ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Craiglist Scam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:26 pm 

Here she/he is again as Sarah Scoty---I just got this tonite in response to my craigslist room for rent ad. I suspected it was a scam because my ad specifically states "MUST love dogs and cats" and pets are never mentioned in the reply. I googled the french phrase offered...espérons recevoir de vos nouvelles très bientôt....and bingo! it came up as a scam as suspected. Thanks to all for posting so myself and others who encounter her/him will hopefully avoid problems.

Good day,
I read your ad craigslist that you have a place for rent,and this is why i am getting back to you, i am interested in knowing the availability of the place and i will also want to know more about the neighbourhood ,the place and the utilities included...
My name is Sarah scoty,am a Nurse , am 27 years old this year,i love to live with clean people,caring,responsible,neat type. I'm 5"6' straight,i am presently in south Dakota now ,I will love to move in as soon as possible, but it all depends on the availability of the room,I speaks French and English, so you have the chance to learn french ,i am an interesting person to live with,I'll let You know more about me if i am to rent the particular room that you have to offer .
And interested inthe room,pls i would love to see (more)picture of the room if its available,I will be anxiously waiting for your email and i want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent is not a problem as long as i am okay with the place and people that i'll be living with.
espérons recevoir de vos nouvelles très bientôt.
Au revoir
Kind Regards,

miss Sarah Scoty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:19 am 

Now I get this from the scammer:

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him,but really want to hold a place down...i will be waiting for your reply.

More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"6' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in France as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!

I lived all my life way in Paris before coming down to SD,,I grew up with my uncle 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical way since i was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs .

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires about that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..

With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in by the middle of next month,but want to secured it now
espérons recevoir de vos nouvelles très bientôt
Au revoir
Thanks..
(akaicarsson@aol.com --My exlandlord email address for reference )

Can you believe the jerk?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:31 pm 

Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 8:22 PM
Subject: Needs a place to live!

Good Day,

My name is Sandra Martinez; I saw your advert on Craigslist.com regarding the place you have for rent,

This girl is out there. I didn't rent to her but she comes on strong. Wanted me to pick her up from the airport and show her around. She sent me a photo of her Can we down load photos?
I am glad we have this space to share these creeps.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:43 pm 

This is a new one that responded to my rental ad.

Juli Perez [juli.p1011@hotmail.com]

Thanks for writing back, i got your mail, i am realy interested in your place, and i would love to move in ASAP, please dont rent it to another person. My former company are going to arrange for the payment, i am going to contact them shortly for the payment to be made out immediately. All you've got to do after receipts is to deduct your rent from it. I will like you to know that i'm a very straight forward and honest person. I will contact my former place of work in the states, they are still owning me some money, for the two years i lived in Texas, i found myself something to keep me busy, i worked for one year and 7 months before moving out of the states. They are willing to pay me now, but with a check, i will like to pay for a month before my arrival, which i know will be important for me, in other for you to fully secure and reserve the place for me, as soon as i arrive, other important things will be taken care of before i move into the place. The first month payment will be made in full Via certified Bank Cashier's Check or money Order and that will stand as a surety prior my arrival. so, i will contact him immediately to proceed with the payment as soon as possible. Please i will need you to send me your Full Name, Contact Address (were the payment can be picked up easily), and phone number, so that i can forward it to my client who is going to issue the check out. As soon as all these is sent to me, i will forward it to him immediately.

As soon as you recieve the check you will deduct the first month plus deposit out from the Check, and you will help me forward the remaning balance to my Traveling Agent so that i can use it to book for my flight back to the states, when i get to the states i will pay the rest. I just want to make sure i get the room before i get back to the state. I will like to stay there for a year if possible, even more that till when i will have my own personal place but I will prefer month to month lease.

I love travelling, sporting and enjoy meeting people. I don't smoke or drink but i do not mind people who do being around me. Am cool headed and easy going person with no criminal record and i like to have a roommmate or neighbor who is very responsible and understanding, someone i can really get a long with easily. I do have a job lined up for me when i arrive there. As soon as you get this mail please get back to me with the info i requested for so that every thing can be done fast. Take care and I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and have a good time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:45 pm 

anribery@aol.com

she emailed for my room in saint louis

horrible english skills, completely fishy stories. i googled her address and it took straight to this site. thanks to everyone for posting. be pessimistic and cautious of giving out information!

