ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stock scam or not???????
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:22 pm 

They want money for a stock not issued yet. What do you think? Is this for real or not????????????????????????

Subj: Re: PASSIVE_WEALTH
Date: 9/27/2008 8:01:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

If you want to participate in the Petro America offer, here is what you need to do:
Click here: mailto:karen.boone@gmail.com?subject=YES_TO_PETRO_AMERICA

Please email the form to me AND make a hard copy of the following info section and send it by PRIORITY MAIL WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION to Martin Roper with your payment (personal or business check okay):

Name:
Address:

City, State, Zip:

Telephone:

Your E-mail address:

Who told you about this opportunity? Karen Boone

(I want to spend $__________ into Petro America Corp) - payable in lots of $100.

Personal Check, Money Order or Cashier’s Check - Bank Name / # __________

Payable to Petro America Corp

Mail payment and info to:

Martin Roper
512 N 75th Terrace
Kansas City, KS 66112

------------------

From Martin Roper, who is collecting our payments and hand-delivering them to the corporate office for our group:

For each $100, you will get 100,000 shares in Petro America Corp.

This is a 1 1/2 year old OIL Company that will be going on the Stock Market within the next 6 months. The President is Owen Hawkins inKansas City, Kansas and it is a Kansas Corp. Their website is being put together now. It is http://www.petroamericacorp.com. Not a whole lot showing up there yet. They are changing the business locations for a better negotiated real estate price, so all phone numbers are not working.

Mr. Hawkins confirmed that there is currently $68 Million on Petro Books with SEC Exchange. Attorney has notarized and signed off on this already.

This "special offer" is ending soon for new Stockholders. This offer is being presented through a Stockholder, not the Company. Initially, they only wanted 1000 people. .

Why are they making this outrageously wonderful offer? They would like to have as much money on the books as they can, prior to going public, in order to drive up the price of the stock. This benefits them, as well as us!

I just thought that I would put in $100 as a what if this really comes though and pays off. It's not unusual to blow a $100 bill over a really nice dinner and night out. This might buy MANY dinners. But then I had a conversation with some of the key people and found something even more wonderful.
Petro America Corp. is working with various insurance companies who are offering to purchase these shares and either place them in an annuity or a combination of annuity/ buy out. Which means if you purchase $200.00 worth of shares, you could place $100.00 worth into an annuity and have them place the other $100 worth into an escrow account, until everything is finalized. It can only be done in increments of $100 though....That means no matter what the stock market does you have made a huge profit already, because at this moment the insurance companies have place a value of $2.00 per share. $100.00=100,000 shares=$200,000.00

If you are of like mind and want to participate here is what I need you to do. Let me know YES in the Subject Line and I will need you to send me your Personal Check, Money Order orCashier's check. Make it payable to Petro America Corp. to be included in the package that I must mail along with your information. (Double check the company name on your Checks when you or your bank makes it out. Marking through and/or initialing the mark cannot be done on these checks. I mention this because we found 2 errors made by a bank today. They wrote American instead of America .. The checks had to be returned to the bank and have new ones issued. Just a bit inconvenient!)

In a nutshell, you spend $100 and you end up with 100,000 shares of Petro America Corp. stock. You will receive your Stock Certificate within just a few days. Within the next 6 months, it is expected to be offered on the Pink Sheets stock market. It will possibly go on the market in November or December of this year.
The website is: http://petroamericacorp.com. Not much on the site yet. More is being added to the site as they are ready.

If you don't have an interest in participating, that is fine. No response is necessary. However, I do believe this is how Microsoft started their initial stock offering. Best wishes and success to all of us.

Thanks and God Bless,

Martin Roper
512 N 75th Terrace
Kansas City, KS 66112

(Cell) 816-372-1066
(Home) 816-256-5553
-------------------------------------------

From Karen again....

