .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:08 pm 

Hi all,

I too have be had by this Mary from Qld emailing me first to order massage oils and nutrition supplements.
I had processed the credit card number she gave me and within 10mins my banker from the fraud department told me that this transaction was a hoax and he had put a stop to the process.
I am disgusted how these types of people can consciously rip you off. :cry:

Here are the lies:

Dear owner,
My name is Mary Jay and I am sending you an email regarding an order of some body Oil and body cream.I will like you to e-mail me back with the best types of body Oil and body cream, that you have now and the price range for each and also what types of credit card do you accept?Include your contact number and name .Let me know ASAP.

Best Regard,
Mary Jay

Hello,

DELIVERY ADDRESS.
SOS Children in South Africa
SOS Childcare's Village Association South Africa, PO Box 22, Rand burg 2125, Johannesburg, South Africa

Name of shippers: Faith Cargo Shipping Company Ltd

E-mail: faithcargoshippers0@cooltoad.com

Regards.
Mary

Dear Customer,
Thanks a lot for contacting Faith Cargo Shipping company for all your shipping needs. For a pick up of such weight and dimension the freight cost will be 2,700.99 AUD include tax and handling.As at now it is our company policy that we take payment from where the unit or merchandise has to be picked and payment has to be sent to our main head office in Ghana West Africa via Western Union Money Transfer which can be find at any Post Office
Further more payment has to be sent to the name of Accountant of the shipping company below.

First Name: Fati.
Last Name: Shamsu.
Address: Tema motorway.
City: Accra
Zip code: 00233.
State: Accra.

And please you have to send the payment to us Via Western Union Money Transfer only. And This are the 4 steps on how to use Western Union Money Transfer.

1. Go to any Western Union Agent Location Which you can find in any Post Office near you with the cash amount to be wired to us.

2. Pick Up a Form from the agent location at the Post Office.
3. Fill in the Name and Address of where the payment is being Sent to.
4. Submit the form with the amount to be wired to the agent and the agent will process the payment.

As soon as the payment is processed please kindly e-mail us with the following informations.

1. Sender Full Name.
2. Text Question and Answer.
3. M.T.C.N Number.
4.Total Amount Wired.

As soon as we receive this informations we will put you on our shipping list and then make ready the day for the pick up ok Thanks a lot again for choosing us and we hope to serve you better in the near by Future.
Sincerely Yours.
Chris Lee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:43 am 

One of my staff charged a card from Mary Jay and when i found out about it i asked Mary to fill in our authorization form and to send through a copy of the front and back of the card. I also told Mary that NO products or shipping money would be going any where until i received the above information. She of course tried to tell me it wasn't a scam and after many phones to me she finally decided to send through the requested information. However the credit card didn't have a signature on it and she said she will send through another copy tomorrow.

I have spoken with Master Card and HSBC/Midland Bank and they have confirmed it's a scam and are setting the dogs onto them.

Anyone who gets card information should contact visa, master card etc and the bank issuer. The card details we got are meant to be from a member of HSBC but it's actually from a Military Bank in the US and HSBC don't have that number with them. The number for Master Card is 1800 120 133. I want to see these nasty pieces of work go down, what a great Christmas Present that would be :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:50 am 

Juts got into this too. Client's name is Williams Lourd and he says it's for ST KIZITO OF ROMAN CHURCH. The shipping company is now Eastway Ship with contacts there named Mr Piter Pipe & Mr. Brown Lee.

I'm lucky that I found your site as we were about to do business with these Guys. What saved me is that I entered the Address into Google and came across this site.

There must be something we can do about this. Is there no law agency that would handle this?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:40 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

If you go to this page of our site

http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/resour ... _check.htm

you can find a list of places to report these scams to. The sad thing is that they can take your report but there is no way to really "stop" the scammers. Since they are in another country, it would have to be THAT country's government and law enforcement that would have to step up and do something.

Education is the key, so the best thing to do is to support sites like this. Spread the word . . . tell everyone you know . . . if you would like a ScamVictimsUnited.com window cling for your car send me a private message and I will send one to you (that way every place you drive to, you will be spreading the word) You can also donate to sites like ours so that we can do more towards educating people by doing things like putting together a public service announcement. http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/donations.htm

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:38 am 

UPDATE ON THIS SCAM. I JUST GOT AN EMAIL TODAY FROM A JIMMY JONES AT JIMMY'S ORGANAGE IN SOUTH AFRICA AT THIS SAME ADDRESS THAT YOU ALL ARE STATING. HE IS NOW SAYING HE IS WANTING TO PURCHASE 20 WHEELCHAIRS AND GIVES CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SHIPPING COMPANY (GEM SHIPPING COMPANY). THANKS FOR POSTING THIS SCAM. WHEN I GOT THE EMAIL I WAS PRETTY SURE SOMETHING WAS UP SO I PUT IN THE ADDRESS THAT HE GAVE AND IT BROUGHT THIS SITE UP. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFORMATION.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next