FIRST EMAIL:
Quote:
Good day,
I read your ad craigslist that you have a place for rent,and this is why i am getting back to you, i am interested in knowing the availability of the place and i will also want to know more about the neighbourhood ,the place and the utilities included...
My name is Ann Ribery,am a Nurse , am 27 years old this year,i love to live with clean people,caring,responsible,neat type. I'm 5"6' straight,i am presently in south Dakota now ,I will love to move in as soon as possible, but it all depends on the availability of the room,I speak French and English, so you have the chance to learn french ,i am an interesting person to live with,I'll let You know more about me if i am to rent the particular room that you have to offer .
And interested inthe room,pls i would love to see (more)picture of the room if its available,I will be anxiously waiting for your email and i want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent is not a problem as long as i am okay with the place and people that i'll be living with.
Au revoir
Kind Regards,

miss Ann Ribery.

SECOND EMAIL"
Quote:
Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him,but really want to hold a place down...i will be waiting for your reply.

More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"6' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in France as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!

I lived all my life way in Paris before coming down to SD,,I grew up with my uncle 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical way since i was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs .

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires about that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing my thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..

With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in by the middle of next month,but want to secured it now
Au revoir
Thanks..

Post subject: Re: Urgently need your advice and help!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:46 pm 

Sounds like she wants to date lol from okiecowgirl
Marie wrote:
Hello,

First thank you everybody for sharing your experience on this website.
I am currently being scammed and will go to the police and file a report.
I posted my house for rent on craig's list and got the response (see below). She refuses to give me her details and says she has no phone.
I requested a passport scan and told her I require her to contact me.

I have not received money yet, but I did supply her my passport scan + bank account number+address. I was stupid enough to take it this far.
What else can I do then go to the police? What damage can they do to me? Can the police track him/her down?

Please send me your advice! I really hope they can crack down on this bastard.

Thanks,
Marie

------------------------------------------------------
ABOUT PAYMENT :
Sorry about my late response,is the room still available cos i have already informed my boss about this and he promised to make sure that I will meet up with the payment arrangement so that I can depart from here as scheduled, he also said I will have the advantage to make payment for deposit,I should arrive to there on or before June 15th so pls keep room for me till my arrival, I will be staying for a minimum of 3-4 months. my mode of payment will be in Bank Certified cashier check as it pleases you , so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you, and if YES pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.(1)Your full name as it will appear on cashier check ,(2)your work or home address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service,(3)your phone number to keep contact close and avoid package missing in transit{4} Total amount cost for staying. Kindly get back to me as soon as possible with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed as soon as possible.i await your reply. will be looking forward to your mail soon.

N.B I dont have a personal mobile phone but will try to call you from a payphone later today, please kindly take off the room advert from the internet so i can be sure your renting the room to me cos am extremely interested in renting from you.
Regards,
Faith .

-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the response,i appreciate it, i will want you to provide me the exactly amount cost for the 3 month staying there with the utilities as well as the picture of the house as i'll not be able to check out the place until my arrival, so that i can make arrangement for payment prior to my arrival since i'll be moving down from Kentuckey USA.as soon as i'm able to reach an accord with you. I'll also like to know abit about yourself.
So get back to me with some details about yourself and your name and address to send the payment so we can proceed,below are some informations about me.

Name: Faith Walcott
Hair:Brunette
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5' 6" (167cm)
Weight: 122 pounds (55.0 kg)
Body Style: Athletic/Fit
Activity Level: Active of
Smoking: No
Drinking: Socially
Marital Status: Single
Children: I have no kids
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Languages I speak: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Not Religious

My favorites are;
My favorite cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese/Dim Sum,Deli, Eastern-European, Fast Food/Pizza, French,Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese/Sushi, Mexican,Seafood, Soul Food, Thai, Vietnamese
My favorite music: Dance/Electronica, Disco, Easy Listening, Pop/Top 40, Rap/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B and Soundtracks.
My favorite physical activities: Basketball, Working Out, Dancing, Swiming and Hiking/Walking.
Waiting to hear from you.
Best Regards.
Faith

-------------------------------------------
faith walcott <faith4sure10@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello Marieleng,
Top of the day to you and your family.i'm very sorry for the late response back to your message since all this while,it's quitely busy alot,so i'm taken this opportunity to let you know that i'm still interested in the room and i would so much glad if i could finally get the room behalf of you,so you can always get back to me here,cus there is some little problem attached to my previous email account.
Thanks and i will wait to hear from you.

faith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:34 pm 

One more from Sarah Scoty:

Hi again ,

Thanks once again for the quick reply,I would have loved to call You but am leaving now to see my sick uncle ,i can only communicate through email but I will, whenever i get there but before that i will want to secure the place,I am very happy meeting a person like you,It 's nice reading from you again and i will never ever want to loose the room even without seeing the place ,i smell the kind of person whom you are and i like you,I will want You to know that i am okay with the cost ,if none is included again.....