You will receive a separate certificate for 100,000 shares for every $100 you spend....which is a phenomenal return! You are able to split your purchase into annuities and cash-outs as you choose. If you have a spouse, a business and/or adult children, and if you are putting in more than $100, you might want to consider splitting your shares between all of you for more flexibility of choice.

I learned today that people who got in a few weeks ago are to start to receive their annuities next week!! (Note that your funds will be held until your check clears, if you are sending a person or business check.)

Martin has put $700 or 700,000 shares into annuities. He has filled out his application to cash out $50,000 of it, and expects it within a few weeks. Some people have apparently already received their cash-out funds!!

There are two stages to the annuity process. You will speak or meet with a local insurance representative (in your area) . You will file your application with directions to cash out and/or seek annuities for life (and beyond, if you choose to pass to your heirs)....depending upon how you want to split up your shares. (You will work out the inheritance details with the insurance company which purchases your shares.)

When the Petro America Corp stock goes public, the value of shares are expected to increase. It looks like an excellent plan is to hold your shares for a bit, so you can benefit from the expected rise in the price of stock. BUT....with the market doing what it's doing....no one can really advise you on that.

I did find out that you CAN add money later to your annuity to increase your monthly income, but you won't be able to into the progrm later. Now is the time.

Entities (Corporations, LLC's and churches) can hold shares, and will also have the opportunity to cashout and/or receive annuities.

If you can spend $300 or more for this venture, this is the suggested breakdown (to be decided and declared when you meet with the insurance rep in your area):
1. 100,000 shares (or more) - Allocate for Annuities
2. 100,000 shares (or more) - Hold for initial offering, which we expect to increase when we go public.
3. 100,000 shares (or more) - Hold until share value hits $60 to $75 per share (expected by June, 2009)

Yes, this is a global offer, so our international friends can get in on it, too!!!

Exciting, huh?!!!!!
Karen Boone
951-695-7442

Notes from a call re: Petro America Corporation

This is only offered to 1,000 people. Will go to open market within 6 months, probably November or December. May be worth $50 or $60 then.

$100 purchases 100,000 shares = $200,000 value

Annuity Plan - pays $1,700 per month for the rest of your life

May do a partial buy-out.

$500 buys 500,000 shares - can cash out some for cash, keep some for annuities

Get a stock certificate

Working w/4 diff. ins. co's

Stock currently valued at $2 share. Ins. co's offering annuity policies on the shares. 100,000 shares -- appraised at $200,000 annuity policy. pays approx $1700/mo. per $100 &/OR keep stock certs. payments are for life.

offered on open market around nov/dec. by this time next year, expected to be work $50/60 share.

documentation comes from ins.co's they're working with.

can also cash out. ie, pay 500 -- to cash out 1/2, then cash out comes w/in a matter of months.

money order or cashier's ck = stock certs issued immediately. overnight mail pref'd. just need to be w/in the first 1000 to send, then closed. 500 people in now.

If pay with cashier's check or money order, get stock certificate immediately.

$3,000 = $2.5 million, then the rest in montly annuity.

Decide how to set up shares/annuity after receive stock certs.

Penalties for early withdrawal if under age 59-1/2, and is reported to IRS.
Have penalties of early withdrawal, but not taxes.

send to:
Martin Roper
Kansas City

examples:
$200 -- 1700/mo, plus $200,000 cash -- OR just $3,400/month
$400 -- 3400/mo, plus $400,000 cash -- OR just $6,800/month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: stock scam or not???????
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:22 pm 

If this was for real, this person would NOT be using a "gmail" email address... karen.boone@gmail.com but would be coming right from the company's email system instead. Just got off the phone with the "real" company and they do not know of a "Karen Boone"... Nope I wouldn't trust it. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm 

This is 100% a pure scam that is trying to set up a classic (and highly illegal) Ponzi scheme. Further, as someone with a great amount of experience in actual stocks, Hawkins and gang are not following SEC rules and laws one iota. In fact, they are so far away from the law, it looks like they have pulled this kind of scam off before.

