ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PremiumArt.co.uk (sent me a check) What to do
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:19 am 

i apply for this job on craigslist. here is the e-mail the sent out to me. I already applied and they sent me a check which they send i have to cash it and take 10% adn send that rest back to them. Now i find out this is all a scam. what should i do with the check and how do i stop? also i too the check to the bank and they said it does not have anought funds to cash it. Help me please tell me what to do.
this is the web sit they give me when i said i wanted to double check it. PremiumArt.co.uk
thanks

Here is the address they gave to me to send the money to:
Name:Daniel Virden
ADDRESS: Pinellas Park, FL 33781

Dear Applicant,
We got your resume and your application on craigslist, We are sincerely sorry to inform you that the position you applied for has been occupied. Our manager went through your resume and you have been picked for an alternative Job which is the Payment Personnel. what we need is a representative and Account Recievable/Payment Personal manager for the company on financial issues.This is a part-time job.You will work at home cos is kind of great opportunity. You will be our payment handler in your area. You will be interacting with our client by collecting unpaid balance, loans and payment of goods bought in the company. Our clients prefer to pay us with draft, cash and at times checks.

ABOUT US:

(Premium Art) is a United Kingdom Based Company and with established leaders in innovative Art Works Technology, providing art materials worldwide. We serve the entire United States and a growing export market.

We serve the entire United States, Your primary task for now, Accounts Receivable Clerk of the company is to coordinate payments from clients and help us with the payment process. You are not involved in any marketing. You would be responsible for receiving payments after we have offered our professional services to our numerous clients. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the service but in most cases we make our clients prepay for services.

About 90 percent of our clients prefer to pay through Certified Checks or Money Orders drawn from the United State based on the amount involved. We have decided to open this new contract -to-hire job position for solving this problem pending the time that we will open a branch office in this area..

Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments):

1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you will have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job is part time, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are considering your application because you satisfy our requirements and we are sure you will be an earnest assistant till we start running our branch office in your state.

ADVANTAGES

-You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home office.
-Your job is absolutely legal.
-You can earn up to 3000-4000 dollars monthly depending on time you will spend for this job. You do not need any capital to start.
-You can do the Work easily without leaving or affecting your present Job. The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us. But the problem we have is trust, we have made arrangement with the FBI in Washington, that if anybody gets away with our money they will definitely get hold of such individual and will face the full wrath of the law.
Get back to us with information below information , so that we can add your mailing address to our Regional database and forward it to our customers for them to send payments after conducting background checks.

First name.....................
Middle name...................
Last name......................
Address Line 1................
Address Line 2.................
City..........................
State.........................
Zip/Postal code...............
Home phone....................
Cell phone....................
Present Occupation............
gender............................
DOB...........................

In agreement to this kindly append signature below.
Signature ........................
Date .......................

Your response to this email is needed, so that we can reconfirm your mailing address details we have in our database.
We will be updating you as soon as the payment is being sent to you and you will be directed as to where to have the remaining 90% of the money sent to, after the deduction of your 10% pay on any payments received and processed by you.
A swift acknowledgement of the receipt of this email will be appreciated.
Thanks For Your Total Understanding and Moral Cooperation.
Premium Art is an equal opportunity employer!

Regards,
Premium Art
C.E.O
John
+447031930585

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmittal is a confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and that review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office, and immediately delete this message and all its attachments, if any.
Copyright © 2008 Premium Art! All rights reserved.

Last edited by modest on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: PremiumArt.co.uk (sent me a check) What to do
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:25 am 

It's a good thing you were not able to cash it! It's a counterfeit! Tear it up or shred it and move on... also stop all contact with these people... do not reply to any more of their emails... it's DEFINATELY a scam. :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm 

Seriously, I'm just a decent person, looking for an honest living, and I get this email...

I'm so tired of this.

I'll be responding with some strongly worded hatemail.

Glad you didn't cash your check. Here's the email I got from these jokers:
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:38:09 -0700
To: Sixfiftytwo
Subject: Re: Customer Service Representative

Reference No: SACBK/7312/7182/07
HO Ref:71783
Batch No: B2/K4319/717
Port Ref:9846537
Application No: SACBK/2031/8376/07
FCO Number:74643
Respondent: Recruiting Officer

EMPLOYMENT FORM
Dear Candidate,
We got your resume and your application for our add on craigslist, We are sincerely sorry to inform you that the position for the Customer Service Rep has been occupied. Our manager went through your resume and you have been picked for an alternative Job which is the Payment Personnel. what we need is a representative and Account Recievable/Payment Personal manager for the company on financial issues.This is a part-time job .You will work at home cos is kind of great opportunity. You will be our payment handler in your area. You will be interacting with our client by collecting unpaid balance, loans and payment of goods bought in the company. Our clients prefer to pay us with draft, cash and at times checks.