I got to believe that the person that one wants to live with matters most,i believe that you'll be a nice person,I just have my dressers,computer table,kitchen utensils and a queen size bed,2 big luggages and my car to be shipped....

I got a message that my uncle is sick in france and i have to go see him but i am making plans to secure place so that when i come back i'll just move in into the place we are talking about. and with the way we ve communicated,I am okay with you and i want you to know that i don't want to make any travel plans without securing a place down now,I will be signing a year lease for the start if you are okay with that,so i ve let my uncle understand more about you and the place,He is really comfortable and he told me that it is a nice area he had lived in the states before and he said that i should not afford to loose your place also he said that i should try and make sure that i hold down the place,so i thought of it and i will be making payment to hold down the place and the mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is United State Certified money order so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you.

And if YES pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service,your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit.I will prefer to send to your work address because you will always be available at work from morning till evening but if home address it will be sitting in your mail and no one will be at home to receive the package.And if you don't receive package at your office address then I guess your home address will be good for the delivery right ? But to avoid any delay of you receiving at home then I guess any address will be fine as long as you will be able to receive it.

Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed asap bye for now..
Au revoir
Thanks..

Post subject: Re: Craiglist Scam - Angela Ribery at it again!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:14 pm 

Here is the email I got from her after posting a listing of needing a roommate on craigslist. Look familiar??? Thanks for all of your help in this guys!!

Good day,
My name is Ann Ribery,am a Nurse , am 27 years old this year,i love to live with clean people,caring,responsible,neat type. I'm 5"6' straight,i am presently in south Dakota now ,I will love to move in as soon as possible, but it all depends on the availability of the room,I speak French and English, so you have the chance to learn french ,i am an interesting person to live with,I'll let You know more about me if i am to rent the particular room that you have to offer .
And interested in the room,pls i would love to see (more)picture of the room if its available,I will be anxiously waiting for your email and i want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent is not a problem as long as i am okay with the place and people that i'll be living with.
Au revoir
Kind Regards,

miss Ann Ribery

This is the information I replied to her - gave her my number but fortunately that is the only information.

Hello Ann,

You seem like you would be a good candidate so I have attached pictures from each corner of the bedroom that would be yours. Please let me know if you need any additional pictures. Keep in mind that the house is fully furnished with the exception of that room (the furniture will be moved.) I am currently using that room but will me moving to the master when my roommate moves out. Seeing the furniture in there will give you an idea of the size of the room. They are both the same size - the only difference is the master has a bathroom inside the room and the second bedroom has the guest bathroom. I do have a full size bed and another dresser here if you need to use it, I could send pictures of those as well. I am also welcome to any "knick knacks" etc as my current roommate has some in the living and kitchen area that she will be taking when she leaves. Also, if you have a television stand and television for the living room, that would be great. I have one but it is at my parents house 7 hours from here.

I am also 27 years old and work from home most of the time unless I travel for work. I have a 6 year old very well behaved dog that stays inside all the time. We are definitely clean and very responsible. The landlord is looking for a very clean responsible tenant to move in with me. You could move in as early as the last week in October.

Please give me a call so that wel can talk a little more. I am available today (Friday) and this weekend anytime.

Thanks,
Halley
(phone number deleted)

Good luck to the rest of you if you're still trying to find a roommate as I am!!

Post subject: Re: Craiglist Scam - Nicole Wayne another one
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:19 am 

Good day,
My name is Nicole Wayne,am a Nurse , am 27 years old this year,i love to live with clean people,caring,responsible,neat type. I'm 5"6' straight,i am presently in south Dakota now ,I will love to move in as soon as possible, but it all depends on the availability of the room,I speak French and English, so you have the chance to learn french ,i am an interesting person to live with,I'll let You know more about me if i am to rent the particular room that you have to offer .
And interested in the room,pls i would love to see (more)picture of the room if its available,I will be anxiously waiting for your email and i want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent is not a problem as long as i am okay with the place and people that i'll be living with.
Au revoir
Kind Regards,

Nicole Wayne

second email

Ambition and Work:

Au revoir
Thanks..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:43 am 

Hi There,
I too, fell for this FAKE email. Jenifer Walcott she said her name was. I have three emails.

