ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inheritance through my account
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:00 am 

I received message (which i can't seem to find) through yuwie which is a network site by a women who claims her name to be Siti Abdulee. She was telling me how her father was a successful farmer before people came and killed him. And she has been left 6.5 million, but because of her being an asylum seeker she's not allowed any sort of contacts with the banks. So basically she wants it to go through my account and i will receive 10%. I emailed her.....

Hi Siti,
I received your message through yuwie, I'm sorry to here about what happened to your father.
So your saying you want the money to be transferred into my account because there is no other way of you being able to get it?
Im prepared to give you my number, you now have my email address, but i think we'll leave my address out of it for a while yet. My number is ##########
If this is some sort of scam please don't waste my time. I find it strange that you decide to pick me. How many more people have you asked?

I'll be waiting to hear from you,........
(my name),

How ever i didn't get a phone call but i got a reply.......

Hello (my name),

I appreciates your kind attention and concern may GOD bless you

As i told you, I choose you in this transaction, based on my present status here as a refugee under political asylum and it is only God who knows why i choose you
among the millions and you are the only one i have revealed this to, of which it`s where my future life depends on,
According to the financial governing laws of this country, people under refugees are not allow to participate personal into any monetary transaction or to operate an account international or locally.Therefore, I went into serious discussion with the financial outfit where this money was deposited in Malaysia, for them to advise me on what to do in order to have access to my inherited fund, Then the legal department of the financial outfit told me that in a situations like mine, that the best solution to it is by soliciting for assistance of a reliable foreigner who can assist me receive the fund which was deposited in the Vault and invest it on my behalf as I wish.I then decided to contact you knowing that with your advanced knowledge, we can be able to work together,so that if all things works out for us, we can go into life partnership, or to have me as one of your family member as i`m now living like an orphan.
I will furnish you with all the vital documents covering the deposited fund under the finance house in Malaysia only if you can promise me that you are not going to betray me or sit on my inheritance after it might have get into your account, and i need you to tell me a little bit more about your self also promise me that you will help me to have a bright future.
Please understand that there is no illegality involvement in this transaction, you are going to deal with the financial outfit direct. what I am required to do according to the banking procedure, is to grant you with power of attorney as my partner, authorizing you by the law of the financial outfit to claim the fund on my behalf.
Below is the name of the Attorney that they directed me to seek his legal help towards the transfer.Pls contact him for verification
Name: YUS.HAFIZ BIN MOHAMAD YUNOS
Email : hafizilawfirms@yahoo.com
phone:+60172250946

The above lawyer is to assist us to obtain power of attorney on your behalf, authorizing you by the law to claim the Fund on my behalf. But first of all introduce your self to him as my foreign business partner, find out from him exactly your needs to have the power of attorney on my behalf.Immediately you contact the attorney, I will also like you to discuss with him on how i can be able to have my freedom just like other citizen in the world as i` being frustrating here in the refugees camp, also to know how possible it will be for me to come and meet with you in your country as soon as the fund is being
transferred to your nominated bank account. May the Almighty God bless you and your family.

Yours Faithfully
Siti

I sent an email to the lawyer by forwarding Siti's email and received this...............

ATTN: (my name),

WE CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL TO THIS CHAMBERS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PARTNER MISS SITI ABDUL,A ZIMBABWEAN WHO IS CURRENTLY RESIDING IN A REFUGEES CAMP IN ACCRA -GHANA. YOUR MAIL WAS QUIET UNDERSTOOD.

THERE ARE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS CONSISTS OF POWER OF ATTORNEY TO EMPOWER YOU FOR THE CLAIM AND ALSO AN AUTHENTIC AGREEMENT BINDING YOU AND THIS CHAMBERS, BASED ON THE AGREEMENT OF 10% OF THE HER INHERITED FUND TO YOU AND THE REST GOES TO HER AS SHE MADE US TO UNDERSTAND

TO FOLLOW UP WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FINANCIAL FIRM AND TO SEE THAT EVERY THING WENT VITALLY, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE POWER OF ATTORNEY, SWORN AFFIDAVIT ON BEHALF OF MISS SITI ABDUL TO ACT ON HER BEHALF IN RESPECT TO CLAIMING HER INHERITED FUND WHICH IS NOW IN A BANK HERE IN MALAYSIA.ALTHOUGH THE ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE AT THE MOMENT DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE BANK HAS DEACTIVATE IT BECAUSE THE ACCOUNT HAS NOT WITNESSED ANY TRANSACTION FOR A LONG TIME.THESE NECESSARY AND LEGAL DOCUMENTS WILL ENABLE THE BANK TO EMPOWER YOU TO HAVE ACCESS TO ACTIVATE THE ACCOUNT FOR ONWARD TRANSFER TO YOUR PERSONAL NOMINATED ACCOUNT

WE HAVE BEEN DULY INFORMED AND HAVE SINCE ROUND UP WITH OUR VERIFICATION EXERCISE AND FIND OUT THAT THE FUND IN QUESTION IS NOT IN DOUBT, THEREFORE WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT IN ORDER FOR US TO PROCEED IN YOUR REQUEST AND ACT ACCORDINGLY WE WILL REQUIRE TO GO TO THE HIGH COURT HERE TO OBTAIN AN AFFIDAVIT FORM WHICH WILL BE SENT TO YOU TO FILL AND SEND BACK. THIS WILL ENABLE THIS CHAMBERS TO PREPARE POWER OF ATTORNEY, AND HAVE AN AFFIDAVIT SWORN ON YOUR BEHALF AND SUBMIT IT TO THE BANK SO THAT THEY CAN BE ABLE TO ATTEND AND HONOR YOUR APPLICATION OF CLAIM.

FURTHER DIRECTIVES WILL BE RELAYED TO YOU ONCE WE RECEIVE A GO AHEAD ORDER FROM YOU.

FOR HER FREEDOM AS MATTERS, I SUGGEST THAT WE SHOULD FIRST OF ALL SECURE HER INHERITED FUND WHICH WOULD BE TRANSFER TO YOUR OWN PERSONAL ACCOUNT, THEN I WILL TRAVEL TO OBTAIN HER FREEDOM AND FOR HER RELOCATION TO YOUR COUNTRY AS SOON AS THE TRANSFER IS DONE.

BEST REGARDS,

BRR.HAFIZ BIN MOHAMAD
TEL:+60 172250946

Yus Hafizi & Co.
333, 1st Floor
Taman Pengkalan Assam
Kangar 66100,Malaysia

Please help some one. Is it a scam?

Post subject: Re: Inheritance through my account
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:25 am 
Gold Member

Yes it is a scam. Go to your bank immediately and close your account and get your money out if it is not already gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:35 am 

i haven't given them my details, they don't know my full name and i haven't used that account for a while and i'm in debt of £5 with my bank. So they wont be getting a great deal out of me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:32 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

If you have not given them your full name, bank account info or mailing address, you should be fine. Just tell them that you are no longer interested in this and if they bug you block their email address.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 am 
Gold Member

ladeelou wrote:
i haven't given them my details, they don't know my full name and i haven't used that account for a while and i'm in debt of £5 with my bank. So they wont be getting a great deal out of me

if it is a checking account they can still use the account and routing numbers to make up new checks and you could get hit with all sorts of NSF fees. Close the account.