ABOUT US

(Premium Art) is a United Kingdom Based Company and with established leaders in innovative Art Works Technology, providing art materials worldwide. We serve the entire United States and a growing export market. Your primary task for now, as a representative of the company is to co-ordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process. You are not involved in any sales. Once orders are received and sorted we deliver the product to a customer. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the products but in most cases we make our clients prepay for orders or items they ordered for. About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through cashiers check Money Orders and certified checks . United State based on the amount involved why Only few decides on Bank Transfers which is not also Suitable. We have decided to open this new contract to hire job position for solving this problem

ATTESTATION
According to how you have been briefed earlier. You are required to receive payments on behalf of the above-mentioned firm, make reservations and pay in the rest of funds into the Company via money gram. Our customers prefer to pay in form of checks, drafts bill pay and at times cash.All you just need to do when u recieve payment from our client cos they mostly pay by checks thats why we need a representative to Cash Payment at your Bank or Deposit payment and You will receive 10% deduction on each transaction that you process on our behalf. For example if you recieve 4000.00 USD and your 10% should be 400.00 USD and Plus your basis monthly salary is 1000.00 USD .So if u are interested fill the form and get back to us as soon as possible

WHAT YOU WILL DO FOR US
1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
2. Cash Payment at your Bank or Deposit payment and let us know how long its going to take before it clear the Bank
3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be instructed to send payment to, You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this is a part time job, you'll get good income. But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are considering your application because you satisfy our requirements and we are sure you will be an earnest assistant till we start running our branch office in your state. For example if you recieve 4000.00 USD and your 10% should be 400.00 USD Plus your basis monthly salary is 1000.00 USD here are the information you are to provide then we will get back to you after we must have gone through it all. Get back to us with information below information, so that we can add your mailing address to our Regional database and forward it to our customers for them to send payments.

Please Apply by filling the Requirements Below:

* Full Names______________
* Address_________________
* City____________________
* State___________________
* Zip Code________________
* Home Phone______________
* Age_____________________
* Cell Phone______________
* Email___________________
* Present Occupation______
* Sex_____________________
* Age____________________
* Bank Name_______________

Premium Art
C.E.O
Edward Leefers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:07 pm 

Hello,
I also applied for a job on Craigslist and received the same email. I also received a check fo a large amount. However, I contacted and researched every name I was given and contacted the bank the check was from. They verified that the account was real but the check had not been issued and the the account had an alert on it that someone was counterfeiting their checks. I also looked up the name on the envelope where the check came from and the address. The address existed, and the person existed but they did not belong together. Do not cash these checks, infact do not cash any check that is sent to you and you get to keep a pecentage of. Noone is going to just give you money for nothing.

Just so you all know, your bank makes funds available to you in about 24-48 hours when you deposit a check. However, this does not mean the check is good. Checks always have to be sent through the federal reserve board and they then determine if the check is fake or not. This can take 30-60 days to find out. When this is determined you are responsible for repaying your bank the funds, all the fees, and some times criminal charges can be brought against you. Just throw these checks out and don't even bother to contact these places from the start. Besides, don't you think that if a company is a legit company they would have ways to receive payments from their customers? Premier Art is a legit company and if you look them up online they are in the UK but you can purchase their art online by credit card, or can mail them payments. They do not need us.

Lisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:52 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

babbys30 wrote:
Just so you all know, your bank makes funds available to you in about 24-48 hours when you deposit a check. However, this does not mean the check is good. Checks always have to be sent through the federal reserve board and they then determine if the check is fake or not. This can take 30-60 days to find out. When this is determined you are responsible for repaying your bank the funds, all the fees, and some times criminal charges can be brought against you.

You are correct Lisa. There is more information here on the wording and terms banks use

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3005

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:54 pm 

Please be very careful in your detail, on this site.

These recruitment scam people, ripping off the public, are using my art website as ref. illegally.

PremiumArt.co.uk is a ligitimate Art site selling canvas paintings in the UK. We are not recruiters or involved in sending money checks to anyone. This can be seen within a few minutes of veiwing our site. Nor do we even sell in the USA. Anyone contacting my sight enquiring about these criminals get this standard reply:

And I Quote....................
"We are nothing to do with the people you are in conversation with. We are a genuine legal business, dealing in canvas paintings only.

These people are scamming the public for money and using our site address illegally, and without our permission. Please forward your information to Craigslist. They are a known scam on craigslist, you will find it under fraud.

kind regards
Christine Low
email: PremiumArtMail@Gmail.com
telephone: 020 8133 2009
http://www.premiumart.co.uk"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:50 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

What your company is going through is much like what an Identity Theft Victim would go through . . . the scammers have stolen your site's identity and name and used it in scams.

I don't think that anything on our site says that you, or your site, is a scam . . . it simply says that the scammers are using your site's name in their scams.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:54 pm 

Give the check and the envelope it came in to the police asap! Stop talking to the scammers. If they call your home. Hang up, and set up your phone to not accept blocked calls.

Take care.

--Krys777