ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: TNT Delivery Service
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:08 pm 

I acually got scammed. I was scammed out of almost 400.00 dollars. I sent the money in today and just found out it was a scam!!! I feel like crap now....Stupid scammer!!!!! What can I do??? The money was already picked up!

Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England, Wolverhampton. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.
The PS 3 is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the SonyCare are US registered.
I can't use the PS 3 here in UK because it works on 110 V. I didn't know about this problem when I moved here. Also I don't have time to play because I work all day.
I have attached some pics with the Playstation to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the PS 3. I bought the PS 3 2 months ago and it still has 22 months of Sony transferable warranty remaining .
I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the PS 3 before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (on my expense).

Let me know what you think.

Best Wishes,
Jenny

NEW ONE!!!

Hello

I am so sorry, I sent you a wrong link. Here is the right link:

http://www.uktntship.com/details.html

Please read their procedure and get back to me. If you agree to their terms please send me your name and address and I will start the delivery procedure.

Best Wishes
Jenny

Jenny Aleman" <jennyaleman54@hotmail.com>
Date Friday, March 28, 2008
TNT Express Package Confirmation and Payment Request Form
Tracking Number - 296586263
TNT reduces risks associated with Internet transactions by acting as a licensed, trusted, neutral third party for online transactions. The Seller leaves the merchandise into TNT custody. The merchandise will remain in TNT custody until the Buyer provides the Payment Information to TNT. The Payment must be made through a Money Order Service. After the funds are received by TNT, the merchandise will be sent to the Buyer. Once the Buyer receives the merchandise, the Payment will be released to the Seller only if the Buyer is satisfied with the merchandise. If the Buyer will not be satisfied with the merchandise, TNT will send the merchandise back to the Seller and the Buyer will be refunded by TNT.

Receiver of the Package

First name

Last name
Address
City/State
Zip(City Code)
Country USA

Sender of the Package
First name Jenny
Last name Aleman
Address 21 Maplewood Circle
City/State Wolverhampton
Zip(City Code) S31 3GT
Country United Kingdom

This package was processed on a TNT OnLine compatible shipping system. For TNT support please contact us:

CustomerDepartment@ukTNTship.com

Description of goods

Quantity: 1 Sony PlayStation 3

Additional Details:

Specifications:

Hard Drive : 80 GB Serial ATA Hard Drive

Input/Output : -USB 2.0 X 4
-Memory Stick/SD/CompactFlash Slots

Communication : -Ethernet
-IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
-Bluetooth 2.0
-2 Wireless Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)

Screen sizes: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x1
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1
Blu-ray/DVD/CD DRIVE

Service and Warranty Information: 22 Months of Warranty Remaining (as written on the Warranty Papers)

Supplied Accessories:

Software CD's
Manuals
Legal Papers
Warranty Papers
2 SIXAXIS controllers AC power cord
A/V cable
Ethernet cable
USB cable
6 Games

Through this email we have the pleasure to inform you that the merchandise has been left in our custody. The shipping fee has been paid by the Seller. The Payment Information (in this case about the Western Union Money Transfer) must be sent to us for verification. The Payment Information that you need to send to us are: MTCN - Money Transfer Control Number, Sender's Name and Sender's Address, Amount Transferred. Please send us the Payment Information at:

PaymentDepartment@ukTNTship.com

TNT Payment Agent - Receiver of the Payment

First name George
Last name Cooper
Address 214 Bowery Street
City/State Wolverhampton
Zip(City Code) S22 1TF
Country United Kingdom

We have found that providing email and Internet support allows us to give quick, reliable, and consistent answers to questions and concerns. Using email also allows us to document what was communicated in previous emails to you and to avoid duplication of responses. Phone support simply does not serve our members needs as well as email does.

Contact us with any questions 24/7: CustomerDepartment@ukTNTship.com

IMPORTANT! The package has been verified by TNT. The package is now in the TNT carrier custody. We will be able to deliver the package after the Payment is verified and collected. Please allow us up to 24 hours to verify the Payment Information.