Hello leasor,
my name is jenifer walcot, i am an pediatric nurse and a make up artist as part time,i was opportuned to see and i read through your posting on craigslist.com concerning the advert you posted, i am expressing my sheer interest in taking up the room, what are the modalities in taking up the place, please have the requirements sent in these form
*Total rent Required before moving in
* Utility Bills

I will be anxiously waiting for your email ,I want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent ,when emailing me please tell me more about the place and more pics if you have...I am open to any type of lease..
Kind Regards
Jenifer

(second)

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would
have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of
things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the
place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him,but
really want to hold a place down.. More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like
honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike
lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy
going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight.,28 years i like tourising and,i don't
keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay
if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my
university education and stays with my uncle there!!
I lived all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,,I grew up with
my uncle 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical way since i
was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved
in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in
children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs .

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that i'll be
doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones
live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am
also making enquires about that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the
dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like
sharing y thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i
will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you
shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the
place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the
place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want
you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of
my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..
With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture
of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go
about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy
from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take
off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit
Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in
As soon as possible so pls get back me.

Thanks..
Jenifer

(Third)

Hi again ,

Thanks once again for the quick reply,I would have loved to call You but am leaving now to see my sick uncle ,i can only communicate through email but I will, whenever i get there but before that i will want to secure the place,I am very happy meeting a person like you,It 's nice reading from you again and i will never ever want to loose the room even without seeing the place ,i smell the kind of person whom you are and i like you,I will want You to know that i am okay with the cost ,if none is included again.....

I got to believe that the person that one wants to live with matters most,i believe that you'll be a nice person,I just have my dressers,computer table,kitchen utensils and a queen size bed,2 big luggages and my car to be shipped....

I got a message that my uncle is sick in france and i have to go see him but i am making plans to secure place so that when i come back i'll just move in into the place we are talking about. and with the way we ve communicated,I am okay with you and i want you to know that i don't want to make any travel plans without securing a place down now,I will be signing a year lease for the start if you are okay with that,so i ve let my uncle understand more about you and the place,He is really comfortable and he told me that it is a nice area he had lived in the states before and he said that i should not afford to loose your place also he said that i should try and make sure that i hold down the place,so i thought of it and i will be making payment to hold down the place and the mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is United State Certified money order so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you.

And if YES pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service,your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit.I will prefer to send to your work address because you will always be available at work from morning till evening but if home address it will be sitting in your mail and no one will be at home to receive the package.And if you don't receive package at your office address then I guess your home address will be good for the delivery right ? But to avoid any delay of you receiving at home then I guess any address will be fine as long as you will be able to receive it.

Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed asap bye for now..
Au revoir
Thanks..

This person is messed up...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:48 pm 

Hi, I too have just been getting some emails from the katewille11@aol.com address. I was rather curious at first since I do read some writing that has been done by ELD folks, but when she sent that email about sending the Money Order and the thing about her uncle being sick....well, the bells started going off...I gave my work phone which is good since you can't even ring in--something is wrong with the phone, but it will be interesting to see what happens....she sent the blonde photo to me....didn't look that French....that kind of blew it, too..thanks for keeping this info out there....it was good to be able to check on my suspicions!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:06 am 

We were taken for 675 dollars via Western Union.

Here is the letter we received:

Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am
Rev Juan,the owner of the house you are making enquiry
of.Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and
my only daugther before and resently we had packed due to my transfer
from my working place and now situated in Newjersey USA,and
presently my house is still available for rent for 450US DOLLAR per month
including the utilities like hydro,washer and security,it is
urnised.Moreso Now, i went for a Crusade in the West Africa and i will
like you to get in touch with my wife for more discussion
as She is with the keys and the document to the house.Pls i want you
to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my
property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your
absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your
own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to
keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i
came for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let
me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.Where are you
located and where do you see our advert.
Email my wife silvia on (silviadiaz980@gmail.com) she will
attends to you better.
God bless you
Rev Juan

The two email addresses we interacted with were juanecastellon980@gmail.com and silviadiaz980@gmail.com

The phone numbers for "Reverend Juan" are 0112348029096883 or +2348029096883

We have spoken to him on the phone and we have copies of fake passports they sent us. They claim to be from Spain.