The office address is just a Regus Business Center call-forwarding, mail-forwarding service. The website is a free template using free WordArt and cheap Flash files ripped from the Internet (so 1990). The URL is registered to:

Isreal Hawkins, 837 N 57th St., Kansas City, Kansas, KS, with a phone number of (913) 287-8230.

Don't even get me started chasing this info down...it would take way too long to compile all the dirty laundry associated with Hawkins.

And, doesn't anyone find it odd that he uses the name of "Isreal Hawkins" rather than Owen Hawkins, as is used in the solicit emails?

Other resources show that Owen Hawkins had suit filed against him by the Missouri Securities Commission and Kansas issued a Cease and Desist Order. In 2001, Kansas filed a petition for agency action against him and his company.

THIS IS THE SAME OLD SCAM THAT HAS GONE AROUND THE BLOCKS FOR 30+ YEARS. THEY RAKE IN THE CASH, BELLY UP THE DEAL, MOVE ADDRESSES WHILE THEY TAN ON AN ISLAND SPENDING YOUR MONEY, THEN THEY POP BACK UP WITH ANOTHER SCAM.

STOP SUPPORTING THESE CRIMINALS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:22 pm 

That is another company Petro America Producing Oil & Gas Wells, Inc. that was headquarted in Texas in 2003...and their are several companies out there with a similar name. Petro America Corp. is incorporated in the state of Kansas and is in good standing with the State of Kansas & Missouri. Also, usually scams of this type will not let anyone have ownership of their company and that's what Petro America Corp is doing..... Finally, the biggest scam under your nose is the $700 Billion scam that they are trying to pull over on the American public....without any provisions that will give relief to the hurting people in this country.... Some the largest companies in the world are going to the government to get bailed out with some of the largest salaries going to their CEOs.... These companies have not made anyone millionaires but the top executives... and the working people within these companies have got the short end of the stick.....Now comes a company that has a business opportunity like Microsoft of this era. I am a new stockholder in the company and very satisfied with the research and due diligence I have done.... I know Owen Hawkins personally and he is an upstanding person that has been trying to help average people for years. Yes, its hard to be in business and unfortunately you will incur lawsuits from time to time, but he is a good guy. Also, this guy is that is writing this is going from blog to blog sending out the same information. He doesn't have the guts to take risks, because any business venture is a risk, and he doesn't want anyone else to take risks and make a windfall either. He's a hater and always will be and its like misery likes company.

Here is the company address & phone number:

Petro America Corp.
Two Pershing Square
2300 Main Street, Suite 900
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 448-3723

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:56 pm 

Hello. This is Karen Boone.

Just for the record, I am not affiliated with Petro America Corp. I am not an employee, not an officer, not on their board and have never even spoken with anyone who owns or is employed by Petro. I am not the master-mind behind Petro. I am not a stockbroker. I am simply a shareholder of Petro America Corp. I have never claimed otherwise.

I have never posted anything to this Forum, nor had I ever heard of this Forum before I was told that there were discussions about me online. Yes, I do have a GMail e-mail address. Many people do. I am simply a person who set up a GMail account, as countless others have done before me. Since I'm not affiliated with Petro America, how could I be expected to have a an account that relates to the business?

What happened was this: I sent an email to some friends about the Petro offer which sounded very good to me. Most of the e-mail was information that was forwarded to me. Since due diligence checked out, as far as I could tell, I wanted to let my friends know about the offer. Someone evidently forwarded the e-mail on to someone else, without deleting my information. Someone posted the e-mail online, without my knowledge nor consent. That's it. If you are interested in Petro America, please do your own due diligence.

Please, I request of you: No more phone calls. No more e-mails. My personal information should never have been posted. Thank you for understanding.

Karen Boone (shareholder)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 pm 

is there any new news on petro america corp...
i heard they had a stockholders meeting the other day but can not get any details...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:35 pm 

stock certificates have been sent out. I received mine on Monday.