Intellectual and other property rights to the information contained in this site are held by TNT Holding B.V. with all rights reserved © 2007

Tracking Number: 296586263
Important TNT Payment Instructions/Shipment Details
Please read the Instructions carefully.
Click here to track your package: http://uktntship.com/tracking.html

Dear TNT Customer,

We have your package in our custody.

Description of goods: 1 x Sony PlayStation 3
Sender of package ( Seller ): Jenny Aleman
Receiver of package ( Buyer ):

Delivery Address:

Address:
City / State:
Zip(City Code):

Delivery Type: TNT Express 2nd Day Delivery - After the Payment is received and verified by TNT
Amount to be paid by the Buyer: US $340.00

Payment Instructions - Receiver of the Payment - George Cooper

The payment must be made through Western Union Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is in charge with this transaction - George Cooper using the Money in Minutes Service from Western Union.

Important Note: The Payment must be made at one of Western Union's Agent Locations, in person by the Buyer. The payment must not be made using Western Union's Send Money Online Service due to the high Credit Card fraud risk. We will not confirm any payments made online.

You must go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is responsible with this transaction - George Cooper.

In order to complete the Money Transfer using the Money in Minutes Service you will need the Payment Details of our TNT Agent:

Please make your Money Transfer payable to:

First Name: George
Last Name: Cooper
Address: 214 Bowery Street
City: Wolverhampton
Zip(City Code): S22 1TF

After you complete the payment you need to send the Payment Information for verification to our Payment Department at their e-mail address: PaymentDepartment@ukTNTship.com

The Payment Information that you need to send to us for verification are:
- MTCN - Money Transfer Control Number (the MTCN is the 10-digit number located on your Western Union Confirmation Receipt)
- Sender's Name and Sender's Address - (the name Name and Address of the Sender of the Western Union Money Transfer)
- Amount Transferred - (the amount transferred)

Please read our TNT Payment Privacy Policy to learn our payment release and payment refund conditions.

1.The Payment will be sent to the Seller by TNT only after you receive the package, check the merchandise and if you are completely satisfied with it. Only then you will instruct us to release the Payment to the Seller.
2.TNT acts as a third party holding at the same time the merchandise and the Payment.
3. After the merchandise is received by the Buyer, the Buyer will have up to 21 days depending on the nature of the merchandise to review the merchandise.
For transaction No. 296586263 the inspection time is 5 ( five ) business days.
a) If the Buyer decides to keep the merchandise the Buyer will instruct TNT to release the funds to the Seller.
b) If for any reason the Buyer does not want to keep the merchandise, the Buyer will ask TNT for a refund.
The refund procedure is very simple, the Buyer will receive the money from TNT through Bank to Bank Wire Transfer, or by Check or by Western Union Money Transfer.
The refund method is at the Buyer's choice.

Thank you for using TNT
Nicole Card - TNT Customer Department

Wolverhampton Depot
214 Bowery Street
Wolverhampton
S22 1TF
Customer Department
General Manager: Robert Kay
Email: CustomerDepartment@ukTNTship.com

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:07 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I am sorry to say that there is nothing that can be done to get your money back once the wire is picked up, but you are doing a LOT to help warn others by posting this information here . . . someone else could google that same scammer's information and it will lead them here and they will know it is a scam before it is too late for them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:35 pm 

I know theres nothing I could do. I was really upset! So I went out and bought a PS3...Something I should have done before! I guess I just wanted a good deal that I did it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:34 am 
Gold Member

Irena803 wrote:
I know theres nothing I could do. I was really upset! So I went out and bought a PS3...Something I should have done before! I guess I just wanted a good deal that I did it!

I am sorry you got scammed. I hope you enjoy your PS3 though, they are awfully fun, and addicting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am 

Sorry you have got scammed by the romo vlads.

I've added the fake TNT site to the aa419 fake site database: http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=25234

BTW: Why is this thread posted in lottery fraud? It's a fake escrow scheme.

Eniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:16 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I think that one of the first posts was from someone who got a letter saying that they won the lottery and to get the money they had to go through TNT . . . I may move it to escrow now

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:33 pm 

Beware Scammers trying again on Craigslist. This time to rent an apartment in Hackensack. He "Daniel Hoyte" is the owner who was relocated to the UK for work and conveniently the only one with the keys. Here is what was said back and forth. I guess they pretty much stick to the same wording everytime.

ME:Hello,
I was just interested to see if the apartment for rent is still available. If so I would like to make an appointment to see it. I'm available mornings until 1 and all day friday and saturday. Thank you for your time, Cheryl

Daniel Hoyte:Hello,

Thank you for your interest. I have available the apartment located at 300 Prospect Avenue Hackensack, NJ 07601, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms because I move with my job in United Kingdom, London and I need money to pay the rent here, that is the reason I want to rent at this price and to find a good person for my apartment. This is the reason that I want to rent it. I can rent you the apt for max. 5 years because I have a contract here for this period. I`m the owner of the apt and its like in the pics. The rent for 1 month is $1000 including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, fireplace,dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys.The only problem is that I`m the only person who have the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise. Thank you for your interest and wait news from you ,

Best Regards,
Daniel

Me:Ok, I guess we can set up an arrangement for you to mail the keys

DH:Thank you for your reply. I am in UK now. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be $1000 US, with no extra taxes to pay. The money I want to recive it monthly to my bank account, I hope will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to FedEx, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained: http://www.tnt.com/country/en_generic/s ... tical.html
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter by the end of the next week

Best Regards,
Daniel

ME:Ok, as long as I get to see the contract and the apartment before you get the money we're good

DH:Thanks again for your reply. If you are ready to proceed with this transaction I will need to inform you the steps about this service work and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit to TNT Service the first month of rent,$1000 US, so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract. Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain to you step by step how this will work .
1 - To start this transaction i will need to know your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address to proceed with this deal.
2 - I go to the TNT Office and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
3 - TNT will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4 - TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they checked it.
5 - At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a money deposit on the TNT payment agent name for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit is for the first month of rent.
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money deposit to TNT (10 digit MTCN , sender's name and address)
7 - TNT will verify the payment information's and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you.
8 - After you receive the package, You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if all is in order you will instruct TNT to send me the information's about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds. If you don `t like the apt they will send your money back to you and you will send them the keys and the contract to them. I will pay TNT Service for the shipping and you will pay Western Union for theMoney Transfer fee. Let me know if we can do this, and email me all your full shipping information so we can proceed with this deal.

Thank you for your interest

At this point, I found this website. The next email I sent to him was a copy of this entire page of their scams that they have been trying to pull on people. I don't think I'll be hearing from him again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:40 am 

It is not TNT delivery I have the issue with, it is Daniel Hoyte himself. I received the same e-mails as others, WORD FOR WORD, regarding his apartment in Hackensack. Do NOT fall for this scam, do NOT send him any money, do NOT every deal with this man regarding him having an apartment and relocating to the UK. Thank God I found out about him BEFORE I agreed to the delivery service. Beware and good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:30 am 
Gold Member

marinosgal wrote:
It is not TNT delivery I have the issue with, it is Daniel Hoyte himself. I received the same e-mails as others, WORD FOR WORD, regarding his apartment in Hackensack. Do NOT fall for this scam, do NOT send him any money, do NOT every deal with this man regarding him having an apartment and relocating to the UK. Thank God I found out about him BEFORE I agreed to the delivery service. Beware and good luck!

And you shouldn't have a problem with TNT since they are not part of the scam. The scammers have spoofed their website and use their name without TNT's permission.