Attachments:
Passport_SFernandez.jpg
Passport_SFernandez.jpg [ 54.07 KiB | Viewed 27827 times ]
Passport_JGCastellon.jpg
Passport_JGCastellon.jpg [ 40.31 KiB | Viewed 27828 times ]
File comment: apt. pic
BL 3.jpg
BL 3.jpg [ 7.29 KiB | Viewed 27817 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:58 pm 

ss2008 wrote:
Thank you so much for posting this! I got the exact same email from Jenifer Walcot and because of your post was able to see clearly what a scam this is! All I did was google her name and south dakota and this post popped right up. Again thank you!!!

Below is the content of the 2nd of two emails I received from "her". You will see it contains the language you were discussing (they really do try very hard, don't they?):

Hi

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would
have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of
things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the
place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him,but
really want to hold a place down..

More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like
honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike
lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy
going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight.,28 years i like tourising and,i don't
keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay
if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my
university education and stays with my uncle there!!
I lived all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,,I grew up with
my uncle 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical way since i
was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved
in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in
children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs .

Ambition and Work:

I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that i'll be
doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones
live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am
also making enquires about that now...

Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the
dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like
sharing y thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i
will also be making the rent fee before the month ends....
Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you
shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent

I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the
place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the
place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want
you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of
my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them..
With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture
of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go
about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy
from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take
off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit
Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in
by the first week in next month,but want to secured it now

Thanks..

I just posted a room for rent on Craigslist and received the same response from Jenifer Walcot. Glad I checked here first. Her email response is listed below.

Email: jeniferwalcot08@geekzonemail.com

"Hi

Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and yourself.

More about me again i am a nurse,26 years old..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!I speaks French and English, so you have the chance to learn french
I lived almost all my life way in paris before coming down to SD,I am presently in south dakota now (really i know that most renter will love to meet the person renting to before move in)i cant judge myself but i am a Godfearing and straight forward person that respect you and your privacy, I was in my final year when my mum died,i lost my dad before i was born,I grew up with my uncle after my mum died...she was a nurse before she died,so i knew much about nursing before she died,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs,and we were also in alabama when they had the attack of hurricane katrina
Ambition and Work:
I was looking to move over to your state, because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires on that now...

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in asap,but want to secured it now

Thanks.."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:41 pm 

Here's another to suspicious of:
lizzysaylor244@yahoo.com

"Thanks for your email.hope you are doing great? am interested, but am not around now,I really need to secure a place for myself before my arrival.I don't care if its furnished or unfurnished i can take care of that while am around.the amount of rent/month is fine with me. my trip to US is scheduled for Nov 4,would you be able to reserve the place for me?.Below are just some few things you might want to know about me:
am straight,easy going and pretty laid back 28yrs old female....i do not smoke nor drink,am a christian but am not fanatical about my religion as i have always learn to respect others religion/belief.Sometimes i love going to the beach at my leisure time to observe the wonders of nature,i work for an investment company here in west Africa(NIGERIA) and coming to US cos the company i work for here is looking to open business correspondence in the US,this is my first visit to US and i do really hope to find a good place like yours to live in,if you can reserve the place for me i will surely appreciate that,i know there are several people interested in renting the place from you so am willing to make arrangement for some sort of deposit even with the first month rent so that will show commitment from my part,

And just for you to know that this trip will be sponsored by my employer and every expenses as regards the rent and utilities will be paid in full so you have nothing to worry about as to whether i will be able to pay rent or not,pls be aware that my trip to US is fast approaching and i will appreciate if you get back to me asap to know how we can work things out..
Thanks
Lizzy"

Yeah, right. I'm going to rent to you??? I don't think so!

Post subject: and yet, they keep coming!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 am 

Hi,
Hello to You over there and how is your day? I saw your advert that You have a room available for rent and i am interested in knowing the availability of the place and i will also want to know more about the place, neighborhood ,and the utilities included...?
I am Kristi Vienna,a Medical Humanitarian Nurse ,and ve been involve since the past 8 years,taking care of the motherless babies,Homeless one and all of that,I am still kind of young because i just turned 27 yrs old...I Can speak both English and German,I love to live with clean people,caring,responsible,neat type. I'm 5"7' straight,and i am in south Dakota now ,I will want to move by first of next month depending on the availability of the room ,I speaks English fluently ,so we have no barriers. I'll let You know more about me if i am to rent this particular room that you have to offer.
I will be anxiously waiting for your next email
Kind Regards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next