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:53 am 

Does anyone have any info when they will be going on the stock market?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:41 pm 

not sure... when they are going public...should be soon... reverse merger is complete from what I was told and they are reissuing stock certificates to have all the correct information on them...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:34 pm 

This is TOTALLY a scam- you better believe it. A coworker of mine has an idiot brother-in-law who bought some without doing any research. A simple call to the Better Business Bureau in Kansas confirmed that this is a scam. Also, a simple Google search will show plenty of info that this is a scam. This company has also been brought to court over the illegal (you got it- ILLEGAL) selling of securities without going through the proper authorities. Check out http://www.backgroundnow.com/blog/backg ... tin-roper/ for the legal proceedings against Petro America Corp ('PAC') A reminder: if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. look at the people who got ripped off by Madoff's better-than-the-market returns- they should have been asking why his returns were so much better than the market. Save your money- better to get 1% in a checking account than nothing from these scamsters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:01 pm 

:( Being a novice in the world of stocks this comes as a shocker to me. When someone has the eagerness to make it big subtle points are usually overlooked and after reading this I am sure there are not too many options but to throw extreme caution while thinking of trading in such spheres. Who would want to see his hard earned money being eloped with by some unidentified goons, yeah there is no other way in which I can address these people. Anyways thanks for showing me the darker side of the market too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:37 pm 

Looks like Karen Boone had a change of heart and decided she wanted to be much more than just a stockholder now. She has taken on a much bigger role with the Petro America company.

In this press release from August of 2009 Karen is announced as the secretary for the new Worldstar Alternative Energy division:

Petro America Launches Alternative Energy Division
By Petro America
(EMAILWIRE.COM, August 05, 2009 ) Kansas City – Petro America Corp CEO, Owen Hawkins, announced today that Worldstar Corp the Alternative Division of Petro America has appointed Ian Lindon as CEO of Worldstar Corp. and Larry Forsythe as CFO. Mr. Forsythe has worked for 20 years at the US Department of Energy and brings invaluable experience to Worldstar.

CEO, Ian Lindon, stated, “Worldstar is on the cutting edge of green technology solutions designed to assist industrial, municipal, and residential environmental needs”. According to Owen Hawkins, “Great nations thrive on the achievements of its citizenry”. Petro America Corp is “The People’s Company”, and we have the greatest shareholder base in America, that will revolutionalize the way things are done on Wall Street.

Some of our initial shareholders are now serving as CEO and presidents of Petro America Corp’s Division and Subsidiaries, and are very committed to building shareholder value and launching humanitarian projects. This is also a mandate of the talent that we have in our shareholder base. One of our goals as a company is to win a Nobel Peace Prize.

Petro America plans are to also create thousands of U.S. jobs through the Company’s Divisions and Subsidiaries.

Worldstar Corp Board of Directors are:

1) CEO – Ian Lindon
2) CFO – Larry Forsythe
3) Treasurer – George Vurhulst
4) Secretary – Dr. Karen Boone

And in the March 25th, 2010 Thursday evening conference call Owen Hawkins announced that Karen would be heading up the Worldstar Alternative Energy Division with George Vurhults

Transcript from Owen's call:

"Thanks to George Verholz & Dr. Karen Boone for heading up our Worldstar Alternative Energy Division - they will have some exciting news in the near future to share with everyone. I am very excited about the opportunities with out Worldstar division, which is a subsidiary under Petro America. etc. "

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:31 pm 

Little update from the U.S. Attorney's Office

Copies of the Affidavit and Complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney's Office against Petro America Corp:

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2010 ... ate.81.pdf

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2010 ... ate.81.pdf

Pitch Article:

http://www.pitch.com/2010-10-21/news/ow ... rica-scam/

KC Star Article:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/22/23 ... z13A8HkN3Y