I am glad you found out it was a scam before it was too late

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:19 pm 

Again, just rying to find an apartment to move into and I run into these people again. Last week the owner of the apartment I wanted to see was in London. This week a different apartment, this owner is in Greece. We didn't even get to the whole TNT service. I cut it off early. It's just becoming really annoying now. Every apartment I look at I have to wait and see ifthe "owner" is currently in another country to see if it is a real listing or not. HERE'STHE EMAILS

"OWNER" Hi,

The apartment is available now, flexible lease, i am the owner, 4th floor, elavator, fully furnished, i can rent it unfurnished too, all the utilities are included ( water, garbage, electricity, heat..etc). Pets are allowed. I am renting the whole apartment for $1,300 per month. I am asking for 2 month's rent payment plus 1 month as security deposit, the 2 months are for the 1st, 2nd and the deposit will be returned at the end of the lease. So, it's a total of $3,900. If my terms are ok with you please reply back, if you have questions please free to ask. Here are photos:
http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/njgoonan

Address:
915 MADISON ST #4E,
HOBOKEN, NJ 07030

Thank you
Timothy Brennan

"ME" Ok, When can we set up an appointment to see the apartment?

"OWNER" Hi again,

Just a few more info. Equal size-2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, 1,056 sq. ft., washer/dryer in unit, A/C, dishwasher, parking --1 spot included in the rent, safe neighborhood, nice neighbors, very quiet, no noise, close to transportation and everything else. It's fully furnished, but i can rent it unfurnished also, same price if unfurnished, will use a moving
company. As i said pets are allowed. Building has maintenance - included in the rent price. The lenght of the lease is flexible: long/short term. I have to tell you that i am in Athens, Greece, i am here with a job contract for 5 years, i am in my first year now, i come to
NJ every 6 months for 3 or 4 days and if you rent the apartment i will stay to a hotel. If you want to see the apartment i would need your address where the keys to be fedex-overnighted to you, we will talk about the payment process for the $3,900 and about the other details, but, first, if there is somethig else that you want to know please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
Timothy Brennan

"ANGRY ME"
You know what, I was going to play along with your stupid game, but I'm getting tired of it. I am an honest person trying to find an apartment to move my family into an I keep running into you f-ing idiots that are trying to scam innocent people out of their money. Can you please stop posting on Craigslist so that people that are trying to make legitmate business deals can do so. You guys should probably talk to each and not post on the same website at the same time for apartments in the same area because more than likely the same people are looking at the same listings. I waited over a week to hear back from you about this apartment just find out that I was dealing with the same idiots as the previous apartment that I inquired about in anther town. You are just wasting everyones time with this crap. Here's a concept. Go out and get a REAL job like everyone else. Try one that might not require you burning in hell when you die.
P.S. GET THE *&^% OFF CRIAGSLIST!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:37 pm 
Gold Member

Smarterthanu,

Have you tried Rent.com?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:03 pm 

Hey

I was almost scammed too for a Macbook pro off craigslist. BUT Craigslist has a scam notification contact- all you do is send them the posting ID and name. I reported my scammer and the listing was off Craigslist the next day- I encourage you all to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:26 pm 

I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:58 pm 
Gold Member

Smarterthanu wrote:
I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks

Just remember Rent.com does not ask for money at all. I have used the service several times and it has worked well. I know around where I live the rentals usually give you money off the first month or off the security deposit if you mention rent.com.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:56 am 

Thank you everyone that has posted here this site is awesome. I have found one off of NH craigslist for an apple laptop, when i saw the low price, found out that she not only lived in wolverhampton UK, but was willing to ship it 2 day shipping for free, even though the price was already incredibly low for the laptop, i knew something was up and a couple minutes on google i found this.
Here is the email.

Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop is a US model, and it comes with warranty.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).

Let me know what you think.

Best,
Susan

she attached 5 or 6 pictures, not stock photos that all looked good. They are very good at making you beleive they have the product and just want to sell it, and they make you trust that you cant get screwed using the TNT service.
Anyway, thank you everyone who has posted possibly saved me a little over 300 dollars, and i hope that my post wull help someone too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next